Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/1/2016 5:38:52 PM EDT
Ordered it off of Fleabay for 16 dollars and change including shipping. Comes with what you see plus extra screws and allen wrench.

The picatinny rail locks up tight on the bayonet lug and the folding cover has enough clearance so as not to mar the barrel or gas tube.

So why buy a bipod adaptor for a Garand? I shoot better with a stable platform and Lil' Sis likes to mimic Big Brother.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Should a bought a BAR...
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Way to go, you just Tapcofucked an M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I am rarely shocked at this point, but OP managed to do it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hmmm, maybe I should get one for my Ramline stocked Garand with Ultimak rail...

eta  I love when Garand guys get butthurt.  BTW, I have 6 or 7 Garands, I forget. All but one in wood.

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lighten up, Francis. Its completly un-Tapcofuckable.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This..
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a Sage chassis and an NC star scope for it. Same kind that got Hitler!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
FIrst Post wins!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#10]
What's up Bubba?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#12]
NO!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#14]
OP has no class.  Shame shame, shame... *ding ding*
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#15]
you people are acting like he did something permanent

that thing would literally come off in seconds, relax
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

eta  I love when Garand guys get butthurt.  BTW, I have 6 or 7 Garands, I forget. All but one in wood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, because that retarded piece of shit is going to beat loose the splines on your gas cylinder.

(Hint: and your front sight is attached to the gas cylinder).

Epoxy bed a sling stud and a backer plate under the op-rod channel.

Harris HB2...

ARFCOM Thread in the archives about this topic...
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:01:30 PM EDT
[#17]

What happens in NC stays in NC.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#18]
So sad.  It's like painting a dick on the Mona Lisa!
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you let someone fuck you in the ass, it's not permanent, and it might be over in seconds.  

Doesn't mean it's a good idea.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you let someone fuck you in the ass, it's not permanent, and it might be over in seconds.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#21]
If the M1 was meant to have a bipod John Fucking Cantius Garand would have designed it with one...

You don't fuck with perfection....

Oh, and if you have an issue with that, you can take it up with General George S Patton...

Geez.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Just when I think I've seen it all in GD...

Holy Jesus.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom...Head shot... LOL.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The voice of experience...

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#25]
lol, you gonna get raped
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#26]
To the OP, its your rifle to do as you please on dont let anyone tell you different. I would bet most of the guys abusing you dont even own anGarand.
That being said clamping anything to the gas cylinder is not good and in time it will loosen the fit and affect accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#27]
In before Fluffy

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
To the OP, its your rifle to do as you please on dont let anyone tell you different. I would bet most of the guys abusing you dont even own anGarand.
That being said clamping anything to the gas cylinder is not good and in time it will loosen the fit and affect accuracy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#29]
U had to go and fuck it up .
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What part do you not understand? Its not my cup of tea either but I am not goint to berate him becuase of his choice even though IMO it may have been a poor one
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Good chance accuracy will be affected. At the least, point of impact will more than likely change. As GI's found out, accuracy is adversely affected when a bayonet is attached.

Get a good sling, learn how to use it and that will make you far more accurate with it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Chinese parts on a Garand?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is this world coming to?

Day 1
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:42:40 AM EDT
[#33]
This is why ISIS hates us.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

What's wrong with using it, if you just wanna zero or "sight in" the M1 and then remove it afterward?
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What's wrong with using it, if you just wanna zero or "sight in" the M1 and then remove it afterward?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you zero with that on and applying pressure to the barrel then take it off your POI will shift.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 9:07:33 AM EDT
[#36]
OP, clearly your daddy didn't beat you enough with a leather 1907 pattern sling.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:15:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Some of the comments here show a real lack of intelligence on biblical proportions!!
Please tell me most about this fragile gas tube of which you speak. You know the same gas tube that bayonets were fixed to and then all sorts of stabby drills were performed. I did clean of the excess shit that wasn't needed to secure the bipod to the adapter in my shop last night. It looks cleaner and still holds firmly. I'm going to enjoy shooting it like this and I'll report back when the fragile gas tube falls off.

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Some of the comments here show a real lack of intelligence on biblical proportions!!
Please tell me most about this fragile gas tube of which you speak. You know the same gas tube that bayonets were fixed to and then all sorts of stabby drills were performed. I did clean of the excess shit that wasn't needed to secure the bipod to the adapter in my shop last night. It looks cleaner and still holds firmly. I'm going to enjoy shooting it like this and I'll report back when the fragile gas tube falls off.

View Quote

It is common knowledge that removing the gas cylinder for cleaning unnecessarily will wear the barrel splines and result in a loose fit of the gas cylinder which will affect accuracy. As barrel splines wear the cylinder will  have a roational movement. Remember the front sight is attached to the gas cylinder
Use of a bayonet ( stabby drills) as you call it, would also wear these splines as will the adpter and bipod you have installed.
You can peen the splines to tighten the fit when it loosens but it will not last with anything attached to the cylinder.

You and I can agree on one point , Some of the comments here show a real lack of intelligence on biblical proportions
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Personally I just rest my Garand on my range bag.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#40]
please mount a flashlight
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It is common knowledge that removing the gas cylinder for cleaning unnecessarily will wear the barrel splines and result in a loose fit of the gas cylinder which will affect accuracy. As barrel splines wear the cylinder will  have a roational movement. Remember the front sight is attached to the gas cylinder
Use of a bayonet ( stabby drills) as you call it, would also wear these splines as will the adpter and bipod you have installed.
You can peen the splines to tighten the fit when it loosens but it will not last with anything attached to the cylinder.

You and I can agree on one point , Some of the comments here show a real lack of intelligence on biblical proportions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because it's not like a battle rifle should ever be subjected to wear and abuse. The horror of having to replace a part!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:07:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
please mount a flashlight
View Quote

Your Garand collection must be extensive. Please share photos.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yeah, because it's not like a battle rifle should ever be subjected to wear and abuse. The horror of having to replace a part!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you take any time to read my post? Its not the gas cylinder that wears but the barrel splines. Barrels are not cheap to replace.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If the M1 was meant to have a bipod John Fucking Cantius Garand would have designed it with one...

You don't fuck with perfection....

Oh, and if you have an issue with that, you can take it up with General George S Patton...

Geez.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks clunky.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Did you take any time to read my post? Its not the gas cylinder that wears but the barrel splines. Barrels are not cheap to replace.
View Quote

Oh, like the piston cup that was cracked in my M1 Carbine from abuse when I purchased it? ERMMAGAWD! ERMMAGAWD!!! The 1943 barrel is ruined!!! Hey, shit happens, stuff gets wore out. What am I gonna do stick it in a closet? No.Fuck no. I sent it out and had a new Criterion barrel installed and I rock on.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Looks clunky.
View Quote

No. My M1a Sage is "clunky".
Learn your "clunky" and get back to me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#49]
That actually doesn't look half bad.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 8:03:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/guns/photo_zps21d2664d.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks clunky.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/guns/photo_zps21d2664d.jpg

Jeebus, what does that weigh?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top