[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Joglee is that you?
View Quote
I did this thread a week or two ago.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Army I got your solution to the infantry half kilometer.

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

At least the uniform doesn't pretend to fix what is wrong with US ground combat power.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey Army I got your solution to the infantry half kilometer.

http://i.imgur.com/dyRvmXk.jpg
View Quote
Your picture needs more PMAG and optic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your picture needs more PMAG and optic.
View Quote
I'd rather keep the current M150/M68 setup and train soldiers to shoot better at 500M.

Don't matter what optic you give them, they still won't hit shit.

That said M855A1 is an insanely flat shooting projectile and explodes in the body out to 500M, even with the pressure reduction being reduced to 2,910FPS at 54,200PSI.

I've gotten M855A1 to fragment as low a 1,200-1,300FPS at 10'(pulled the projectile and downloaded the powder to simulate it.

@JohnBurns
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

In some form factor like LSAT or caseless or liquid propelled ceaseless or EM-driven, sure.

In the familiar metallic cartridge- nitrocellulose propellant paradigm, switching from 5.56 for general issue is dumb.  Even switching GPMGs and DMR-type rifles from .308 to a 6.5mm cartridge would offer a pretty modest leap in capabilities compared to the investment.

A hot .338 round would probably be worth doing in a "light heavy" MG or even electric/rotary gun for static and vehicle-borne use, as well as a sniper rifle.
View Quote
I think you are correct about carbines, but precision will go 6.5 sooner than later whether it is in a brass cased or polymer hybrid case configuration, and will most likely be pushed down to the DMR also.  Once the ammo is in the system, it won't be long before m240s will end up being converted for the extended range benefit.  

Waiting for cased telescope is a mistake.  LSAT has been 10-15 years away for the last 20 years, and will continue to remain always 10 years away.  The irony is it was originally billed as an interim soluton which could be fielded quickly until they could perfect caseless ammo.

The 338 is in a similar position as the 6.5  while the requirement for the MG is gaining traction, I think it will pick up steam after 338 Norma rifles begin being fielded and ammo contract's are in place.  

I can see 7.62 being completely replaced, and a decrease in the number of .50s, but I agree the 5.56 is sticking around for a while.  The economic's don't make sense to change
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd rather keep the current M150/M68 setup and train soldiers to shoot better at 500M.

Don't matter what optic you give them, they still won't hit shit.

That said M855A1 is an insanely flat shooting projectile and explodes in the body out to 500M, even with the pressure reduction being reduced to 2,910FPS at 54,200PSI.

I've gotten M855A1 to fragment as low a 1,200-1,300FPS at 10'(pulled the projectile and downloaded the powder to simulate it.

@JohnBurns
View Quote
God damnit, no. We don't need to train soldiers to shoot at 500m. We have sights that already have Bullet Drop reticles (ACOGs and Elcans). Teaching the 4 fundamentals is all that's necessary. 

Our 240 gunners were knocking down 800meter "Ivans" on the MG range like it was nothing. The MGO with the BDC allowed for that. 

The Marines did or still do train to shoot at 500 meters, but all that shit goes right out the window, in the field. We either use tracers or Kentucky windage to get on target. Playing with dials and shit on your iron sights or optics while under fire, is dumb.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

God damnit, no. We don't need to train soldiers to shoot at 500m. We have sights that already have Bullet Drop reticles (ACOGs and Elcans). Teaching the 4 fundamentals is all that's necessary. 

Our 240 gunners were knocking down 800meter "Ivans" on the MG range like it was nothing. The MGO with the BDC allowed for that. 

The Marines did or still do train to shoot at 500 meters, but all that shit goes right out the window, in the field. We either use tracers or Kentucky windage to get on target. Playing with dials and shit on your iron sights or optics while under fire, is dumb.
View Quote
You argued my point. Keep the M68/M150 line of optics and teach soldiers to use them.

No need to mess with the dials on either of those optics.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think you are correct about carbines, but precision will go 6.5 sooner than later whether it is in a brass cased or polymer hybrid case configuration, and will most likely be pushed down to the DMR also.  Once the ammo is in the system, it won't be long before m240s will end up being converted for the extended range benefit.  

Waiting for cased telescope is a mistake.  LSAT has been 10-15 years away for the last 20 years, and will continue to remain always 10 years away.  The irony is it was originally billed as an interim soluton which could be fielded quickly until they could perfect caseless ammo.

The 338 is in a similar position as the 6.5  while the requirement for the MG is gaining traction, I think it will pick up steam after 338 Norma rifles begin being fielded and ammo contract's are in place.  

I can see 7.62 being completely replaced, and a decrease in the number of .50s, but I agree the 5.56 is sticking around for a while.  The economic's don't make sense to change
View Quote
I believe USASOC is looking at 338 Norma for the next assault machine gun.

Likely the Mk48 type weapon system.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What is wrong with the 5.56?
View Quote
Because they already have that.  Can't waste tax payer money and let higher ups work themselves into a nice consulting jobs when they retire by sticking with what they have.  Same with all the almost yearly tests of different camo patterns by every individual branch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:09:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Also the USMC and the 75th.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#12]
More jack off material for the guys who think our troops should all be carrying 15 pound M1A SOCOMs like the one they bought because they saw it in soldier of fortune magazine while eating hot pockets in their mom's basement.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:18:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
What the heck is an assault machine gun???
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:42:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:02:39 AM EDT
[#16]
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the 5.56.........it's the stupid F'ing FMJ bullet that's the problem. There are bullet designs in 5.56 thst will kill a deer, hog or what ever. Use better bullets. Think about it...they say that FMJ bullets are inhumane to use hunting.

That you must use bullets that are designed to kill humanely. Yet in the same breath there are people that say you must use FMJ bullets in war because the same bullets that kill wild game humanely kill humans inhumanely.

Bullet design in the 5.56 can make it 10 times more effective and more humane if there is such a thing in war. Because only the politicians that never fight look at war and killing the enemy and dieing as humane.

They've never been there to see it edited
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's a machine gun that isn't used from a tripod.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:40:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yeah, because the US is going to suddenly ignore NATO standards.

To my knowledge, the only NATO-standard calibers are 9mm, 5.56mm (.223 Remington), 7.62mm (.308 Winchester), 12.7mm (.50 BMG), and 25mm.

I just don't see us issuing infantry weapons large-scale without pushing it through NATO.
View Quote
The only thing that keeps us in NATO these days is that we pay all the bills. With the EU going full commie/snackbar, international dynamics are changing. 2020 may find us living in a completely different world regarding who our allies are and what standards we adhere to.

I'm another who thinks the 6.5 grendel would be a good match. Barrel, bolt and magazine change. Done. And magazines are limited life items.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#19]
BREAKING: Top secret photo of new military "Joint Infantry Service Model" (JISM) weapon system to be used by "Special Forces" and other select military units.  The caliber is still classified.  However, we know this is all real because the weapon was secretly photographed on an Army jacket.  While this statement is unconfirmed, it has been reported that one of the Army's test personnel was overheard stating ".............and one of the greatest advantages of the new JISM weapon system is that it will piss off SBRtards bigly...."

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:14:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the 5.56.........it's the stupid F'ing FMJ bullet that's the problem. There are bullet designs in 5.56 thst will kill a deer, hog or what ever. Use better bullets. Think about it...they say that FMJ bullets are inhumane to use hunting.

That you must use bullets that are designed to kill humanely. Yet in the same breath there are people that say you must use FMJ bullets in war because the same bullets that kill wild game humanely kill humans inhumanely.
View Quote
The prohibition on using hunting bullets in war is not because they "kill humans inhumanely." It's because, when they don't kill, they inflict grievous, difficult-to-treat, often amputating wounds.

You (and others) may not give a fuck if the enemy suffers severe wounds, but remember the other side of the coin: If we start using hunting bullets, our future enemies may very well follow suit.

Countless US soldiers who were wounded in battle, made a full recovery because they were hit by non-fragmenting, non-expanding, FMJ bullets.  Do you really want to change that for the worse?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BREAKING: Top secret photo of new military "Joint Infantry Service Model" (JISM) weapon system to be used by "Special Forces" and other select military units.  The caliber is still classified.  However, we know this is all real because the weapon was secretly photographed on an Army jacket.  While this statement is unconfirmed, it has been reported that one of the Army's test personnel was overheard stating ".............and one of the greatest advantages of the new JISM weapon system is that it will piss off SBRtards bigly...."

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4175/34444061752_7c1b546f87_b.jpg
View Quote
Shouldn't you have used scorpion camo? 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:26:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or from a bipod, either, it seems.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The prohibition on using hunting bullets in war is not because they "kill humans inhumanely." It's because, when they don't kill, they inflict grievous, difficult-to-treat, often amputating wounds.

You (and others) may not give a fuck if the enemy suffers severe wounds, but remember the other side of the coin: If we start using hunting bullets, our future enemies may very well follow suit.

Countless US soldiers who were wounded in battle, made a full recovery because they were hit by non-fragmenting, non-expanding, FMJ bullets.  Do you really want to change that for the worse?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again my point if we are going to go to war and shoot each other lets do it nicely line in use...... You don't think for one moment that if our enemies could get their hands on what ever kind of ammo they would use it.  The point of going to war is to kill the enemy in any way possible. This let's be nice while we do it B.S. is why everything is so F'ed up.  

I quite aware about why we do not use hunting bullets. But the U.S. never signed that accord.  Plus it does not matter what new weapon the U.S. comes out with If all we will be using is FMJ.  We need better bullets that will kill better instead of punching holes.

If we are going to fight a war, fight a war and stop making it pretty or nice. Kill the bastards and if that means when you shoot them it blows their leg, arm or head off so be it.  This line that they will do it to us. Hell they already are with IEDs and anything else they can get their hands on. Look at what the enemy does if they capture a soldier.

Wars not suppose to be polite. War is about winning and the way you win is to kill the enemy.  Anyway you can using  whatever you can. Inflicting the most damage to can.  Period

That's how our men get to come home. Yes you will lose some that's war it's not nice or pretty. You be polite not me.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:08:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
6.8 SPC for infantry

6.5 Creedmoor for machine guns and longer range role weapons.

However, I wonder what the barrel life of a 6.5 Creedmoor would be in a machine gun. That might work so well.

7mm Creedmoor or 7mm08 might be pretty damn interesting as well.
View Quote
30 creedmore for the win. 

Oh, wait?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Standard Army E-type silhouette.  500 Meters.  Lighter weight, better dependability, ergonomics, precision, and accuracy.

Nice, objective standards.

You still have to train the Soldier to use it, and he/she stills needs to execute the shot.  DOTMLPF much?

Physics and physiology haven't changed much in the last 200 years.  Arguing is stoopid.  Technology will change.  Throwing money at a problem every few decades won't fix it.

Heavier weapons that are louder and recoil harder aren't going to fix the problem, especially for marginal shooters who can't hit the target now with 5.56 rifles and optics.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The next MG adopted service-wide will use caseless ammo regardless of what USASOC looks at.

The push is to cut weight, and you can cut the weight of a MG and its ammo almost in half with caseless.  There is a lot of weight tied up in recoil operation.

The weight savings aren't as much with a gas operated carbine and 5.56, but they exist, and it matters.  Joe humps enough shit as it is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Is there even a problem that needs solving with our current issue small arms?

Looking at a cost benefit analysis, are there not other more effective weapons systems that we could spend the money on that would be a better "bang for the buck" for an increase in combat capabilities?

I'm not a vet or anything more than a firearms enthusiast, but I've always read on here and from other sources that small arms aren't that big of a factory in today's wars anyways.

Guys who have been there and seen combat, did you ever feel outgunned by the enemy (assuming small arms vs small arms?)
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is there even a problem that needs solving with our current issue small arms?

Looking at a cost benefit analysis, are there not other more effective weapons systems that we could spend the money on that would be a better "bang for the buck" for an increase in combat capabilities?

I'm not a vet or anything more than a firearms enthusiast, but I've always read on here and from other sources that small arms aren't that big of a factory in today's wars anyways.

Guys who have been there and seen combat, did you ever feel outgunned by the enemy (assuming small arms vs small arms?)
View Quote
I would say no for the individual rifle.  The M4 is about as good as current technology allows.  The best thing is how easy it is to improve with COTS.

On the MG side, the 7.62X51 is a real limitation.

I'd like to see something like the 338 magnums in a 240 type platform.  I know the 6.5s give nice ballstics, but I am also curious what that would do to tracers which are pretty handy for a MG for a number of reasons.

but the real money is in individual weapons, not crew served, so HK bribes and woos on the individual weapon and we ignore MUCH more pressing problems.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
A machine gun you carry during the assault.

The M249 and Mk46 are assault machine guns.

Vs a machine gun designed for overwatch.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would say no for the individual rifle.  The M4 is about as good as current technology allows.  The best thing is how easy it is to improve with COTS.

On the MG side, the 7.62X51 is a real limitation.

I'd like to see something like the 338 magnums in a 240 type platform.  I know the 6.5s give nice ballstics, but I am also curious what that would do to tracers which are pretty handy for a MG for a number of reasons.

but the real money is in individual weapons, not crew served, so HK bribes and woos on the individual weapon and we ignore MUCH more pressing problems.
View Quote
is the limitation from the weight of the ammo, or trajectory/range? Honest question.

As a side note, my son thought it would be cool buy surplus M60 ammo links and link up 200 rounds of empty milsurp brass.  Just the brass and links alone are heavier than most people would think.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

is the limitation from the weight of the ammo, or trajectory/range? Honest question.
View Quote
.30cal bullets just sit in a bad place, mathematics/physics-wise.  To get good, slippery, high-BC .30 cal bullets you have to get weights up above 180 grains and higher, which the 7.62x51 cartridge doesn't have the case capacity to push very fast.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I really hope the 300 blackout people are trolling.
View Quote
Nothing wrong with 300 BLK but I'd say it's overhyped on here and wouldn't be good for military application
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

To my knowledge, the only NATO-standard calibers are 9mm, 5.56mm (.223 Remington), 7.62mm (.308 Winchester), 12.7mm (.50 BMG), and 25mm.

I just don't see us issuing infantry weapons large-scale without pushing it through NATO.
View Quote
With the way that the Euro zone is going, is considering NATO's input/impact really a category one thing? How long do you see NATO lasting? 
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
With the way that the Euro zone is going, is considering NATO's input/impact really a category one thing? How long do you see NATO lasting? 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
.300blk and he done with it
View Quote
This is maybe the worst choice for a general issue cartridge imaginable.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As a side note, my son thought it would be cool buy surplus M60 ammo links and link up 200 rounds of empty milsurp brass.  Just the brass and links alone are heavier than most people would think.
View Quote
Both.

The juice isn't really worth the squeeze.  For most operations we just used SAWs.  The only time we took our 240s off the trucks was when we did a raid with not much humping and we used them to provide cordon security on the three points (we did a triangular defense)  As is typical with the ETTs, we couldn't find the tripods.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This is maybe the worst choice for a general issue cartridge imaginable.
View Quote
Yep. It's a watered down 7.62x39. The round the Soviets moved away from to greener cartridge pastures in 1974. Some here think that a cartridge that's inferior to one the Soviets ditched 43 years ago is a good idea.

Suggesting .300 BLK as a general issue round is sheer stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bullet design in the 5.56 can make it 10 times more effective and more humane if there is such a thing in war. Because only the politicians that never fight look at war and killing the enemy and dieing as humane.

They've never been there to see it edited
View Quote
Accurate hits kill, the bullet type doesn't matter.

ETA M855A1 does nasty stuff when it hits shit, too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You don't think for one moment that if our enemies could get their hands on what ever kind of ammo they would use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't think for one moment that if our enemies could get their hands on what ever kind of ammo they would use it.
Bogus argument. AFAIK, our enemies have never used hunting bullets. Only FMJ, and nearly always non-fragmenting FMJ at that.

The point of going to war is to kill the enemy in any way possible.
Wrong. The goal in war is to defeat the enemy.

I quite aware about why we do not use hunting bullets. But the U.S. never signed that accord.
True, but the US did agree to abide by it. And did so up until circa 1990, when a new JAG decided to give a "creative" interpretation of the law.

Plus it does not matter what new weapon the U.S. comes out with If all we will be using is FMJ.  We need better bullets that will kill better instead of punching holes.
Meh. We fought the biggest war in history, using non-fragmenting (steel core) FMJ. Besides, you apparently fail to realize that "punching holes" in hard targets is also a requirement of military ammo.

If we are going to fight a war, fight a war and stop making it pretty or nice. Kill the bastards and if that means when you shoot them it blows their leg, arm or head off so be it.  This line that they will do it to us. Hell they already are with IEDs and anything else they can get their hands on.
Meh, again. IEDs are just the poor man's way of accomplishing what we do by dropping 1000-lb bombs on a target.

Wars not suppose to be polite. War is about winning and the way you win is to kill the enemy.  Anyway you can using  whatever you can. Inflicting the most damage to can.  Period
War is a game, mankind's oldest team sport. I see no reason to inflict any more damage than necessary.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
6.8 SPC for infantry
6.5 Creedmoor for machine guns and longer range role weapons.
However, I wonder what the barrel life of a 6.5 Creedmoor would be in a machine gun. That might work so well.
7mm Creedmoor or 7mm08 might be pretty damn interesting as well.
.30 caliber forever!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The next MG adopted service-wide will use caseless ammo regardless of what USASOC looks at.
View Quote
That seems extremely unlikely, considering the lack of success in developing caseless ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

.30 caliber forever!
View Quote

The cult of the .30 caliber rifle bullet has set small arms design back decades at least.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:00:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Accurate hits kill, the bullet type doesn't matter.

ETA M855A1 does nasty stuff when it hits shit, too.
View Quote
We do use hunting bullets and there is a difference in the wound produced.

Marines have the MK318 which is a version of Jack Cater's old Trophy Bonded Bear Claw.

JSOC uses Brown Tip which is the Barnes 70gr TSX.

M855A1 is a copy of the old Remington Bronze Point with a steel tip.

Many people don't realize even OTM started as a hunting bullet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The cult of the .30 caliber rifle bullet has set small arms design back decades at least.
View Quote
Government mediocrity and incompetency cursed us with the .30 caliber cult of "manliness"
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. No, they're not. They are light machine guns.

I do wish people would stop making up their own definitions.

Vs a machine gun designed for overwatch.
Well, any feasible .338 Norma (or .338 Lapua) machine gun will be so big and heavy that it will almost certainly be used solely for overwatch, so it's just plain silly to talk about a .338 "assault" machine gun.

Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We do use hunting bullets and there is a difference in the wound produced.

Marines have the MK318 which is a version of Jack Cater's old Trophy Bonded Bear Claw.

JSOC uses Brown Tip which is the Barnes 70gr TSX.

M855A1 is a copy of the old Remington Bronze Point with a steel tip.

Many people don't realize even OTM started as a hunting bullet.
View Quote
I put a hole in a dude, I have pretty much met 90% of my combat requirements.

If I am close up, I keep putting more holes in him.

If I am far away, I have slowed him down to the point where I can walk up and put more holes in him.

Hunting men isn't entirely equivilent to hunting animals.

I don't worry about an "ethical" kill.  Simply a legal one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Opposite is true.

Brass is a major conductor of electron flow, so heat from the cartridge transfers into the steel chamber, barrel, and any components that touch the barrel.

Polymer, on the other hand, absorbs heat and electron flow, more as an insulator.

Polymer cases suck heat into the case and transfer substantially less heat to the barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What method will be used to keep a rifle cool that uses polymer cases?  

Brass does a great job of taking heat with it as it's ejected from the rifle.
Opposite is true.

Brass is a major conductor of electron flow, so heat from the cartridge transfers into the steel chamber, barrel, and any components that touch the barrel.

Polymer, on the other hand, absorbs heat and electron flow, more as an insulator.

Polymer cases suck heat into the case and transfer substantially less heat to the barrel.
Removing heat takes mass.

How heavy is that plastic?

The plastic will act as a better insulator.

And "electron flow" is not happening.

Electron vibration maybe but not flow.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:15:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol. It's war dude. Do you think any enemy gives a fuck about grievous wounds?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the range on one of those, 50 yards?

Why not just switch to 7.62x39?
I can shoot mine out to 300 yards.

And with the .300blk, you can use the standard m16 bcg and magazines at full capacity
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/30/30550314f044d524962bfa95df8d92716d1b0fe65ee74f20c49e3cc5d086b972.jpg
Shit! The Buffington sight on my Trapdoor are calibrated to 2000 yds, we should switch to 45-70
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top