...also,  300 blk for US infantry is a stupid idea
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
double tap
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It was evaluated by JSCOC, SF, and others.

Nobody really wanted it, nor did they ask for it.  snip
View Quote
As someone new to ARs and doing research for my first build (I'm a long ways off, but like covering my bases), this is interesting info.  I tried searching on Google to check this stuff out, but it's proved impossible to bring it up - other than you constantly repeating it.  Other than hearsay, do you have any actual links that document any of this by actual people who were/are in the know?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:12:10 AM EDT
[#4]
US Army: Advanced Combat Rifle (ACR) Program [1989-1990]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're quite obtuse which does not work well with your lack of experience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You're quite obtuse which does not work well with your lack of experience.
You're too funny.

Fragmenting is expanding...
Looks quite a bit different.

Brown Tip is not loaded with the TSX, it is loaded with Open Tip Match/ Solid Copper.
LOL. A few years back, Gary Roberts sent me a "brown tip" specimen. It was a Barnes TSX.

MK262 was designed for combat...
Nope, you're still wrong. Mk262 was designed as a competition load, then later employed for combat use.

You can keep on jibber jabbering but it won't change the fact that all  5.56mm ammo the .Mil issues for combat is designed to and does expand easily in the human body.
You can repeat all of that silliness as much as you want, but you're still wrong.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mod 0 was a Nosler bullet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Mk262 was the Sierra MATCH KING, a match round that has been used for competition for many years.  A cannelure was added by military request to help prevent setback so the  crimp would lock the bullet in better.

If they wanted reliable fragmentation they would have used the Hornady 75gr OTM, which fragments more reliably but isn't as accurate.  The SMK is a more accurate bullet, but isn't as a consistent terminal performer (with respects to fragmentation and yaw depth) compared to the Hornady OTM.
Mod 0 was a Nosler bullet.
As I recall, Mk262 Mod0 was originally produced with the Sierra bullet.  Then later on, production switched to the Nosler for a time, and later still, back to the Sierra, which continues to be used.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL. A few years back, Gary Roberts sent me a "brown tip" specimen. It was a Barnes TSX.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Kewl.

I don't need anyone to send me a specimen as I have access to "Brown Tip".

See where the box shows OTM/SC? That means Open Tip Match/ Solid Copper.

The bullet used in "Brown Tip" is from the Tac line of bullets and has a different part number from the TSX.

Quoted:

Nope, you're still wrong. Mk262 was designed as a competition load, then later employed for combat use.
MK 262 was developed for the MK12 SPR for combat.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 5:05:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The bullet used in "Brown Tip" is from the Tac line of bullets and has a different part number from the TSX.

View Quote
Well you figured out what the only difference is.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup. The "OTM" nomenclature obviously chosen to assist in gaining legal approval, since it was not designed to be a match bullet.

Quoted:
LOL. The reason for the different part number is because the label on the box is different. The 70gr TAC-X and 70gr TSX are the exact same bullet. Brown tip (TAC-X/TSX) at right, below.

Quoted:
Quoted:
MK 262 was developed for the MK12 SPR for combat.
You're right that the Mk262 loading was developed for combat. However, the 77gr MatchKing bullet used in the Mk262 Mod0 load was developed for competition, not combat.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top