Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:13:49 PM EDT
I had my first bottle of MD 20/20 over the memorial day weekend. A bunch of friends and me each got a bottle of Mad Dog to try. I got the Purple Rain.

I'd never had cheap ghetto wine like this before and didn't think I'd like it. Well, turns out this stuff tastes fantastic and is disturbingly potent. It made my entire body go numb, almost caused me to black out and caused really whacked out dreams when I went to sleep many hours later. Every single one of us that got a bottle all had the messed up dreams. We think we know why bums are always talking about crazy stuff or seeing things now. It's all the mad dog they've been drinking. It's permanently making them see crazy stuff that isn't there.

Next time I get ghetto wine, I'm going for Cisco. I've heard it's worse.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Why? Everclear+Kool Aid is much cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't touched that stuff in 20 years
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#3]
my friend always gets the red cisco and like clockwork he always ends up puking red vomit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I got really really drunk off MD 20/20 and Vodka when I was 15. I won't ever touch the MD again. I was sick for 2 days.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait until you get really sick off the stuff.  You will never touch it again.  I used to think it was cool cheap stuff.  The last time I touched it, 7 years ago, it took 3 days to recover from it.  I don't even want to think about it anymore.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got really really drunk off MD 20/20 and Vodka when I was 15. I won't ever touch the MD again. I was sick for 2 days.

It took me a few days to feel normal. I was kinda disturbed that I kept getting more and more drunk hours after drinking it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Purple Rain? When did they get all classy?
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I finally found a place near me that sells Night Train.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I haven't touched that stuff in 20 years

I have been assured by my college roommate that if I ever touch the stuff again he will get on an airplane and personally kick my ass.  Apparently, I turned into an asshole one night and I have never been a bad drunk any other time.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]

You have  me curious. I might have to try some of that nasty shit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:22:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I've only seen the red grape and the red banana around here. I want to try some of the wackier flavors. I've had about a half a bottle at a time when I was a bit more of a lightweight, and that was a fun drunk. Red grape tastes like grape juice from concentrate with a touch of everclear.

Maybe I should make that my project this weekend... find a new flavor of MD 20/20, drink the entire bottle, and keep ARFCOM posted. No promises, though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Gallo Sangria is better.

I have had some MD20/20 that was passed through a still. The brandy that resulted was quite tasty.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Mix Mad Dog with Mountain Dew. You get Doggie Dew.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You have  me curious. I might have to try some of that nasty shit.

At first it's not the greatest thing in the world, but as you start to drink it you realllly begin to enjoy the flavor. If you drink it in moderation you should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]
You want cheap, you have to go Boone's Farm.  Strawberry Hill preferred.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've only seen the red grape and the red banana around here. I want to try some of the wackier flavors. I've had about a half a bottle at a time when I was a bit more of a lightweight, and that was a fun drunk. Red grape tastes like grape juice from concentrate with a touch of everclear.

Maybe I should make that my project this weekend... find a new flavor of MD 20/20, drink the entire bottle, and keep ARFCOM posted. No promises, though.

The Purple Rain I had was good. The Blue Raspberry is good too, but I don't like how it's not as strong tasting as the Purple Rain. A friend had sour apple and they said it was AWESOME.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
A guy I know buys Thunderbird by the case and kills several bottles a day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had my first bottle of MD 20/20 over the memorial day weekend. A bunch of friends and me each got a bottle of Mad Dog to try. I got the Purple Rain.

http://i40.tinypic.com/x0r7fb.jpg

I'd never had cheap ghetto wine like this before and didn't think I'd like it. Well, turns out this stuff tastes fantastic and is disturbingly potent. It made my entire body go numb, almost caused me to black out and caused really whacked out dreams when I went to sleep many hours later. Every single one of us that got a bottle all had the messed up dreams. We think we know why bums are always talking about crazy stuff or seeing things now. It's all the mad dog they've been drinking. It's permanently making them see crazy stuff that isn't there.

Next time I get ghetto wine, I'm going for Cisco. I've heard it's worse.

I always liked grape mad dog best. What I could not handle was Thunderbird, but I had buddies who could drink it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Holy crap that's unhealthy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Shudder.

Only time I woke up hung over, in a puddle of my own sick, on the dirt jail floor in another country was because of Mad Dog.   Fuck that shit.   Fuck it right in the ear.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got really really drunk off MD 20/20 and Vodka beer when I was 15. 19 I won't ever touch the MD again. I was sick for 2 days.

+1

The most wretched God awful alcohol ever conceived. That was the only night I ever blacked out...then I puked in my sleep. Not good, thankfully I didnt die.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Back in the early 90s we called that Liquid crack,

Now Cisco is worse.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#26]
When I was a kid I once drank a mix of MD 20/20, Grape Kool Aid, and liquid Codeine. All I remember was sitting back in a recliner with a giant smile on my face not wanting to move.

I don't think I'd touch MD 20/20 with a 20 foot pole now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I had a patient once who had burned out his brain on MD, Wild Irish Rose, Night Train, Thunderbird plus lots of pot smoking. He always said he liked "Cheap Wine" because he got "higher" cheaper. Makes sense to me!
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Which is better,  Boone's Farm or MD?

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#29]
BLING BLING

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy crap that's unhealthy.

What you mean is say goodbye to your liver

I don't drink but I find endless amusment over people that do talking about it
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Get the FUCK out!

Is that a photoshop!?

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Still vividly recall the gagging wretched puking sensation and fishing tiny little pieces of "grape" out of my teeth.

Twenty sixish years ago... I tried to fake being sober after getting that sick. I think having to crawl up-stairs gave me away though

I felt like I had been kicked in the head the next day. Today it would probably lay me up in bed for three days.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Back in the college days they were 5 for $5, talk about hangover hell.

-JTP
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

MD is stronger but Boone's tastes better. Both will make you regret being born the next morning.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Boone's Farm is easier to drink (kinda tasty, actually).  It was THE drink in High School.....$.99 a bottle and provided a good buzz.  We always liked the original Apple.

Mad Dog is to get fucked-up.

To the OP......sit in a nice, comfy air-conditioned area, sip the MD until shit starts spinning, the walk outside into the Florida heat.  Within 5 minutes, that shit will hit you and you won't be able to stand up.  Lots-O-fun!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There are some things a man just has to figure out for himself...get busy!

I've tried most of the brands being talked about in this thread at one time or another and hands down the worst of the lot is Night Train Express.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Shudder.

Only time I woke up hung over, in a puddle of my own sick, on the dirt jail floor in another country was because of Mad Dog.   Fuck that shit.   Fuck it right in the ear.

You can't post that without the story.

It's a banable offense in GD
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#38]
No sir. It's legit and ACLU didn't get their panties in a wad over it.

http://www.bumwine.com/md2020.html

Quoted:

Get the FUCK out!

Is that a photoshop!?

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Also, obligatory "DO NOT WANT" pic...

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Wait until you get your first hangover from the stuff.  

Filtered...  Heh.  I think they thought charcoal filtered meant pouring that stuff over briquettes.  Makes whiskey look like a health drink.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:57:37 PM EDT
[#41]
OH NOES!!!!!

Orange Jubilee = Hugging the Porcelin god!!!!!!!!!

But in my case I puked on my wife while I was Itrying to sleep it off!

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
No sir. It's legit and ACLU didn't get their panties in a wad over it.

http://www.bumwine.com/md2020.html

Quoted:

Get the FUCK out!

Is that a photoshop!?

www.bumwine.com is a pretty cool website.  Might need to get one of those t-shirts
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#43]
that stuff is nasty.

cisco tastes much better. as does thunderbird.

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow!  I haven't thought of MD 20/20 in a looong time.  Then to see a reply about Cisco even more whacked!   The original Cisco was made with vodka and flavoring.  After too many kids died, they changed it to a malt beverage.  It was still crazy strong though.

In college, I had a girlfriend who liked to drink Cisco (new version) through a straw.  One bottle and she'd get slinky, two bottles and. . .fun.   [I know, pics or else lie, but this was before cell phones]
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Get the FUCK out!

Is that a photoshop!?

No my friend had that one and it has the Bling Bling gold on it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shudder.

You can't post that without the story.

It's a banable offense in GD

Well, I can tell the first and third acts, but the second act of the story is just a complete mystery to me.

20 years old.  We were on spring break in Padre Island TX.   Drove down to Brownsville and that's where I came to possess the first bottle of MD 20/20.   End first act.  

Second act...   who fucking knows.   Probably disqualifies me from running for president in any event.

Third act:   Wake up in jail in Matamoros, Mexico.  Wallet completely cleaned out of the $300 cash I had, but my fake I.D. was in there.   (We had a designated sober holding all the real IDs).   No shirt.  Fucking beat up all to hell.  Black eye.  Missing a tooth.  Eyeglasses gone.   Cornhole intact and not-buggered, thankfully.   Used my call to get ahold of my friends, and then basically had to arrange a $500 bribe to get out of jail.   I was one out of 4 in our group that got arrested that night.   No idea for what.  Not the first clue.   What I did find out is that there's no writ of habeous corpus in Mexico. We all had to bribe someone to get out.   Since everything was under the name Randy F. Lagg (yeah, I was a Stephen King fan at the time) nothing ever came of it.  

So, yeah.. fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just go for the MD... If you're sick go to for the Cisco.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#48]
that shit is NASTY!

Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#49]
You can graduate up to Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill when you're ready to be deflowered by a 19 year old dude named Todd.
Link Posted: 5/26/2009 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#50]
ooo high school memories... wine bong=bad idea. I think the night train ran over my brain. Thunderbird is good for turning you mouth a funny color and a cheap drunk. For me I'll stick to whiskey and beer, if the need arises to get  hammer faced on the cheap everclear or some homemade swill will do.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top