Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
This will surely get addicts to stop.

Maybe one of these days we'll try to help addicts get clean, not just push them into the most dangerous ways of living.

No, we won't.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't get the outrage. Did anyone read the article? It said there is a decline in the demand spurred by laws/regs over the past few years and docs not prescribing as much. Makes sense to me to reduce the amount of surplus manufactured.
View Quote
Yeah, a lot of dopers are outraged. The only opioid I have ever taken in my entire life was a prescription of Oxycodone that my dental oral surgeon prescribed for me after I had oral surgery. I took one and it made me nauseous, which was worse than the surgery pain so I never took any more of those god awful Oxycodone pills. As far as I'm concerned they can just ban Oxycodone.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck the DEA. They're the reason patients in tremendous chronic pain get told to fuck off and don't get the pain relief they need. They've got doctors afraid to actually treat patients in the most effective and compassionate manner. DEA should be disbanded.
View Quote
Or, as recently reported by the news, doctors over prescribe these disgusting, highly addictive drugs to people that don't need them that badly and create a bunch of addicts. A friend of mine told me that his father had surgery and refused to take any opioids for his pain because he didn't want to risk becoming addicted. That took a lot of courage and strength.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That's fucking outrageous.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Everything the government touches turns to shit.
View Quote
The problem in a nutshell.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or, as recently reported by the news, doctors over prescribe these disgusting, highly addictive drugs to people that don't need them that badly and create a bunch of addicts. A friend of mine told me that his father had surgery and refused to take any opioids for his pain because he didn't want to risk becoming addicted. That took a lot of courage and strength.
View Quote
This. My doctor was pushing them at me for migraines. F that, if I have pain there's a cause and I fix the cause instead of masking the symptoms.

The pain reward system is fundamental to enjoyment of life, opioids pretty much destroy any balance that system has.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck the DEA. They're the reason patients in tremendous chronic pain get told to fuck off and don't get the pain relief they need. They've got doctors afraid to actually treat patients in the most effective and compassionate manner. DEA should be disbanded.
View Quote
Truth!

Add the price has risen exponentially for generic prescriptions.

Add Pain Meds are no longer eligible for discounts; Sams/Walmart just doubled
cost.

Scarcity of a product increases its cost.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Hahahaha.  This is exactly what I predicted, again, and IIRC I think I said it to Gurka.  Lol.

I bet the medical marijuana advocates could show you folks a thing or two about pestering various agencies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't get the outrage. Did anyone read the article? It said there is a decline in the demand spurred by laws/regs over the past few years and docs not prescribing as much. Makes sense to me to reduce the amount of surplus manufactured.
View Quote
That should be a free market decision, not one regulated by some arbitrary mandate.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Pure 'tardery that will only hurt people who have legitimate needs for the drugs.

Addicts will find the stuff one way or another.
View Quote
The cartels will just increase the amount of heroin they import. Profit will be made and we will be subjected to more intrusive laws for the children.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:01:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Demand decreased because the DEA is prosecuting doctors for prescribing more painkillers than the government thinks is "necessary."

Let *that* sink in a moment.

The government bureaucrats decided that in order to stop opiate abuse it had to tell medical professionals to stop doing their jobs, then, in order to combat the growing black market for opiates (caused by the first encroachment) it has to tell the manufacturers to stop doing their jobs.

Where, exactly, does it end?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demand decreased because the DEA is prosecuting doctors for prescribing more painkillers than the government thinks is "necessary."

The government bureaucrats decided that in order to stop opiate abuse it had to tell medical professionals to stop doing their jobs, then, in order to combat the growing black market for opiates (caused by the first encroachment) it has to tell the manufacturers to stop doing their jobs.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
And reduces its consumption (depending on elasticity).
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#13]
When bureaucrats especially, self serving control agents, patients in pain will suffer because of them and when government agents become doctors the doctors are going to be pissed and they should be...

Less government is best government

Of course the cartels will be happy just as the smugglers and bootleggers were happiest during prohibition....

Government will be driving demand on the illicit side...which will bring them bigger budgets, and more power they probably are happy about that...
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Truth!

cost.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Truth!

cost.

If you think about it, it is really no different than what they have done with tobacco.  I'm not really sure why this comes as a shock for some.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Those motherfuckers should all get terminal cancer.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Government limits on production are more dangerous than opioids.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Governments limits on production are more dangerous than opioids.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.

"This guy I know..."

Or you could just take your doctor-prescribed medication and not go searching around for more afterwards like a junkie shitbag.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
  So you would say that the doctors writing a tremendous number of scripts for spurious back injuries at pill mills were treating their patients in the most effective and compassionate manner?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:13:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
On arfcom, we question the police plenty, why not doctors? I'd say many doctors are not properly doing their jobs. Recently many are over prescribing opioids, for a while now- antibiotics, and also recently putting guys on testosterone shots not as a last resort but because the patient wishes it. I'm not seeing the restraint that should be applied to these medications.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, a lot of dopers are outraged. The only opioid I have ever taken in my entire life was a prescription of Oxycodone that my dental oral surgeon prescribed for me after I had oral surgery. I took one and it made me nauseous, which was worse than the surgery pain so I never took any more of those god awful Oxycodone pills. As far as I'm concerned they can just ban Oxycodone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do people always post this stupid shit? Is it some kind of misguided badge of honor like going to work with a 104 fever and infecting everyone around you?

Those drugs are life savers for some people.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was his choice. It should be the patients choice. My own mother has been in chronic pain for years from osteoarthritis degenerating her hip, trigeminal neuralgia, failed back surgery, and severe abdominal pain. They kept her in a state of agony for years. Turns out the undiagnosed  abdominal pain was cancer spreading for 4+ years. Upon finding advanced cancer they finally opened the medicine up. They gave zero fucks about her suffering till cancer came up. When she went into remission it was back to zero fucks. Now the cancer is back and medicine is back. The way they treat people is inhuman.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
That's the dumbest idea the DEA has had in while. ODs from rx opioids has pretty much held steady since 2011--it's ODs from heroin and fentanyl that have skyrocketed. Expect that trend to continue with this brilliant new move. Meanwhile, legitimate pain patients will suffer.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if these guys are getting a paycheck from the cartels.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

On arfcom, we question the police plenty, why not doctors? I'd say many doctors are not properly doing their jobs. Recently many are over prescribing opioids, for a while now- antibiotics, and also recently putting guys on testosterone shots not as a last resort but because the patient wishes it. I'm not seeing the restraint that should be applied to these medications.
View Quote
What you DON'T ever seem to question is the benign wisdom of the government.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're comparing the voluntary exchange of services with police action?

That's a special kind of retarded.

When doctors are giving you meds at gun point, we can discuss your "argument."
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:23:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
  So you would say that the doctors writing a tremendous number of scripts for spurious back injuries at pill mills were treating their patients in the most effective and compassionate manner?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't say what *he* would say but, I *can* say it's none of the .gov's business what a doctor and his patient agree to.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dont try to put words in my mouth. Read my post above to see I'm talking about real people with real diseases.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#28]
We should actually do the opposite. Increase production and hand them out free at every emergency room no Rx or visit needed. Like when it is Halloween but nobody is home and they put out the take a few basket. Junkies are gonna junky but at least then they wouldn't have to steal shit or waste ER staff time pretending to have pain. If you can't be responsible with drug use that is your problem.

Pop quiz hot shot, do you know why these drugs are so addictive? Cause they work that fucking good.

Praise the lord, glory to big pharma. Thank you big pharma for you have saved me from the most insane amount of pain when I needed you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is nothing new
The precursors have been controlled for years.
View Quote
This.
Seems like a good decision too.

Yes, people will always have access to illegal drugs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol.

"This guy I know..."

Or you could just take your doctor-prescribed medication and not go searching around for more afterwards like a junkie shitbag.
View Quote
"Here, take these psychoactive drugs and make good choices."
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
We should actually do the opposite. Increase production and hand them out free at every emergency room no Rx or visit needed. Like when it is Halloween but nobody is home and they put out the take a few basket. Junkies are gonna junky but at least then they wouldn't have to steal shit or waste ER staff time pretending to have pain. If you can't be responsible with drug use that is your problem.

Pop quiz hot shot, do you know why these drugs are so addictive? Cause they work that fucking good.

Praise the lord, glory to big pharma. Thank you big pharma for you have saved me from the most insane amount of pain when I needed you.
View Quote
Actually, as miraculous as they are at pain-reduction, a lot of people don't find them anywhere close to "fun".  I certainly don't.

Having done this thread a few times, it turns out most of the Drug Warriors, far from their "Junkies should die!!" propaganda, turn out to have some pillhead n'er do well brother who just can't keep his hand out of the pharmaceutical cookie jar so they think that justifies snatching medicine away from some kid suffering from a horrible disease because "poor ol' Earl just fucked his life up after that doctor prescribed him the oxy he kept asking for."

I too subscribe to the Halloween candy bowl theory of drug legalisation:  The reason I don't go and snort a bag of meth isn't because a policeman wagged his finger in my face, it's because it's fucking meth.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#32]
The DEA needs to severely restrict Narcan production & availability.  It should be on the order of rare snake anti-venom.

Want to do drugs?  cool.  Check out early & make room for someone with more brain cells.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

"This guy I know..."

Millions of people do, all the time.

...but the rest of us are all supposed to jump through our own assholes to "protect" a small minority, which also has notable tendencies to have problems with *all* forms of addiction and criminal behavior in general.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And the cartels will get to sell 20% more heroin.

Genius.
View Quote
Isn't there a single sane adult in government who will tell them this is a horrible idea.  Is is simply Prohibition Lite and will give organized crime a greater control over supply and pricing.

You are inviting the worst shit to move to the US.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The DEA needs to severely restrict Narcan production & availability.  It should be on the order of rare snake anti-venom.

Want to do drugs?  cool.  Check out early & make room for someone with more brain cells.
View Quote
 So, your solution to government involvement that has created problems larger than those it intended to solve is.... More government involvement. 

Brilliant! 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Actually, as miraculous as they are at pain-reduction, a lot of people don't find them anywhere close to "fun".  I certainly don't.

Having done this thread a few times, it turns out most of the Drug Warriors, far from their "Junkies should die!!" propaganda, turn out to have some pillhead n'er do well brother who just can't keep his hand out of the pharmaceutical cookie jar so they think that justifies snatching medicine away from some kid suffering from a horrible disease because "poor ol' Earl just fucked his life up after that doctor prescribed him the oxy he kept asking for."

I too subscribe to the Halloween candy bowl theory of drug legalisation:  The reason I don't go and snort a bag of meth isn't because a policeman wagged his finger in my face, it's because it's fucking meth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you nailed it; those people have someone they care about that is a strung out. They can't admit to themselves this person is a weak minded victim of their own doing.

I have only taken serious drugs a couple times in my life but it was things like my jaw had been cut in half, or my foot got opened up like a canoe. You know stuff that hurts. Were they "fun"? No they were not fun, but I could see how someone with a lot of emotional pain could really like them. It was not super easy to come off them in one case because the pain was so high and lasted so long, but you man up and taper it down and move on with life. I have never taken them to be in no pain. I have taken them to be in just enough pain to not be screaming.

You ever hear someone in a hospital screaming during a whole medical procedure? that sound good to you?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#37]
The timing of this couldn't be any more perfect.

The government is cracking down on legitimate pain medication just as all of the big-government loving boomers are aging and retiring out.

The theme of the next 20 years is going to be: "When big-government liberalism bites back."

I hope they all enjoy getting old and living with pain and being told that the strongest thing they're allowed to take is an fucking Advil. 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I work for the US Border Patrol and I can say that 75% or more of the US Citizens we arrest for smuggling are addicts.  Mostly heroin, but occasionally meth. Most go to the hospital for drug withdrawal while they're in our custody.  We've been getting more hard drugs seized at our checkpoints, hard drugs stashed inside the bundles of marijuana being backpacked in (a fairly new thing here), and more recently, we've started seeing fentanyl.  That shit will kill you if you get a few grains of salt worth on your bare skin (literally micrograms), or inhaled, etc.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:16:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Isn't there a single sane adult in government who will tell them this is a horrible idea.  Is is simply Prohibition Lite and will give organized crime a greater control over supply and pricing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the cartels will get to sell 20% more heroin.

Genius.

Where did the beloved Kennedy family make their millions?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:22:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Almost like .gov is working with the cartels.  Surely it's just tinfoil torqued too tightly.
View Quote
I wouldn't be surprised that at minimum, somebody high up is looking the other way. How else does one explain that much heroin getting here from across the world?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not just the DEA.

It's the doctors and pharmacists themselves that have advocated for a huge reduction in prescriptions in some lame attempt to '...just save a single life...'

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:31:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's not just the DEA.

It's the doctors and pharmacists themselves that have advocated for a huge reduction in prescriptions in some lame attempt to '...just save a single life...'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not just the DEA.

You don't see the logical difference between advocating for a change in practical policy and the government mandating it? 
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Millions of people do, all the time.

...but the rest of us are all supposed to jump through our own assholes to "protect" a small minority, which also has notable tendencies to have problems with *all* forms of addiction and criminal behavior in general.
View Quote
I agree.

Freedom is scary.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Artificial scarcity won't help the situation. Our nations drug policy makers are fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why do people always post this stupid shit? Is it some kind of misguided badge of honor like going to work with a 104 fever and infecting everyone around you?

Those drugs are life savers for some people.
View Quote
The inability to withstand horrific pain is a character flaw to some.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#46]
So illegal manufacturing is going to go down 20% while legal also goes down?

I thought it was the cartels and illegal druggies that are making the stuff are responsible for the OD's because they cut it with other shit.

Legal manfacturers have to follow US guidelines and follow purity tests as defined by the patent information and FDA (another alphabet agency). I mean they put Mega $ into clinical tests before releasing drugs to US citizens, still have deaths but they are not nearly as many as the opioid thing.  Or is that all bs too.

I wish the druggie crowd would hurry up and make the switch to shooting up with wasp and hornet spray, give Darwin a few more souls.

Having been on opioids for a few years I can say nothing made me want to suck down more pills than what my bottles script said. My body develops a resistance to things taken over time. Eventually 2.5mg did nothing when I figure out 7.5mg did nothing, I found an alternative.

Way to drive up prices you fags in the DEA.  Go fuck yourselves when people still travel to Canada or Mexico to buy their drugs, get a 90 supply of a drug for a 1/3 of what a 30 day supply costs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Once you "get over" the first few words in my post, could you comment on the rest?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So illegal manufacturing is going to go down 20% while legal also goes down?
View Quote
You're forgetting doctors giving them out are the reason most teens (I'm guessing adults too) become addicts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Of course.

How else will you justify increasing spending the war on drugs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No problem, the cartels will quickly fill that gap with cheaply produced fentanyl which is approx. 1000 times stronger than heroin.

Another smart move by the Feds.
Of course.

How else will you justify increasing spending the war on drugs?
And, the circle jerk of BS is now complete!
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Once you "get over" the first few words in my post, could you comment on the rest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Your premise is so flawed that I can safely dismiss anything you post. 
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top