User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Suppressors are stupid and pointless 99% of the time, so I'm not really too worried about it.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Fleming sear in a mp5 host.

Only then do you truly realize what all the fuss is about.

MP5SD is incredibly boring.  Quiet and effective.  

View Quote
Pain in the arse to clean. Absolutely filthy after four or five 30round magazines. Both the can and the gun. Especially, the trigger pack.

Fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
If you plan to suppress it then get the K. The 8” barrel on the full size will send most 147gr supersonic whereas the K barrel will keep it below the threshold of the sound barrier.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suppressors are stupid and pointless 99% of the time, so I'm not really too worried about it.  

https://i.imgur.com/3sH3Wgn.jpg
thats me for sure at the range.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you plan to suppress it then get the K. The 8" barrel on the full size will send most 147gr supersonic whereas the K barrel will keep it below the threshold of the sound barrier.
View Quote
If running a suppressor on the K, use an 80 degree (#28) locking piece. Problems happen with too high of a cyclic rate.

* Sear host.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fun fact: @DK-Prof is deaf
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I have an sbr MP5k-PDW clone with can.

Like women you have a blond you crave a brunette (or viseVersa)

I should have done the SD
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First and only? Full size
View Quote
This. mind you, I'm not talking that silly 16" barrel idiocy. We're talking an old school, just about 9" barrel setup. Preferably with the handguard that has a light integrated. If I get to be choosy, I'd take an SD model.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I only have one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This. mind you, I'm not talking that silly 16" barrel idiocy. We're talking an old school, just about 9" barrel setup. Preferably with the handguard that has a light integrated. If I get to be choosy, I'd take an SD model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First and only? Full size
I actually miss the sound of the 16" barrel on my now SBR HK94. It had a distinct report with a crack. Would be fun to have a 16" host for the Fleming sear.

The SD and can get filthy quickly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Already voted with my wallet and went full sized. Not only is it one of my favorites,  but my girlfriend and daughter both find it as a favorite due to ha doing and light recoil.

I would love a k to plink with, but full was the first choice
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:09:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Damn. I like that setup.

What rail is that for the optic?
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, this is one choice where ONLY both is acceptable.

If you have one youll never be satisfied unless you have the other.

If I absolutely HAD to choose one though,,,Mp5 full size
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’d justify both.

A real HK SP5 semi is $2900

The really nice MKE are like $1100 each. You’re saving money getting two over the HK one (only diff is roll mark on the side).

You’re welcome.
View Quote

I might agree with something like an AR but this is different...Ap5s have also been having issues all over the internet.

When they run theyre awesome but lets not act like theres NO difference lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Damn. I like that setup.

What rail is that for the optic?
View Quote

It’s the MFI mount.

https://mfiap.com/c-304911-scope-mounts-hk-mp5-hk-94-or-any-hk-style-mp5-variant.html
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I got the K size because I wanted the most compact suppressed package. If you dgaf about suppressing it get the full size, they have more options available like the Magpul trigger housing and A3 stocks, plus they are easier to add a light to. Now if my form 1 will get approved l can get it finished and have some fun. I have several AR’s and this thing is way more fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I bought a full size and reverse stretch way back when. Ended up getting rid of the reverse stretch and kept the full size.

Recently picked up a K and really like it a lot. My vote went with the K model but there isnt really a wrong choice here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#21]
9mm is still a pistol caliber with pistol caliber ballistics, so the extra velocity of a longer barrel isn't enough of a difference to make a difference. Go K or go away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

WHAT??  
View Quote

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m just here for the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Since this has become a picture thread. Here is my SP5 with an Aimpoint T2 and Botach full cowitness mount.

Same setup except with the HK MLI rail:

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:09:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
But they don’t do anything great.

A std 16” 5.56mm AR15 is far superior.
Even a pistol AR15 is superior.

Anyone who would pass by an AR15 to grab a MP5 in an emergency situation is an idiot.
View Quote

I have a ton of experience with the MP5 platform. I'd wager that it's more than the majority of guys on this forum.

That said, I couldn't agree with you more. There is really no practical reason to go with the platform in this day and age. I laugh when I see others trying to convince themselves otherwise because they just spent a ton of money on one.

What it is good for is the nostalgic feel. They are a blast at the range while you're acting out your Die Hard fantasies. They are a nostalgic weapon that has gained a lot of popularity over the years through movies, video games, etc. This is why you should be buying one. If it's anything other than this, you'll eventually end up disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:12:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have a ton of experience with the MP5 platform. I'd wager that it's more than the majority of guys on this forum.

That said, I couldn't agree with you more. There is really no practical reason to go with the platform in this day and age. I laugh when I see others trying to convince themselves otherwise because they just spent a ton of money on one.

What it is good for is the nostalgic feel. They are a blast at the range while you're acting out your Die Hard fantasies. They are a nostalgic weapon that has gained a lot of popularity over the years through movies, video games, etc. This is why you should be buying one. If it's anything other than this, you'll eventually end up disappointed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But they don't do anything great.

A std 16" 5.56mm AR15 is far superior.
Even a pistol AR15 is superior.

Anyone who would pass by an AR15 to grab a MP5 in an emergency situation is an idiot.

HK53 then?

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I like the full size so I recently purchased a AP5. SB HKPDW brace, wide forend and a Magpul MS1 sling with HK snap hooks. I’ve been looking at Surefire forend light assembly but holy shit those are just about $600.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There is no option to get both so don't be silly.

View Quote

Normally, I find the "both" response annoying.  But there are exceptions and in this case, it is your rules that are silly.  The only question is "both" or "both twice over"?

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I actually miss the sound of the 16" barrel on my now SBR HK94. It had a distinct report with a crack. Would be fun to have a 16" host for the Fleming sear.
View Quote

The poor old Hk94 configurations are not much loved these days, but one of my earliest dream guns was one of 'em thanks to those HK ads the back cover of Soldier of Fortune back in the day.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Integrally suppressed MP5 is the ONLY answer.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top