Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So who is this person who started these lies?
Need to give his name to my lawyer or have him request fir the lawsuit against Him and Ar15.com
You try to destroy my life with lies and innuendo and you don't think I'm going to fight back you're just fucking crazy which most of you may be sitting in your underwear in the basement typing stupid shit against people you don't know anything about.
I'm sure Alex Jones one Infowars but the same thing that he would never be held accountable this is not freedom of speech this is defamation of character totally different animal.
View Quote

I think you have Ligma
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The guy who started the rumor is Joe

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Need to give his name to my lawyer or have him request fir the lawsuit against Him and Ar15.com
You try to destroy my life with lies and innuendo and you don't think I'm going to fight back you're just fucking crazy which most of you may be sitting in your underwear in the basement typing stupid shit against people you don't know anything about.
I'm sure Alex Jones one Infowars but the same thing that he would never be held accountable this is not freedom of speech this is defamation of character totally different animal.

Click To View Spoiler

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Guess I’ll ask you as well as a mod. Am I allowed to post the death threats he sent in a IM through the site? I don’t remember if that was a no go. @justsayin
View Quote

Yeah, that's not cool.  At all.  That said, whether or not such threats result in an account lock would not be at the top of my priority list if such threats were sent to me.  I'd be making phone calls.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

The amount of illiterate people that are firearm enthusiasts or in the firearm industry is staggering.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Holy lack of punctuation, Batman. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't have an attorney or haven't consulted one because the first thing they would tell you is absolutely don't post shit on the internet to make yourself look crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy lack of punctuation, Batman. I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't have an attorney or haven't consulted one because the first thing they would tell you is absolutely don't post shit on the internet to make yourself look crazy.

"muh lawyer" threats are so 1990.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The amount of illiterate people that are firearm enthusiasts or in the firearm industry is staggering.
View Quote

The ATF only targets low-IQ informants so it fits the bill.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's not cool.  At all.  That said, whether or not such threats result in an account lock would not be at the top of my priority list if such threats were sent to me.  I'd be making phone calls.
View Quote

Why isn't it cool?

Do people making death threats have some kind of reasonable expectation of privacy in their fucked up, unsolicited criminal communications against others?

Would you feel obligated not to record and publicized a death threat made against you over the phone?

eta: Given that he literally just started another thread asking for other members to DOX the OP with his real name/address, I don't think he should reasonably expect private messages he sends towards him to stay private.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Here comes the purge.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, fuck.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the cause of the inferiority complex that makes the snitches so good at spotting 922(r) infractions.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:45:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm just glad everyone had fun
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Same user name that he posts on Sturm with. It’s him.

@ark-and-spark
View Quote

Gotcha.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Why isn't it cool?

Do people making death threats have some kind of reasonable expectation of privacy in their fucked up, unsolicited criminal communications against others?

Would you feel obligated not to record and publicized a death threat made against you over the phone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why isn't it cool?

No, I meant the death threats aren't cool.  

I've never considered the rules about posting a PM, but it does seem reasonable that private means private... but no question, once they rise to that level, my concern about the sender's privacy is gone.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Wait, you mean there are folks on this site that AREN'T feds?

Learn something new every day...
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm just glad everyone had fun
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Glowie wants to sue for libel and then makes death threats? Post ‘em up. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This thread will be one of those threads that will be talked about in years to come!  A video from Mr GnG gets shared accusing someone of being an ATF informant only to have the accused enter the chat.  Epic!
View Quote

EXACTLY,
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:51:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ll help you out. It’s not cool to fuck with someone’s business and reputation.

I would cut the person who started these lies some slack tho he just got fired from his engineering job at Twitter . His name is Ligma Johnson, cousin of mine. Heck of a guy just going through a rough patch.His address should be pretty easy to find.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've never considered the rules about posting a PM, but it does seem reasonable that private means private... but no question, once they rise to that level, my concern about the sender's privacy is gone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why isn't it cool?

Quick glance at the CoC doesn't say anything specific about posting IM's, I know it's common in negative EE threads to post IM's. I guess if it doesn't contain personal info it may be ok?

*not a mod and not even pretending to be one, this is not legal advice and proceed at your own discretion
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#21]
[redacted]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Medicmandan is a glutton for punishment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why isn't it cool?

eta: Given that he literally just started another thread asking for other members to DOX the OP with his real name/address, I don't think he should reasonably expect private messages he sends towards him to stay private.
View Quote

Valid points.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 1:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

What was your time in prism like?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Valid points.
View Quote

I misread him and I think we agree.

In general, PMs should stay private... but context is everything.   Using the PM system to direct private attacks at someone is not a scenario I'd expect anyone to reasonably expect their communications to remain private.

Its a nuanced enough thing that I don't think there should be an outright explicit rule for it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#26]
man this thread got pretty fuckin cool all of a sudden.

I got nothing to contribute other than Fuck soup bitches and soup bitch snitches.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I got nothing to contribute other than Fuck soup bitches and soup bitch snitches.
View Quote

So cool that half the posts on page 7 are deleted already
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

He got trapped in a prism

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It gave him time to refract on the decisions he's made.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#30]
IB latest purge.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

pg 7 = #moderated

I don't think I've seen that but once or twice in my 15yrs here LMFAO
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s how he got on the spectrum

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like it was a light sentence.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It’s how he got on the spectrum

View Quote

Which one? I think he’s on a growing number of spectrums
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:17:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So I’m not up to speed on all the COC things.

Can I post the personal attacks the fedboi sent me in personal messages? Don’t know if we are allowed to screen shot death threats that were sent through IM.

Asking for a friend.
View Quote

From what I can tell, COC depends on whether what you post offends site staff. Doesn't seem to be any real consistency otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#37]
LoL
Post the private messages. There isn’t any high road to take in this situation.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listen to lots of Floyd
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

His name and address: [DELETED]

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#41]
In before the nuke?
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#42]
When I see that much [deleted] I know it's gonna be a good time
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope one of my posts gets deleted before this hot thread dies because I posted in it
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
[Deleted]
View Quote

Odd, I thought my question was pretty benign.  I guess it was his quote, which I don't seem to recall being significantly different than other sentiments he posted, but hey, whatever.

But either way, this entire thread is probably going to get nuked from orbit, so on that note...

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
In before the nuke?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

[DELETED]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[DELETED]

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

From what I can tell, COC depends on whether what you post offends site staff. Doesn't seem to be any real consistency otherwise.
View Quote

Lately, it seems almost like someone pumped the brakes on some of the worst troll/mods. Hopefully it continues.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diffuse
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

He was part of The Dementors.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top