Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
After reading the FR notice I agree with. KEL (comment 27).   The ATF is cunning by going after an disorganized sector. Unfortunately, AARP isn't going to rush to our defense AND comments are due before Midnight 12/7.  Where is GOA on this?  Is this a 2A issue or a restricting commerce issue?

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After reading the FR notice I agree with. KEL (comment 27).   The ATF is cunning by going after an disorganized sector. Unfortunately, AARP isn't going to rush to our defense AND comments are due before Midnight 12/7.  Where is GOA on this?  Is this a 2A issue or a restricting commerce issue?

View Quote

The FPC is pushing people to comment, and I guess they'll do the lawsuit when time comes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Specifically use...

Per IRS Tax Tip 2020-108, August 25, 2020....which defines the difference between a business and a hobby as: "whether they depend on income from the activity for their livelihood."

That's the killer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The IRS has already issued guidance on that, so comments should include the question of whether the ATF will be using the IRS's definitions for business versus hobby.  If the ATF is forced to use the IRS definition that clobbers the whole backdoor "no private sales" part of the rule.
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/earning-side-income-is-it-a-hobby-or-a-business

Specifically use...

Per IRS Tax Tip 2020-108, August 25, 2020....which defines the difference between a business and a hobby as: "whether they depend on income from the activity for their livelihood."

That's the killer.

Interesting.  I did a search through the comments submitted so far and only one, which was not a form letter, brought up the point that the ATF's definition of "in the business" conflicts with the IRS's definition of business versus hobby activity.
https://www.regulations.gov/comment/ATF-2023-0002-85427
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is cock suckers one word or two?
View Quote

Didn't you ever watch the Deadwood TV series?

One word.

Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I am considering SBRing a AR15, should I just buy a pistol braced model and get a free stamp?  I own a RR so I never really gave much thought about a AR15 SBR but if the stamp is free and I just need to do some paperwork I will do so.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am considering SBRing a AR15, should I just buy a pistol braced model and get a free stamp?  I own a RR so I never really gave much thought about a AR15 SBR but if the stamp is free and I just need to do some paperwork I will do so.
View Quote

The free stamp window closed months ago
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You have never watched any of his congressional testimony, have you?  Sorry, but your boss is an idiot
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This OP is seriously misstating the facts.

This proposed rulemaking was a statutory requirement of the BPSCA that was passed during COVID, and may I add, with remarkably bipartisan voting support. So, pester your senator or congress(wo)man if you're seriously pissed by that piece of legislation. This is not an autonomous move of the ATF at the behest of its director, who mind you is actually educated and qualified for the job this time.

You have never watched any of his congressional testimony, have you?  Sorry, but your boss is an idiot

Has he ever given a straight answer to a question during a congressional hearing?

All I've ever seen are lies and obfuscations.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top