Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:41:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm Ok with him getting the same treatment as the cats did.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nope, I'm just an observant person who recognizes patterns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been my observation that feral's stay put, where as dumped house cats tend to wander.

Like I said, it's easier for these types to just label every cat they see as a feral to justify to society their psychopathic actions.

You follow cats around?  Is this a hobby or a preoccupation of yours?  Do you use night vision to observe them at night?  Inquiring minds want to KNOW.  

Nope, I'm just an observant person who recognizes patterns.

Guess what. You're pattern is showing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:48:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Humans are the only ones who kill for fun.
View Quote

Bull shit. Dogs and cats kill shit while not eating it all the time to "practice".
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And this thread is yet another shining example of why I spend so little time here any more.  ARFcom has become the home of the pseudo tough guy, pompous blowhards, and the window lickers, all trying to be edgier than the previous post as they reveal their own mental health flaws, outing themselves as defective members of society yet too stupid to realize how they share more than a passing resemblance to the psychopath in the article...
View Quote

This place has gone downhill in recent years. I can't imagine referring someone to this site and having them see this thread.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This place has gone downhill in recent years. I can't imagine referring someone to this site and having them see this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And this thread is yet another shining example of why I spend so little time here any more.  ARFcom has become the home of the pseudo tough guy, pompous blowhards, and the window lickers, all trying to be edgier than the previous post as they reveal their own mental health flaws, outing themselves as defective members of society yet too stupid to realize how they share more than a passing resemblance to the psychopath in the article...

I am afraid, I have to agree. Too many real psychos recently show their true colors. I for one would not be surprised to wake up one day to see in the news that Ted Bundy 2.0 had an Arfcom account

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:55:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am afraid, I have to agree. Too many real psychos recently show their true colors. I for one would not be surprised to wake up one day to see in the news that Ted Bundy 2.0 had an Arfcom account

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironic y'all are quoting Darkstar with those thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:56:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is joke, Yes?  

If wild critters are regularly subjecting you to disease in your own home you have more issues than vermin.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say that most people agree with this statement, unless they're cat whisperers or hippies who believe that every animal has a right to go where they want, including in your home.

Question.

What do you think of someone whose household is so fucked up that wild animals regularly roam through it?

Serious question, it is however a tarp.

I grew up in an old farm house.  It was, probably, close to 100 years old when we moved in.  We didn't have air conditioning, so we would put windows screens in our windows, during summer, to get air circulating to cool the house down, along with window fans.  I had an outdoor cat that could jump up from our back deck on to the window sill, in our kitchen, and slide the screen over and would come in at night to sleep on the bed in our spare bedroom.  This happened a couple of times, until my parent figured out how he was getting in.

I've known people with nice, new houses, that have gotten birds, snakes, and other "critters" inside their house.  Racoons and squirrels are also very good at getting into attics.  Shit happens.  It isn't always a reflection on the structure or the people.

I think that animals, cats definitely included, can exploit entryways that people may not know or think about.  You don't have to live in a dilapidated house for animals to get inside.  I've also seen cats open screen doors MANY times.  

So, to answer your question, I don't necessarily judge people based on if a critter gets into their house.  I would expect most fair minded people to take this approach as well.

I can also tell you that, if an unknown animal gets in to my house, it's fair game.  I will, probably, try to get it out, if I can do so without endangering myself or my family/animals.  If not, oh well.  It also won't last long as a repeat offender.  If it endangers my family or animals, it will be destroyed by any means necessary.

Animals are animals.  They endanger your property and spread disease.  Cats are not immune to this.  

tl;dr: Shit happens and animals are good at getting in to place.  I don't judge others based on an intruding animals. They also pose a significant risk.  I will act accordingly if confronted with an animal in my house.

This is joke, Yes?  

If wild critters are regularly subjecting you to disease in your own home you have more issues than vermin.

And now I can't even leave my basement window open for fresh air without having to appease some 100+ cat having PETA benefactor by allowing his cats to shit in my basement?? When they're on my property and in my home???
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:59:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Case in point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing like a cat hate thread to bring out the functioning psychotics.

If shtf ever happens one way I will vet strangers is casually bringing up the topic of cats. This topic is like a moth to a flame for people with evil within them.

I don't use the word evil lightly .

Just tell them the part about "cats can see your soul."  If they are fucking looney enough to agree you better share your post apocalyptic utopian plans as a cat rancher.  

There really is someone for everyone, to the crazy cat ladies you are their magic mike.

Case in point.

You're serious.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And now I can't even leave my basement window open for fresh air without having to appease some 100+ cat having PETA benefactor by allowing his cats to shit in my basement?? When they're on my property and in my home???
View Quote

No, your house must be hermetically sealed with positive pressure doors or you live in a fucking shack with the wheels falling off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:08:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Perhaps the man might not be up on charges if he had maintained his home in such a way that the cats could not enter.  If cats can get in, who knows what other critters were invading his home?  If mice/rats, the cats might have been doing him an unintentional favor.

View Quote

Here in UT we sometimes prop a window open in the summer.......
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:08:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I am against torturing animals as a general rule....but do not have a problem with people killing animals that are in their home uninvited....
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:09:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I dunno about some alleged moral equivalency, but like I said before, if the guy has spent some time and effort taking care of his home, he might not be all jammed-up right now.
View Quote

Oops. Burnt the toast! Better open a window......
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it flew way over your head, right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:11:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread went places.

Feral cats are bad news. Dude spraying cats with bleach and killing them with a hockey stick is also bad news.
View Quote

Excellent summary.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dunno about some alleged moral equivalency, but like I said before, if the guy has spent some time and effort taking care of his home, he might not be all jammed-up right now.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:30:48 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2zxma10.jpg

I just gotsta know......please do explain.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:33:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So "nuisance" is the magic word for being morally justified in killing anything? So if a kid becomes a nuisance and runs through your yard. ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn it. How hard is it to keep the removal of nuisance animals to yourself? SS and shut the fuck up. Then you won't have to talk to the police about it.

So "nuisance" is the magic word for being morally justified in killing anything? So if a kid becomes a nuisance and runs through your yard. ...

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

see: strawman
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:34:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That says it all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I didn't say I was going to  start killing people, I said I like cats more than 99% of people I have met. Cats are better.

That says it all.

That says what all? Please, enlighten me with your reading comprehension failure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Interesting how the news article mentioned nothing about feral cats being killed.
Maybe the asshole lured the cats into his basement so he could get his sadistic rocks off by blinding them and then beating them to death with a hockey stick.

He's a sick fuck.
View Quote

Agreed.  
But,  the folks on here equating the value of human life to that of a cat,  and saying   the perp should suffer the same fate are even worse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That says what all? Please, enlighten me with your reading comprehension failure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I didn't say I was going to  start killing people, I said I like cats more than 99% of people I have met. Cats are better.

That says it all.

Sorry, I went to sleep.

Your feelings about cats versus humans says it all. It allows us a glimpse at your mental state. Says everything a normal person needs to know to make an informed decision about your ability to be rational and make decisions.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Just wanted to pop back in  This thread has shown great potential and I think we are starting to work out our differences
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread is disturbing
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed.  
But,  the folks on here equating the value of human life to that of a cat,  and saying   the perp should suffer the same fate are even worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting how the news article mentioned nothing about feral cats being killed.
Maybe the asshole lured the cats into his basement so he could get his sadistic rocks off by blinding them and then beating them to death with a hockey stick.

He's a sick fuck.

Agreed.  

I don't think the are saying the cat is equal value to human life. I believe they are saying the cat's life is worth more than the person listed in the article. That guy totally comes off as fsa so at-least the cat is willing to contribute to society .
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#25]
This past July, my family moved several hundred miles from a very rural area where we lived on some acreage to the suburbs of a decently sized city so I could go back to school.  Knowing we were going to be moving into a more urban area, we started down sizing our pet population.  We had horses, dogs, ducks, chickens, guinea pigs, fish, a cat, and probably more that I am thinking about.  The ONLY pet we kept was our ten year old cat that we took in who had been a stay.

After moving, we noticed a tabby that wandered the neighborhood day and night, but did not seem to belong to anyone.  In asking several neighbors about it, we were told the cat was a stray who had belonged to a family that moved out several years ago and had gone feral.

Within a month and a half, twice I was woken up to hear this cat and my cat fighting in my living room.  The feral cat was coming into my house through the cat door my cat used at 0200 to try to eat my cats food and my cat was not having it.  Additionally, my cat and this cat got into several fights in my back yard where this cat felt entitled to go.

Two of these fights resulted in my cat going to the vet and almost a thousand dollars in vet bills.

One night, I was awake at 0200 or so working on my laptop in the living room with the lights out so I would not disturb my family when this feral cat came into the house and helped itself to my cats food.  I was able to capture the cat, take it outside, and put a suppressed .22lr round into its skull to prevent it from hurting my cat again.

If anyone thinks any of that makes me a "cat hater", a "psychopath", that I should not have a cat door for my cat to go in and out, or thinks someone should do the same to me, then I am not really sure what to say.  Some of you need to get a grip on yourselves.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks to be the other way around.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:21:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love my cat

But I wonder how many people would be outraged if you changed cat to rat or roach.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have no issue with it.  Had it been a feral yute, half of Arfcom would be cheerin right now.

I routinely shoot feral cats that come up in my yard or the woods around my yard with thermal vision and suppressed 300 blackout.

If I caught one in my house, I'd beat it to death with something rather than shoot my house up.  Now, a feral yute, I'd blaze away.

YMMV.
View Quote

You are so edgy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Some SERIOUS douchebaggery all up in here.

Just another Arf cat-hate thread to bring the winners out of their basements.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I love my cat

But I wonder how many people would be outraged if you changed cat to rat or roach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my cat

Was the rat or roach someone's beloved pet?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my cat

People have pet rats. I have killed many rats. If one of them was a pet, I don't give a fuck because I didn't go into their house or on their property and kill the rat. Same goes for cats and dogs and birds and snakes...if it's a problem for me on my property, I'm solving it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sorry, I went to sleep.

Your feelings about cats versus humans says it all. It allows us a glimpse at your mental state. Says everything a normal person needs to know to make an informed decision about your ability to be rational and make decisions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That says it all.

Sorry, I went to sleep.

My mental state is just fine, as is my decision making skill are as well. So it is your contention that because I am sick and fucking tired of the FSA, the liberals, the socialists who think everyone should be equal no matter how much or little they contribute, the growing victim mentality and everyone being a special snowflake, I must be mentally fucked for preferring my cats who share none of those traits?

Actully, you are the one who needs to step back and examine your metal state if you think the dregs of humanity are better then cats. You keep standing up for Sanders, Clinton, Cho, Lanza, Fisenstein Obama, myself, yourself and the rest of the fucked up human race.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#33]
His basement, his rules.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My mental state is just fine, as is my decision making skill are as well. So it is your contention that because I am sick and fucking tired of the FSA, the liberals, the socialists who think everyone should be equal no matter how much or little they contribute, the growing victim mentality and everyone being a special snowflake, I must be mentally fucked for preferring my cats who share none of those traits?

Actully, you are the one who needs to step back and examine your metal state if you think the dregs of humanity are better then cats. You keep standing up for Sanders, Clinton, Cho, Lanza, Fisenstein Obama, myself, yourself and the rest of the fucked up human race.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That says it all.

Sorry, I went to sleep.

Keep going...you're definitely helping.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That says it all.

Sorry, I went to sleep.

EL OH EL
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you read the post a little above by stefbo you will see how a typical feral cat behaves.  Not exactly the paradigm of non-FSA and non-socialist you portray in your post.  
View Quote

More importantly, people shouldn't give animals human traits and behaviors. It's a sign of an inability to adjust to normal society. Animals are animals and people are people.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

More importantly, people shouldn't give animals human traits and behaviors. It's a sign of an inability to adjust to normal society. Animals are animals and people are people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you read the post a little above by stefbo you will see how a typical feral cat behaves.  Not exactly the paradigm of non-FSA and non-socialist you portray in your post.  

But all fuzzy animals just want to be hugged, right? Bears love that, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where have I applied to them human traits? Oh yeah, I haven't, you just fail at reading. All I ever said was that cats, being cats, are better to have around then people being people.

I agree, animals are animal and people are people, I just happen to not like most people. Maybe that's because of the work I do and have done and the people it forces me to interact with, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Poor kitties.

My herd is currently populated by seven rescues. I also feed a couple of strays at work. I love cats. But one of our work kitties has been fighting a feral. While I love cats, that doesn't mean I won't take care of the offending feral if he comes around while I'm there.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Where have I applied to them human traits? Oh yeah, I haven't, you just fail at reading. All I ever said was that cats, being cats, are better to have around then people being people.

I agree, animals are animal and people are people, I just happen to not like most people. Maybe that's because of the work I do and have done and the people it forces me to interact with, but it is what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Okay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay

Just admit you got nothing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Poor kitties.

My herd is currently populated by seven rescues. I also feed a couple of strays at work. I love cats. But one of our work kitties has been fighting a feral. While I love cats, that doesn't mean I won't take care of the offending feral if he comes around while I'm there.
View Quote

Yeah, something makes me doubt that you'd lure the feral cat into your basement, then torture it to death--or better yet lure someone's pet then make an argument of "dagnabbit, it was ferul."
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't be more wrong people are animals! ... I don't understand why you don't realize that those traits and behaviors you speak of are not specific to humans. Go take a couple psychology classes and actually learn something!
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Closet psychopath.

I appreciate it when people out themselves to me about their blanket  hatred for cats, it's one of my key indicators you're not one to be trusted.

Note I said "hatred" not ""dislike".

Unlike a dog  (I love dogs) a cat is a naturally distrusting animal. You have to earn a cats trust, before they will open up to you.

A cat can see straight into the soul of an inherently evil person.

If you are a fucked up individual a cat will see you for who you really are and will have nothing to do with you, hence why they hate cats.

This is my theory anyway.

View Quote

That's nice, dear.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Nothing wrong with killing strays or nuisance cats, but you can do it quickly, as painlessly as possible without being a crazy whack job and hurting or terrorizing them.

I mostly hate cats, and while I've killed some that were causing problems,  I never want them to even know they're dead. Had to be as fast and painless as can be.

This guy sounds like a nut job though
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Word though the off the news reel grapevine us guy was definitely luring cats in to do this. I know Officer Luffey to be a squared away individual. But let's celebrate this guy. Screen name?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay

I got nothing. Enjoy your cats.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:36:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know anything about Darkstar and don't recall seeing him post in the past. While I wouldn't go so far as to agree with Abakan's "Ted Bundy" comment, I still feel that this thread is an embarrassment to this site.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top