BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow
It sucks about his dog, but imagine having a video of yourself standing with your foot on the neck of the cougar you just killed with a machete
View Quote

That is literally where you throw your head back and do the Tarzan yell. Exactly like that with your foot on the carcass.

That is exactly how it would go down in the books except Tarzan would stab them multiple times like that. lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm torn on this one.

Cougar doing cougar things and this guy had his dog off a leash and not close to him.

However, the dog is his property and the cougar attacked it.

The whole thing is an unhappy situation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had something like this a few days before Christmas in 2017 except with a smaller wildcat, I was the target and not a dog, and I had a tomahawk, not a machete.

https://i.imgur.com/VHGxjcE.jpg

(A lot of the red stuff is also mine)

That was a very strange day, and the $13,000 hospital bill made me very thankful for insurance.

The tomahawk worked, but if I could go back I'd have had a gun on me 11 times out of 10. I spiked the fucking cat through the skull four times including burying it in its eye clear up to the shaft and the fucking thing just yelled at me and kept attacking like it was the fucking exorcist and didn't need a brain to keep fighting. Flipped it around and swung with every ounce of strength I had with the axe blade to its forehead over and over while it was literally trying to take my left hand off and was clawing my forearm. Tenth blow it suddenly went into slow motion, eleventh blow cracked its skull open and dumped blood all over the place and the fight was over. I had a one-handed Christmas that year (thankfully everything healed up back to 100%).

Got the rabies vaccine just in case, but the tests came back negative. Goddamn cat was just a savage monster.
View Quote

@Frost7

I hope you sent this story to RMJTac
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Camera guy couldn’t have shouted a warning?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe not a 2000 pounder but pretty impressive nonetheless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_I61ThtVG8
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That had to be the dullest machete ever.  I saw a video a few years back from Nepal where a dude beheaded a 2,000 lb bull with a khukri with a single swing.

Things that never happened for a $1000.

Full of shit...

Nope. They make ceremonial HUGE kukris specifically for the purpose of beheading cattle. These aren't your usual 12" - 15" bladed kukris. They're basically kukri shaped swords.

Yup.

Other guy probably assumed that kukris only come with 12" - 15" blades. I've seen ceremonial kukris that were even bigger than that one. I don't doubt they could behead a 2000lb bull in the right hands.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:19:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure he did his own dog in while swinging, but can't blame him for trying.  That pup was gone if he didn't at least try.  If your dog is going to be out in the wild, it either needs to protect itself or you have to accept these things happen.  I'd have let my dog handle that little cat, but different breed and all.  Sad all around.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Frost7

Was it a bobcat?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@Frost7

Was it a bobcat?

I think it might have been. Not very familiar with cats and I was too busy tending my wounds afterwards to inspect it. Didn't get a great look before it attacked because I didn't see it coming and it jumped me, and afterwards it was a bloody cleaved mess and was gone by the time I got discharged from the hospital. I just know it was large (but not full-grown mountain lion large), black, and strong as fuck.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I had something like this a few days before Christmas in 2017 except with a smaller wildcat, I was the target and not a dog, and I had a tomahawk, not a machete.

That was a very strange day, and the $13,000 hospital bill made me very thankful for insurance.

The tomahawk worked, but if I could go back I'd have had a gun on me 11 times out of 10. I spiked the fucking cat through the skull four times including burying it in its eye clear up to the shaft and the fucking thing just yelled at me and kept attacking like it was the fucking exorcist and didn't need a brain to keep fighting. Flipped it around and swung with every ounce of strength I had with the axe blade to its forehead over and over while it was literally trying to take my left hand off and was clawing my forearm. Tenth blow it suddenly went into slow motion, eleventh blow cracked its skull open and dumped blood all over the place and the fight was over. I had a one-handed Christmas that year (thankfully everything healed up back to 100%).

Got the rabies vaccine just in case, but the tests came back negative. Goddamn cat was just a savage monster.

@Frost7

I hope you sent this story to RMJTac

I did, and they took the tomahawk (a full size Shrike) back to put a new edge on it and reshape the tip of the spike for me for free. Spike was blunted and there were a couple small chips out of the edge from impacting brick and concrete with missed swings.

Sent it back with a note "Watch out for those cats!!"
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like to see the scar carnage from that one.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Too bad about the dog not making it.
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Should have stabbed that motherfucker
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn sad to see the puppers didn’t make it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Another reason to be armed.  Good kill.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure he did his own dog in while swinging, but can't blame him for trying.  That pup was gone if he didn't at least try.  If your dog is going to be out in the wild, it either needs to protect itself or you have to accept these things happen.  I'd have let my dog handle that little cat, but different breed and all.  Sad all around.
View Quote

Yeah, it looked like at least one of the swings caught the dog when the mountain lion rolled.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Poor dog.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cougars belong in the wild woods, domesticated dogs do not. One thing I like about the national parks is nobody can bring their dogs on the trail.

I don't hate dogs, but I value the wildlife more than the need for a canine companion in the woods. Unless you're mushing. Then you're just badass.
View Quote

Wut?

Keatonjerkingoff.gif

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Good save! This is why you always carry, always! Could have gone very differently!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Poor dog.
View Quote

I have to say.
.38 special ain't all that special. I've shot an alligator between the eyes and the round  was left on top of the skull. This was a very small alligator.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#21]
My 1970s Jap machete is razor sharp and would have sliced right through that cat like butter.
ETA- of course my Glock would have blown holes in its face also

Poor pup
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#22]
The cougar is getting hacked and yet it still held its grip on the dog.

Reminds of the Snow Leopard vid where it attacked a sheep/ram and went off a cliff and went tumbling down the mountain and never let go until the end.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m betting that guy really wished he was carrying a pistol and could have smoked that cat a lot quicker than hacking on it for 20 seconds.

Dude is a badass though and did what he could to save his dog.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 8:40:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think it might have been. Not very familiar with cats and I was too busy tending my wounds afterwards to inspect it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a bobcat?
I think it might have been. Not very familiar with cats and I was too busy tending my wounds afterwards to inspect it.

I couple crappy old pics of a Bobcat I shot;

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Cougars belong in the wild woods, domesticated dogs do not. One thing I like about the national parks is nobody can bring their dogs on the trail.

I don't hate dogs, but I value the wildlife more than the need for a canine companion in the woods. Unless you're mushing. Then you're just badass.
View Quote
Sooooo...... you're defending the cat?

Good hack.  If this thing hadn't attacked this guy's dog, it would have ended up attacking a person, possibly even a child.  In either case the outcome could have been worse.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dude in truck should have grabbed a tire iron and helped beat that dog biting cunt of
a cat instead of vertical filming like a little girl moron
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hard to tell - you can see him pause a couple of times while they were rolling around, appearing to be trying to miss his pup.  I watched it a couple times but the shitty vertical video made it hard to tell what was going on.  Hopefully he didn't, it would suck for him to have that weight on him in addition to losing his dog.  As noted though, the dog was done if he did nothing as well, so not a good situation to be in.  The same could have happened had he had a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Other dog let his bro down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#29]
This is the reason why I will never go into the wilderness without a firearm. And I tell my brother every time he does and doesn't go armed he's an idiot for doing it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yup.

Other guy probably assumed that kukris only come with 12" - 15" blades. I've seen ceremonial kukris that were even bigger than that one. I don't doubt they could behead a 2000lb bull in the right hands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That had to be the dullest machete ever.  I saw a video a few years back from Nepal where a dude beheaded a 2,000 lb bull with a khukri with a single swing.

Things that never happened for a $1000.

Full of shit...

Nope. They make ceremonial HUGE kukris specifically for the purpose of beheading cattle. These aren't your usual 12" - 15" bladed kukris. They're basically kukri shaped swords.

Yup.

This one of mine has a 19” blade, 5/8” thick and weighs 72 oz.

" />
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Fuck that cat!

There is hardly a more heart wrenching sound than a dog writhing in pain. Poor doggie.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Dude in truck should have grabbed a tire iron and helped beat that dog biting cunt of
a cat instead of filming like a little girl
View Quote

Actually, he should have aimed the truck at the the cat and floored while honking the horn. Either action would have scared it away.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Cool video, Dude did what needed to be done

There’s still more dogs and more wild cats out there
Itll be ok
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Nice hack. Dude in the truck sounds like the type that would try to hand feed the cougar.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Yikes. Shame the dog didn't make it, but pretty badass taking a blade to an apex hunter in its environment.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And I was criticized because coming home from work one night there was one crouched near my driveway and I unloaded the cylinder of a Colt Police Positive .38 into it...
View Quote

Dog, cougar, or a man with a machete?

Because for one of those, you could have been overreacting.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Agreed. I've tried several times, and it won't load at all. Somebody give me a Youtube link, or Starlink or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
jfc vidmax is aids someone post a link to another site
Agreed. I've tried several times, and it won't load at all. Somebody give me a Youtube link, or Starlink or something.

@tyman

I found it!

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Wut?

Keatonjerkingoff.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?

Keatonjerkingoff.gif

In Mt. Rainier National park dogs aren't allowed on the trails. Official website

Eta: And some of you guys are really scared of the woods. I've had a g20 along before but last time out we opted to save weight instead. Saw two bears, one pretty close, but had no ragerts. People are more dangerous to people than animals, and there aren't many of them up in the mountains.(*I don't live in Grizzly country.)
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
jfc vidmax is aids someone post a link to another site

@tyman

I found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6lYT0vILfo

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#42]
tough hombre
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn... Dude came running and didn't fuck around. Damn shame his dog didn't make it. Guy did all he could
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I think we can all agree that was not Justin(e) Trudeau.

Sad about the pup.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Jesus....that thing didn't let go until the guy hacked half way through it!!!  Would not want to tangle with one of those things!

Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL! you cant be serious, right?
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm torn on this one.

Cougar doing cougar things and this guy had his dog off a leash and not close to him.

However, the dog is his property and the cougar attacked it.

The whole thing is an unhappy situation.
View Quote

What kind of edgelord bullshit is this?

You’re right. It would have been a lot better for the dog if it was tied off to a tree in the exact same spot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Bear attack today 3 miles from me. 45yr old male.
North Fork , Cody Wy

No more details yet.

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In Mt. Rainier National park dogs aren't allowed on the trails. Official website

Eta: And some of you guys are really scared of the woods. I've had a g20 along before but last time out we opted to save weight instead. Saw two bears, one pretty close, but had no ragerts. People are more dangerous to people than animals, and there aren't many of them up in the mountains.(*I don't live in Grizzly country.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?

Keatonjerkingoff.gif

There's a video in this thread proving why carrying in the woods is a good idea, and yet you shit on the idea.

You're special.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jesus....that thing didn't let go until the guy hacked half way through it!!!  Would not want to tangle with one of those things!

View Quote

That cougar took a shit ton of abuse before it gave in.  

Kinda wonder if it would of been better to run the machete straight through it?  I have no idea ive never had to hack a  pissed off big cat to death before.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top