Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They remove the photo because they assume the promotion boards are racist and making recommendations based on race.

They prove non white candidates are objectively less qualified...
View Quote

But at least now they are being somewhat honest that they are practicing affirmative discrimination.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
LOL

Marine Brig. Gen. A.T. Williamson, director of Marine Corps manpower plans and policy division, echoed Nowell's comments, noting that removing photos may have disadvantaged the board's ability to promote diversity in the top ranks.

The Corps eliminated required photographs from the promotion process in September 2020 and in June extended that policy to most tattoo photos, which the Corps has required since 2015.

Williamson said the Corps is continuing to collect data from the most recent board season, but early indicators show that eliminating the photograph requirement has decreased diversity in the promotion system.
View Quote

View Quote

The Army discovered the same problem a couple years ago.

"Let's get rid of photos so candidates for promotion are judged on their merits not their skin color."

Results do not go as expected.

"Oops!  We're re-instituting photos in all promotion packets."
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"It's a meritocracy, we're only going to pick the best of the best, but we're very clear with our language ...that we want them to consider diversity across all areas. Right?" Nowell said. "And therefore ... I think having a clear picture on this just makes it easier. So actually our data show that it would support adding photos back in."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50674/crazy_pills_jpg-2040235.JPG
View Quote
Now that's a statement that absolutely does not agree with itself.

How do some of these people with stars say stuff like this while keeping a straight face and not laughing?
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Promotions based on merit, LOL.
View Quote

Promotions are statutory, controlled by Congress and have legal precepts issued..  similar to Shall Issue CCW.  If a candidate doesn't meet any disqualifiers, they're promoted.

Screen boards, like for command are non-statutory.  That's where the good Ole boys bnetwork and nepotism come into play.

And not so coincidentally, the higher level promotion boards require a candidate to have been successful in the non statutory boards.
So you aren't making O6 without screening for O5 Command (a non statutory board).
So you can get to a certain level fairly readily.  For Officers it's O5.  The senior leadership positions are a big club, and most aren't in it.

The Flag positions are even worse, the existing Flag Officers vote in the new members. No objectivity whatsoever.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I called this when the army did it - Removes the feels from board members when they don't have subconcious opinion biased by the photo.  So it gets closer to a meritocracy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#6]
The next downside is that well qualified and capable leaders will be assumed to have been promoted based on the minority quota position instead and being a good leader. Troops will assume they are less qualified as a result. Troops see through the bullshit and can figure out if you can lead or command respect. Quotas hurt morale.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They remove the photo because they assume the promotion boards are racist and making recommendations based on race.

View Quote

Ooops.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The United States Woke Corps.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"It's a meritocracy, we're only going to pick the best of the best, but we're very clear with our language ...that we want them to consider diversity across all areas. Right?" Nowell said. "And therefore ... I think having a clear picture on this just makes it easier. So actually our data show that it would support adding photos back in."

View Quote
Mental illness has pervaded our culture at all levels.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How the fuck can red and blue both be true
View Quote

I guess they use Boolean logic gates for their conclusions?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I think we can all see the correct response.  No pictures for non-POC candidates, that way selection boards won't know the white ones are white, but they can still achieve their diversity goals.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Back in the 90’s, the book “Lost Rights” covered a case involving a symphony orchestra that got in trouble with the feds for not being diverse enough.
They tried to explain that they held blind auditions - judges knew nothing about candidates. Not race, not gender, not age. Nothing.
People auditioning played behind an acoustical transparent curtain, so that they were judged solely on ability.
The feds didn’t want to hear it. The orchestra was forced to hire a bunch of blacks, based on nothing but their race.
I’m sure that made things rather harmonious down in the  pit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Similar to standardized testing in college. They were originally instituted to take the social/"good old boys club" component out of college admissions, now they're racist because Asians and Jews dominate.
View Quote

It couldn’t be that they actually are more focused, study harder, and culturally value education, or could it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:46:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well did THAT go the way you expected????

It warms the cockles of my cold black heart to know that all they did was prove that “diversity” quotas are just another form of racism
View Quote

Yea, but they aren’t going to learn anything from this.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Photos, so they can identify and promote more minorities.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there's something NOBODY saw coming (Sarcasm). So what's next on the wheel of good ideas?

Photos, so they can identify and promote more minorities.

So they are going to assume a person’s racial identity by their appearance. Seems racist.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm both laughing and crying.  I never did boards because all I got to was lowly Sergeant, but from what I remember the board photos were to weed out the fat bodies. Though I guess fatness and minority sometimes aligns.

Clown world reasoning by that manpower douche

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It couldn’t be that they actually are more focused, study harder, and culturally value education, or could it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Similar to standardized testing in college. They were originally instituted to take the social/"good old boys club" component out of college admissions, now they're racist because Asians and Jews dominate.

Nope, it is wwwwwhhite supremacy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

“Oh fuck, we didn’t mean to do it by merit.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol...yep.  non whites weren't getting promoted based on merit so we have to go back to pics to figure out who to promote.  merit and fitreps be damned....
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I want to laugh but am unable.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#22]
It's so funny when the narrative falls apart.

As a side note, I have personally observed black men being much harder on other black men when it comes to such things than white men are to black men.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 9:52:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Were they not able to discern race from the names in quite a few cases?
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:05:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Promotions are statutory, controlled by Congress and have legal precepts issued..  similar to Shall Issue CCW.  If a candidate doesn't meet any disqualifiers, they're promoted.

Screen boards, like for command are non-statutory.  That's where the good Ole boys bnetwork and nepotism come into play.

And not so coincidentally, the higher level promotion boards require a candidate to have been successful in the non statutory boards.
So you aren't making O6 without screening for O5 Command (a non statutory board).
So you can get to a certain level fairly readily.  For Officers it's O5.  The senior leadership positions are a big club, and most aren't in it.

The Flag positions are even worse, the existing Flag Officers vote in the new members. No objectivity whatsoever.
View Quote

I have sat on USMC promotion boards previously. Although they are statutory boards, they are also precepts by the commandant, and those precept always contain the language “select the most qualified,” so you can meet all the requirements and still not get selected.  It’s also not unusual that the 05 and 06 boards do not select to the maximum number that can be selected

If you look at things like the O4-O6 boards, there is always a precept for PME, it’s precept that held to for boards except for O6, it’s not enforced because of the shortage of top level school seats what is instead is the unofficial rule that if you served a successful  tour as a Battalion or squadron commander you can be selected. So you see the weird result were people are PME complete but not having served as a commanded so they aren’t selected and people who are not PME  complete but are selected because they previously commanded, which is in direct contradiction to the precept.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does this mean Marines will get spray tans before official photos are taken now?
View Quote

"Why do we have so many applications from Al Jolson?"
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2+2=RACISM these days ya big silly.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Great...now more fatties will be promoted.  WTF.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm both laughing and crying.  I never did boards because all I got to was lowly Sergeant, but from what I remember the board photos were to weed out the fat bodies. Though I guess fatness and minority sometimes aligns.

Clown world reasoning by that manpower douche

View Quote

Weeding out Fattys is basically why the photos are there, Because what you normally hear at the opening of the brief is the officer looks good in uniform or the officer looks horrible.

The problem is we cannot trust commanders to properly certify the height and weight of the Marines so we have to back it up with a photo. However it also comes down to who is writing on that Marine.  On one board I was on the captain was certainly overweight however the commanding who certified had recently been picked for one star. And the president of the board said if the  BG says that he is within a weight standards than he is within weight standards despite what the photo appeared to show him as.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#29]
So, I guess when a Soldiers records stand on their own, with no photo, those that have less than stellar performances won't get selected. In other words, they are being promoted because of their skin color.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does this mean Marines will get spray tans before official photos are taken now?
View Quote

Nope - simply a liberal application of dark-colored camo face paint will do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Were they not able to discern race from the names in quite a few cases?
View Quote

Substitute Teacher - Key & Peele
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
*laughs in DD-214*
View Quote

Laughs in blue ID card
2015 member
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LOL

Marine Brig. Gen. A.T. Williamson, director of Marine Corps manpower plans and policy division, echoed Nowell's comments, noting that removing photos may have disadvantaged the board's ability to promote diversity in the top ranks.

The Corps eliminated required photographs from the promotion process in September 2020 and in June extended that policy to most tattoo photos, which the Corps has required since 2015.

Williamson said the Corps is continuing to collect data from the most recent board season, but early indicators show that eliminating the photograph requirement has decreased diversity in the promotion system.
View Quote

View Quote
So the military is saying that POC can't get promotions because they aren't as good as white people? More overt racism from the left.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also change your name from Chad to Chadrayvion so they can't use that to guess what race or sex you are.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:40:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Just fire every straight white male in the military and replace us all with the diversity people. I’m done with this bullshit.

What goes unsaid is no matter what any of us have sacrificed, we are too white. Oh well, I look forward to an army of black trannys fighting the Chinese.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Weeding out Fattys is basically why the photos are there, Because what you normally hear at the opening of the brief is the officer looks good in uniform or the officer looks horrible.

The problem is we cannot trust commanders to properly certify the height and weight of the Marines so we have to back it up with a photo. However it also comes down to who is writing on that Marine.  On one board I was on the captain was certainly overweight however the commanding who certified had recently been picked for one star. And the president of the board said if the  BG says that he is within a weight standards than he is within weight standards despite what the photo appeared to show him as.
View Quote

that happened in the Army, my favorite stories were:
1.  DA Photo taken from above while officer is lying on his back, to look slimmer.
2.  OERS in which the officer magically grows 2-3 inches over 10 years to stay just within the height/weight limit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote

View Quote

Irony is the Gen was hand selected for O6 command by CMC for that very reason.  

The newest we need diversity play that is going on is sending female O5s to top level school in disproportionately high numbers and not through the traditional route of skating mid O5 command.  That way they meet CMC’s standing precept for PME complete for O6

*slating, not skating
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Irony is the Gen was hand selected for O6 command by CMC for that very reason.  

The newest we need diversity play that is going on is sending female O5s to top level school in disproportionately high numbers and not through the traditional route of skating mid O5 command.  That way they meet CMC’s standing precept for PME complete for O6
View Quote

Sounds like a winning strategy
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:49:53 AM EDT
[#40]
I bet they'll switch to including points for civic associations and the Prince Hall Masons and Alpha Kappa Alpha members will be right back on top of the pile again.

Asian Pacific Islanders Heritage Association and Knights of Columbus won't be worth any points.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cognitive dissonance: used to describe the mental discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs, values, or attitudes, and believing both to be true and valid.

It's at the core of almost all liberal thinking, and one of the primary causes of their irrational behaviors. It causes dangerous cracks.

"Muslims are right about women"
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Must suck to have to explain this with a straight face.  A conundrum for sure.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Lol they thought the mil was being racist but they weren't.

THIS IS MY SHOCKED FACE
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Someone PLEASE make it stop!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I look forward to an army of black trannys fighting the Chinese.
View Quote

That has potential for an amazing cult classic B movie.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So give each candidate a number. No name no photo, only quals.  

Easy.  May the best man win.
View Quote

Sounds simple.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Promotions based on merit, LOL.

Good breakdown of the system; O4 to O5 in most services is last truly "group competitive" promotion.  Anything beyond O-6 (sometimes O-7 in wartime) is mostly based on inter- and intra-service politics, as the pool of candidates shrinks significantly after O-5 and the positions available shrinks massively at both the O-6 and O-7 levels.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Diversity = Deliberate skewing of results
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top