Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do you have anything useful to say? Is all you can come up with some petty grade-school level personal attacks? You could have tried something like presenting actual evidence to counter my position, or addressing my points with reasoned/well thought out responses exrpressing your opinion of the matter but instead you chose to act like a petulant child.

I'm perfectly willing to have a rational discussion about this, but you just seem butt-hurt that I don't believe in laissez faire capitalism. 
View Quote

Well thought grownup opinion, research and life cost monies.  You sucked the wrong dick.  

Simple enough jack?

Because you're tarded with a vocabulary.   Bob spends money on joe to produce a product.   Joe makes a product.   You Want joe to give that product for a reduced price.  Because feels and shit.  Neither bob nor joe now have monies for more product now.  People die because of your liberal feels.  

I suspect that you feel that you deserve said product regardless of your contributions to it.  You don't deserve the fruits of others labor without compensation that they deem fair.

ETA:   If you don't like something don't buy it.  It's pretty fucking simple.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sorry, but that doesn't address the real problem or present a decent answer.

The problem here is the FDA and our fucked up drug laws.  There's no patent that keeping other manufacturers from making it, its getting the FDA license. Theres plenty of other companies that already make this stuff for far cheaper in other countries, but our government puts miles of red tape in front of them before they can get a license for that particular drug, set up shop, and make it here.  Heck, GSK and all those other companies already make daraprim overseas; they could import it for less...or we should be able to buy it legally from overseas.  But of course, that would threaten the higher margins US pharmas can charge domestically.  Hooray for regulatory capture.  And rising healthcare costs.
View Quote

The big one. Regulatory monopoly.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No shit. 

Nowhere did I say pricing regulation is the only answer to the problem of our out of control drug prices, but I should have made my position a bit more clear.

Look, all that other stuff is nice, but changing our shit laws around drugs in this country has proved nigh impossible. My position is that IF we can get some bills with reasonable regulations and drug certification processes made to replace our current system with something not so horrible I'm more than happy to see such a legislative measure pass. Until then however the only other solution I see is pricing regulation. 

Though in the case of Daraprim the problem of ridiculous price gouging was solved by Imprimis' replacement drug, but thats not going to happen everytime a pharmaceutical company tries that shit. Thats why we need safegaurds (i.e. pricing regulations) against that kind of BS until our system is fixed, if ever. 

As a bit of an aside for anyone interested, I found in interesting article that covers some finer points of this subject. Not agreeing or disagreeing (yet) with its contents, but I think its worth a read for anyone wanting to learn more the issue of drug pricing. Link to article.
View Quote

Price controls are NEVER an answer. Price controls create shortages and destroy innovation. Complete bull shit answer, create a business environment where competition thrives to bring down prices.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well thought grownup opinion, research and life cost monies.  You sucked the wrong dick.  

Simple enough jack?

Because you're tarded with a vocabulary.   Bob spends money on joe to produce a product.   Joe makes a product.   You Want joe to give that product for a reduced price.  Because feels and shit.  Neither bob nor joe now have monies for more product now.  People die because of your liberal feels.  

I suspect that you feel that you deserve said product regardless of your contributions to it.  You don't deserve the fruits of others labor without compensation that they deem fair.

ETA:   If you don't like something don't buy it.  It's pretty fucking simple.
View Quote

I remember when I first read Ayn Rand too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:28:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you have anything useful to say? Is all you can come up with some petty grade-school level personal attacks? You could have tried something like presenting actual evidence to counter my position, or addressing my points with reasoned/well thought out responses exrpressing your opinion of the matter but instead you chose to act like a petulant child.

I'm perfectly willing to have a rational discussion about this, but you just seem butt-hurt that I don't believe in laissez faire capitalism. 
View Quote

He sounds more like someone who is tired of paying for free shit for someone else to me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I remember when I first read Ayn Rand too.
View Quote

Neat.  Is she coming?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
People like him (of which there are many) will not realize the true consequences of their greed and narcissism until they are judged by God. By then it will be too late to apologize and beg for forgiveness.

Hell isn't only full of rapists and murderers.
View Quote

Your retirement portfolio is called in question.
How dare you want to retire, when starving Africans have to fight Lions for Ebola infected Bats, to feed their fly infested children!

Life saving drugs exist, because of their profit potential, and are funded by complete assholes that will burn in hell.
Damn those assholes that risk their family's future on such ventures!

Get a fucking grip!

Hell is full of entitled assholes, that are quick to judge out of abject ignorance.
Wake up, or burn. It ain't like Shkrelli beat you to the investment as charity.

Greed is relative.
How much did you invest to offset patient costs?

The guy is despicable. Agreed. I don't like the smirking jackass either.
He is taking advantage of the system WE have created, for his own future.

The solution is a mirror, and a while lot less self righteousness.
WE made the matter he is taking advantage of.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He sounds more like someone who is tired of paying for free shit for someone else to me.
View Quote

Unlike a huge percentage of this sad thread. Every Bernie Sanders supporter on the site seems to have turned up in here. Perhaps someone should just start a free college thread for them so they can cement their position? 
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't care if he personally executed Jesus. He released the Wu Tang album. He's completely redeemed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Even if I had never heard of the guy, never knew what he did, never met him, he has the face of someone
that my first instinct would be to cave it in with a tire iron...

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in the pharmaceutical industry. He's a douche.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:40:32 AM EDT
[#13]
What about Archie Marlzepan?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 1:51:19 AM EDT
[#14]
He promised me a new WuTang album if Trump won, I got a min or two of an intro streamed on a webcam.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He promised me a new WuTang album if Trump won, I got a min or two of an intro streamed on a webcam.
View Quote

Still ain't nothin to fuck with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:17:57 AM EDT
[#16]
When the feds are done with him, he will likely wish the aids drugs weren't so expensive.  An arrogant weasel like that will not fare well in prison.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top