Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I honestly don't know how they could have done that last episode better.

I feared they might shy away from the deeper implications of free will and omniscience, but they did not.

Loki had a redemption arc, but still ultimately betrayed "himself."
View Quote

Agree completely… you get it.

I don’t get what people are looking for with this/these series… they’re advancing the story, in an entirely relatable way. That’s what Marvel does so well.

Looking forward to Season 2!
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't get the final episode at all.  Do I need to rewatch the whole thing or what?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't get the final episode at all.  Do I need to rewatch the whole thing or what?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure.

Think about what he was offering Loki and Sylvie. They could have basically a fake happy life, be the rulers of time, or kill him and things will get cast into chaos.

Loki was wanting to leave him running the timeline without being tracked down after it was revealed the multiversal war. Sylvie, wanted to complete her mission.

There might have been a hint of affection in Sylvie’s kiss, but she couldn’t trust anybody, including another Loki.

Loki is now in another universe’s TVA where that universe’s Kang is a power hungry attention whore (Conqueror is my guess). That’s why Mobius and B-15 didn’t recognize him.

Which there are tons of variations of Kang throughout the comics. He’s either an ancestor of Dr. Doom or Reid Richards.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Kang we saw won’t be the Conqueror. I’m willing to bet that his acting will be rather different when we see the other Kang.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was excited to see Mobious back, he was my favorite character.

Last episode:  Huge disappointment.  The so-called bad guy: light weight - not impressive at all.

In the comics he isn’t, but I think the problem was the casting.

Kang was one of the few parts of post-Endgame MCU I was at least somewhat interested in.

After seeing who’ll be playing him though I no longer am.

The Kang we saw won’t be the Conqueror. I’m willing to bet that his acting will be rather different when we see the other Kang.

I’m not talking about his performance as “cabin fever” Kang. I’m talking about the actor himself.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, I wasn’t a fan either.

Also, apparently Kang was white in the comics.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/071D1F77-7C17-44E8-82F6-B83477AA43DF_jpe-2013405.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Majors’ performance was annoying. And the entire plot of the episode was about 20 minutes of content stretched to 45 minutes.

Oh well. I won’t bitch much more.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/071D1F77-7C17-44E8-82F6-B83477AA43DF_jpe-2013405.JPG

Huh. I thought he was an alien in the comics.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Majors’ performance was annoying. And the entire plot of the episode was about 20 minutes of content stretched to 45 minutes.

It can get kinda confusing, but based on what I read Kang original/prime/whatever was born Nathaniel Richards in the 30th or 31st century on Earth and is said to be the descendant of Reed Richards or possibly Dr. Doom.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It can get kinda confusing, but based on what I read Kang original/prime/whatever was born Nathaniel Richards in the 30th or 31st century on Earth and is said to be the descendant of Reed Richards or possibly Dr. Doom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, I got that in the MCU he's going to be human, but I thought in the comics he was a big blue alien.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Right, I got that in the MCU he's going to be human, but I thought in the comics he was a big blue alien. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417972/60ed53bcca74780018ae9043-2022925.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, I got that in the MCU he's going to be human, but I thought in the comics he was a big blue alien. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417972/60ed53bcca74780018ae9043-2022925.jpg

It’s a multiverse. There was an alligator Loki.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s his armor.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was talking about the comics.  Not the MCU.  I have no idea what they're going to end up doing with him.

Also the blue you see is his armor/gear and not his actually skin.  At least based on what I've seen anyway.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I really enjoyed the whole kang interaction

He is absolutely mad and i thought it was funny and enjoyable
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#15]
We reported last year that Majors had been cast in the MCU as Kang the Conqueror, though his appearance in "Loki" specifically was never confirmed. And maybe that's because Majors was technically not playing Kang on "Loki," but rather a different version of the human being who would become Kang. A Kang variant, basically, but we're going to have a semantic discussion about that term later on.
View Quote

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/no-thats-not-kang-the-conqueror-in-the-loki-finale/ar-AAMcSGo
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look man, we can tolerate an alligator Loki.

We will not stand for a man with too much melanin playing a beloved iconic white-faced arch villain.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We will not stand for a man with too much melanin playing a beloved iconic white-faced arch villain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have missed the post where somebody complained about his race. Could you provide a link, or name names?

Or are you doing your usual "Holier than thou, Arfcom are all racists" routine?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. He initially came off amazingly like Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster character, then slowly got more and more off kilter. In the end, he seemed almost relieved to die. He really seemed not to give a shit anymore, having gone fully mad from eons of continuously maintaining things.

It will be interesting to see how he plays his other variants down the road.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought it was very well done, but I believe Marvel is about to start shedding it's more casual fans as it delves more deeply into the multiverse and farther away from the OG Avengers and the Infinity Saga.

I've talked to several people who just can't get into Loki and the whole multiverse thing, it's just too confusing and space magicky. Combine that with all the woke shit that was in FWS? Gonna start bleeding fans.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I thought it was very well done, but I believe Marvel is about to start shedding it's more casual fans as it delves more deeply into the multiverse and farther away from the OG Avengers and the Infinity Saga.

I've talked to several people who just can't get into Loki and the whole multiverse thing, it's just too confusing and space magicky. Combine that with all the woke shit that was in FWS? Gonna start bleeding fans.
View Quote

We've come a long way from Iron Man more or less being something you believe could happen today if servo miniaturization, weapons and energy tech, and computer control were just a little better, to what we're seeing come out now.

What a run they've been on.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:27:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

People will tolerate the wokeness. What I fear more than that is simple fatigue from it all. Having to keep up with a wide ranging storyline across platforms in order to maintain the story might get casual fans to eject. It’s been an epic 11 year run.

That said… there has been an amazing uptick in - and tolerance for - non-Marvel “hero” movies and shows over the last 25+ years, so maybe the fatigue thing isn’t real. It just took a couple generations for the comic book nerddom to proliferate. Cripes, last few times I was in a bookstore the main purveyors of manga were girls/young women. That’s gonna result in some real interesting movies in 15+ years.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:30:14 AM EDT
[#22]
BTW the “Assembled…” for Loki was really cool. I love seeing production art, plus they even showed some of the comic pages with characters in their home element. Interviews about characters and motivations plus effects… I have always loved BTS features.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:40:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We've come a long way from Iron Man more or less being something you believe could happen today if servo miniaturization, weapons and energy tech, and computer control were just a little better, to what we're seeing come out now.

View Quote

Well Thor 1 was pretty space-magicky...
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:54:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly, but basically just a dude that can throw a hammer really hard and make lightning, vs a big robot whatever that shoots a laser out of his face.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#25]
While I enjoyed the series, I was a disappointed in the cliff hanger. A touch more would have been awesome due to the fact season 2 could be so far away.

Instead of the throw away “see you in season 2” rubber stamp scene I was brain storming the other day and thought how funny it would have been if the end scene send us back to 1970’s New Jersey army base, and Steve Rogers has placed the final infinity stone back in the proper time/place, and as soon as he steps away having made the decision to stay in the past, a TVA door opens and hunter B15 comes through and says her spiel about being arrested for crimes against the time line, and end on a smug Rogers look as he’s says, “No, I don’t think I will”.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Certainly, but basically just a dude that can throw a hammer really hard and make lightning, vs a big robot whatever that shoots a laser out of his face.
View Quote

Asgard, rainbow bridge, bifrost, 9 realms, etc?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m not disagreeing with you. Thor was after Iron Man. They snagged a HUGE segment of the market, like me, who has never even held a comic book in his hands with a movie that grounded and realistic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agree with this. It's veering into what all comics do eventually, which is running out of relatable stories and veering into the absurd. That's fine if you're utterly invested, and have a geek brain....but most people want stories that they can relate to, and consequences that mean something.

The post-moderny nothing matters/everyone's alive/dead multiverse sputters out for almost everyone, at a certain point.

This is a bad move by Marvel, in the grand scheme, but their source material is predicated on this so as they keep trying to milk more out of less, they will hit the wall.

I'm already bored and checked out.

We're a trillion miles from the storytelling of Iron Man.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#29]
"What about all that time travel the Avengers did?"

"Yeah, well you see the TVA said that was supposed to happen, but Loki grabbing the tesseract, that wasn't."

"But some of the time travel they did was BECAUSE Loki grabbed the tesseract."

"Yeah, well don't worry about that."

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 5:09:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Also the "writer" here kinda sounded like a few people in this thread.

"Mobius shows Loki a video about how his life plays out after the battle of New York and watching this video is going to immediately change Loki into a sympathetic character."

"He JUST killed Phil Coulson."

"Yeah.... but he watched a video so he's a good guy now."

"Wow, you're speed running this character development."

"Yeah, just get it out of the way with a nice little video."
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"Mobius shows Loki a video about how his life plays out after the battle of New York and watching this video is going to immediately change Loki into a sympathetic character."

View Quote

I disagree. Mobius's time with him in the time theatre did nothing. He treated it all as a con, and he refused to buy in.

Then he does what he does and escapes, only to realize that the TVA is the ultimate power in the entire universe.  Remember, Loki is incredibly arrogant. The constant moral of all his antics is "pride before a fall".  Stark was correct in describing him as a "full tilt diva" and finding that he was even more meaningless than a pile of infinity stones used as paperweights would be devastating to his psyche.

It's the return trip to the time theatre alone that does it.  He has an unrestricted view of his timeline and realizes all the pain and suffering his future actions will bring to everyone, but I think being partly responsible for the death of his mother was the biggest.  Of his family, she's who he would have identified most with.

Then, after all that, to see that Thanos would in the end kill him. All his life, meaningless. Never to achieve greatness, to always fail, and anytime a version of him succeeds, the TVA sweeps in and "fixes" that "mistake".

It's easy to understand the desire to change.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I disagree. Mobius's time with him in the time theatre did nothing. He treated it all as a con, and he refused to buy in.

Then he does what he does and escapes, only to realize that the TVA is the ultimate power in the entire universe.  Remember, Loki is incredibly arrogant. The constant moral of all his antics is "pride before a fall".  Stark was correct in describing him as a "full tilt diva" and finding that he was even more meaningless than a pile of infinity stones used as paperweights would be devastating to his psyche.

It's the return trip to the time theatre alone that does it.  He has an unrestricted view of his timeline and realizes all the pain and suffering his future actions will bring to everyone, but I think being partly responsible for the death of his mother was the biggest.  Of his family, she's who he would have identified most with.

Then, after all that, to see that Thanos would in the end kill him. All his life, meaningless. Never to achieve greatness, to always fail, and anytime a version of him succeeds, the TVA sweeps in and "fixes" that "mistake".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whether it was Loki watching the video with Mobius or Loki watching the video by himself a few minutes later it doesn't really matter.

Besides, it's a short comedy skit critiquing a 4-5 hour season of TV that's supposed to be funny.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney and it's getting kinda nasty.

Johansson claims Disney was supposed to only release Black Widow in theaters and not make it available online.  Disney then put out a public statement basically claiming Johansson wanted people to die just so she could make more money.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney and it's getting kinda nasty.

Johansson claims Disney was supposed to only release Black Widow in theaters and not make it available online.  Disney then put out a public statement basically claiming Johansson wanted people to die just so she could make more money.
View Quote

Good.
Let the communist sympathizers eat each other.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Our local shelter has some Variants up for adoption.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I'll take Mobius!  
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

What were their names a month ago?  
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Does it matter?  They won't answer to them anyway.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:35:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#43]
“What If” dropped today
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#44]
What If...? was pretty good.  Good start to the series.  Be interesting where it goes, supposedly will tie together I think instead of being a bunch of anthology stories.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:47:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What If...? was pretty good.  Good start to the series.  Be interesting where it goes, supposedly will tie together I think instead of being a bunch of anthology stories.
View Quote

Probably another set up for multiverse of madness, and it would follow the logic of the TVA. Each "what if" being a nexus event.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I saw the first episode of "What If" was about Peggy Carter stealing the role of Captain America from Steve Rodgers written by a feminist who is writing and producing a superhero tv show with a muslim woman as the lead.

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I saw the first episode of "What If" was about Peggy Carter stealing the role of Captain America from Steve Rodgers written by a feminist who is writing and producing a superhero tv show with a muslim woman as the lead.

https://i.imgur.com/zGHQb4O.gif?2
View Quote

It gets better.  https://babylonbee.com/news/marvels-what-if-reintroduces-captain-marvel-as-a-conservative-christian-mother-of-7

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#48]
NPR loved it
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:25:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/zGHQb4O.gif?2

It gets better.  https://babylonbee.com/news/marvels-what-if-reintroduces-captain-marvel-as-a-conservative-christian-mother-of-7

"8. What if Biden won the election fair and square? - Now this one is far-fetched! But that's the fun of a fictional show with entirely hypothetical situations."

Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top