Posted: 10/24/2020 2:35:03 PM EDT
I am sharing every single "mask police" within my family in NYC

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

...it never was
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll spare anyone who doesn't want to watch it all.

2 milfs talk softly for 8:03 about shit we all already know.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Neither do lockdowns.

Here's how it went in my town:

First we had a lockdown for a month. A month?!? Weren't other cities doing 2 weeks? Mayor said tough shit, we're doing a month.

Positive cases reaches the low 100's for the entire state, then falls. Lockdown lifted.

Then the mayor said you must wear a mask if you go inside a building. He and the governor start fighting because the governor doesn't mandate masks in state buildings.

A month after mask mandate, cases start rising. Why? I thought masks stopped the spread. Mayor orders another month-long lockdown, and illegally stops allowing the public to attend city assembly meetings because all the testimony is in opposition. So now people start protesting outside the building during the assembly meetings. Restaurants start defying the lockdown and the mayor responds by fining them hundreds of dollars every day they're open. Customers and well-wishers start donating to cover the fines, so the mayor keeps raising the fines and cutting off utilities. The rebel restaurants knuckle under.

Positive cases plateau, the mayor lifts the lockdown on bars and restaurants. Many couldn't survive the second lockdown and are permanently gone. The assembly meetings are opened up to the public again. But mask mandate remains.

New positive cases skyrocket to all-time highs, despite 2 lockdowns and mandatory masks since June.

No new lockdowns in the face of rising cases. Maybe the idiots running the city have learned?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I never thought they did much. Maybe a little if someone sneezes, coughs, talks loud, etc, it might stop the direct splatter.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#6]
We got a report from our kids school district last week. I don’t usually read that stuff but this one was interesting.

Over 20k students + staff
1,101 of them quarantined for direct exposure
9 of those quarantined tested positive
3 of those weren’t exposed outside of school

I looked at that and thought “shit this virus is a non issue”

The majority of comments are about how well the masks worked.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Blah blah blah

I wear a 3M 6800 with P100s. I'm fairly certain it works pretty well .

Those faggy ass fabric strip ear loop fuckers are good for keeping your snot on you though.

You do you baby. I don't give a fuck.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh, they probably do stop a percentage of transmission.

Don't care.  Were all going to get it eventually. Let your immune system do its job and develop the antibodies and get over it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]
My thought is, why do they want you to get a Flu shot if masks work so well against Covid ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#10]
If Americans would quit mask shaming and start fat shaming, that would actually go a lot further towards reducing fatalities because being a fatass and all the illnesses associated with being a fatass is the primary cause of corona deaths. The other top 2 killers of Americans, heart disease and cancer are also heavily associated with obesity.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Masks keep you from spreading germs willy-nilly, masks kind of prevent inhaling transmission of large particulate matter and slightly against small particulate matter, same goes with face shields, hand washing, wiping shit down, social distancing, blah blah blah.  They work to an extent if everyone does it and everyone knows everyone's not doing it so it's a feeble directive, little more than a panacea.

Lockdowns don't prevent shit other than total isolation for weeks and months and we're not doing that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude P100 masks could let in 0.03% of particles sized 0.21 microns... so, not 100%

But do you need 100%?

NO... but WHY?

That is what most people don't consider. Risk mitigation is not about 100%. It is about drastically reducing your risk.

So if a person wearing a mask captures 60% of the virus and wearing a surgical mask stops 60%, then in combination they reduce exposure by 86%! Now add in the protective factors of distance, ventilation, and reducing time around potential vectors, and the exposure dose (risk of infection and severity of infection if infected) is going to be greatly reduced.

So the goal was never 0 risk. NOTHING IS ZERO RISK.

But if you reduce transmission risk, then you can do more things and minimize societal restrictions. That's good.

If you keep the transmission RATE low enough then you avoid the exponential growth of infection that causes very-bad-things- to happen like overwhelmed hospitals, huge healthcare cost, and economic shutdowns because too many are out sick.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Blah blah blah

I wear a 3M 6800 with P100s. I'm fairly certain it works pretty well .

Those faggy ass fabric strip ear loop fuckers are good for keeping your snot on you though.

You do you baby. I don't give a fuck.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dude P100 masks could let in 0.03% of particles sized 0.21 microns... so, not 100%

But do you need 100%?

NO... but WHY?

That is what most people don't consider. Risk mitigation is not about 100%. It is about drastically reducing your risk.

So if a person wearing a mask captures 60% of the virus and wearing a surgical mask stops 60%, then in combination they reduce exposure by 86%! Now add in the protective factors of distance, ventilation, and reducing time around potential vectors, and the exposure dose (risk of infection and severity of infection if infected) is going to be greatly reduced.

But if you reduce transmission risk, then you can do more things and minimize societal restrictions. That's good.

If you keep the transmission RATE low enough then you avoid the exponential growth of infection that causes very-bad-things- to happen like overwhelmed hospitals, huge healthcare cost, and economic shutdowns because too many are out sick.
View Quote

So you're saying we should all wear masks forever, just because.  There will always be a virus or a bacteria to cause an illness. Just to be safe we should always wear a mask and social distance (and not have large gatherings, church services, high school sports, family gatherings, etc) because we're all safer that way.  

Sorry, but fuck that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'll spare anyone who doesn't want to watch it all.

2 milfs talk softly for 8:03 about shit we all already know.
View Quote

Do they make out?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Real simple. Everybody has been wearing masks for MONTHS! If the fucking masks worked, how the fuck is it everyday I hear how the numbers are spiking to record numbers?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#19]
It depends on what work means.

Look...jokes aside, a proper face covering can reduce, but not eliminate, the risks of spreading various illnesses.  

They are not magic but it is wrong to deny that some masks can reduce risks under certain conditions.  

A basic 3 layer cloth mask over the mouth and nose, plus social distance, plus sanitisation of touch surfaces and hands...goes a long way towards reducing the spread of numerous viruses.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Neither do lockdowns.

Here's how it went in my town:

First we had a lockdown for a month. A month?!? Weren't other cities doing 2 weeks? Mayor said tough shit, we're doing a month.

Positive cases reaches the low 100's for the entire state, then falls. Lockdown lifted.

Then the mayor said you must wear a mask if you go inside a building. He and the governor start fighting because the governor doesn't mandate masks in state buildings.

A month after mask mandate, cases start rising. Why? I thought masks stopped the spread. Mayor orders another month-long lockdown, and illegally stops allowing the public to attend city assembly meetings because all the testimony is in opposition. So now people start protesting outside the building during the assembly meetings. Restaurants start defying the lockdown and the mayor responds by fining them hundreds of dollars every day they're open. Customers and well-wishers start donating to cover the fines, so the mayor keeps raising the fines and cutting off utilities. The rebel restaurants knuckle under.

Positive cases plateau, the mayor lifts the lockdown on bars and restaurants. Many couldn't survive the second lockdown and are permanently gone. The assembly meetings are opened up to the public again. But mask mandate remains.

New positive cases skyrocket to all-time highs, despite 2 lockdowns and mandatory masks since June.

No new lockdowns in the face of rising cases. Maybe the idiots running the city have learned?
View Quote

Alaska has large areas of desolate land.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But do you need 100%?

NO... but WHY?

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:46:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Look...jokes aside, a proper face covering can reduce, but not eliminate, the risks of spreading various illnesses.  

They are not magic but it is wrong to deny that some masks can reduce risks under certain conditions.  

A basic 3 layer cloth mask over the mouth and nose, plus social distance, plus sanitisation of touch surfaces and hands...goes a long way towards reducing the spread of numerous viruses.
View Quote

Evidently, this is not true. Everybody is wearing them for months. Numbers spiking.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I sent this video to my wife's family group chat. They are all in NYC.
Now everyone is pissed at me!
Glorious!
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Evidently, this is not true. Everybody is wearing them for months. Numbers spiking.
View Quote

Many are not wearing them properly So negates the effectiveness.

A Japanese study found masks can be effective from 40 to 90 percent depending on type of mask.

None are totally effective.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#25]
In before doombros.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To say they are not working, you would need a control sample of population not wearing masks to compare against.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#27]
They work

They show who the people are that can be easily manipulated by whatever the government tells them to do.

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

To say they are not working, you would need a control sample of population not wearing masks to compare against.
View Quote

No, it's pretty clear they don't work, and becoming clearer they are contributing to the spikes.

The CDC director came and said if everyone wore masks for 4 weeks, the virus would be gone. That was 9 weeks ago, and everybody has been wearing them since. Yet, here we are.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a fine non-sequitur you have there, sir. The supposed motive for requiring masks and suppressing public life is not "reducing the spread of numerous viruses." The supposed motive is reducing the spread of a particular virus. Unless these mandates demonstrably reduce the spread of that virus, they are either pointless theater, or evil. Suppose there's huge radiation leak, and the government orders people to slather themselves with zinc oxide to protect against radiation exposure. The fact that being covered in white goo will reduce the likelihood of sunburn and skin cancer is totally irrelevant to the question whether it should be mandated as a prophylactic against radiation exposure.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#30]
The maskholes regurgitating the "we aren't trying to stop it, we're trying to slow it" and "if it saves one life" tropes makes me wonder how they give each other masked BJ's at their local Mom Demand Action meetings.

Shannon Watts would be so proud of you guys.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If Americans would quit mask shaming and start fat shaming, that would actually go a lot further towards reducing fatalities because being a fatass and all the illnesses associated with being a fatass is the primary cause of corona deaths. The other top 2 killers of Americans, heart disease and cancer are also heavily associated with obesity.
View Quote

Quote deserved
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s not disprovable. This is going to go on and on and on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In before doombros.
View Quote

Too late.....
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Put three people in an air tight sealed room
One has active China virus (very active).
2nd person wearing mask
3rd person no mask

Make them stay for a few hours and tell them to perform day to day activities, such as talking, walking around, drinking water, eating food, laughing, sneezing, etc.

Who do you think can/will catch the virus?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#35]
All of them.  

What do I win?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#36]
This is how I feel about it
(short video. Sorta funny. Exposes cognitive dissonance on masks)
https://streamable.com/j9is8w
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Masks keep you from spreading germs willy-nilly, masks kind of prevent inhaling transmission of large particulate matter and slightly against small particulate matter, same goes with face shields, hand washing, wiping shit down, social distancing, blah blah blah.  They work to an extent if everyone does it and everyone knows everyone's not doing it so it's a feeble directive, little more than a panacea.

Lockdowns don't prevent shit other than total isolation for weeks and months and we're not doing that.
View Quote

the lockdowns work extremely well if you are trying to fuck up a great economy, which is what the idea was to begin with
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
#1 is actually abortion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Masks protect me from your poor hygiene, when you’re not covering your mouth
Coughing or sneezing
Picking your nose, or whatever non-hygiene 99% of Americans have.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it’s not. I would even concede that they very well might have helped some. I just don’t see this as a big enough of a threat to warrant all of the nonsense that’s going on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Masks are fucking stupid on an individual level.

At a population level, they will reduce the spread of the wuflu, and it's also fucking stupid to argue that they won't.

The question is, who gave a bunch of stupid fucking people, control over the population?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
2nd person wearing mask
3rd person no mask

Make them stay for a few hours and tell them to perform day to day activities, such as talking, walking around, drinking water, eating food, laughing, sneezing, etc.

View Quote

I would bet decent money on both.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Coughing or sneezing
View Quote

And what protected Americans for the last 100yrs? That's right, your immune system. Americans have the strongest immune systems in the world because we don't wear fucking masks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Real simple. Everybody has been wearing masks for MONTHS! If the fucking masks worked, how the fuck is it everyday I hear how the numbers are spiking to record numbers?
View Quote

No they haven't, 90% of GD says they ain't wearin no fucking mask.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#45]
TB is one of the most contagious, deadly bacteria's in the world. No mask are required in those area's....tell me what's the difference?????
Not a Election year is my answer....
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#46]
If masks worked I wouldn't be sitting at home with COVID-19 right now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#47]
so she is a scientist and doesn't know the virus in not floating around in the air that it is in snot droplets?

I don't care about the mask thing, but she is an idiot
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And what protected Americans for the last 100yrs? That's right, your immune system. Americans have the strongest immune systems in the world because we don't wear fucking masks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coughing or sneezing

1918 pandemic pic

Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Why initially did the experts say they did not work? How and why did the change come about?
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
2nd person wearing mask
3rd person no mask

View Quote
Both the 2nd and 3rd will have the same risk of getting it regardless of one wearing a mask or not. One has the virus on his hands, clothing, body, it can be on anything he touches. It will settle on the floor, walls, furniture, or food from his exhaling even through most masks.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top