Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

English?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope it’s only the case if they a state of the US or if we exercise suzerainty over them.

English?

suzerainty; A relation between states in which a subservient nation has its own government, but is unable to take international action independent of the superior state.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

suzerainty; A relation between states in which a subservient nation has its own government, but is unable to take international action independent of the superior state.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not that, I am aware of that word. I took EN101, EN102, EN201, EN202, and EN290 in College.

It's this:

Quoted:

Nope it’s only the case if they a state of the US or if we exercise suzerainty over them.

From my best guess you are trying to say:

"No, it's only the case if they are a US state or if we exercise suzerainty over them"

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well, at least this saves some poor Asian hottie from having to fuck Eric Swalwell to get the info.
View Quote

How do we convince asian hotties to believe that I have confidential information
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And then what?  Do you think that leads to a liberal, democracy friendly, western oriented nation, or what happen in 1917 the rise of an authoritarian state, this time armed with nuclear weapons ?
View Quote

Or the collapse of said state.

While that's not our problem, the effects certainly are, and we signed on for it as a policy outcome when we started to rewrite the map of large parts of the former Soviet Union to the benefit of Europe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Another? Do you feel a little itch of integrity egging you on to admit Gaetz is perpetuating the very thing you continue to mope around about? Do you truly feel his pandering for votes is actually useful, or will fix any of the problems you enjoy writing about in every thread we cross paths? He is in a position to take action, he has power over muh generals. I get it, he says something you like so he gets a free pass. But everyone else is fucked up right.
View Quote

Thanks for questioning MY integrity. Shit, perhaps you should be Deputy INDOPACOM. What exactly is your basis?

Gaetz got very little other than the bully pulpit, because of divided government .et .al. Mostly, in my opinion Gaetz is bullying this Admiral and his deputy precisely the civilian bureaucracy has created terrible strategic conditions and no one feels much desire to fix or hold anyone in the .civ or .mil accountable.

You can take your "everyone is fucked up" security blanket right into the booth when you pull the lever for Kamala and Joe, and we can all get more adulting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Keep bringing up LCS, yet when the only people keeping those ships around is congress, kinda like the dude this thread is about.

You keep banging on about muh generals, but I haven't seen anyone defend them. Clutch the purse a little harder with your trumped up outrage man.

View Quote

Uh...you're incorrect. The Navy pushed them for decades at the expense of other defense priorities, and now STILL building and manning them for missions its basically having to make up.

Everyone on the first page is saying "that poor Admiral, having to answer a hard question from Congress." Again, if you're missing that, don't know what to tell you, guy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Because the tech is obsolete. We have lasers to take out any hypersonics. And no one can detect a strike if we chose to engage in one.

One would hope.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Uh...you're incorrect. The Navy pushed them for decades at the expense of other defense priorities, and now STILL building and manning them for missions its basically having to make up.

Everyone on the first page is saying "that poor Admiral, having to answer a hard question from Congress." Again, if you're missing that, don't know what to tell you, guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep bringing up LCS, yet when the only people keeping those ships around is congress, kinda like the dude this thread is about.

You keep banging on about muh generals, but I haven't seen anyone defend them. Clutch the purse a little harder with your trumped up outrage man.

They are keeping them active after being forbidden to retire some....by Congress.
https://news.usni.org/2022/03/09/last-minute-fy-22-728-5b-defense-bill-funds-13-navy-ships-12-f-a-18s-saves-3-lcs-from-decommissioning
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

How many Admirals have been forced to resign over the LCS debacle?

How many Generals have been forced to resign over Afghanistan? How about meaningfully testify on who ordered what, when?

But God help the Joe who loses some NODS he can buy off the internet. We MUST HAVE ACCOUNTABILITY!

These GOFOs are fortunate that they've got SNCOs to carry water for them.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How many Generals have been forced to resign over Afghanistan? How about meaningfully testify on who ordered what, when?

But God help the Joe who loses some NODS he can buy off the internet. We MUST HAVE ACCOUNTABILITY!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm sorry, do you think those questions are related to Congress forcing the Navy to keep operating them?

If you think I'm defending the program offices you're mistaken.  But to pretend that procurement problems are entirely the military's fault requires one to ignore a lot of reality.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, "Grifter" is defined as "a person who engages in petty or small-scale swindling."

The Littoral Combat Ships (LCS) cost about $500 Million a piece to build, there are going to be 23 of them, and each will cost about $70 Million annually to maintain.  So, I don't think that's "small scale" and I would say that the Honorable Matt Gaetz is being very generous when he refers to them as "grifters."  

We have more general and flag officers in the U.S. military today than we did at the height of WW2.  We have more civilian bureaucracy at DOD than we had during WW2 in the Dept. of War and the Dept. of the Navy combined. Combine that with the fact that Congressional appropriations are not made to DOD without the assurances that such federal funds will reach every single congressional district through DFAR contracts to large corporations, small business (i.e. those special donors), and universities alike added to the fact that DOD has NEVER successfully passed a financial audit and you've got a recipe for incredible fraud, waste, and abuse.  

If I had it my way, I'd place Erik Prince as Secretary of Defense and I feel confident he would do a lot in four to eight years to at least set DOD on a path to sanity.   We cannot keep placing as Secretary of Defense retired general or flag officers, because they are part of the problem.

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Frankly the less the .mil discloses our real capabilities the better off we are. Anyone even remotely in the know has less than zero concern about "meh hypersonics."

All you military experts out there that think you need to know, don't. What are you going to do about it anyways, stock up on more extra special 556?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, do you think those questions are related to Congress forcing the Navy to keep operating them?

If you think I'm defending the program offices you're mistaken.  But to pretend that procurement problems are entirely the military's fault requires one to ignore a lot of reality.
View Quote

Agreed, but Congress has saved programs that the Services wanted to kill through short sightedness, as well.

I concur its a flawed system, but the hilarity of all these MilBros freaking out about a Congressman discussing a disclosure is unintentionally hilarious to me, in my experience.

Someday, over a beer I'll share a Ron Wyden story.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Frankly the less the .mil discloses our real capabilities the better off we are. Anyone even remotely in the know has less than zero concern about "meh hypersonics."

All you military experts out there that think you need to know, don't. What are you going to do about it anyways, stock up on more extra special 556?
View Quote

The problem is that the more the government gets to hide behind secrecy, the shitter outcomes become over time.

Sunlight disinfects. Now, I get sources and methods, actual capability assessments, etc. However, frankly, when people, especially operator GOFOs and intel types, start spouting about it, my bullshit meter goes into high gain.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top