User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Chuckie, if it's the one I'm thinking about.  It was a crop duster based out of Dothan, AL back in the late 60's and early 70's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool to see Ye Old Pub is still flying for now. Interesting history behind that plane, and the crew.

It’s not THE Ye Olde Pub, just a mock-up.  Was Madras Maiden before with a chin turret, and I think some other name before that.

Chuckie, if it's the one I'm thinking about.  It was a crop duster based out of Dothan, AL back in the late 60's and early 70's.

This one is "Chuckie" and is wearing "Madras Maiden" now.

Watched it fly and kicked the tires in 2010 at the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo, Va.  Appears to be in Oregon now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
There are less than 10 airworthy B17 in existence.  Shame the old war bird is singing their last songs.

I got to walk through the Nine-O-Nine a couple years ago.  I am a decent sized guy, and there were a few tight spots.  I know I wouldn't of fit in the gun turret.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Watched it fly and kicked the tires in 2010 at the Military Aviation Museum in Pungo, Va.  Appears to be in Oregon now.
View Quote

She hasn't been Madras Maiden for 4 years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Only if you're not actually interested in preserving living links to this part of aviation history.

There have been some minor tweaks to how we're doing business, but, no, it isn't "all just different now".
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:17:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what Chuckie looked like in the mid to late 70s.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't know Ye Olde Pub was still flying, that's awesome.
View Quote

It isn't the same aircraft as in the probably-not-true Charlie Brown incident.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#7]
These aircraft will be fixed, AD's exist on every aircraft that have ever flown or are still flying.  Every aircraft flying right now has cracks in it, just depends on where and how big they are, its the reason why we have NDT inspectors.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Best that can be done. It's hard showing future generations a pile of wreckage and explaining what it used to be.

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2022/11/13/ap223167973554341-18cea89b2105a397175bffc19f7e58a7ee0d650b-s1100-c50.jpg
View Quote

Texas Raiders flew as a CAF aircraft in airshows, uneventfully, for 55 years.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These aircraft will be fixed, AD's exist on every aircraft that have ever flown or are still flying.  Every aircraft flying right now has cracks in it, just depends on where and how big they are, its the reason why we have NDT inspectors.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Plus, it is great for volunteering time for repairs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
A non-click-bait'y description of what may be coming down the line for the B-17 AD.

No, not "the end of the road for most, if not all".

https://www.aerovintage.com/2023/04/15/new-b-17-wing-ad-forthcoming/?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I got to go for a ride in the Yankee Lady a few years ago, and even got to sit in the nose.  Incredible experience.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#12]
A little bit on the restoration of the Champaign Lady B-17, and some detail about how they've handled the spar carry-through structure in their work.

Some good detail for the folks interested in the geek-level.

https://www.aerovintage.com/2022/02/18/b-17g-champaign-lady-update-02-18-2022/

The primary structure of the B-17 inner wing panel consists two truss-type wing spars, forward and rear. Each truss-type spar is built up of of two spar chords, upper and lower, that are assembled with tubular members forming “N” type trusses. The upper and lower spars, both front and rear, are themselves attached to the fuselage center section with steel terminal fittings that are bolted into the inner end of the spar chords. The terminal fittings attach to matching fittings on the fuselage center section and are held together with special tapered pins. Thus, there are four main attach points that hold the wings to the fuselage, along with two other specialized secondary attach points located between the upper and lower spars.

The spar chords were originally manufactured as an extrusion and many smart people have since tried to figure out how exactly this was done back in the 1940s. The challenging feature of the spar chords is that they taper down from the wing root to the length of the section. The taper is both outside and inside the hollow square tubular chord.

The process to extrude these parts in the exact dimensions as required to match the Boeing design is apparently no longer available; that machining capability is long gone. This is why the inner wing sections now so rare…original spar chords are needed to build up a wing and there are few undamaged components available. Trying to re-engineer a new wing spar chord using modern components would require a massive effort and re-certification with the FAA that is not practical. It is left to restorers to use the original Boeing specifications for construction and repairs to the wing structure.

The other problem with the B-17 inner wing is the steel terminal fittings where each of the four spar chords connect to the fuselage center section. Each of the four attachment fittings are slid into the respective spar chords and precisely held in position with eight close-tolerance bolts. It was determined back in 2002 that the spar chords and the steel attachment fittings were subject to cracking around the holes drilled to hold the bolts. This generated an Airworthiness Directive issued by the FAA in 2001 that requires close inspection of these components to find and repair any cracking found. The AD offers several methods of compliance for the inspection, but if cracking is found then repairs are obviously required. The procedure used to repair the cracked components has to be coordinated with and approved by the FAA. (The text and comments on the 2001 AD make for interesting reading, at least for some B-17 aficionados.)

This brings us to the work on the right inner wing panel of Champaign Lady. As part of the rebuilding process of the wing, each of the spar chords were closely inspected both inside and out, with the interior inspection a laborious process of moving a camera along the entire length of the chord checking each surface. The inspection determined that there was cracking in the areas of the steel terminal fittings on three of the four attachment points. These were repaired exactly in accordance with FAA input and Boeing instructions as contained in the AAF Technical Order on Structural Repairs for the B-17G. Essentially, the damaged area was removed and replaced with a new extrusion. The new sections were spliced in with a solid inner core extending as specified beyond each end of the gap, with external plates added fore and aft to the spar chord. Holes were carefully drilled and bolts added to hold the entire assembly together.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#13]
A video from the folks restoring the Desert Rat B-17, showing the carry-through spar tube structures at the 7:40 mark.

Desert Rat 2021 B17e Update. Cutting it real close but it's all good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So glad I got a ride on Aluminum Overcast when I had the chance.
View Quote
Same here.Attachment Attached File

My father in law flew 30 missions. His last few as lead pilot and group commander. His last mission was over France, the day before D Day. I bought us a flight in Aluminum Overcast in 2016. RIP Pops.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ground 'em and preserve them.  We're not building any more B-17s.
View Quote

Absolutely not. Plenty are already in static exhibits. Fly all the birds that are capable as long as possible. Seeing on in the air is a million times more impressive and more impactful that seeing it sitting in a big museum.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

None of the currently-operational and flying bombers (to include the B-24s and B-29s) have notable combat histories, if any combat history at all.

There are plenty of historically significant airframes that are preserved for future generations.  The flyable aircraft are about preserving the living link to the history for future generations.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Bombardier's station in Liberty Belle from 2009.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I flew on the Nine-O-Nine with my grandfather who himself had took 24 trips to Germany and France on one previously.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sure glad we finally got our ride in the Yankee Lady a few years back...
View Quote

DittoAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#21]

You do know some of us lost friends on that aircraft
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have been biting my tongue on that dumb post.  

I am not sure he cares.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wouldn't presume to call them friends, as I'd only met them once, but I will always hold those pilots in high regard for the way they treated me during my flight. I took along a picture of my grandfather standing next to the Stearman in which he'd just solo'd at primary pilot training. When I showed it to the crew, they took it into the cockpit so my grandfather could fly in the pilot's seat one more time. They even took pics and video of his picture's ride in the cockpit and sent them to me. Those were great men who loved what they did to keep alive the memories of heroes such as my grandfather.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:39:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Epic!

Hopefully there will be more of these gatherings in the future.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Hopefully the B-24’s and B-29’s aren’t effected also.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nailed it.

Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#28]
crass and disgusting ~Sierra5

COC
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 11:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I was at the Erickson Museum in Madras Oregon http://www.ericksoncollection.com/ last week.  They had Old Pub there, as well as a second B17 that they were working on for somebody else.  A really cool collection if you're ever in the neighborhood, and all their planes fly as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:53:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hopefully the B-24’s and B-29’s aren’t effected also.
View Quote

Not as far as we know. Although the AD isn't out yet, it only appears to be aimed at B-17 specific issues.

The CAF B-29 is finishing up a heavy maintenance cycle and we expect it to be out on summer tour in late May (beginning in Memphis).

The CAF B-24 is done with its mid-season maintenance cycle and will be heading to the Dyess AFB airshow this weekend, then out on tour with the rest of the airplanes in May.

I'll be on the crew (copilot) flying the Liberator to Dyess this weekend, so any ARFCOM folks who are there please come out and say hello.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:59:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So glad I got a ride on Aluminum Overcast when I had the chance.
View Quote

This

There may not be enough money to resolve the issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Watch a group of people form up in 2032 and build one from scratch using modern processes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:35:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not as far as we know. Although the AD isn't out yet, it only appears to be aimed at B-17 specific issues.

The CAF B-29 is finishing up a heavy maintenance cycle and we expect it to be out on summer tour in late May (beginning in Memphis).

The CAF B-24 is done with its mid-season maintenance cycle and will be heading to the Dyess AFB airshow this weekend, then out on tour with the rest of the airplanes in May.

I'll be on the crew (copilot) flying the Liberator to Dyess this weekend, so any ARFCOM folks who are there please come out and say hello.
View Quote
Glad to see the B29 still flying

Last year my brother and I took a ride on FiFi at Reading, PA and it was our first ever flight. A truly once in a lifetime event and it was amazing!!

I have since then donated to the CAF so these beautiful machines can hopefully keep flying.

Also are you flying at the WW2 Weekend in Reading this year?
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:45:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Also are you flying at the WW2 Weekend in Reading this year?
View Quote

Thank you for the donation and the rides. It is only with support like yours that they'll keep flying for future generations to experience. I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm not personally scheduled to fly at Reading as of currently, no. If I can work my way on to the schedule, though, I am going to try.

But the Ladies will be there.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 2:49:53 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thank you for the donation and the rides. It is only with support like yours that they'll keep flying for future generations to experience. I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm not personally scheduled to fly at Reading as of currently, no. If I can work my way on to the schedule, though, I am going to try.

But the Ladies will be there.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/470117/IMG_7828_jpg-2788156.JPG
View Quote

I love this place.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#37]

You want to know what I love about that picture?

The two Forts in the back are painted to resemble aircraft assigned to the 381st Bomb Group (triangle L) and 390th Bomb Group (square J). My grandfather was a pilot in the 381st and his brother was a ball turret gunner in the 390th, both there in the Spring of 1945. (There was one mission where both their squadrons participated. The only time they were both engaged in the same action.)
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:11:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

A friend from HS/classmate is one of the principals in Champaign Gal. I'm going to check it out when I'm visiting my Brother later this year. They should be getting close...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that...   There are plenty of dust collectors out there.  

There are a few in the process of being built.  

A friend from HS/classmate is one of the principals in Champaign Gal. I'm going to check it out when I'm visiting my Brother later this year. They should be getting close...

The Champaign Lady?  How ironic.  My dad built them a clock for their hangar since we're too far away to do any volunteer work.  I'll find a picture of it and post it up tonight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

And people (owners and pilots) still start wringing their hands over speculation on how bad/expensive an AD is going to be, after word of a pending structural AD gets out.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I was lucky enough to climb all over the movie version of the Memphis Belle, unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to fly in it. I wish I had the picture of me out on the wing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Champaign Lady?  How ironic.  My dad built them a clock for their hangar since we're too far away to do any volunteer work.  I'll find a picture of it and post it up tonight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck that...   There are plenty of dust collectors out there.  

There are a few in the process of being built.  

Yep....I always fuck it up and call it Gal.

That's cool on the clock. I'll look for it when I'm up there later this year...

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is Special Kay still in limbo? I haven't seen any updates on FB or YT lately.  They are still waiting for word on a gear replacement, some heavy inspection of the frame, and new fuel bladders to be made. A very costly rebuild.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Here is some info I ran across. It is from a facebook Vintage Aviation group, so I can't really say how accurate it is.

Vintage Aviation Museum

With B-17 wing spars being a hot topic, here is some information regarding how they are made and why it is challenging to reproduce them.  In the picture the wing spars locations are circled in blue. The spar carry thrus that go thru the bomb bay have been reproduced. The wing attach fittings have been reproduced. The wing spar tubes themselves have not been reproduced yet. Each wing takes 4 tubes, so 8 tubes per plane.

The B-17 has a forward and a rear wing spar, and each spar is a truss, consisting of an upper and lower tube, hereby referred to as the "Spar Tubes".  The Spar Tubes are square tubes with round corners.  The outside dimension of the tube is constant (2.688"  or  2 11/16"), while the wall thickness tapers to the other end.  It actually tapers at a linear rate to a point around the outboard nacelles, and then tapers at a different linear rate to the end, where the outboard wing panel is attached. (1/8"). The Upper tube differs from the Lower tube in both the thickness and the double taper rate, due to the differing tension and compression loads placed upon the upper and lower Spar Tubes.  These tubes were 2024 aluminum alloy,  originally drawn over a mandrel (which is basically a steel form of the inside of the tube) in order to give it the correct dimensions.  Thickness tolerances were +/- 10% per the Boeing drawing.

2024 aluminum is a heat-treatable, aerospace grade aluminum with high tensile and yield strengths, due to Copper being an alloy metal.  This also makes 2024 difficult to weld, due to the weld changing the heat treatment of the material and how the other alloy metals are affected by the heating and cooling process, causing cracks which will propagate under load.

Ideas about casting the tubes or making them out of carbon fiber face an uphill climb, as any changes from the original part or material need an engineering assessment and approval by the FAA - the "Experimental" designation aside.  Remember, the B-17s are part of the warbird experience ride program, and operate on a non-experimental license (I believe it is a Limited license, but don't quote me).  Casting aluminum does not have the same strength characteristics of 2024.  Milling the center out of the tube might work if the spar tube was 6 inches long.  As it is, they are 300 inches long.  Chemical milling?  Looked into that.  Nested tubes riveted together to get the right thicknesses?  *THAT'S* a lot of tubes, work, money, and it would STILL need FAA approval.  Carbon Fiber?  They use that on wings these days, but the wing spars are still aluminum.  The rivets would need to be a different metal, due to the epoxies and other material associated with carbon fiber parts - Remember Boeing and their problems with the 787 fasteners?  Not to mention the HUNDREDS of rivets in each Spar Tube.  That would need to be looked at by engineers.
Probably the easiest way to get any wing spar problem solved is to make the Spar Tubes just like Boeing did.  They have lasted this long, haven't they?

one of the reply comments states that it is estimated to cost approx $500k to make this retrofit do to a complex square aluminum tubing required that isn't really manufactured anymore, but was very common back then.
Link Posted: 4/26/2023 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Here is some info I ran across. It is from a facebook Vintage Aviation group, so I can't really say how accurate it is.

Vintage Aviation Museum

With B-17 wing spars being a hot topic, here is some information regarding how they are made and why it is challenging to reproduce them.  In the picture the wing spars locations are circled in blue. The spar carry thrus that go thru the bomb bay have been reproduced. The wing attach fittings have been reproduced. The wing spar tubes themselves have not been reproduced yet. Each wing takes 4 tubes, so 8 tubes per plane.

The B-17 has a forward and a rear wing spar, and each spar is a truss, consisting of an upper and lower tube, hereby referred to as the "Spar Tubes".  The Spar Tubes are square tubes with round corners.  The outside dimension of the tube is constant (2.688"  or  2 11/16"), while the wall thickness tapers to the other end.  It actually tapers at a linear rate to a point around the outboard nacelles, and then tapers at a different linear rate to the end, where the outboard wing panel is attached. (1/8"). The Upper tube differs from the Lower tube in both the thickness and the double taper rate, due to the differing tension and compression loads placed upon the upper and lower Spar Tubes.  These tubes were 2024 aluminum alloy,  originally drawn over a mandrel (which is basically a steel form of the inside of the tube) in order to give it the correct dimensions.  Thickness tolerances were +/- 10% per the Boeing drawing.

2024 aluminum is a heat-treatable, aerospace grade aluminum with high tensile and yield strengths, due to Copper being an alloy metal.  This also makes 2024 difficult to weld, due to the weld changing the heat treatment of the material and how the other alloy metals are affected by the heating and cooling process, causing cracks which will propagate under load.

Ideas about casting the tubes or making them out of carbon fiber face an uphill climb, as any changes from the original part or material need an engineering assessment and approval by the FAA - the "Experimental" designation aside.  Remember, the B-17s are part of the warbird experience ride program, and operate on a non-experimental license (I believe it is a Limited license, but don't quote me).  Casting aluminum does not have the same strength characteristics of 2024.  Milling the center out of the tube might work if the spar tube was 6 inches long.  As it is, they are 300 inches long.  Chemical milling?  Looked into that.  Nested tubes riveted together to get the right thicknesses?  *THAT'S* a lot of tubes, work, money, and it would STILL need FAA approval.  Carbon Fiber?  They use that on wings these days, but the wing spars are still aluminum.  The rivets would need to be a different metal, due to the epoxies and other material associated with carbon fiber parts - Remember Boeing and their problems with the 787 fasteners?  Not to mention the HUNDREDS of rivets in each Spar Tube.  That would need to be looked at by engineers.
Probably the easiest way to get any wing spar problem solved is to make the Spar Tubes just like Boeing did.  They have lasted this long, haven't they?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/342890831_760985242222541_38960698147631-2796801.jpg

one of the reply comments states that it is estimated to cost approx $500k to make this retrofit do to a complex square aluminum tubing required that isn't really manufactured anymore, but was very common back then.
View Quote

Would making them out of steel be offset by the deleting of armor and other weight-saving measures to make it feasible?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Would making them out of steel be offset by the deleting of armor and other weight-saving measures to make it feasible?
View Quote

You'd still need FAA approval, and you now have dissimilar metals riveted together. (No bueno)

I concur with the above; it's probably best to rebuild the originals.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:04:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Remember, the B-17s are part of the warbird experience ride program, and operate on a non-experimental license (I believe it is a Limited license, but don't quote me).
View Quote

The CFR prohibits both Experimental (like the B-24 and B-29) and Limited (like the B-17 and B-25) category aircraft from carrying people or cargo for hire.

The Living History Flight Experience (LHFE) program is an exemption granted on a by-N-Number individual aircraft basis to historically-significant aircraft in these categories to give paid rides.

There is another "commercial air tours" 91.147 Letter of Authorization that aircraft with Standard Type Certificates (like the T-6, C-45, Stearman, C-47, etc) conduct their ride flights under.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:20:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Watch a group of people form up in 2032 and build one from scratch using modern processes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.  In the early 2000's some retired Boeing engineers made a deal with the DoD to rebuild a navy stored ME-262, provided they got to blueprint it.  They cranked out I think 7 airframes with modern safety stuff, but otherwise accurate to the plans for a couple million a pop.  I did my senior writing project on them.  I just wish I knew what I did with the swag they sent me.

Paul Allen's collection is set up to make parts from 3d scanned broken bits, etc.  Tech is going to make it a lot easier to restore stuff in the future.  Hell when the price on laser sintering printers goes down, there will be a huge uptick in rare car parts, etc.
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Vintage Aviation Museum

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/46582/342890831_760985242222541_38960698147631-2796801.jpg

View Quote

I'm not a big materials guy, but would friction stir welding be more feasible on that over regular welding, or is it more of a heat is heat kind of thing for brittle welds?
Link Posted: 4/27/2023 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm not a big materials guy, but would friction stir welding be more feasible on that over regular welding, or is it more of a heat is heat kind of thing for brittle welds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vintage Aviation Museum

Heat is heat.  Feds required our shop to do test samples and send them off to a lab for confirmation that the heat treat was not changed, when they found out our avionics tech had set up a (relatively) low powered CNC laser machine to cut stencils for the markings on the instrument panels (not primary structure like a spar).  Even though this particular laser isn't powerful enough to etch the surface of the aluminum at full power, we are not allowed to run it above (if my memory isn't off) 20% power, because of the FAA's concerns about altering the heat treat of the aluminum.

ETA: An additional part of the problem is that how strict the FAA is on the tech/maintenance side of things, will vary depending on which regional office you are dealing with, similar to past complaints about what the ATF will enforce at gun shows varying from region to region.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top