Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
All have been for a long time stopped goin when I couldn't get my cal count for $4.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I a world where Taco Bell exists, why would one ever choose McDonald's.

Having said that, TB is $10 a head now.
View Quote

I get a custom cravings box for $6 in the app.  Enough for a small meal and a snack or one large meal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Medium sized meal is like $6.49 without tax on the App.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Throw away the bun from one and make it a single sandwich
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Daily deals.

Two QPC or Big Mac or 10 piece nuggets, or mix two.

$5

Only way to get affordable mcdonalds is the app. The normal pricing is app only.

2x Quarter pounders for $5.60 after tax, then get some fries. Except I cannot eat 2x quarter pounders and still function.

Throw away the bun from one and make it a single sandwich

Throw away a bun from each if you are worried about carbs.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kommiefornia Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 1228, which sets a $20 minimum wage for fast-food workers starting on April 1, 2024. The fast-food employee minimum wage will increase annually until 2029, based on the Consumer Price Index.
View Quote

That’s why it’s cheaper to order from the app! Less opportunities for theft from the registers, and a potential of literally hundreds of thousands of dollars saved per location in wages and associated costs for FOH workers…

It’s a win-win for both company and customer
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Root cause:

FJB

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah that's a $12 meal today.
View Quote
I remember when it was under $5 and was King sized.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got to pay for $15 minimum wage some how!
View Quote

People don’t think $15-$20/hr minimum wage be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I ate at Arby's earlier this week - the attendant seemed annoyed.  Back in the day, the main reason to eat at Arby's was the 4 for 5$ special.  Apparently while an original is now $4.50 - apparently some specials are still programed into the computer (I did not see them advertised anywhere).  I accidentally ordered the everyday special that was 2 for $7.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
We had noticed that McDonald's By us charges way too much in relation to their competitors.. I have cut back on eating beef anyway, so when I do go for a burger it's unlikely to be from them.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Used to go there for breakfast fairly regularly. It was like $5.50 for large hot coffee two sausage egg mcmuffin. This is not that long ago.

Last time I went it was 12 dollars.

I won't be going back. That was simply obscene.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Use the app to order.
Good deals are there.

I’ll stop in the morning on the way to work and get a Sausage and egg McMuffin and a large sweet tea. My total is $2.70 with tax
View Quote

You ever wonder why things are a fraction of the price if you just put their worm in your phone?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got to pay for $15 minimum wage some how!

I would think real estate and utilities would be a bigger expense than minimum wage labor. But I’ve never owned a McDonalds.

A seafood place by me went out of business over 10-years ago because their lease was $28,000 a month. You have to sell a lot of drinks and fish to cover that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I travel for work and have to eat out weekly or grab fast food if I'm short on time.

Restaurant prices have definitely gone up, but probably not as drastic as fast food.

McDonalds burger combo easy $11-12. Same for Arbys.

Subway footlong combo $15 now.

I can go to a Mexican restaurant for not much more than that.

There are deals though, but you gotta use their apps.

View Quote

Everywhere is like that. Safeway sells stuff for 90% off sometimes, but you gotta use their app. What is it about them having their app in your phone that's so fucking valuable.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You ever wonder why things are a fraction of the price if you just put their worm in your phone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Use the app to order.
Good deals are there.

I’ll stop in the morning on the way to work and get a Sausage and egg McMuffin and a large sweet tea. My total is $2.70 with tax

Hate to break it to you, but if you have a smart phone that app is probably the least of your worries.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Costco chicken for the win.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#18]
A little food trailer opened up here not long ago called The Chuckwagon, and I kept hearing that their smash burgers and their breakfast items were really good.  I stopped and got the double smash burger and fries, and it was a good sized burger with all the sides and was delicious.  And only $11 plus a tip.

Working from home, my lunches are whatever I have in the fridge.  Once in a great while if I have to get out to run errands over lunch, I might hit Taco Bell for a chicken quesadilla combo or a taco pizza, or Subway for a cold cut combo.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:50:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They are making record profits.

People like garbage food and don’t care what it costs.
View Quote

There will be an extinction curve.  I used to be fine picking up cheap fast food from the bargain chains.  Now pretty much only if its all that's around.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Everywhere is like that. Safeway sells stuff for 90% off sometimes, but you gotta use their app. What is it about them having their app in your phone that's so fucking valuable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I travel for work and have to eat out weekly or grab fast food if I'm short on time.

Restaurant prices have definitely gone up, but probably not as drastic as fast food.

McDonalds burger combo easy $11-12. Same for Arbys.

Subway footlong combo $15 now.

I can go to a Mexican restaurant for not much more than that.

There are deals though, but you gotta use their apps.

You. They are selling your info to others.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#21]
McDonalds is buy one get one for a $1 McDouble. So $4.50 for 2. Add med fries, and a Large tea your still under $10....

Honestly every other place is insane. God's Chicken, Wendy's, Hardee's, Burger King  Arby's all at least $15....
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#22]
The price of a meal combo roughly matches the employee hourly wage.

See what the hikes do? Thanks government idiots.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Download the app and start using the coupons, the one for 20% off runs all the time

But yes, the prices are insane
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Remember the “Dollar Menu”? It’s the “Three Dollar Menu” now.
View Quote

Technically it’s the 1/2/3 Dollar menu, and nothing on it is cheaper than like $2.89
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You won't have OSHA to worry about either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I got from this map is that I should probably move to Pakistan.

You won't have OSHA to worry about either.

The locals will have to get used to a guy wearing work boots and safety glasses.

I enjoy my toes and eyes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#26]
The cost of living must be really high where ever y'all are at, because a bacon quarter pounder meal w/ large fries and large soda is only $10.19 plus tax here.

A bacon double quarter pounder meal is only a dollar more.  I think that's the most expensive meal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Why do you guys keep posting BS about minimum wage increasing the prices?

Here is a map of worldwide minimum wage (monthly, not hourly) vs the cost of a Big Mac in that same area.

There is zero correlation to minimum wage and what McDonalds charges.

It's all about how much profit they can get and what people are willing to pay.

I mean, I walked into a McDonalds last year and they had 3 employees and 10 touchscreen computers there.

With more automation, McDonalds doesn't have to pay for a dozen minimum wage workers.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I live in Idaho. These dude is over-sensationalizing. Download the app, BOGO Big and QPC everyday.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#29]
2 beers and a burger and sweet potato fries at the bar is $16. Cheaper if I have tap beer. McDonalds can get bent.

I had an 8oz sirloin sandwich and fries with 2 beers for $20 Friday for lunch. Better than any fast food joint.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#30]
With the McDonalds App, get 2 Big Macs for $5.29.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#31]
You didn't really think that three for free was really free, did you?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I live in Idaho. These dude is over-sensationalizing. Download the app, BOGO Big and QPC everyday.
View Quote

That's one of the main reasons why McDonalds has high prices.

They want you to download the app.

The app provides valuable analytics and tracking.

It also makes consumers more often to order again because of the installed app.

Just one more company forcing you into an app/subscription mode.

This is the newest version of going to a cash register and the person asking for your phone number.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't eat fast food enough to worry about their prices,  but it is ridiculous at this point.

What's worse is its just as bad or worse at regular restaurants. Used to be nice to take the family out for a nice meal occasionally. Not as often nowadays.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Weimar Germany, Zimbabwe, Venezuela

“And so it begins…”
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Inworked at McDonald's my senoir year in hs and freshman year in college. I remember when a cheeseburger went to 27 cents from a quarter. Something like that. These prices are fucking crazy.
View Quote

Was that like 1903?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here is a map of worldwide minimum wage (monthly, not hourly) vs the cost of a Big Mac in that same area.

I mean, I walked into a McDonalds last year and they had 3 employees and 10 touchscreen computers there.

With more automation, McDonalds doesn't have to pay for a dozen minimum wage workers.

https://i.imgur.com/ube7gH9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/cWcKbFr.png
View Quote

This is funny ( the chart)

Because this was Canada this week at Costco.

Remember cost is CAD.  1 CAD = .$73 USD.

That $1.50  is really $1.095 USD

Now just look at McDonalds pricing. How does Costco pull this off and McDonalds is only a few cents off per USD?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
McDonalds is buy one get one for a $1 McDouble. So $4.50 for 2. Add med fries, and a Large tea your still under $10....

Honestly every other place is insane. God's Chicken, Wendy's, Hardee's, Burger King  Arby's all at least $15....
View Quote

Around here, a Wendy's Biggie Bag is still $5 plus tax (with double cheeseburger or chicken sandwich, four nuggets, fries and drink). $5.59 with upgrade to medium Frosty.

The Arby's Family Meal Deal coupon was (2020) four sliders, four fries, an order of mozzarella sticks, and four beef and cheddars for $12.
2023...two beef and cheddars, 12 chicken nuggets, four fries...$15.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/gvDhXRv/received-694331402627209.jpg

Now just look at McDonalds pricing. How does Costco pull this off and McDonalds is only a few cents off per USD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/gvDhXRv/received-694331402627209.jpg

Because it's Costco's choice!

The CEO has come out and said he wants the fast food prices to stay low.

And guess what? Costco pays above minimum wage.

Again, McDonalds prices have nothing to do with minimum wage in the area.

It's all based off analytics and what people are willing to pay in that area.

I mean, what happens in 10 years when it's all robots in the kitchen and touchscreens to take your orders?

The CEO at McDonalds will no longer be able to use the narrative that minimum wage is the reason why the prices are so high.

Or to blame the government. Like it's Biden's fault a McDonalds Big Mac costs so much in South America.

And by looking at this thread, it seems that false narrative has convinced a lot of the general public to get mad at the wrong people.

McDonalds is having record setting profits and constant lines around the block.

Of course they don't want to look like the bad guys and admit the raise in prices is 100% about profit.

So they try to convince the public it's all about minimum wage and how McDonalds is "forced" to raise prices because of it.

So the public gets mad at the people wanting minimum wage adjusted to inflation and not McDonalds corporate.

Again, look at this chart and stop reposing "but muh $15 an hour" narrative.

If that's the case, look at the below charts and explain the difference in pricing when you see countries next to each with significantly different minimum wages but the burgers are still ridiculously expensive?

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Convenience has its price.

Go figure.
View Quote

Which is what I was also going to post.

If you walk into McDonalds to skip the line, or get into the drive through without pre-ordering. You're paying almost double.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fast food is for retards
View Quote

This. Fast food is over priced, grease pit garbage. Mexican food is about the only thing thats fast and not total trash.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

you can't really compare min wage from the US to other countries because you don;t have free healthcare in the US.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#43]
I got 5 burgers a large fry and two drinks for 19.

People like op and stlnik don't know ow how to order there. Use the app gramps.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was a not-so-happy meal.

An enraged McDonald’s customer says the fast food franchise is no longer affordable for ordinary Americans, calling the company’s contemporary prices “crazy.”

“So, I get there’s a labor shortage, I get there’s wage increases and a number of other things,” Idaho man Christopher Olive began in a viral TikTok clip, which has recently resurfaced.

“But $16? $16 for a burger, a large fry and a drink? It’s just crazy!” the flabbergasted content creator complained, panning to his itemized receipt from a McDonald’s restaurant in the city of Post Falls.

View Quote

So oddly enough my GF and I were doing some running around a couple weekends back and she wanted Wendy's.

As a rule since I am diabetic I avoid eating stuff like that if at all possible but I though "sure a salad couldn't be too bad"

Mistake.

Went inside and the place was a mess and when I wen tto wash my hands, I actually felt dirtier after being in the bathroom.

Horrible. The. Whole. Thing.

NEVER AGAIN.

That really cemented my decision to just wait until I get home to have things I know are not tainted.

Plus the cost was silly.

Yep never again.

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The cost of living must be really high where ever y'all are at, because a bacon quarter pounder meal w/ large fries and large soda is only $10.19 plus tax here.

A bacon double quarter pounder meal is only a dollar more.  I think that's the most expensive meal.
View Quote

"Only $10.19 plus tax." LOL
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:34:45 PM EDT
[#46]
I eat out for lunch. It's just as much for a sit down restaurant and tip as it is for fast food.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Breakfast items are about as much nowadays
View Quote

This^^^^ When I’m traveling I get McD breakfast. Lately I’ve been looking for mom and pops. For a few dollars more I get a real breakfast.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Use the app and/or codes.

You can find some deals.  

I don't eat there but a couple of times a year, but if I do, I use the app.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Neighbors daughter is 16 and just got hired there making $16/hr. Started at $14 but got a $2 raise after her second week.
View Quote

They should pay her $20 an hour. She can barely afford to eat there.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Some of this is very location specific as well.

I know in general around here, McDonald's is on the lower end of the spectrum for combo meal pricing.

I went to a Taco Bell because I had few options while working a job a couple weeks ago, and it's been probably over 10 years since I've stopped at one.

$12 for pretty much all the combo meals. I was kind of shocked. The last time I went (granted a long time ago) I paid $7 for the same meal.

It was actually better than I remembered, but I can pay that much including tip for lunch specials at my local Mexican place and  get twice as much food that is noticeably higher quality.

So, yeah. In the past, you stopped at "Fast Food" joints for the price and convenience. These days, it's 100% about the speed, because you're not saving much unless you happen to be able to go somewhere that is offering good deals.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top