Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of Riot, their new album dropped today.

RIOT V - Mean Streets (Official Music Video)

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is the whole DVD of one of my favorite metal DVD.

Kamelot One Cold Winters Night 2006

And here is The Tyrant.  

JAG PANZER - Take To The Sky (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Some Virgin Steele, epic is as epic does.

Virgin Steele - Life Among the Ruins
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Some more pretty cool female fronted trad.

Castle Rat - Into The Realm (2024)

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a real interesting one. Not quite metal, but a supergroup made of elite metal stars doing a take on goth rock/metal.

Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity, Grand Cadaver, The Halo Effect) on vocals
Markus Vanhala (Insomnium, Omnium Gatherum) on guitar
Santeri Kallio (Amorphis) on keyboards
Victor Brandt (Dimmu Borgir, Entombed, Firespawn) on bass
Vesa Ranta (Sentenced) on drums

CEMETERY SKYLINE - In Darkness (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Agent Steel

Agent Steel - Unstoppable Force (1987)

Fates Warning

Fates Warning - Fata Morgana (HQ)

Helloween

Crimson Glory

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice picks. Don't hear Crimson Glory mentioned outside of metal circles all that often.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh my friend, here is the perfect band for you. Extremely underrated, heavy, thrashy instruments and clean, screaming wails.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh my friend, here is the perfect band for you. Extremely underrated, heavy, thrashy instruments and clean, screaming wails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqSBpkL6d5I
View Quote
hey this is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hey this is pretty cool.
View Quote

One of my favorite hidden gems. These guys made this one album in 1989 and it’s full of killer songs, then they went on their way flying completely under the radar. Made one more album in 2015 but it is nowhere near as great as Absolute Power. These guys should have made it big, but I think 1989 was a bit too late to start in metal since grunge was right around the corner.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Have fun

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I like Melodic Death Metal, because it's easy to sing along to.

Just got done seeing Amon Amarth in concert, just a great band and they put on a damn good live show even though the lead singer was sick that day.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

One of my favorite hidden gems. These guys made this one album in 1989 and it's full of killer songs, then they went on their way flying completely under the radar. Made one more album in 2015 but it is nowhere near as great as Absolute Power. These guys should have made it big, but I think 1989 was a bit too late to start in metal since grunge was right around the corner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hey this is pretty cool.

One of my favorite hidden gems. These guys made this one album in 1989 and it's full of killer songs, then they went on their way flying completely under the radar. Made one more album in 2015 but it is nowhere near as great as Absolute Power. These guys should have made it big, but I think 1989 was a bit too late to start in metal since grunge was right around the corner.

I love finding that kind of stuff. On a previous page I posted a song from Mystic Force, their Eternal Quest album came out in 93 and is just SO good. Power prog kind of stuff, maybe not groundbreaking but really well done. Check it out.
I'll definitely give that whole Absolute Power record a listen.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I love finding that kind of stuff. On a previous page I posted a song from Mystic Force, their Eternal Quest album came out in 93 and is just SO good. Power prog kind of stuff, maybe not groundbreaking but really well done. Check it out.
View Quote

I’m right there with you, love finding the obscure stuff. Definitely gonna give that whole album a listen asap, thanks for the recommendation! Always looking for killer metal for our D&D campaigns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm right there with you, love finding the obscure stuff. Definitely gonna give that whole album a listen asap, thanks for the recommendation! Always looking for killer metal for our D&D campaigns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm right there with you, love finding the obscure stuff. Definitely gonna give that whole album a listen asap, thanks for the recommendation! Always looking for killer metal for our D&D campaigns.

Oh yeah that one is right on theme. Check out Legend - From The Fjords too very early metal, 1979 (straight metal, but Wizard's Vengeance is a cool tune).
You guys better be listening to some dungeon synth too lol.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#17]
As a long time "underground" metal fan, Candlemass or old Merciful Fate are about the only clean vocals I like.
Can't stand the rest of the shit in this thread.
Its just too clean and polished for my taste.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh yeah that one is right on theme. Check out Legend - From The Fjords too very early metal, 1979 (straight metal, but Wizard's Vengeance is a cool tune).
You guys better be listening to some dungeon synth too lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6x6arYUMYQ
View Quote

That’s killer!! And for sure, definitely throwing in some dungeon synth as well. And symphonic stuff like loooooots of early Tarja era Nightwish
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I like Melodic Death Metal, because it's easy to sing along to.

Just got done seeing Amon Amarth in concert, just a great band and they put on a damn good live show even though the lead singer was sick that day.
View Quote
I like melo death because it's fun to play. Though I'm no virtuoso
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a long time "underground" metal fan, Candlemass or old Merciful Fate are about the only clean vocals I like.
View Quote
Big Candlemass fan myself.

Big fan of doom metal as a whole. Electric Wizard being one of my favorites, and the best concert I've ever gone to.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Black Sabbath - Heaven And Hell

Judas Priest - Victim Of Changes

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due - Megadeth (original version)

Old Man Gloom + Baroness + Candiria + Potion cover Danzig's "Snakes of Christ"
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Big fan of doom metal as a whole. Electric Wizard being one of my favorites, and the best concert I've ever gone to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Candlemass is epic.  Though I much prefer their original, and now current vocalist.  Though his voice is not what it was on that first masterpiece.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Candlemass is epic.  Though I much prefer their original, and now current vocalist.  Though his voice is not what it was on that first masterpiece.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer Messiah Marcolin. But I enjoy all of their work.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
RAM "The Trap" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

And from Canada

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#25]
These are more prog, and are softer examples at that.  However, the Polish take their prog seriously and these are excellent bands.

Retrospective - Lunch (Live session) (Official Video)

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top