User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just went through this this summer, had an rc10t as a kid and wanted something to do on the weekends besides shoot and drink.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/38811/564A36F5-4738-40D1-8CEF-B325B6B05CCA-957804.jpg
View Quote
Now, when you drink, you'll get the idea to shoot at moving targets strapped to the top of the cars.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are a lot of 3D STLs on thingiverse for RC10 suspension and even the stealth tranny housing.

Is it possible to find the gear sets to build the Stealth tranny still?

If so I could likely build up a fun car again once I get my printer set to print Nylon.
View Quote
I checked Thingiverse last night thinking there would probably be RC10 parts on their. I have a CR10 at home that I am trying to setup to print ABS. It would be cool to be able to print RC10 parts in nylon as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Damn you ARF.com..... damn you!!!

Prior to my 10+ years of membership, I never realized how much 'stuff' I was missing out on and had to add to my life...

First it was gun gear... (shoulder things that go up, etc..)
Then it was astronomy/telescopes....
Then smokers....
Then bbq charcoal grills...
Then flat top grills....
LED Tvs....
More gun gear....
Home theater NAS systems...
Home security systems....
I can't even remember it all...

Now midlife crisis rc cars....

Damn you I say! Damn you!!!!
View Quote
You could have it worse.

Some of my Grail RC stuff is in the thousands for original NIB items.

Uses is sometimes almost as much.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm now 40 and looking to relive my youth (very early years) and get an RC10 remote control car. Lol. I had so much fun with the one I had in the early 90's and for sentimental reasons have had thoughts lately of getting another. What say the hive?  Nice gold chassis Rc10's look to be really expensive, although I don't know that they actually sell for the high prices. Unfortuanetly it appears I am too late for the recent re-issue that was released.
View Quote
I’ve got one I’ll sell you, I impulse bought it at the hobby shop back in the day, built just like the box and all.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The contract I signed with Porsche contractually obligates me to post this:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/1715/5059CCF7-A7C9-445D-80E7-CDAD9960C0FF-914114.jpg
View Quote
They got you to sign too?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’ve got one I’ll sell you, I impulse bought it at the hobby shop back in the day, built just like the box and all.
View Quote
Please let me know the details.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:30:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a MX-5 Miata, best toy you will ever own.
View Quote
Just don't form a Miata Club without the permission of the dominant MC in your state.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had no idea the RC10 was still around

Back in the 80s I worked in a R/C hobby shop. I built and sold a ton of RC10s for our customers.

Team Associated/Losi was king back then.
View Quote
Last I looked they were very expensive on eBay and no unbuilt kits. I had a base RC10T in the early 90's that I added ball bearings and oil filled shocks to. Also a more powerful motor and an ESC. It was totally awesome and got me interested in wrenching.

In college I bought an Ofna Hodr gas car that was huge (1:8?) and 4WD but I never got it running. It was supposed to do 80 mph...
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got a reissue Lunchbox that is a ton of fun and an original Stadium Blitzer that I need some parts for. I always wanted a Kyosho Optima. I wish they would reissue those, they're expensive as hell if you can find them.
View Quote
https://www.amainhobbies.com/1-10-scale-electric-kits-cars-trucks/c7604?s=optima
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Any pointers on how I could go about sneaking a Losi Five-T into the house?  
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any pointers on how I could go about sneaking a Losi Five-T into the house?  
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I'm gonna need a bigger bag than that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:08:07 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Take up hockey?
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys I just picked this up. Its dirty, has a broken front rim, and the front sway bar is messed up. I now need to get it cleaned up and figure what electronics are needed to make it run. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guys I just picked this up. Its dirty, has a broken front rim, and the front sway bar is messed up. I now need to get it cleaned up and figure what electronics are needed to make it run. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

https://i.ibb.co/VJc9LSJ/20190822-194243.jpg
View Quote
God that brings back memory’s

You can go from mild to wild nowadays.

Everything is better and cheaper.

I just switched out my radio for a futaba 3pv, really nice controller, my crawler is getting spectrum dx5c. Really good radios for the money.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait to see if Team Associated will do another re-release of the Worlds Car or the original gold pan.

I'm the same way as you, I got bit by the nostaligic bug and ended up picking up a World's Car.

The World's car was the pinnacle of production RC10s. Had all of the top parts (Stealth transmission, black tub, upgraded suspension, anodized shocks, misc graphic parts, etc..) I picked mine up a few years back for $180 as a rolling chassis.

They may pop on ebay from time but most are overpriced.

The pinnacle of RC10 is still Misami's "Stealth Car." You can actually buy the parts now to make a copy of it.
Here is a cool thread on RC10 talk. They have a great vintage forum btw.
https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37210

Such a sexy car at the time. I remember even RC Car Action couldn't get pictures of the chassis under the body because it was so top secret.

Almost a 30 year old design yet looks so modern.

Link Posted: 8/22/2019 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wait to see if Team Associated will do another re-release of the Worlds Car or the original gold pan.

I'm the same way as you, I got bit by the nostaligic bug and ended up picking up a World's Car.
View Quote
That's what I'm really hoping for (TA doing another run of the classic or the worlds car). I'd really like to put one together and keep it 100% pristine. So far the reissues ive seen on eBay are way too pricey for me. Granted I just started looking a few days ago.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Are all you guys fucked in the head?

Worse than CrossFit tards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a DJI quadcopter. Infinitely more fun.
Are all you guys fucked in the head?

Worse than CrossFit tards.
I can't speak for all quadcopter owners but yes, I am.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top