User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 5:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kalifornia, baby. Just set up a tent on the beach until you can get your feet on the ground!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Kalifornia, baby. Just set up a tent on the beach until you can get your feet on the ground!

Thanks for the laugh.

Quoted:
If you're really serious about this, I would suggest looking for a place that has (for you and your resources) nice long growing seasons. I'm betting that you already thought of this, but I figured it couldn't hurt to say it.

Yes, we have thought about this and have included it in our planning.

I've taken many (most?) of the suggestions in this thread and put them into an Excel spreadsheet with columns for land price, taxes (property, income, & sales tax), politics, CCW & Constitutional Carry, State Politics, homeschool laws, climate, rainfall, ground water, proximity to the church of our denomination, hunting rules/season/game variety, and any more I can think of.

If you are hearing on TV that Europe is relaxing restrictions, it's a huge lie, media propaganda. They are relaxing for the vaxxed, and in many ways they are increasing the restrictions non the unvaxxed.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2022/feb/08/france-greece-and-portugal-relax-covid-travel-restrictions-as-half-term-nears

France, Greece and Portugal relax Covid travel restrictions as half-term nears

As more of us are considering heading abroad again, travel restrictions in a number of popular tourist destinations have been relaxed.

France, Portugal and Greece have each updated their entry requirements for fully vaccinated travellers, with changes coming into effect in time for half-term.

My wife visited the doc yesterday (she is expecting) and the doctors reaction absolutely cemented in our minds our decision to flee this place. Without all the details, he pretty much strong armed her for an hour to get vaxxed, told her that people like her are the reason for the epidemic and that (because she is pregnant) it is more important than ever to get vaxxed to protect the new baby. He shunned her and then put a big red "refuses covid vax" in her book. She came home crying, it was horrible.

I'd like to offer thanks to all who have given their honest and helpful advice. Despite the few trolls, this thread has been extremely helpful.

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Florida.....
North of I4....
West of 95...
I live in the Ocala natl forest.
35 miles to any China mart...population here is under 2k.
Not the 1k acres I dream of. But it's not police sirens, booming rap music or other city noises 24/7.

Except......if the Mexicans are partying....then it's full blown bachatta  Ranchero and reggaton till 2 am
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 11:59:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The free state of Florida.
You can live here year-round with no heat or air conditioning if you had to. Electric rates are lower than national average.
You can get water anywhere and pump it with a traditional pitcher pump the groundwater is so high. We have the largest cow calf operation in the United States at the Deseret Ranch and the county I live in has more cows than people.
Gardens grow year round.
No state income tax.
Recently announced that there are now more registered Republicans in Florida than Democrats. Trump won here both elections.
Concealed Carry Permits are easy to get here and open carry is kind of a mixed bag, but you can carry one in your car with no permit whatsoever.
Pond in front yard is fine for flushing toilets or irrigation etc but with the hand pump I can drink the same water I drink now so I don't really need to worry about purifying upon water.
It's 55° at 11:30 p.m. on January 13th. Compare that to some of the other suggestions, LOL! And Florida has more rain than any other of the lower 48 states. Cisterns and rain barrels work pretty well here too.
https://i.imgur.com/7Apz5fT.jpeg
View Quote

What he said.  Specifically to check all of your boxes, I'd recommend NW FL Milton/Jay area.  Plenty of farm land, rural, rivers/ponds everywhere.  County has publicly declared itself 2A friendly.  Very conservative area and about a half hour to Pensacola.   Oh, and good schools in Santa Rosa too.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
South Dakota
Black Hills
View Quote

No rain
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:07:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Northern MN. Jobs farm land out of the way lots of area and water
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like OP needs to move to Missouri, maybe around the Springfield area.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like OP needs to move to Missouri, maybe around the Springfield area.
View Quote

OP here: that area is in the top 3.

Every day, we are reminded that this is the right decision.  We saw this today:

EU Digital COVID Certificate for Travel to Be Extended for Another Year, Until June 30, 2023

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-digital-covid-certificate-to-be-extended-for-another-year-until-june-30-2023/

To fly into or out of Spain you must show your "green pass."  This is your covid passport and is only valid so long as you have the latest booster shot (we're coming up on shot #4).  Without this pass, no airplanes, no restaurants, no sports events, no museums, and so on.  The news you hear in the US media that Europe is 'relaxing' the restrictions is a lie.

We have picked up our packing pace today...
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Central or East Tn
View Quote

West TN away from Memphis is great and cheaper. But not as good as Mid/East
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:17:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hi all,

Old time member, been inactive for a while.  We moved to Europe some years ago but the covid is turning this place into a dictatorial dystopian hell.  We're always worried that someone is going to jam a needle into our kid's arms.

We've decided to move back to the US and I'm looking for some advice on where to move.  While we're not sure that this scenario will play out we do believe that it is a possibility, and if it does occur, we may see some period of worldwide famine.  

Its already too lte for nearly 1.5 billion human beings who may die from covid vaccines

We are concerned about this and we're looking for a way to be able to sustain ourselves in regards to food, ie, a small farm.

If where you live fits these requirements or you know of a place that does, I'd love to hear from you and your views/opinions on this subject.

We're looking for a place to live:

* Has natural rainfall

* Has a natural water supply (pre-industrialization) in the form of a pond, lake, running stream/river and/or access to ground water.  I have a concern that if dams fail and/or there is an energy crunch and no ability to move water under power.

* Is a red state

* The state government respects a citizen's rights to make their own medical decisions and doesn't believe in pushing immoral and illegal mandates

* A pro-gun state that believes in the 2nd amendment

* Has pro-carry laws

* And of course, we're looking for a 'conservative' area

* We would like to be "out of the way" - somewhere that won't get a lot of attention, a bit secluded, can I say rural?  Can't be too far from a big city.

* Looking for lots of nature

I appreciate anyone and everyone's input.

Disclaimer: I'm not looking for a covid debate.  I believe you have a right to your own opinions and to make your own health choices.  I respect your right to make your own decisions and I expect that you will respect mine
View Quote

Quoted:
Central or East Tn
View Quote
I'll add bluegrass country to this.

South/central or eastern Ky is where my wife and I are looking to purchase as well.  We have a lame-duck occupant of the governor's office and hopefully by God's grace, that will change in the next election.  Our A.G. is a fantastic person and the state legislature is occupied by some amazing lawmakers.

Certain areas of Ky have land available for $1000 per acre and you can quickly get to $10k per acre if you want to be closer to hospitals.

We have constitutional carry.

If you elect to get a concealed weapon's license, it will bypass the NICS requirement on a 4473.

NFA friendly.

You can hunt with suppressors.

If you want to kill coyotes with a D-60, you can.

Godspeed on your journey.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top