User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well I foresee more homeless and more suicides and more robberies and on the rise in the future.
View Quote
I foresee millenials becoming the new generation of politicians and passing laws that increase wealth redistribution and add means-testing for social security. Don't worry, they'll fix this mess.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think you'll find that if you reread my posts I'm not blaming anyone but myself.  I pointed out that i did things pretty close to how you did them and how much more different the outcomes were.  I go through the same thing with all the guys i work with, as I'm the youngest guy in the office at 33.

If i were to blame anyone it would be my parents for pushing me to go back to college instead of taking a few technical courses.  That, and the "do it like i did it" mentality.  I'd probably be making 3/4 of what i make an hour now, but I'd have no educational debt and be able to work overtime.

To be perfectly honest, i consider myself to be pretty lucky.  I had a job right out of school with great benefits.  There were more than a few people i graduated with taking low paid and un-paid internships because no one was hiring.  Then i listen to the guy behind me saying he had 3 offers from companies right out of school, lol.

I guess all that makes me an idiot though...
View Quote
No at 33, you have plenty of time.
I know people in their 40s and 50s that haven't given a thought to their future. Living for today, I guess, but know people older and younger doing the same, so not generational.

And to be honest, I wish I wouldn't have spent the time and money I did on college.
Most of my family stayed in the trades and were well established before I was even really getting started.

Plus the PD/FD route many took.
Set for life, start second career, if desired, late 40s.

And curious that you were a welder/ machinist: my HS dropout brother did that for 14 years before changing careers. But he is a HARD worker and always has a few side gigs going as well. Plus, he seems to have either very good instincts or is very lucky. Not sure which, but funny thing is he doesn't really even care about money.
His DD is over 350k. We pulled the old panelling out of his house and hung drywall. Been waiting for tape. Since July of 1990.

Good luck brother!
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm 34, I've worked since I was 14.  And I'll work till the day I die.  I've known this for a long time.  It is, what it is.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#5]
My retirement plan is to abandon everything I have and move deep into the woods. From there I will be a hermit, living off berries and worms until I die of natural causes.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top