User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tell me his Boomer grandparents aren’t active in his life without telling me.
View Quote

Not sure where you got that from his post. Both of my boys were speech delayed and grandpa is super active.

Of course, now they don't shut the f up
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny thread.  Every post is “not my kid”.  But every parent views their own child as great.  I also think my kids are the best.  But realistically, they can’t all be the best.  It’s kind of like how 80% of drivers rate themselves above average.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You guys have been busy.
View Quote

I fuck

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Generation Alfalfa…
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Funny thread.  Every post is "not my kid".  But every parent views their own child as great.  I also think my kids are the best.  But realistically, they can't all be the best.  It's kind of like how 80% of drivers rate themselves above average.
View Quote

you're not the typical billy badass billionaire b**ma MMA fighter tough guy hard case pronstar chef navy squeal GDer with the harem of hairless below their eyelashes 20 year old yurpean supermodels, brodog?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I fuck

View Quote

I was going to guess Catholic
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Funny thread.  Every post is “not my kid”.  But every parent views their own child as great.  I also think my kids are the best.  But realistically, they can’t all be the best.  It’s kind of like how 80% of drivers rate themselves above average.
View Quote

I don't think anyone is necessarily saying their kid is the best, only the don't fit the description laid out in the article which isn't a particularly high bar.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kudo's to you for doing/trying at least. I couldn't take that on.

Alcohol or meth babies? Obviously absent or non existent early parenting.

There are / were always "lost" children in every generation but the numbers seem so much higher these days. Basically any chance of a decent life is over before their first birthday.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My biokids are great. My foster kids are probably doomed. We’re trying to give them what help we can offer while they’re with us.

But my biokids? They’ve had maximum nutrition and opportunity for learning, intellectual and physical development. They’ll be just fine.

What kind of challenges are you running into?

They could barely read when they came to us (ages 7 and 9, and I’m talking baby’s first words board books reading level). They cannot connect actions and consequences.  Basic predictive modeling (i.e. I see rain clouds on the horizon moving toward me, so it will probably rain soon) completely escapes them. If it doesn’t involve a screen, they have serious difficulties figuring out how it works. They cannot tie their shoelaces such that they stay tied for more than a couple minutes. The younger one couldn’t tie them at all when he came to us, and he still needs to be reminded to use toilet paper and wipe his backside after he drops a deuce. Serious issues with uncontrolled impulsivity.

Kudo's to you for doing/trying at least. I couldn't take that on.

Alcohol or meth babies? Obviously absent or non existent early parenting.

There are / were always "lost" children in every generation but the numbers seem so much higher these days. Basically any chance of a decent life is over before their first birthday.  

Alcohol and/or meth were probably contributory, especially for the 7 year old. Mama did a stint in rehab shortly after his birth.

And I think the hard numbers are larger now due to a huge increase in population numbers, but if you look at history there have always been plenty of lost children. Just read Charles Dickens or look at times like the French Revolution or London in the days of Jack the Ripper. Of course, a great number of those lost children never made it out of childhood, so we don’t really have a good grasp on how their adulthoods would have affected society.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Most of the families in my Christian home school group are millenials.

We have 40ish families with 150+ kids.

I'd say they're far from doomed.
View Quote
This is why those kids are doing well.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top