Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 77
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your position would be more convincing if you could argue with hard numbers rather than "feelings" and (inevitably biased) think tank studies.

The "struggling" millennials I've talked to simply don't like working.  It's a fact that there are plenty of unfilled well-paying jobs, lenders are still offering mortgages, auto dealers are still selling cars, and hospitals will still deliver babies.  Young couples just need to be willing to work enough to pay the bills, like every generation before them, in order to achieve the American Dream.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Foxtrot08, is it your contention that, due to current monetary policy, it is impossible for millennials to meet the financial goals typically associated with "the American Dream"?
For the vast majority, yes.

Economic think tanks have said for years now, if not decades, that millennials will be the first generation to not do better than their parents generations.

Economic policy and monetary policy is just making that speed up. The damage the inevitable rate increases / deflation will cause is unpredictable. Add in the mixture of the general feelings in the country right now, with the cultural divide.

Your position would be more convincing if you could argue with hard numbers rather than "feelings" and (inevitably biased) think tank studies.

The "struggling" millennials I've talked to simply don't like working.  It's a fact that there are plenty of unfilled well-paying jobs, lenders are still offering mortgages, auto dealers are still selling cars, and hospitals will still deliver babies.  Young couples just need to be willing to work enough to pay the bills, like every generation before them, in order to achieve the American Dream.
What *is* the American dream? And is/has it always been static?

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not having read 9 pages of replies. I'm currently working with a 19 year old kid. He has less than one year on the job. He's paid 38$/hour and 130$ per diem as a welder helper    This is why I don't care what millennials or anybody bitching about not getting by    Yes he works with his hands, in the heat and cold outside and is on the road.  After a while of good decisions he will be set up well to take on life.
That's very impressive, because all the estimates I see say that would pay $16 an hour

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312979/00BEB8F8-1679-4451-9815-AD61DB3A8D50_jpe-2267931.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312979/B5A5AEE8-36BC-4164-8638-AC180A3B54C8_jpe-2267935.JPG

Nope. He’s in the 598 pipeline union Chicago wage scale.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Your command of grammar reeks of millennial apathy.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Foxtrot08, is it your contention that, due to current monetary policy, it is impossible for millennials to meet the financial goals typically associated with "the American Dream"?

Economic think tanks have said for years now, if not decades, that millennials will be the first generation to not do better than their parents generations.

Economic policy and monetary policy is just making that speed up. The damage the inevitable rate increases / deflation will cause is unpredictable. Add in the mixture of the general feelings in the country right now, with the cultural divide.

The facts have been posted in this thread.

If you want, I, millennial, can go back and repost them for you.

Facts are: inflation is killing the buying power of younger generations.

Mortgages? Home prices are at all time highs vs dollars earned.

Cars? Again, inflationary policies piled on top of expensive regulations.  Someone gets called a clown for having a 7 year car payment.  

But hey, you do you. I’m just saying this economic situation is worsening.  The amount of debt the government has taken on now is staggering. The amount of money made out of thin air cannot be fathomed.   And the inevitable cycle of interest rates back up will paralyze boomers in retirement, to Gen Z entering the work force.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I was 18 right now and starting out, I’d prob join the military, get a FREE education, training and experience, travel the world, then go to trade school or college cheaply.  Becoming a plumber or electrician would be very appealing for example.

Starting out with no education debt and lots of skills / experience is invaluable.

Problem is, most people would laugh if that were suggested as their option, going military to earn a education is a sacrifice that is beyond them, he’ll most of those insane $100k bullshit degrees were due to the “ college experience “ where kids expected to party for 4 years and racked up huge debt in the process.

Sacrifice….  when the fact is building a successful life is nothing BUT sacrifice for the first 20 years. The first 20 years SUCKS, your Working shit shifts, doing low man jobs, working overtime, working holidays, weekends, birthdays, taking cheap vacations or taking no vacation / skipping your vacation to save money etc.

Expecting to step out of school and expecting to have your parents lifestyle it took them 30 years to build / afford, and  have the same big house, nice cars, 4 weeks vacation, never do shit jobs etc is delusional.
View Quote

Don't forget that the percentage of the population that is even qualified for military service is shrinking dramatically. Finding qualified candidates is a problem for the military.

If I'd have had my druthers, I would have attended a service academy and gotten my education "free" (on the taxpayer's dime) in exchange for military service, or by ROTC. Unfortunately, when I was 16 I learned that my asthma would keep me out and while relatively mild, it wasn't mild enough that I would have been able to hide it or get a waiver. The closest thing to the GI Bill that I have is Public Service Loan Forgiveness because I've chosen to work in government positions post-law school, so it's not all bad I guess. Except instead of trading 4-6 years, I have to trade 10 (+/-).

Just don't forget that there are an ever-increasing number of individuals who couldn't join even if they wanted to, for reasons outside of their control.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The "struggling" millennials I've talked to simply don't like working.  It's a fact that there are plenty of unfilled well-paying jobs, lenders are still offering mortgages, auto dealers are still selling cars, and hospitals still deliver babies.  Young couples just need to be willing to work enough to pay the bills, like every generation before them, in order to achieve the American Dream.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "struggling" millennials I've talked to simply don't like working.  It's a fact that there are plenty of unfilled well-paying jobs, lenders are still offering mortgages, auto dealers are still selling cars, and hospitals still deliver babies.  Young couples just need to be willing to work enough to pay the bills, like every generation before them, in order to achieve the American Dream.

While I think we’re infested with entitled lazy retards these days… I have zero doubt every generation from today for probably the next 50 years will have a worst standard of living % wise than the one before it.  It’s going to get BAD, QUICKLY. Some will prosper, but the vast majority will have less and less of everything.

In the big picture…. There are ZERO good decisions being made, in fact just the opposite, almost every decision in finance, trade,  budgets, foreign affairs, energy,  etc are being made via huge, shortsighted, selfish , dumbass decisions, by selfish, corrupt, unqualified retards.

This will fuck everyone across the board, cause huge pain that will span generations. It will make the Great Depression look like a small annoyance, vs the decades long shitfest to come.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

.....and the Millennials and Zs overwhelmingly voted for DEMOCRATS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Voting age okay…but who is still the vast majority of the population that votes?  It’s not millennials….it’s wait for it genX and boomers.

Wrong.  The Millennials were the first generation to run voter percentages over the Boomers and Gen X never compromised even 10% of the vote.

.....and the Millennials and Zs overwhelmingly voted for DEMOCRATS.

Boomers elected Carter and Clinton. Young people are typically more liberal. Once they have some things they become more conservative. If you orient your economy so they never have anything, they don’t become more conservative.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Get a job, there's millions of them out there available

Lazy parasites
View Quote

Millennials hold more jobs than any other generation and are more likely to be employed than any other generation.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Again, the silent generation and the greatest generation voted him in.
View Quote

You’re going to have a hard time convincing me that the silent put FDR in office since they didn’t start turning 21 until 1949.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#10]
ITT Boomers bash millennials while envisioning Generation Z because they don't know the difference.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Gen X here. I have a great life now and will even be better at retirement. Millennials can do whatever they want. Don’t care.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Boomers can never admit that millennials are right.

Gen X will never admit they played into the globalist plan too selling out the country.

Millennials will never admit that they complain too much.

Gen Z are just debauchery and nihilism because there is nothing left.

The generations after will be Chinese speaking so I don't know what the mandarin character for slave is.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gen X here. I have a great life now and will even be better at retirement. Millennials can do whatever they want. Don’t care.
View Quote

“Apres mois, les deluges.”

It’s not just for Kings and Boomers anymore.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The don't care attitude, really failed being stewards of America. Damn latchkey 70's kids are Gen Z without the autism and internet.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

While I think we’re infested with entitled lazy retards these days… I have zero doubt every generator from today for probably the next 50 years will have a worst standard of living % wise than the one before it.  It’s going to get BAD, QUICKLY.
In the big picture…. There are ZERO good decisions being made, in fact just the opposite, almost every decision in finance, trade,  budgets, foreign affairs, energy,  etc are being made via huge, shortsighted, selfish , dumbass decisions, by selfish, corrupt, unqualified retards.

This will fuck everyone across the board, cause huge pain that will span generations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I think we’re infested with entitled lazy retards these days… I have zero doubt every generator from today for probably the next 50 years will have a worst standard of living % wise than the one before it.  It’s going to get BAD, QUICKLY.

This will fuck everyone across the board, cause huge pain that will span generations.

Quantified numbers were an omnipresent topic online from about 2006-2016. I know I spammed them in GD. Boomers didn't want to hear it.

Dudes asking for numbers at this point are arguing in bad faith, IMO. If they didn't learn by now they chose not to.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You’re going to have a hard time convincing me that the silent put FDR in office since they didn’t start turning 21 until 1949.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, the silent generation and the greatest generation voted him in.

My fault, brain fart.

I was thinking about Johnson ''great society'' ass that he was. He wasn't wrong in how people would vote if they got welfare even if they stayed poor and in the gutter though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck 'em

I hope they're broke and miserable.  Insufferable little cunts.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuck 'em

View Quote

I enjoy when your types have to work for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My fault, brain fart.

I was thinking about Johnson ''great society'' ass that he was. He wasn't wrong in how people would vote if they got welfare even if they stayed poor and in the gutter though.
View Quote

My grandpa always says they told him if he voted for Goldwater we would be at war in Vietnam in a year. He did, and we were.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Burke devised the classical formulation of what society is. It’s the living, the dead, and the yet to be born. So when I call a lot of you liberals for not caring about what comes after, that’s why.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#21]
This is funny because i work my "Millennial" ass off..... and get everything ive ever wanted because of it.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Work offered elec linesman testing for ANY group or age employee that wanted to try out. Why you ask? Because they are SCREWED when all the late boomers and early gen X retire because the younger generations can't pull their ears or hands off their fvcking phones long enough to get their hands dirty. We are talking about 150-200 K a year jobs and even moving up you get paid damned well plus beni's are damn good. And the company I work for is not the only utility worrying about who the F is going to do the real physical work very shortly.

Gas side is little different, we are F'ed right now, no younger employee has moved up and stayed their for over a DECADE. I am the only "A" tech in my area, we used to have 12 or so but much has been outsourced because work can't get younger employees to actually train and do the work. Outsourcing hasn't been as great as it's made out to be, customers don't like it and quality is SHIT and I talk to my customers. Outsourcers tend to be younger and don't want to do anything that involves getting technical and ripping stuff apart more then the easier work.

In another 20 years I'll likely be dead and modern society will be holding bowls in their hands asking for some spare electricity and gas so they can stay in their little virtual world and keep their fingers warm as they play reality in their fake on line world.

I got out of the Mil in 1985, it was probably one of the suckiest time possible to get decent employment in Michigan, especially in my area. Hell, I had to take a job as a janitor at a temp employment place initially and that paid shit wages and no beni's at all. I did it to get my foot in the door. It worked.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Is this an NFT cause i've got $50k on it!
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Boomer here and getting ready to retire soon.

I worry every day about having enough to live on after my income becomes fixed but I realize time has the most value at this stage in life .

I recognize the challenges facing younger generations but contend those challenges are not unique to them and have to point out that some of those challenges are self inflicted .

Sitting around comparing yourself to the generation that came before you does nothing to get you were you need to be.

To much emphasis has been put on college degrees and always being in a field that makes you happy instead of emphasizing progress and this is where the melinials have missed the boat.

To many young people support socialist ideals and expect government to help them.
Government is not the answer they are the problem.

They tend to ignore the trades in favor of a ridiculously expensive degree and then spend half of their life trying to pay for it while not making as much as their peers are ,in what they see as
less pleasant careers.

I made my way through the trades when they didn't pay shit, hard work in a job I really hated for years to equip myself to finally get a great job in a related industry at 45 yrs old.

Since then I've worked every hour available to me , saved and invested that money to get to a point were it looks like I can retire comfortably.

I truly believe the education system in our country has failed younger people but it has fed off of itself and melinials bare most of the blame for ignoring some of the less comfortable alternatives to a 200k degree.

I stayed in the same small house that I bought in 1986 on a 10.5% mortgage while building my dream home my self with no mortgage. Something I wouldn't have had the skill to do from a college degree.
Home ownership has never been easy and in some ways it's easier now.

I too wondered how in the world we would ever make it when I was young but put my head down and pushed forward.

The boomers didn't have all the same opportunities that the generation before them had either but they had some advantages and the melinials have advantages and disadvantages just like those that came before them.

No doubt the shit show our country is in is making things difficult for all of us but the answer isn't to sit back and feel sorry for yourself while blaming everyone else.

The guys that shake it off and work hard to place themselves in a better position will always come out on top.

Doing that for most will take decades not years .
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck 'em

Fact.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Only sort of related, but why is the damn national debt so high?  Does the government own a $1000 iPhone?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a depressingly common sentiment and often paired with "I got mine - I don't care."

By the way: "Après moi, le déluge" is how it's spelled.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not having read 9 pages of replies. I'm currently working with a 19 year old kid. He has less than one year on the job. He's paid 38$/hour and 130$ per diem as a welder helper    This is why I don't care what millennials or anybody bitching about not getting by    Yes he works with his hands, in the heat and cold outside and is on the road.  After a while of good decisions he will be set up well to take on life.
That's very impressive, because all the estimates I see say that would pay $16 an hour

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312979/00BEB8F8-1679-4451-9815-AD61DB3A8D50_jpe-2267931.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312979/B5A5AEE8-36BC-4164-8638-AC180A3B54C8_jpe-2267935.JPG

We have a thread full of Boomers telling the lazy Millennial fucks to stop bitching, work harder, and pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Here is one of those vaunted trade jobs that doesn't require a degree with a state average of $16/hr!  Meanwhile, the ones making any money are the same communists that got us in this mess.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol, Gen X was told repeatedly that Social Security would be bankrupt long before we were retirement aged…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you listen here bucko, we demand they money we paid in to social security!

Lol, Gen X was told repeatedly that Social Security would be bankrupt long before we were retirement aged…

Yes, that was general knowledge in elementary school. And we were also told that a 4-year degree was necessary for most people to become successful.

The article this thread is about says that millennials have less hope for their futures than the other generations.  It doesn't say you (individually...YOU) shouldn't have hope, it doesn't say you can't have hope.  Clearly from the pathetically blaming and hopeless attitudes in this thread the article is correct.  It's up to you to fix your attitude.

If you don't fix your attitude, you're going to be exactly the disaster you fear.  My boomer parents taught me that, in addition to teaching me how to work my ass off to not be poor, how to plan for my future, and how to respect others and what they have accomplished. Life isn't easy, and it NEVER has been for 95% of people.  We face the same inflation, the same job losses and wage stagnation, the same recessions, the same $1000 phones, the same $500k houses.  If you don't get your attitude headed in a positive direction, make a plan, and work your ass off to see it through, you probably won't find the American Dream.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When you're in your mid to late 30's and on your 4th "once in a lifetime" economic recession.

View Quote

Lol this.

And no doubt our generation bitches about some stupid shit and of course there are those who make bad financial choices.

However hearing boomers bitch about how bad my decisions are while stealing money out of every paycheck I make is a joke.

Here's the thing your money is already gone. The .gov fucked you. You're not entitled to mine. Instead of accepting that fact or going after the
Gov for it back. You help them hold the knife at younger generations throat by pretending that your social security payment isn't money that's being stolen from me every other week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes and no.
As a "millennial" I do see your point about wasting money on stupid expensive shit, which I avoid (except guns/ammo). But also the price of other things is killing us too.

Year over year inflation goes up, but my paycheck has not.
Alot of my coworkers (older and on 2nd jobs) hassle me for not having bought a house yet (trust me, we are trying).

But when I finally show them the market, the lack of homes for sale, and the ridiculously high prices for a house that's not completely trashed they start to get it.

I don't want much at this point in my life. I'd like a reasonable house in an acre or 2, and a 4dr truck that has under 100K miles.
I looked at a truck the other day for $30k. It had 100K miles and wholes I'm the body from rust.
The reality is we (millennials) cannot afford to live the same life styles that our parents lived (assuming same income levels adjusted for inflation).

That's just my thoughts on.
View Quote

If you can't afford a house in the market you are working, you either need to increase your skills so you can earn more, or move to an area with a lower cost of living.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Sample of two but my brother and I are firmly in the middle of the millennial generation and are doing better than our parents and grandparents, who by the way did really good as well. It's hard work and going for industries in demand. The only thing .gov failed my generation on was being fast and loose with student loans and telling kids, via public school, that they needed to get a 4 year degree to make 50k a year with 100k in loan debt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#34]
“Rock the Vote!” Lol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There were a lot of millennials of voting age when the US Nat'l. debt was still at $5.6 trillion.  That was 2001, with the commonly held convention that Millennials were born between 1981-1996.  It didn't pass $10 trillion until 2008, by which time over 1/2 of Millennials were of voting age.

US debt was at $17.8 trillion in 2014, by which time almost all Millennials were of voting age.  So, here we are at over $30 trillion, with Millennials being able to vote during the VAST majority of that debt increase.

Stop blaming everyone else for the national debt.  Your generation is just as culpable as the Boomers and Gen X.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Let’s not forget the increasing number of people who aren’t participating in our economy fully.  There’s a large population of people not having kids, not participating in consumer debt, living in vans, tents, etc…working for short periods of time to get basic needs. People are increasingly making the conscious decisions not to participate in the mess previous generations made.  This will have huge ramifications for the Ponzi scheme that is SS and the plan to have an increasing tax base to facilitate our debt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I wonder if they completed the survey on their $1,000+ IPhone wearing $200 shoes while drinking an $8 Starbucks coffe?
View Quote

i am a millennial and through my experience, I approve this message. our generation has put fun before work and is now feeling the consequences. I've told many of my cohort over the last 10 years that if you don't use discipline now, your future will be bleak. the few that have listened have done extremely well.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:51:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm a millennial. Fuck them. Whiny fucks.

I started off broke, earned a degree, got a career, paid off all my debts. Married a girl, paid off her debts too. Moved across the country, bought a house. About to have kids and am not worried. How did I get here? Working my ass off.

Only losers blame others for their failings.
View Quote

This right here. That being said, those crying are the ones who financed a house in student loans to become a bartender in Denver and can’t fathom why they aren’t the next Carrie Bradshaw. ZFG. Hopefully their kids learn from it and those responsible manage to pay off the school note before they kick the bucket.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes and no.
As a "millennial" I do see your point about wasting money on stupid expensive shit, which I avoid (except guns/ammo). But also the price of other things is killing us too.

Year over year inflation goes up, but my paycheck has not.
Alot of my coworkers (older and on 2nd jobs) hassle me for not having bought a house yet (trust me, we are trying).

But when I finally show them the market, the lack of homes for sale, and the ridiculously high prices for a house that's not completely trashed they start to get it.

I don't want much at this point in my life. I'd like a reasonable house in an acre or 2, and a 4dr truck that has under 100K miles.
I looked at a truck the other day for $30k. It had 100K miles and wholes I'm the body from rust.
The reality is we (millennials) cannot afford to live the same life styles that our parents lived (assuming same income levels adjusted for inflation).

That's just my thoughts on.
View Quote

I am enjoying a much higher standard of living than either of my parents ever have.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I am enjoying a much higher standard of living than either of my parents ever have.
View Quote

Same, but I also didn’t take on many of the liabilities they did. Still they rocked both in principles and practice.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This and the fact that financial responsibility is in no way, shape, or form taught in school.

That $20 a day at Starbucks adds up ($7300 a year), etc. The bespoke barber, the expensive clothing, etc.

They just don't want to shift their money to "unimportant" things like savings or better quality housing. I'm sick of hearing about student loans, people took the loans out, sorry you didn't get a physical item out of it, and you didn't get your dream job of herding ferrets that pays a million dollars a year.
View Quote

If people would refuse to go into serious debt for everyday college degrees, they would be forced to lower the price to attract students.  They maximize their profit by discovering how much debt you are willing to assume.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:55:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I’m a millennial, but I have gen x work ethic. I’m happy as can be financially. I always want more, but who doesn’t?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I’m more worried about the boomers who think this generation is going to take care of them and let them keep the wealth they’ve accumulated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess that’s your answer.

Sad, really.

Well, good luck to you…you’re going to need it.

I’m more worried about the boomers who think this generation is going to take care of them and let them keep the wealth they’ve accumulated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Lol this.

And no doubt our generation bitches about some stupid shit and of course there are those who make bad financial choices.

However hearing boomers bitch about how bad my decisions are while stealing money out of every paycheck I make is a joke.

Here's the thing your money is already gone. The .gov fucked you. You're not entitled to mine. Instead of accepting that fact or going after the
Gov for it back. You help them hold the knife at younger generations throat by pretending that your social security payment isn't money that's being stolen from me every other week.
View Quote

Please elaborate on how the " Boomers " are stealing money out of your paycheck.

Show us where the bad Boomer touched you .
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Please elaborate on how the " Boomers " are stealing money out of your paycheck.

Show us where the bad Boomed touched you .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol this.

Show us where the bad Boomed touched you .

I mean... I pay an absurd amount of taxes quarterly.

Fortunately, I've never met FJB. So no touchy by the bad boomer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only if the new iPhone wasn’t any better than the old one… except the new phone has a lot more functionality and features… those aren’t free.
View Quote

This.  You can still buy a $200 phone that is more capable than that old phone.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Only sort of related, but why is the damn national debt so high?  Does the government own a $1000 iPhone?  
View Quote

Medicare and Medicaid.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS.

No generation is entitled to easy times. I'm an asshole Millennial who escaped college and grad school without debt, but I took a lot of face punches early in my career (dressings-down, firings, recession layoffs, etc.). In 2008, I remember an older dude from customer service asking me about college. "After all that, don't you feel entitled to a management slot?", he asked. Pfft, old man, it was clear even then: it doesn't matter what I think, or want, or believe about what I do. Our economic system only rewards doing well for others, and rarely does so accurately or proportionally. Even today, after everything I've accomplished from a business perspective, I still feel that way. In fact I'm more nihilistic.

Now for the bitter part:

GD: I believe in personal responsibility and individualism!
Also GD: Everyone else is lazy, stupid, and they're reason why we're fucked!

America is on a dark path. Our generation, us, Millennials, must own and unfuck the choices of the dumbasses who came before. We live in the creaky shell of the world our grandparents/great-grandparents built, and our job is to do the hard shit that sets up the Zoomers and our own kids for a better experience. We will die destitute, but that's our lot—we can either accept it and make shit better, or let prosperity fade.
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#49]
They would get ahead if they stopped bitching and whining and went to work
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm a millennial. Own my own house outright, two cars outright, and my wife stays at home with our kid. Plenty of money for bills and fun stuff. Not even 40.

These other whiny fucks in my generation need to actually try working instead of slinging coffee at Starbucks for 4 hours and thinking they have it rough.
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top