Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL no. That’s an inaccurate statement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck, no wonder you don’t understand money.

Wealth IS income. It fucking prints it.

Wealth generates income. Is that more accurate for you?

No wonder millennials are so fucking broke. They don’t understand money.  They think it grows on trees.

Oh wait!!!  It does grow on trees!!!!!  That tree is called wealth.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always.

Plenty of people have money and assets just sitting and not producing any kind of return.

Plenty more probably have investments with a decent return, but they might not outpace inflation, so their earning power will decrease faster than it can compound.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not always.

Plenty of people have money and assets just sitting and not producing any kind of return.

Plenty more probably have investments with a decent return, but they might not outpace inflation, so their earning power will decrease faster than it can compound.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always.

Well that’s their own dumb ass fault then.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Stop turning the economy off to save 85 years olds from a cold.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quit buying stupid shit and quit buying the ''next generation'' of electronic stuff that is ''obsolete'' [even it it's not] in 6 months to a year.

Stop turning the economy off to save 85 years olds from a cold.

What if I agree with both?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is literally the more ignorant response that could possibly be posted.

Fitting for arfcom I guess.

7 figure salary is not confortable?   LOFL

No shit.  If I made 7 figures, I'd work maybe another 8 years and then buy a bunch of rental houses and some very stable stocks that pay good dividends and just live off the rent revenue.  I wouldn't be making much more than I am right now, but it would be sustainable and free me up to pursue things I actually care about.

Net worth isn’t income.

People who have a million or two in net worth will be in trouble with the inflation. Especially in retirement.

Yeah, no it’s not.

It depends on the type of assets you have.  Then the market place for those assets.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:39:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not always.

Welp, I can see you’re also financially illiterate in the business world.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 12:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
if they would just learn to code...
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No wonder millennials are so fucking broke. They don’t understand money.  They think it grows on trees.

Oh wait!!!  It does grow on trees!!!!!  That tree is called wealth.
View Quote

No. Wealth can generate income. Or it could not. It might generate regular income or it might be realized as a capital gain at sales time. For tax purposes wealth and income are very different.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Concur:  with all of the options (pun) and vehicles for investing today, startups, crowdsourcing, etc., making $ has never been easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok. There has never been a better time to increase wealth than the last 10 years. I believe in thou shalt not covet btw.

If one complains about free money, rising wages, low interest, inflationary environment with a labor shortage and hasn’t been taking advantage…well that’s your problem. Not mine.

Concur:  with all of the options (pun) and vehicles for investing today, startups, crowdsourcing, etc., making $ has never been easier.

You mean, with all that government support for easy money.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:14:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:25:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:26:37 AM EDT
[#16]
How the fuck is anyone supposed to "invest" for stability and income when even my 401k is in negative territory and no one gives a fuck about managing your wealth until you have $1,000,000 to give them?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:28:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Spidey is absolutely correct.

I take in 6 figures per year in dividends…that’s >$100k income generated by my wealth.

You know what I do with it?  Buy more wealth (stock)…which…wait for it…increases my income.

Wealth = income.
View Quote

Do you have any assets don’t generate a monthly or annual return?

If you have any, or if they exist, then wealth=/=income.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:39:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:40:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder if they completed the survey on their $1,000+ IPhone wearing $200 shoes while drinking an $8 Starbucks coffe?
View Quote
My vanilla lattes are only about $6.25 with 5 shots
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:41:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Negative return, not negative value.

Which would you rather do, buy low or buy high?

IOW, keep buying.
View Quote
Oh I'ma keep buying, it just never seems to help.

Starting a career in your early 30's sucks, after years of school and then years of making enough for Ramen and dog food, it sucks to start late and catch up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:41:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The don't care attitude, really failed being stewards of America. Damn latchkey 70's kids are Gen Z without the autism and internet.
View Quote

Lol, Gen X never had the numbers to make any difference.  We voted and it didn’t matter.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:42:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I take in 6 figures per year in dividends…that’s >$100k income generated by my wealth.

You know what I do with it?  Buy more wealth (stock)…which…wait for it…increases my income.

Wealth = income.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wealth = income.

That’s only stocks.

There’s many other ways to develop wealth.

Real estate is one of those that goes directly counter to what you’re saying.  You only gain income off say, raw property by selling it.  In the meantime it’s simply costing you money via taxes and up keep.

This is literally business 101. Assets don’t always build income. But they can build wealth. My trucks for example, do nothing but burn money. I have over 100 CDL vehicles. They cost me millions of dollars a year to keep running, between fuel, maintenance, drivers wages, etc.

They, are not income producing assets. Otherwise, they would be taxed accordingly.

I make money off the goods I sell. If I could hire FedEx to deliver my shit, I would.  But they won’t / can’t do what I do. Thus, I have my own fleet that does it.

However, if I were to sell my company: they’re part of my net worth because they’re worth tens of millions of dollars.

Another example is your house. If you live in your house: it costs you money every day you live there. Taxes, utilities, up keep, etc.  you only make money on your house if you sell it properly. Otherwise, it’s your asset that could deprecate or appreciate depending on market conditions.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Of course; I’m not counting those.

I hold them for their growth potential but they could easily be converted into passive income generating assets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any assets don’t generate a monthly or annual return?

If you have any, or if they exist, then wealth=/=income.

Of course; I’m not counting those.

I hold them for their growth potential but they could easily be converted into passive income generating assets.

So there you have it. Wealth=income is a false statement.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:45:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wonder if they completed the survey on their $1,000+ IPhone wearing $200 shoes while drinking an $8 Starbucks coffe?
View Quote

Might as well when a pick up is $90,000, an acre of land is tens of thousands dollars more than it was a few years ago, snd a house is absolutely out of reach.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:51:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 1:52:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:04:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There are also a bunch of perverse incentives for my generation that push many toward spending rather than saving. One, with interest rates as low as they have been and inflation being as high as it is... you lose money when you save because your dollars are losing purchasing power.

Additionally, you have to look at the very real demoralizing feeling of looking at your debts and coming to the not unreasonable conclusion that you're never going to get out from under them. If you happen to get an extra few hundred dollars here and there, are you going to throw it at a debt when you know it's barely a drop in the ocean in the hopes that someday 20-30 years from now you're in a better spot... or, do you spend it on a little bit of instant gratification?

Obviously, the objectively correct decision is to put it toward those debts because even little bits here and there help to knock out some of the principle. But a fair percentage of my generation are on "income based repayment" plans which don't even cover the interest on their outstanding balance, so even that extra few hundred dollars here and there really won't shorten the timeline on their debt. Given that my generation has already been indoctrinated into instant gratification... the decision to blow a few hundred to a thousand dollars on something that can be enjoyed right now versus shoveling it toward a debt that will never go away starts to make a little more sense. Deferring gratification only makes sense if you believe that you'll actually get to experience greater gratification further down the line. But if you've lost hope to the point that you start to think that deferring gratification really means permanent denial of gratification... you start to stop giving a shit about saving because money in hand now is worth a hell of a lot more than more money 20 years from now you don't believe you'll ever see.
View Quote

Many people here will shit on your post, but what you said, and the way you stated it is very much the truth.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:13:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Concur, but stocks are one way to build wealth and income with very little capital…literally a few dollars…and this thread is about people not having enough money to “live” or buy a “nice” home, let alone a second rental property or starting a business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s only stocks.

There’s many other ways to develop wealth.

Concur, but stocks are one way to build wealth and income with very little capital…literally a few dollars…and this thread is about people not having enough money to “live” or buy a “nice” home, let alone a second rental property or starting a business.

Spidey literally said “wealth = income.”

Word for word.  I refuted that. And now you agree.

My entire point from beginning, is with the monetary policy in place, currently, that wealth is going down.  As wealth is independent of income.  Because your wealth can neither produce more income than inflation will eat and it is harder to build wealth, period due to increased costs.

In another post, I said it’s a hard time to build wealth. But it’s a great time to use debt wisely.

If you own a house right now, like own own, paid off - you could easily get debt in it, and make more money off it. I averaged ~27% last year in the market. Libor rate last year was 0.22%

Easy time to build income off debt. Thus, gain wealth from debt.

If you have wealth, it’s been a fantastic time to build income.

If you have no wealth, it’s a terrible time to try to build it, thus limiting your income. Which now, is being eaten by inflation. Which will continue you to eat whatever little wealth you have. If any.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Did anyone say all wealth = income?

OK, for the literalists:  a percentage of my wealth generates passive income in the form of dividends and rent.
View Quote

Wealth=income by definition means all wealth. The truth is that there are many ways to make income with wealth but much wealth will never make income.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Millennial here, I'm 36, and not worth 8-figures like the other 36yo posting in this thread.  But props to you sir, that's awesome.

A house I purchased with my wife (now ex-wife) in 2013 for $210k and sold in 2017 for $212.5k is now supposedly worth about $340k, or a 60% increase in 5 years.

A house we purchased in 2017 for $510k is now supposedly worth about $700k, or a 40% increase in 5 years.

Unfortunately I don't own either of the houses we purchased when I was married because we got divorced in late 2020, and now I'm in an apartment.  FML.  I'm still trying to financially recover from the divorce.

I make pretty decent money now (finally hit 6-figures...not amazing but not horrible, either) with a job upgrade a few months ago. But even with that, how am I supposed to afford a house when home prices in my area have risen about 50% in the past 5 years, with most of that happening in the past 2 years?  That's insanity.  So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place -- rent is going up a lot, and housing prices are increasing faster than I can save for a reasonable down payment.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:18:40 AM EDT
[#33]
@Foxtrot08

It’s also a much better time to own assets than to actually make goods and services. At least, that’s been true for us. The construction company is dragged by delays starting projects due to pandemic/pandemic response/shortages, etc. but the real estate portfolio gained 40% in two years not counting the $600,000 paid in rent.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:22:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is probably the most accurate statement on ARFCOM on all day long.
If you want to spend $1400 on a cell phone, $200.+ on tennis shoes, and close to $10.00 on a cup of coffee...
you really are in no position to bitch about "not having enough money."  
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:22:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@Foxtrot08

It’s also a much better time to own assets than to actually make goods and services. At least, that’s been true for us. The construction company is dragged by delays starting projects due to pandemic/pandemic response/shortages, etc. but the real estate portfolio gained 40% in two years not counting the $600,000 paid in rent.
View Quote

Sure. My competition is suffering right now from supply chain woes because of being inventory lean. I sit on 20-30 million in inventory. Which costs me money as I loan money to pay for it.

I have inventory.

My competitors don’t.

Who gets to sell a product to a customer?

My inventory is an asset now. Where as before it was absurd for us to carry that much inventory. That’s a change in 1 year, due to situations out of my control. But it paid off.

That being said, it’s a huge investment in facilities to hold that inventory. Again, assets that don’t generate income. That you can’t go lease for a bit. But now when we can get inventory - I can buy large quantities and hold us over shortages for months.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:25:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It is probably the most accurate statement on ARFCOM on all day long.
If you want to spend $1400 on a cell phone, $200.+ on tennis shoes, and close to $10.00 on a cup of coffee...
you really are in no position to bitch about "not having enough money."  
View Quote

If you have the median household income and are saving for the median house at a rate of 10% of income per year, spending $3000 a year on bullshit instead of saving it will increase your saving period from 11 to 21 years. Now, you all are going to say “see!” But the real story here is what does it do to the economy when people have to save 10% of their income for 11 years to buy a house?
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:27:09 AM EDT
[#37]
You’re doing well. Just in time has huge risks associated with it, as your competitors are finding out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:27:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I sit on 20-30 million in inventory.
View Quote

So, 1 tanker load of premium unleaded, with today's gas prices.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:32:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sit on 20-30 million in inventory.

That’s currently around 23,000 before tax.

86,000 gallons and change of synthetic blend 5w30 is a bit more.

10,000 gallons or so of 888-46 is probably our single most expensive inventory product.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:40:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:41:26 AM EDT
[#41]
The biggest irony is the boomers have been the biggest benefactor of the Fed's socialistic asset value boosting welfare regime, and millennial have been the biggest victims.

Our economy is currently being driven by the Fed's wealth effect policy. The purpose of the wealth effect is to artificially drive up asset prices so people feel wealthier than they otherwise would be and in turn go out and spend money which "stimulates" the economy. An absolutely foolish and unsustainable policy which has widened the wealth gap.

Many boomers can't comprehend this. We have an official Fed policy that is intentionally designed to artificially increase asset values, and we wonder why all the younger people with fewer assets feel disaffected.

Shrink this balance sheet back to zero, stop manipulating interest rates down and younger people can finally start getting some skin in the game.

Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:42:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sure, the last 10 years if you had money.

If you didn’t have money, it’s an awful time to try to increase wealth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop spending all your money to impress people on social media you dumb fuck millennials!!!!  I honestly think this is the biggest cause of their problem. That and being subscriptioned to death.

Hear me out…we all know the keeping up with the jones Is a thing for many many people, for a long time. Now with social media they’re trying to keep up with 100s of other people of vastly different careers to show off “look how great my life is!”  Their entire sense of self worth is based on feedback from who can post the most expensive vacation, fine dining, cars and house pictures.

And they’re competing with hundreds of “friends”

Oh, and not being able to cook at home eating out for every meal…that will kill your money.

First we had iphones and starbucks as the blame.

Next up was spotify and streaming services...

Now we have millennials can't cook.

All stops out of the big boomer book of problems!

Those are all unnecessary expenses. I don’t waste my money on any of that cash draining shit save for a smart phone. And I understand being subscriptioned to death…that 10/20 dollars a month adds up across all the subscriptions.

$2 a month for a subscription to shit post on an internet forum also, is by definition, an unnecessary expense.

For most people, spending $1000 a month on ammo to shoot, is also very unnecessary. But on arf, if you don't do that - "it's your funeral."

If you don't have 10,000 rounds loaded up in pmags, are you even prepped bro?

My point is, everyone lives life differently.   What is, the coined "American dream" differs from person to person. Differs from income level to income level.  What I want out of life is absolutely absurd compared to others. Some people are happy with their 2 acres and 2000sqft house as their retirement home.

Chances are, I'll never stop working, and at my income level, I think I'd be okay with about 4000 acres of property.  

That being said, the widely accepted definition of "The American Dream" is this: The American dream is the belief that anyone, regardless of where they were born or what class they were born into, can attain their own version of success in a society in which upward mobility is possible for everyone.

Notice: Their own version of success.

Right now, the problem is - there is very little upward mobility.  Really, the future looks bleak - most, will be facing being pushed down economically. Statistically - its already happening.

I guess my main point is it’s really really easy now to waste money and be nickel and dimed to death these days. Just grab an Uber!  Before you know it your cashflow is gone. All gone!  Eaten up with nothing to show for it.

I think my keeping up with jones with what is now 100 jones instead of just 2 neighbors holds a lot of merit.

Keeping up with the jones has always been a thing.  And it has always been a bad thing, I mean, whether your religious or not - it's literally in the bible. "Do not covet your friend's home. Do not covet your friend's wife, his slave, his maid, his ox, his donkey, and all that your friend has."

Before subscriptions, it was cable TV.   Or long distance phone calls. Or 70's motel porn. Whatever it was back then, I wasn't born yet.

Being responsible is, always, part of life. Those who aren't responsible, will fail - in ANY generation, past, present, or future.  

Again, my point isn't that society shouldn't be responsible for their own expenditures.   Just that our government, is ruining our ability to be responsible, with our expenditures, by making our money worthless.

Ok. There has never been a better time to increase wealth than the last 10 years. I believe in thou shalt not covet btw.

If one complains about free money, rising wages, low interest, inflationary environment with a labor shortage and hasn’t been taking advantage…well that’s your problem. Not mine.

Optimists, in their enthusiasm, don’t understand the full import of what’s going on.  We see this beautiful mushroom cloud of wealth building over the investor class, but don’t anticipate the inevitable fallout on our society.      

For the lucky few, there’s also the question of whether we are truly getting richer, or whether we are simply treading water as most around us sink.
  For example, my net worth is up by 1000 TVs, but it’s not up much at all, as measured in good Acreage.

We all hope the optimists are right.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:46:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Optimists, in their enthusiasm, don’t understand the full import of what’s going on.  We see this beautiful mushroom cloud of wealth building over the investor class, but don’t anticipate the inevitable fallout on our society.      

For the lucky few, there’s also the question of whether we are truly getting richer, or whether we are simply treading water as most around us sink.
  For example, my net worth is up by 1000 TVs, but it’s not up much at all, as measured in good Acreage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop spending all your money to impress people on social media you dumb fuck millennials!!!!  I honestly think this is the biggest cause of their problem. That and being subscriptioned to death.

Hear me out…we all know the keeping up with the jones Is a thing for many many people, for a long time. Now with social media they’re trying to keep up with 100s of other people of vastly different careers to show off “look how great my life is!”  Their entire sense of self worth is based on feedback from who can post the most expensive vacation, fine dining, cars and house pictures.

Oh, and not being able to cook at home eating out for every meal…that will kill your money.

Those are all unnecessary expenses. I don’t waste my money on any of that cash draining shit save for a smart phone. And I understand being subscriptioned to death…that 10/20 dollars a month adds up across all the subscriptions.

$2 a month for a subscription to shit post on an internet forum also, is by definition, an unnecessary expense.

For most people, spending $1000 a month on ammo to shoot, is also very unnecessary. But on arf, if you don't do that - "it's your funeral."

My point is, everyone lives life differently.   What is, the coined "American dream" differs from person to person. Differs from income level to income level.  What I want out of life is absolutely absurd compared to others. Some people are happy with their 2 acres and 2000sqft house as their retirement home.

Chances are, I'll never stop working, and at my income level, I think I'd be okay with about 4000 acres of property.  

That being said, the widely accepted definition of "The American Dream" is this: The American dream is the belief that anyone, regardless of where they were born or what class they were born into, can attain their own version of success in a society in which upward mobility is possible for everyone.

Right now, the problem is - there is very little upward mobility.  Really, the future looks bleak - most, will be facing being pushed down economically. Statistically - its already happening.

I guess my main point is it’s really really easy now to waste money and be nickel and dimed to death these days. Just grab an Uber!  Before you know it your cashflow is gone. All gone!  Eaten up with nothing to show for it.

I think my keeping up with jones with what is now 100 jones instead of just 2 neighbors holds a lot of merit.

Keeping up with the jones has always been a thing.  And it has always been a bad thing, I mean, whether your religious or not - it's literally in the bible. "Do not covet your friend's home. Do not covet your friend's wife, his slave, his maid, his ox, his donkey, and all that your friend has."

Before subscriptions, it was cable TV.   Or long distance phone calls. Or 70's motel porn. Whatever it was back then, I wasn't born yet.

Being responsible is, always, part of life. Those who aren't responsible, will fail - in ANY generation, past, present, or future.  

Again, my point isn't that society shouldn't be responsible for their own expenditures.   Just that our government, is ruining our ability to be responsible, with our expenditures, by making our money worthless.

Those who get what I’m try to say, get it.

The rest consider the fact hooked on phonics didn’t work for me.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:49:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Inflation has yet to catch up to monetary supply and policy.

We’re just seeing the start of it.

I’m really surprised at the number of economically illiterate people there are on arfcom.

Does everyone think you can print 20 trillion in 10 years and everything will be fine?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2.  The goal post keeps moving, faster and faster, for financial success. This isn’t hidden. Just a quick search on the terrible arfcom search engine pulls up 4 active threads in the last week, in GD about rapid inflation.

When Reagan took over inflation was way higher than it is now. IRA's had just been enacted and I remember getting a 20% interest rate on my 5 year Certificate of Deposit for my IRA. I figured at some point the inflation would go down. It did and I was out of work for over a year due to the steps taken that ravaged the economy.
3 years later the bank was begging me to trade that CD in for a lower rated CD. Told them to fuck right off.
Everyone goes through tough times at various points in their lives. Suck it up.

Inflation has yet to catch up to monetary supply and policy.

We’re just seeing the start of it.

I’m really surprised at the number of economically illiterate people there are on arfcom.

Does everyone think you can print 20 trillion in 10 years and everything will be fine?

This.   You ain’t seen nuthin yet, chile.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 2:52:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:16:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They both understand precisely what you were saying with regards to Wealth vs. Income. Their counter argument was basically them saying, “Na Na Na-Na, Na, you should have just invested in FAANG stocks and home depot.”  .  

Personally, I think we’ll each do just fine, but the jury is still out.  The key is to make enough money to be somewhat insulted by the time America morphs into something resembling a mixture of Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Venezuela.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:43:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I take in 6 figures per year in dividendsthat's >$100k income generated by my wealth.

You know what I do with it?  Buy more wealth (stock)whichwait for itincreases my income.

Wealth = income.
View Quote
Wealth by itself does not equal income
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:44:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most cellular carriers comp the phone if you sign up for a contract, a decent pair of dress shoes costs $200, and a Venti Starbucks is ~$3.00.  For someone with useless luxury consumer goods as a name and an avatar, your reply is shockingly ignorant.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Net worth isn't income.

People who have a million or two in net worth will be in trouble with the inflation. Especially in retirement.
View Quote

In 8 years of making 7 figures, I would have a lot more than 2 million.  And as I said, it would be in rental properties that generate passive income, along with stocks that pay well.

You are assuming that someone with 5 million dollars has to join the country club and buy a 100k truck every 3 years.  I'm talking about staying in a modest house and not increasing my expenditures, just quitting my job after I have enough passive income to do so.  I figure 8 years of a million dollar + income would be enough to set me up with enough rentals to stop working and spend more time pursuing my hobbies and still cover my living expenses.
Link Posted: 2/6/2022 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#50]
I guess Millenials never figured out that their expectations are not realistic, and the secret to a good life is not being completely materialistic.
Page / 77
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top