User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which is why I say guilty.

You shoot to stop, not to execute. The father may have been stoping a threat but the son jumped in after the threat was stopped.

Whole thing is stupid.
View Quote

How could you tell that dad's single round instantly incapacitated dude? I saw that same video. It doesn't show that.

So, reasonable doubt creeps in. I can't beyond reasonable doubt say he didn't need to take that second shot.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Orange shirt must be related to that shit bag couple in PA that got shot by their neighbor.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Orange shirt must be related to that shit bag couple in PA that got shot by their neighbor.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where did you get that!?
View Quote

It was a limited run of 100 made by sons of liberty gun works many years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Where did you get that!?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Iirc from the original thread, the dead guy was a colossal douche of the grade-A variety, and frankly should’ve been shot many years before meeting the Millers.

Neighborhood dispute after violence, threats, and brandishing of weapons in previous incidents. The mattress was the straw that broke the camel’s back and ended with the bigger asshole getting ventilated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You shoot to stop, not to execute. The father may have been stoping a threat but the son jumped in after the threat was stopped.

Whole thing is stupid.
View Quote

Jr aimed high. Guy was obviously upright. Video doesn't show but zero reason to assume threat was stopped
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It was almost as if they were "Triple dog dared "  to do it. They had no choice really.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:06:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Whole thing is stupid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the consensus.  Dad shot dude at pretty close range at first, then it sounds like junior followed up.

Whole thing is stupid.

They are usually one in the same when it comes to firearms. You don't shoot someone threatening your life thinking " Maybe I can just wound him a little"
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That case is still going on?
View Quote

Yeah it has been going on for some time.  I know COVID played a part.  Don't know if they ever got released on bail/bond though. Going on 3-4 years know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 2:55:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#15]
They seem to moving at a brisk pace.  I think the confrontation lasted longer than the trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/state-defense-rests-in-abilene-mattress-murder-trial/ar-AA16M1bp
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
They seem to moving at a brisk pace.  I think the confrontation lasted longer than the trial.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/state-defense-rests-in-abilene-mattress-murder-trial/ar-AA16M1bp
View Quote

Yeah I cannot believe how fast both sides rushed through this.

I'm assuming there is absolutely no way the prosecutor(s) think they can win and as such isn't putting in the effort.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah I cannot believe how fast both sides rushed through this.

I'm assuming there is absolutely no way the prosecutor(s) think they can win and as such isn't putting in the effort.
View Quote

Even the states witnesses didn't paint the "victim" in too good of a light.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/millers-trial-day-two-witnesses-speak-on-howards-behavior/

Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:12:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Even the states witnesses didn't paint the "victim" in too good of a light.

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/millers-trial-day-two-witnesses-speak-on-howards-behavior/

View Quote

damn, you aint kidding.  Amazing that dude lived as long as he did.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone involved in that fiasco was a fucking idiot that could have walked away.

The Millers are innocent in my eyes though.

One man is dead, and 2 more are in serious legal trouble.  I bet if any of them had it to do over, they all would do things differently.
View Quote

I bet they wouldn't.

That shooting was the culmination of a long feud they had been having.

Much like the snow shovelling shooting in Pennsylvania.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Johnnie is going to serve 7 years. He'll be out before he is 80 at least.

Decent chance he lives 7 years to see the light of day again.

This all assume he has good behavior. Sentence is actually 14 years.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 1:19:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Rowdy told his buddy to go get a gun..........but they had pawned it![img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_clown.gif[/imgThat dude deserved a shooting and tje father/son duo did not disappoint. Sounds like ol girl done moved on and married.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Johnnie is going to serve 7 years. He'll be out before he is 80 at least.

Decent chance he lives 7 years to see the light of day again.

This all assume he has good behavior. Sentence is actually 14 years.
View Quote

I hope he wins his appeal well before the 7 is up, probably not likely, but we can still hope.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Ahhh Doubt eeet!

I give the old man a lot of credit for staying so calm.    …wish I could be on that jury.  Both would walk.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ahhh Doubt eeet!

I give the old man a lot of credit for staying so calm.    …wish I could be on that jury.  Both would walk.
View Quote

You & me would have to have a silent nod to at least cause a hung jury.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#28]
At least the son was found innocent.    

“Son mah life is over…but yers has jest begun…”
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#29]
The jury said Johnnie is guilty so he’s guilty. End of story.

It’s really sad that people are so far out of touch with the reality that they live in they keep trying to hamster this to prove the jury decision is wrong( same jury which had all the evidence from both sides).

I’ll say it again. It doesn’t matter what you think. What you think is irrelevant. It matters what the jury thinks. Remember your actions will more than likely be judged by a jury of your peers if you use deadly force. Operate accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The jury said Johnnie is guilty so he’s guilty. End of story.

It’s really sad that people are so far out of touch with the reality that they live in they keep trying to hamster this to prove the jury decision is wrong( same jury which had all the evidence from both sides).

I’ll say it again. It doesn’t matter what you think. What you think is irrelevant. It matters what the jury thinks. Remember your actions will more than likely be judged by a jury of your peers if you use deadly force. Operate accordingly.
View Quote

Right, cause jury's are never wrong *cough* OJ Simpson *cough*
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top