BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope.

We were trying to get it, but it died in committee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought MN had a castle doctrine?

Also back in the day the some of the Somali population used to terrorise parts of EP and it's citizens. The police used to shake the hands of people who defended themselves. Wonder what happened..
Nope.

https://www.minnpost.com/community-voices/2012/03/minnesota’s-proposed-castle-doctrine-expansion-worse-florida’s-‘shoot-first

These people feel that the people defending the home are the criminals and the attackers are the victims.

These people are insane.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So how long before we see pics of him when he was 10yrs old, how he was on the honor roll and a great father to his five kids?
View Quote
Not many cameras in Somalia
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dude is in jail.

let this be a lesson to everyone.  DONT TALK TO THE POLICE WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY PRESENT.

"I was in fear for my life.  I will give a full statement in presence of my attorney"
View Quote
Better yet, don't live in MN cuz the laws make it into a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Welp, hope Mr Weiss comes out clean on this one...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Aggressor makes aggressive actions towards the defendant.  Defendant pulls a weapon, and apparently displayed it long enough for the aggressor to see it and understand it as a warning.  Aggressor does not back down, and continues being aggressive, then gets shot for his troubles.

I don't see any problem with this.  If I'm on his jury, he goes home.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
This will be made to be about race and the shooter stands no chance.

FWIW I wasn't there nor is there enough info for me to have an opinion about his guilt or not .... but he's white, the other guy isn't, so he's fucked either way
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know.  Reminds me of the story from NYC (IIRC) where the girl and her boyfriend got mugged and then the girls says, "what are you gonna' do shoot me?"

The answer was yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of idiot would DARE somebody to shoot them?
I know.  Reminds me of the story from NYC (IIRC) where the girl and her boyfriend got mugged and then the girls says, "what are you gonna' do shoot me?"

The answer was yes.
There is a video of a parolee who got into a street fight then dared a reporting officer to shoot him when he was ordered to surrender & not approach. After multiple attempts to get dickfaced parolee to stop the officer ended up shooting hi m.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only thing being reported on the news here is the "my friend dared him to shoot, so he did" story from the passenger of the shootee.

MN law is pretty reluctant to give shooters the go ahead with our spectacularly overthought "duty to retreat" clause.

Some instructors actually tell students "if someone is breaking into the front door of your house, you need to retreat out a back door or window".

I'm guessing this guy didn't have one of those instructors.
View Quote
I'm glad we have stand your ground here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:13:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that getting in his face didn't put him in reasonable fear of great bodily injury or death
View Quote
It might. I'm 51 with a once broken back. Had some paralysis for a while. Rolling around on the ground with a drunk 25 yo trying to pound on me just might put me in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. I figure I'd prolly stroke the trigger a time or two before taking that chance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Being MN the Muslim is probably Somali. Privileged minority.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shoot is questionable without more info.

If there's no video and the only witnesses are people in the muslim guy's car... white guy is going to get loved tenderly.
Being MN the Muslim is probably Somali. Privileged minority.
And now one of em has the privilege of a bodybag.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He dared him though
View Quote
...but it wasn't a double dog dare.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
There is an ultra thin line where you shoot/don’t shoot. I wouldn’t shoot on a fucking dare. I’d go hands on first.
If the tables were turned, the keyboard warriors would be screaming for a conviction.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nope.

View Quote
Existing state statute states that persons do not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force to protect themselves or prevent a felony from being committed inside their residence.Feb 2, 2017
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Double dog dare ya!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is an ultra thin line where you shoot/don’t shoot. I wouldn’t shoot on a fucking dare. I’d go hands on first.
View Quote
You would go hands on with a guy that comes at you knowing that you have a gun?

Walker Texas Ranger much?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Shooter is fucked. The libtards will make sure of that

You can only get away with shooting other white people these days (actually only straight white males).
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
oh well
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll have a Coke
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
You guys talk like taking a life is easy to do with no repercussions. Look at this Wiess guy, in jail and looking at a conviction. No one knows I have a gun until they dictate the situation and warrants me brandishing. I don’t draw on a guy for walking up on me. But yes, i’d go hands on first. I like not being in jail and not being sued for wrongful death.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shooter is fucked. The libtards will make sure of that

You can only get away with shooting other white people these days (actually only straight white males).
View Quote
Depends on where your at
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Aggressor makes aggressive actions towards the defendant.  Defendant pulls a weapon, and apparently displayed it long enough for the aggressor to see it and understand it as a warning.  Aggressor does not back down, and continues being aggressive, then gets shot for his troubles.

I don't see any problem with this.  If I'm on his jury, he goes home.
View Quote
Let's hope that's how it goes in real life
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mooseloom
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#25]
But dem virgins yo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope, sorry.  You don't get to shoot someone for yelling at you and calling you a limp-dick (saying you don't have the balls to shoot).

Unless he was actually assaulted somewhere, he can contemplate the error of his ways in prison.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah he's going to need a good lawyer. Both look young and fit. Had he been old and weak, then yeah it might be more reasonable to a jury to shoot. But yeah he shouldn't have pulled a gun and he shouldn't have shot based on verbal threats alone. Of course the dead guy sounds like a total asshole for getting into a strangers face. Messed with the wrong guy that day and ended up dead. But the shooter is probably going to see a bit of jail time most likely. Unless he gets a really good lawyer of course.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Just because someone dares you to jump off a cliff...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Man, I would love to have seen Rahim's face!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good shoot
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#31]
well I mean he dared him..
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#32]
What a cluster fuck. The shooters only chance of not staying in jail is if he can prove he was at a disadvantage (3 vs 1) AND that the situation escalated physically (actual violence, not posturing). Only then would someone of rational mind (not GD) assume he was at risk of great bodily harm because 1) the fight became physical with possible deadly consequences 2) it would've been reasonable to assume the deceased party's friends would have assisted in the fight, making it exponentially more dangerous for the shooter while limiting his ability to leave (cornered/trapped).

If the situation transpired as reported, where the deceased was only posturing and the shooter thought, "fuck it, I aints backin down from no ones", then bad shoot. Ego checks don't give you a pass on body bags.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What a cluster fuck. The shooters only chance of not staying in jail is if he can prove he was at a disadvantage (3 vs 1) AND that the situation escalated physically (actual violence, not posturing). Only then would someone of rational mind (not GD) assume he was at risk of great bodily harm because 1) the fight became physical with possible deadly consequences 2) it would've been reasonable to assume the deceased party's friends would have assisted in the fight, making it exponentially more dangerous for the shooter while limiting his ability to leave (cornered/trapped).

If the situation transpired as reported, where the deceased was only posturing and the shooter thought, "fuck it, I aints backin down from no ones", then bad shoot. Ego checks don't give you a pass on body bags.
View Quote
Question.

If you point a gun at a guy in a confrontation and he doesn’t back down or run away couldn’t you argue that he was showing intent to attack? It’s not normal to stand face to face with a guy while he points a gun at you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Allah must have willed it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good shoot
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He dared him though
"Simon says" wasn't said...
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Existing state statute states that persons do not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force to protect themselves or prevent a felony from being committed inside their residence.Feb 2, 2017
View Quote
Exactly.

That is a separate statute you're copying part of out of Google's results though, not the carry laws. The carry laws say we have a duty to retreat and are (idiotically) taught the way I mentioned above by overzealous armchair lawyers disguised as NRA instructors.

If someone is already in your home (not "on your property" like castle doctrine), and you have reason to believe they're trying to kill you, you can go ahead and shoot them, but only in order to stop the threat. Any extra holes in Tito the Heroine Dealer's side or back could indicate the threat was over, and you get to go to prison.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:22:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Enjoy prison.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Meh

Allan’s will or something
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good shoot
View Quote
InShaAllah
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:28:55 PM EDT
[#41]
USCCA is what I have.

Hope that I never need it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Good Shoot!
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You guys talk like taking a life is easy to do with no repercussions. Look at this Wiess guy, in jail and looking at a conviction. No one knows I have a gun until they dictate the situation and warrants me brandishing. I don’t draw on a guy for walking up on me. But yes, i’d go hands on first. I like not being in jail and not being sued for wrongful death.
View Quote
No you wouldn't.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#44]
After seeing the pictures.

Good shoot.

Dont mess with the Weiss guy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Shoot a man on a dare and go to prison. That's not unreasonable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apples and orange comparison. The shooter had already drawn his weapon and the goblin kept coming.

In that situation, you would still go hands on?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh

Allan's will or something
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Honor killing ?  
View Quote
No, just a Jew defending himself against an aggressor muslim.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you have been fighting them, most of the time they are dead ones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top