User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Ukrainian MOD released a statement a few weeks back claiming that they had shot down the RUAF assets in may with a patriot missile system. I don't think the Hawk or S300 is capable of using Link16 and accepting outside data from external sources like the patriot can which is why this was an ambush. They would have known if the Radars were functioning there and avoided it.
View Quote
I would giggle if an ancient refurbished HAWK got the kill, but you're probably right.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It's pretty clear we've given Ukraine generous support, more than any other country.

It's an investment, right?

We expect a return, right?

I see an ineffective fighting force, with ineffective tactics.

Instead of me trying to layout a case of abandoning Ukraine, I'd rather you tell me why Ukraine is worth it?

I have to wonder what Poland and our well established NATO partners would do with the billions Ukraine has incompetently pissed away.

It's a European problem that will result in a European Civil War and none of the parties involved pose no threat to us, unless nukes are involved.

Arguments that say we are destroying Russian weaponry makes it all worth it, isn't a battle plan.

It's just ridiculous on all measures.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a shit really.

Nobody is winning, no end in sight and Z said he needs another 500k troops.

You can post all Ukranian victories and Russia is still absorbing all the free world's munitions, save one.

Nukes and quite honestly the only way Ukraine will win is by nukes.

So Ukraine either needs nukes or set up some false flag to get NATO involved.

Frankly, I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet.

It's really embarrassing that the billions upon billions the entire free world has supplied to Ukraine has basically amounted to a stalemated trench warfare.

Must suck Kyiv wasn’t taken in those 3 days…..

It must suck that Russia is absorbing all the munitions of the free world and Ukraine is so incompetent and ineffective that they can't win this. Putin doesn't give a fuck about his country or people. He cares about the legacy and the end game which is long.

Unless Z can get NATO involved Ukraine ain't winning this.

No matter who wins, this will result in civil war and on and on.

The only people winning are the weapon manufacturers.

Let Europe fix this.

We need focus on American problems and American solutions.

Every day Kyiv stays under Ukrainian control is a win.

Funny how people insist that a stalemate is somehow a "loss" for Ukraine, whose initial war goals were simply to survive as a sovereign state, and yet a "win" for Russia, who expected to roll in and force Ukraine to become a tiny rump state run out of Lviv, at best.

Please lay out the case for how abandoning yet another country to an aggressive enemy helps the United States as a country. People keep stating it here so, well, matter-of-factly.

It's pretty clear we've given Ukraine generous support, more than any other country.

It's an investment, right?

We expect a return, right?

I see an ineffective fighting force, with ineffective tactics.

Instead of me trying to layout a case of abandoning Ukraine, I'd rather you tell me why Ukraine is worth it?

I have to wonder what Poland and our well established NATO partners would do with the billions Ukraine has incompetently pissed away.

It's a European problem that will result in a European Civil War and none of the parties involved pose no threat to us, unless nukes are involved.

Arguments that say we are destroying Russian weaponry makes it all worth it, isn't a battle plan.

It's just ridiculous on all measures.

It's really as simply as enforcing and maintaining an international order based on trade and not allowing a complete return of the law of the jungle logic of Empire. This is specifically why Russian propaganda tries so, so damned hard to present that very idea as a punchline, because it's the idea that has fueled and inspired the free world for over a century now. It's ushered in the most prosperous times in history, with the freest movement if people, goods, and services humanity has ever known. Surrendering that as a principle, dismissing such a concept as naive and even contrary to American interests, is the last best hope Russia to be able to restore its pathetic hope for a restore Empire, as it has always failed miserably when its exports of goods, services, or ideas have had to compete against others, and only ever saw success when it could cut off those territories under its control from that outside world. The U.S. loses wars when it becomes demoralized and gives up. It's what we always do. It's the weakest point in any free society.

Ironically, we just did it in Afghanistan, after sinking billions upon billions into a genuine lost cause. Russia got pissed off about that. Our continued support of Afghanistan was in Russia's interests.

We never had daily threads asking about America's interests there, pointing about Afghan government corruption, or about how many billions were being spent. This, despite Americans directly in the fight and so much less to show for the fortunes we were spending, year after year.

If it doesn't bother you that the single best way to predict how a certain segment of GD will respond to an issue is to first ask "which response is in the best interests of Russia," than it should.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's really as simply as enforcing and maintaining an international order based on trade and not allowing a complete return of the law of the jungle logic of Empire. This is specifically why Russian propaganda tries so, so damned hard to present that very idea as a punchline, because it's the idea that has fueled and inspired the free world for over a century now. It's ushered in the most prosperous times in history, with the freest movement if people, goods, and services humanity has ever known. Surrendering that as a principle, dismissing such a concept as naive and even contrary to American interests, is the last best hope Russia to be able to restore its pathetic hope for a restore Empire, as it has always failed miserably when its exports of goods, services, or ideas have had to compete against others, and only ever saw success when it could cut off those territories under its control from that outside world. The U.S. loses wars when it becomes demoralized and gives up. It's what we always do. It's the weakest point in any free society.

Ironically, we just did it in Afghanistan, after sinking billions upon billions into a genuine lost cause. Russia got pissed off about that. Our continued support of Afghanistan was in Russia's interests.

We never had daily threads asking about America's interests there, pointing about Afghan government corruption, or about how many billions were being spent. This, despite Americans directly in the fight and so much less to show for the fortunes we were spending, year after year.

If it doesn't bother you that the single best way to predict how a certain segment of GD will respond to an issue is to first ask "which response is in the best interests of Russia," than it should.
View Quote

The isolationists are just fine with countries like Russia, China, Iran and Venezuela controlling the direction of the world.

IMO that makes them all pro-Russia, China, Iran and Venezuela.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There might be an SU 30 down also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russian sources say another SU34 was killed today with its entire crew by that same Patriot battery most likely.

Thats 4x SU34 Fighter Bombers in 36hrs?
There might be an SU 30 down also.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did this really need its own thread a few days after it happened and discussed (even by you) in all the Ukraine threads???
View Quote

There can never be enough for some folks.

SLAFA YOUKRAINY
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whether you agree or disagree, you got to admire the sheer tenacity of fadedsun, lol.

If a Russian so much as stubs their toe he's gonna let ya know about it : "UKRAINE LITERALLY CRIPPLING RUSSIAN MOBILITY!!!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Whether you agree or disagree, you got to admire the sheer tenacity of fadedsun, lol.

If a Russian so much as stubs their toe he's gonna let ya know about it : "UKRAINE LITERALLY CRIPPLING RUSSIAN MOBILITY!!!"

The Ruaf stubbing their toes would be a good day for them.

Them losing a couple Companies of armor and dudes? Sure, that's normal.

Quoted:

This is the first tranche I believe. Main bottle neck seems to be training up a suficient support cadre.

I'm fully aware that Russia wil likeley be able to shoot down a F-16 in this conflict. Russia wil pull out all the stops and sacrifce the meat cube generation and industrial output to get their set piece propaganda moment.    
GD will start a multitude of threads skoffing how Ukraine has lost so I'm calling that one here. Set peice shit does not a battle make however and i hope they are able to use them to good effect.  

Ukraine will lose some F16s. It's a given. Through combat, crashes, or accidents a few will go to Falcon heaven.

But they will do what they were meant to do.

Quoted:
Who gives a shit really.

You can post all Ukranian victories and Russia is still absorbing all the free world's munitions, save one.

It's really embarrassing that the billions upon billions the entire free world has supplied to Ukraine has basically amounted to a stalemated trench warfare.

Billions in aid has stalemated a nation that claims it can rival the USA and Nato. Billions in aid, not even the direct involvement of the USA or Nato..fighting Ukraine and they even had homefield advantage, too.

And a nation that Russia denigrates by claiming it has no right to run it's own affairs and it's a made up nation is stalemating the more powerful nation.

That's a big L for Russia especially given their claims of victory early on.

The roads for a Ukrainian victory are wide open. The paths for a Russian victory are narrow.

Quoted:
No wreckage pics, no believe.  

Ukr is paliwood level propaganda.  Ghosts…

Other than the fact that Russians confirmed it, no.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#9]
dbl tap

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:12:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We agree on something Ukraine related, it's a Christmas miracle!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully it gives some Ukrainians a break over the holidays.

I’m not going to shitpost on the holidays.

We really only disagree on American aid/involvement vs Europe doing the heavy lifting.

In actuality, I have nothing but respect for the Ukrainians fighting for survival and I hope they win or kill as many as they can in the meantime.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, fadedsun and the other Ukebros.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Day 668 of Russia's 3-day "special military operation."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia will definitely surrender any day now because of this incident.
Any.
Day.
Now.

Day 668 of Russia's 3-day "special military operation."
They're definitely going to surrender, and cede all territory they now occupy.
Any day now. You just watch and see.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]
a Christmas miracle
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We really only disagree on American aid/involvement vs Europe doing the heavy lifting.

In actuality, I have nothing but respect for the Ukrainians fighting for survival and I hope they win or kill as many as they can in the meantime.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This happens frequently when things start really going bad for the Ukrainians.
View Quote

Just be happy the good guys had a victory.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did this really need its own thread a few days after it happened and discussed (even by you) in all the Ukraine threads???
View Quote
Yes, far as I'm concerned. Keeping up with those threads is like having another full time job.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not going to shitpost on the holidays.

View Quote
Merry Christmas
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Who gives a shit really.

View Quote
Ukraine HAD nukes. They gave them all up in exchange for an American promise to protect them from Russian invasion.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:39:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They are massive planes. I need to double the square footage, possibly triple, and double the height atleast.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You just need a bigger garage for the Suhkoi.

They are massive planes. I need to double the square footage, possibly triple, and double the height atleast.

I bet one of the previously mentioned ones would fit. Some assembly required of course.  

We fit an F-15 into a Conex after collecting the pieces out of a field in Indiana.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:41:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bet one of the previously mentioned ones would fit. Some assembly required of course.  

We fit an F-15 into a Conex after collecting the pieces out of a field in Indiana.  
View Quote

I have a 1500 Sq ft garage. I ain't fitting it in there
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ukraine HAD nukes. They gave them all up in exchange for an American promise to protect them from Russian invasion.

View Quote

That is not true. They couldn't afford to support them and we declined to help , but at no point did we make any promises about defense.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No one should take anything you say as fact after your posts in the Niagara-Falls car crash thread. In fact you could tell me the sky is blue and I would have to verify for myself that it is indeed blue...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This happens frequently when things start really going bad for the Ukrainians.

No one should take anything you say as fact after your posts in the Niagara-Falls car crash thread. In fact you could tell me the sky is blue and I would have to verify for myself that it is indeed blue...

Bwahahahahaha!!! That is no shit!!

You can always expect walmartaudio to show up in any thread that is about Russia getting smashed crying that its propaganda or it's wrong it was Ukraine's jets shots down or some other clown Kremlin line he's slurped up off the interwebs ..
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:51:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully it gives some Ukrainians a break over the holidays.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:09:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who gives a shit really.

No. They gave them up for a promise from both the U.S. and Russia not to invade. Getting that right is important to understanding who violated it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:38:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would giggle if an ancient refurbished HAWK got the kill, but you're probably right.
View Quote
If it was Hawk I will give a Yo Joe loud enough all of Texas will hear it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:41:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have a 1500 Sq ft garage. I ain't fitting it in there [/q

uote]I can store it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#26]
These threads are truly like gay bat signals to the Fabulous Putinistas.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Australia’s E7 Wedgetail Quite Likely Behind Downing Of Russian Su-34 Bombers

"G'day Mate!"
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:46:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Prettymuch nothing. We’re clearing out old stockpiles while making new stuff so our defense industry is getting stronger and production lines are getting updated. Lots of hardworking Americans in the weapons industry are getting Christmas bonuses this year
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now try America's...

Prettymuch nothing. We’re clearing out old stockpiles while making new stuff so our defense industry is getting stronger and production lines are getting updated. Lots of hardworking Americans in the weapons industry are getting Christmas bonuses this year

Yeah it's good to bleed the taxpayer dry for the good of the MIC.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:47:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, Ukraine now has 3 fewer anti aircraft missiles, possibly some of their most valuable missiles.

I think we can all agree to chalk this one up as a net win for Russia.
View Quote

Those missiles were trash. They had the entire sky to fly in and they still hit something. I know people who know missiles and they all agree those are the worst.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They're definitely going to surrender, and cede all territory they now occupy.
Any day now. You just watch and see.
View Quote

Crimea is most critical for Russia to keep and the easiest for Ukraine to cut off from supply and retake.  Taking Crimea gives Ukraine quite a bit of leverage at the negotiating table.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#32]
We shot the wrong ones those ones are cool.

We need to shoot down those stupid propeller Bear bombers. Those things are so gay I just hate to look at them
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We need to shoot down those stupid propeller Bear bombers. Those things are so gay I just hate to look at them
View Quote
The name fits. I wonder if the Bear bombers are crewed by Twinks?
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look how stupid and gay they are.

What a stupid gay ugly plane

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#35]
We can't keep shooting down $40M planes with $1M missiles.  That's unsustainable!

Nevermind . . .
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Russian_Bear_'H'_Aircraft_MOD_45158140.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Russian_Bear_'H'_Aircraft_MOD_45158140.jpg
Can you imagine flying on one if they had made the airliner version they considered? The noise would have been interesting.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The taxpayer is better off with the Russian air force being decimated.

Quoted:

I would laugh too. I read somewhere a Hawk battery is in Odesa? Not sure. The first ones the USA sent were not working. The ones from Spain were possibly better.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:24:41 AM EDT
[#39]
The Russian Air Force never hurt a single American civilian but the inevitable and hastening collapse of the petrodollar will be the end of us all.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The Russian Air Force never hurt a single American civilian but the inevitable and hastening collapse of the petrodollar will be the end of us all.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:28:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Faded propaganda.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Cheers!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top