Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wonder if the CDC already knows what the issue is but they or the MSM is not reporting it.

I find it hard to believe with the resources the CDC has that they haven't figured it out by now.

Lord help us if a strange virus appears if this is the case.
View Quote
Much more likely that it is oil. Nicotine is water soluble, so you can use PG to suspend it in vape juice which is more or less harmless. THC is fat soluble and morons are suspending it in Vitamin E oil that then solidifies in the lungs when it cools.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States

LET'S BAN VAPING!
View Quote
This. Not sure what the big deal is with the flute.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If that's the case, why did Altria Group, acquire a 35% stake in Juul for $12.8 billion on December 20, 2018?

Big tobacco is heavily invested in vaping. Banning vaping is not in their best interest. Right now vaping is not subject to the excise taxes that cigarettes are and is wildly profitable. Manufacturing cost for vape juice is around $0.30 - $0.90 per 15ml for high quality juice that retails for $10 - $14.

Vaping is the best thing that has happened to big tobacco since the 60's.
View Quote
PMI doesn't invest in vaping, they peddle HTU, which the FDA classifies as a cigarette.  Every market PMI introduced IQOS saw a decline.  Most foreign governments continue to tax HTU and vape products but some are at a lower rate than cigarettes.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#4]
35% in Juule is not a big investment - especially since it occurred after Juule got hammered for marketing to kids.

Now if you want to see big tobacco flexing it’s muscles - look to India.  Largest tobacco market in the world.  India outlawed sale and manufacture of all vape related products last week.  42million people vaped in India - but that is almost statistically insignificant to the number of tobacco smokers.
—-
One little thing worries me slightly.  What has changed in the vape industry in the last 6 months...  A bunch of states have passed tobacco 21 (which should seriously curb the youth “epidemic”). Multiple issues with Juule (hammered by the marketing to minor issue, sold 35% to big tobacco, huge influx in counterfeit pods, large leak of genuine pods to counterfeit juice market-making it impossible to tell if it is real or not).  Then the one that worries me -  low concentration sub ohm nic salt ejuice has gained popularity.  It worries me because I got several bottles about a month ago.  They immediately became my favorite juice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Been racking my brain trying to figure out what the commonality could be.

About the only thing I could think of is wire used in coil production. Run of wire tainted with lead or some other foreign metal
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where's all the people saying it was only black market vitamin e cut dope juice?
Who knows.

Where's the explanation of what is causing this problem?

Vaping isn't new. It's been around for over a decade. If vaping is believed to be causing sudden acute symptoms, to include death, you'd think they would have noticed it sometime in the past 15 years.

So that leaves us with a few possibilities:

1. The entire medical community didn't notice acute symptoms and death related to vaping for 15 years, be there are woke now!

2. Something has changed in the vaping supply chain or consumables, and tainted or bad product has been put on the market.... this seems somewhat unlikely, as the vaping industry is now more mature and better regulated, both by government and internally, than it was a few years ago. I shudder when I think about some of the shit vape juice that was common a few years ago.

3. Public policy is wagging the dog. Vaping cuts into tobacco excise taxes... the federal government has about 13 billion annual reasons to stop people from vaping, and states have over 18 billion reasons to consider any respiratory illness to be a result of vaping.

Given the widespread nature of the alleged vaping related illness problem, it seems less likely that a single tainted batch of product is to blame.
Been racking my brain trying to figure out what the commonality could be.

About the only thing I could think of is wire used in coil production. Run of wire tainted with lead or some other foreign metal
I don't know much about the nicotine salts based systems (like Juul), but I doubt a tainted run of wire would have caused the issues.

There are substantial differences between traditional PG/VG 'juice' based systems and the new salts based systems. If the illnesses are shared across both platforms, we can likely rule out the delivery mechanism.

I'd be inclined to blame a tainted batch of nicotine extract, but that doesn't account for the illness being present in THC users.

I am curious if the illnesses are limited to pod (salts / Juul style) based systems. If so, it wouldn't surprise me if they are simply overdosing. The salts based systems deliver higher concentrations faster than traditional juice.

The problem is we don't have enough data to draw conclusions from. What has been released is inconclusive and sketchy at best. Some patients are suspected of using vape products, but with no specifics. Others are said to have recently started vaping, but once again no specifics. What we need is full details - what devices are they using, what consumables are they using, when did they start, where did they buy the items, which flavors or concentrations are they using, etc. etc.

When the tainted Tylenol issue happened years ago, it was traced down to specific products, batches, and lot numbers. There was no national discussion on banning all OTC analgesics out of an abundance of caution.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I disagree that their are substantial differences.  The difference is that salt based systems “can” use juice that has effectively a much higher concentration of nic than is comfortable with freebase systems.  Because of this, it can use much less power and vaporize much less fluid to achieve the same nic effects.  That said, unless you are dealing with pure VG, there are tons of pod based systems that you can fill with lower nic freebase juice and still make vape.  You just need to take more hits for an effect.

The flip side to that is I have a 3mg salt ejuice in my sub-ohm right now.  It works almost exactly like a 3mg freebase ejuice, but has almost no throat hit.  It is really smooth.

I have also been stupid and put 30mg salt in a sub-ohm direct to lung device.  It is not a pleasent experience.  I had to rewick.  That said, my wife also hated that same juice in her pod system.
—-
For investigative purposes, I just took a couple puffs off my wife’s pod system.  Damn it is harsh compared to my sub-ohm. The low nic freebase was stronger off it than mine, and the nic salt was wicked.

So kind of the only differences is most pod based systems work with lower watts and more restrictive airflow.  (Of course I can restrict airflow on mine, but have no desire to).  The restricted airflow allows the low watt unit to make a thicker, but much smaller, puff than high airflow would.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I disagree that their are substantial differences.  The difference is that salt based systems “can” use juice that has effectively a much higher concentration of nic than is comfortable with freebase systems.  Because of this, it can use much less power and vaporize much less fluid to achieve the same nic effects.  That said, unless you are dealing with pure VG, there are tons of pod based systems that you can fill with lower nic freebase juice and still make vape.  You just need to take more hits for an effect.

The flip side to that is I have a 3mg salt ejuice in my sub-ohm right now.  It works almost exactly like a 3mg freebase ejuice, but has almost no throat hit.  It is really smooth.

I have also been stupid and put 30mg salt in a sub-ohm direct to lung device.  It is not a pleasent experience.  I had to rewick.  That said, my wife also hated that same juice in her pod system.
View Quote
I have never tried the nicotine salt based juices, so I will defer to you on the subject.

Personally, I would like to see the industry better regulated. Whether that means 'self-regulated' or 'regulated by force' is immaterial. I want FDA involved to study which flavorings are safe(r) for inhalation. I want juice produced in compounding pharmacies, not bathtubs or third world countries. I would like to see vaping presented as a safer alternative to smoking.

That means treating it as a public good, not as something that needs to be banned. We research food additives to ensure a safe food supply and don't threaten to ban all food because some food is bad for you, vaping should be the same way. Humans like nicotine, why can't we perfect the safest possible delivery mechanism for it?

Pardon the rant. It really isn't directed at you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I still haven’t seen anyone say why it isn’t an issue in other countries like Europe. I’m sure they vape there. Why is this only a US problem? Not a single peep about any suspected issues anywhere else including Canada.

Still say something doesn’t make sense. I’m not trying to say it’s not possible that there’s an issue, but until we start to see the same thing going on in other areas it makes it look highly suspect.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 12:30:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cumulative effect? Maybe, like tobacco, it takes years to become ill from it? So just now been around long enough to see the onset of long term health consequences?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mind explaining the other millions of vape users that have been vaping for years without issue?
Cumulative effect? Maybe, like tobacco, it takes years to become ill from it? So just now been around long enough to see the onset of long term health consequences?
Vaping has been a thing for close to 20 years now.  Some of the deceased had recently started vaping.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

—-
For investigative purposes, I just took a couple puffs off my wife’s pod system.  Damn it is harsh compared to my sub-ohm. The low nic freebase was stronger off it than mine, and the nic salt was wicked.

So kind of the only differences is most pod based systems work with lower watts and more restrictive airflow.  (Of course I can restrict airflow on mine, but have no desire to).  The restricted airflow allows the low watt unit to make a thicker, but much smaller, puff than high airflow would.
View Quote
Spot on.

I have switched over to salts from freebase nicotine also. I prefer the term buffered nicotine instead of salt. I have no idea who came up with that moniker but they need a slap in the head.

I switched from a high watt tank system over to a ZERO pod system. I bounce back and forth between 12mg free to 25mg buffered in my pods.

I agree there is a huge difference in smoothness between the two types.

Back to the main discussion, I'm still leaning more towards tainted/cut liquid causing the issue.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I have yet to see a what the actual cause of death is for these individuals, or any explanation of how vaping caused it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States

LET'S BAN VAPING!
View Quote
yep

honk honk

it is all about the money and the corruption
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#13]
11 whole deaths?  Jeebus, we better ban kiddie pools those thongs kill waaaaay more kids.  For the children.

Vaping is pretty retarded imo.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:12:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So 11 people dead in the last year?

More than 180 TIMES more people were struck by lightening. That's the true problem we need to address!
View Quote
Banning lightening...now you are in to something....we should probably start a “War on Sharks” while we are at it......for the kids
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Was talking about related death of multi year users. By your posting sort of eliminates you
View Quote
I started vaping like 3-4 years ago....
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's pretty quacking weird that many small business owners took to the free market to develop a safer and cheaper alternative to tobacco are now death dealers.

This is like a doubled-charged lot of XM193 hitting the market, but the media reporting all forms of 556 NATO are going to destroy your rifle while government stops all sales of 556/223 in the name of safety.
View Quote
Its almost as if some big profitable businesses were trying to shrink market options back down so that they could corner that market.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#18]
So is this some insidious way to create housing or employment.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#19]
11 people have probably died this year from simply eating.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
11 people have probably died this year from simply eating.
View Quote
I would be willing to bet many more than 11 were killed directly my McDonalds food
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't get the newfound panic over this.  11 people is statistically zero.  I'm sure 11 people have died while scratching off lottery tickets in a thunderstorm and had a birdhouse fall on their head, or any other crazy series of events.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Every thread against vaping or the people within the thread that see vaping as a "serious" threat seem to have a negative outlook on vaping in general and are just using the mysterious deaths with very little to no information as a way to justify their outlook.

Every report I've seen the people died from the use of THC carts that had Vitamin E Acetate in them, another thing I didnt even think of is deaths in general that could be blamed on vaping. How many people die per year with no reported cause? Or people that die from something small that started years ago, these cases could also have a few people that experience one or the other...but lets ban vaping because "I think its stupid". I dont see a real reason people think its stupid aside from people who dont smoke using it as a fad, that is stupid - but having a alternative to smoking that has saved the lives of millions over the course of 20 years isnt what I would consider "stupid".

I would like to see more information surrounding these deaths, especially the persons physical characteristics, life choices, and health issues aside from vaping. There is more information on people who OD from heroine than these vaping cases, and many of the OD cases are seen and written in just a few minutes...being that these are the first few cases being blamed on vaping you would think they would spend a extraordinary amount of time pulling all the information they could on each case to see if in every case that vaping was the cause of death and how vaping was the actual culprit....unless it is about money and control.

Gov needs funding, if people are alive and doing well they cannot expand. If people are getting sick and dying then many programs are called for, and there will be a need for funding for each of these programs. Vaping has costs them billions in the last 2 decades, and to get that settlement funding for each state by Big Tobacco companies (the case is "THE PEOPLE vs. BIG TOBACCO"), which tobacco companies had agreed to pay $368.5 billion over the first 25 years to smokers and states to cover medical costs for cigarette-related illnesses - the states and Feds have to follow requirements set up by BIG Toacco to get that funding every year. Any deviation will impede or cost them.
https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/first/m/mollenkamp-tobacco.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-states-make-billions-from-tobacco-taxes-and-lawsuits-but-spend-little-on-smoking-prevention/
https://www.npr.org/2013/10/13/233449505/15-years-later-where-did-all-the-cigarette-money-go

Look at X-rays of people who smoked and then quit by way of vaping, their lungs look much healthier after a few months. There isnt any "second hand vapor" as the air quality is the same after it is exhaled. There arent any chemicals in eliquid that people arent already using in other medical uses, its the same ingredients that are used in Inhalers, Nebulizers, and Vaporizers....Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerin, Nicotine (optional), and flavoring.
Vaping has been around for almost 2 decades now and the ingredients and delivery system is the same as the vaporizers and inhalers used by hospitals and parents for decades.

Tar in smoking is what ultimately destroys your lungs by coating these hairs. If vaping was a problem then people that use nebulizers to breathe would also have the same issues as it uses the same style atomization and same ingredients, which have been used for almost 70 years as a medical treatment for your lungs.

Ive been vaping since 2006, from what Ive read by other posters on the forum, I and millions of others on vaping forums should have died a while ago.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#23]
4chan graphic, but I believe I was right on page 1

Black market vape capsules with dealers trying to stretch their product by putting in a ton of toxic shit

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorta has a good point. I mean if it’s a mysterious lung disease that they don’t know anything about how can they be certain it was people dying from vaping as opposed to people dying who vaped. Honestly they can’t say what’s causing it because they say they don’t know what it is so.....
They said this

The death is one of nine confirmed cases in Georgia. The nine people were hospitalized and developed pneumonia with “no known infectious cause,” according to the agency.
(...)
Doctors are reporting cases of otherwise healthy patients, many in their late teens and 20s, showing up in emergency rooms gasping for breath and vomiting. The CDC said the outbreak does not seem to be caused by an infection but by chemical exposure, possibly a solvent mixed with nicotine or THC, the main psychoactive chemical in marijuana.
https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/first-death-linked-mysterious-vaping-illness-confirmed-georgia/GdZmSdAdkHXQeDd7R8PxdM/
Well look at that, vindicated by the cdc.

Quoted:

Under pyrolysis sure, combustion consumes the crystalline solid turns it to something else that you inhale. Vaping does not cause combustion. It's just a valid theory as anything I've seen posted this far. But more than likely it's the OIL that the thc is suspended in, liquid at room temp, heat to vapor, cools to something akin to bacon grease at body temp? Someone post that 19 year olds scans again.

That certainly isn't pg ang vg. Your saying it ain't thc, welp that leaves the carrier of the thc.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Black market vape capsules with dealers trying to stretch their product by putting in a ton of toxic shit

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132893/1569596260251m_jpg-1104311.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/132893/1569596260251m_jpg-1104311.JPG
Just reading a thread on Reddit about how a fungicide (myclobutanil) turns into hydrogen cyanide when heated.
It is commonly found in THC carts/oils.

One of the post there (cited NBC news)

Seeking answers, NBC News commissioned one of the nation's leading cannabis testing facilities to test a sampling of THC cartridges — 18 in all — obtained from legal dispensaries and unlicensed dealers.
The findings were deeply troubling.
Of the three purchased from legal dispensaries in California, the CannaSafe testing company found no heavy metals, pesticides or residual solvents like Vitamin E.
But 13 out of the other 15 samples from black market THC cartridges were found to contain Vitamin E.
CannaSafe also tested 10 of the unregulated cartridges for pesticides. All 10 tested positive.
The products all contained myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just reading a thread on Reddit about how a fungicide (myclobutanil) turns into hydrogen cyanide when heated.

View Quote
Ban nicotine flavors! It's for the children! People are dying!
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:01:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn, Chemistry, you scary!
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jesus Christ!
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#29]
What about Vick’s vapoinhaler?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I still think this is directly related to people using oils instead of glycol.
View Quote
What are they smoking?
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#31]
All those young people under 18.That have died and the ones that vape how come none of the parents dont go to jail for child abuse????
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All those young people under 18.That have died and the ones that vape how come none of the parents dont go to jail for child abuse????
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If parents were held more accountable for the actions of their children, the children may be punished more leading them to be more well behaved.. win win?
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So 11 people dead in the last year?

More than 180 TIMES more people were struck by lightening. That's the true problem we need to address!
View Quote
Not sure why everyone keeps trying to down play the importance of people dying. Should we not try and find causes of things that are killing people? What if you knew someone that had this illness or even died from it, you probably wouldn't like people posting about how lightning kills more people.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#35]
More laws and bans is always the answer
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
What if it saves lives tho? Its not like a gun. No vape pen has saved someone's life.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

What if it saves lives tho? Its not like a gun. No vape pen has saved someone's life.
View Quote
Bull crap.

You can't prove a negative. Vaping may or may not of saved my life by not smoking cigarettes.

And to your point about finding the cause of the deaths, no one is saying it shouldn't be looked into. But it is being blown out of proportion.

Vaping is not the direct cause just the delivery system. They were poisoned by something not associated with traditional vaping liquids.

What, where, and how the substance(s) was (were) introduced are the important questions.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bull crap.

You can't prove a negative. Vaping may or may not of saved my life by not smoking cigarettes.

And to your point about finding the cause of the deaths, no one is saying it shouldn't be looked into. But it is being blown out of proportion.

Vaping is not the direct cause just the delivery system. They were poisoned by something not associated with traditional vaping liquids.

What, where, and how the substance(s) was (were) introduced are the important questions.
View Quote
A gun can be shown to have saved a life. You can't really say that about vaping because its just a substitute. A nicotine inhaler (not a heat element, like below) is a better alternative as a cessation device, but I don't think you can really make a case that it saved someone. A gun in a self defense situation literally saves a life. Right then, right there. Can't say that about any vape device.

I dont think its being blown out of proportion. People respond to this kind of media coverage. Look at the frenzy whipped up about bumpstocks. This "blown out of proportion" coverage is probably lessening the use of vapes across the US. Vapers tend to be young and can be saved. I got a buddy (my friends neighbor), who's 18, he said he started because everyone around him was doing it and he started just to fit in. After all this coverage he said he wouldn't ever go near the stuff again. He's not a stupid kid either, has a job installing avionics and is getting his pilots license soon.

I think its getting the attention it deserves.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 12:59:04 PM EDT
[#39]
A) Who cares
B) We need to remove laws, not add more
C) I bet more people died from building IKEA furniture
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A gun can be shown to have saved a life. You can't really say that about vaping because its just a substitute. A nicotine inhaler (not a heat element, like below) is a better alternative as a cessation device, but I don't think you can really make a case that it saved someone. A gun in a self defense situation literally saves a life. Right then, right there. Can't say that about any vape device.

https://media.consumeraffairs.com/files/news/nicotine-inhaler.jpg

I dont think its being blown out of proportion. People respond to this kind of media coverage. Look at the frenzy whipped up about bumpstocks. This "blown out of proportion" coverage is probably lessening the use of vapes across the US. Vapers tend to be young and can be saved. I got a buddy (my friends neighbor), who's 18, he said he started because everyone around him was doing it and he started just to fit in. After all this coverage he said he wouldn't ever go near the stuff again. He's not a stupid kid either, has a job installing avionics and is getting his pilots license soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bull crap.

I use nicotine for your safety, not mine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

That should be a sig line.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:01:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why aren’t you supporting bans on kiddie pools....or full size pools for that matter then?  It would save lots of lives.  Probably should ban fast food.....oh and cars, definitely cars.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hard to prove what would have happen if the gun wasn't there. That's conjecture.
We can only take an educated guess of the situations outcome if it wasn't present.
That's why it's so hard to prove to gun grabbers that guns save lives.

A gun is a substitute for a knife, a knife is a substitute for a hand, etc.

What are the ingredients of said inhaler? And who makes it?

You are moving the goal posts. First it was about the deaths and vaping bad, to now it's keeping kids from vaping.

I'm glad the kid chose not to vape. Honestly, good for him. Peer pressure is a strong force, that's how I got into smoking cigarettes.

But it doesn't make him a rocket scientist to be scared off because sensationalized media stories. I hope he doesn't vote if that's all it takes to change his mind.

You're on a anti-vaping crusade for whatever reason so nothing else matters. You just keep pushing your agenda. Hmmm, that seems very familiar.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We already banned children using vape devices.

Banning it from adults is ridiculous. If we're banning it "to save lives", we need to ban fatty foods and beer as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You get it. I’ve said the same thing many times
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do you drink alcohol? Do you use caffeine? Do you eat red meat?

Maybe we can [b]save[b] you too and ban those things. If you're going to be a nanny state yankee statist, you might as well get a taste of your own medicine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#47]
The CDC just came out that the problem of this Lung shit is associated with Bootleg THC products !!!!!!

The report also stated that because THC products are illegal for nonmedical use in these states (and others), and the
majority of these products are obtained through friends, dealers or illegal means, it's possible some patients didn't disclose
what products they'd used.

Duhhhhhh  !!!

Health departments in some states – namely New York and Utah – are also eyeing vitamin E acetate as a potential cause of
illness in some residents there. Laboratory testing confirmed the substance, also known as vitamin E oil, was present in
"nearly all of the cannabis-containing samples" obtained from some sickened patients in New York. Meanwhile, Utah health
officials said 90 percent of the samples tested by a state laboratory contained the agent.

Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#48]
From the CDC (it seems like 16% of the patients are lying...)

CDC has received sex and age data on 771 patients.

About 69% of patients are male.

Nearly two thirds (62%) of patients are 18 to 34 years old; with 22% of patients between 18-21.

16% of patients are under 18 years.

All reported patients have a history of e-cigarette product use or vaping.

The latest findings from the investigation into lung injuries associated with e-cigarette use, or vaping, suggest products containing THC play a role in the outbreak.

CDC has received data on substances used in e-cigarettes or vaping products in the 30 days prior to symptom onset among 514 patients.

About 77% reported using THC-containing products; 36% reported exclusive use of THC-containing products.

About 57% reported using nicotine-containing products; 16% reported exclusive use of nicotine-containing products.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Maybe we can [b]save[b] you too and ban those things. If you're going to be a nanny state yankee statist, you might as well get a taste of your own medicine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems that OP has a savior complex.

Save this, save that, they can be saved. yada yada.....
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm fairly certain OP is an "all drugs are bad" type and would support another Prohibition.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top