BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Picatinny mount cup holder.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 2:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Double stacks & compacts for carry guns, I can still properly defend myself without them.

Night vision or thermal when I spend my evenings at home.

Red dots on carry guns and other pistols. It's not an absolute and is a false logic. Eli made your impossible shots with irons, case closed.

The OEM charging handle, just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's better or effective and totally useless for lefties.

The A2 comp, cheap doesn't make it effective or better than more expensive MD's that have actually been proven to work better.

Magazine compatibility with a subcompact carry gun to use aftermarket or bigger brother model magazines, simma down there urban cowboy.

Slick receivers, the FA is not useless. The Defender of Kenosha had to use his, not sorry to hurt the feelings of the operators among us by saying that.

Single stage milspec triggers. Complete garbage. If you're worried about an ND or AD with an SSA or MBT 2 stage, finger off of the fucking trigger and on safe until ready to fire. Obey the four rules, knucklehead.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Everything I don't like.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The OEM charging handle, just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's better or effective and totally useless for lefties.

The A2 comp, cheap doesn't make it effective or better than more expensive MD's that have actually been proven to work better.

View Quote

The AR (assuming thats what we're talking about) works perfectly for lefties. If it doesn't, you are using it wrong. Use your middle and index finger.

If you want to do this; Attachment Attached File

Get a different CH.

WRT the a2, the a2 does a real good job until you get to 11.5's or shorter. There's a lot of muzzle devices out there, I'd be shocked if even 1/4 of them performed better than an A2
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The AR (assuming thats what we're talking about) works perfectly for lefties. If it doesn't, you are using it wrong. Use your middle and index finger.

If you want to do this; https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/527441/download__3__jpeg-2467026.JPG

Get a different CH.

WRT the a2, the a2 does a real good job until you get to 11.5's or shorter. There's a lot of muzzle devices out there, I'd be shocked if even 1/4 of them performed better than an A2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to do this; https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/527441/download__3__jpeg-2467026.JPG

Get a different CH.

No, it absolutely does not. I want my CH to work for a lefty the same way an OEM works for a righty.

For the record, I am not using it wrong, it's wrong for people that are not right handed. And I've already gotten a different CH.

I know that you think that you are helping, but you are not. The people that make the ignorant comments that we don't need anything other than OEM CH's are ignorant right handed people who lack critical thinking.

The A2 does not do anything better than what you're saying. Over 1/4 do indeed perform better than an A2. After seeing a bunch of Smith and Surefire pronged MD's alongside some A1 and A2's, the A1 and A2 were lightbulbs. The BCM Gunfighter hybrid while not being great at flash, does a better job at compensating. The A2 can't beat at comping and can't beat at flash suppression, so it's just cheap. Cheap isn't a function, it's a form. Function matters more than form.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:26:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:27:39 AM EDT
[#7]
A multi shot firearm.
Nobody needs more that one shot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No, it absolutely does not. I want my CH to work for a lefty the same way an OEM works for a righty.

For the record, I am not using it wrong, it's wrong for people that are not right handed. And I've already gotten a different CH.

I know that you think that you are helping, but you are not. The people that make the ignorant comments that we don't need anything other than OEM CH's are ignorant right handed people who lack critical thinking.
View Quote

damn dude take a chill pill.

A standard charging handle works every bit as well for a righty as it does a lefty, the thing is you have to use it the way it was designed to be used

I'm glad you figured out that if you want to use the gun in a way it wasn't designed for, you'll need to change parts.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow. I never knew the world of 'handedness' was so full of drama.

I now embrace my right-handed privilege.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:31:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow. I never knew the world of 'handedness' was so full of drama.

I now embrace my right-handed privilege.

View Quote

That’s why I mounted the free floating fleshlight, it’s ambidextrous.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A standard charging handle works every bit as well for a righty as it does a lefty, the thing is you have to use it the way it was designed to be used

I'm glad you figured out that if you want to use the gun in a way it wasn't designed for, you'll need to change parts.
View Quote

You should relax yourself first before giving it because you're acting a bit upset.

Your false narrative is still false. A standard CH does not work every bit just as good derp for a lefty as it does for a righty that it was designed for. Accept it that we're never going to agree on this and move on please.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You should relax yourself first before giving it because you're acting a bit upset.

Your false narrative is still false. A standard CH does not work every bit just as good derp for a lefty as it does for a righty that it was designed for. Accept it that we're never going to agree on this and move on please.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

It works fine, especially considering the age of the design. I guess if you have a horrible deformity that prevents your right index finger from hitting the latch, you're SOL.

But whatever.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:43:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Paki Tape

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:43:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Bolt hold open as a necessity.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/527441/Screenshot_20220727-023032_png-2467028.JPG

It works fine, especially considering the age of the design. I guess if you have a horrible deformity that prevents your right index finger from hitting the latch, you're SOL.

But whatever.
View Quote

That picture also has no scope and no BUIS with an iron sight carry handle angled up and away, meaning it's out of date with the times.

It does not work fine, just because you're saying it is doesn't make take away what I said that it is not fine. Stop making excuses to push a false narrative and accept it that you will not win this one, or do the adult thing and agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:55:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
nods

you spend the evenings at home

you aren't clapping anyone in the dark with a rifle
View Quote

Lame. My shift ends at 11, unless I want to work more. So I spend plenty of time slapping steel in the summer at night and hunting coyotes fall and winter.

Sorry your mom or wife makes you tuck in at 9, or you just flat ass don't have anywhere to use anything cool.  Don't feel bad, I see it all the time with guys and their offroad stuff too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:56:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That picture also has no scope and no BUIS with an iron sight carry handle angled up and away, meaning it's out of date with the times.

It does not work fine, just because you're saying it is doesn't make take away what I said that it is not fine. Stop making excuses to push a false narrative and accept it that you will not win this one, or do the adult thing and agree to disagree and leave it at that.
View Quote

You make a good point about scopes and BUIS.

That said, it still works fine with lots of optics people are using on AR's like dots, or LPVO's

Adult thing? Like accusing me of pushing a false narrative over a $10 charging handle? Ffs dude.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 3:59:17 AM EDT
[#18]
loaded chamber indicators...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Ever? The blish lock, because it didn't actually work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:07:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
loaded chamber indicators...
View Quote

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You make a good point about scopes and BUIS.

That said, it still works fine with lots of optics people are using on AR's like dots, or LPVO's

Adult thing? Like accusing me of pushing a false narrative over a $10 charging handle? Ffs dude.
View Quote

It doesn't work fine for a left hander, meaning you cannot take away what I said and make a claim that it is fine when it indeed isn't. Which is what a false narrative. The sooner you stop making the false absolute, the sooner I won't have to say that it's a false narrative.

You're the one who's accusing me of not knowing how to use a CH, dude. FFS indeed

Again, you are not going to win this one. I gave a peaceful option ending this between us where no one wins and we can get on about other things, all it takes is to not tell me it's fine when it's not fine and we can move on.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:15:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Does it take Glock mags?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Extended magazine release on anything but a range toy.

You’ll need the 15 in the gun to stay put far more than a quick reload.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It doesn't work fine for a left hander, meaning you cannot take away what I said and make a claim that it is fine when it indeed isn't. Which is what a false narrative. The sooner you stop making the false absolute, the sooner I won't have to say that it's a false narrative.

You're the one who's accusing me of not knowing how to use a CH, dude. FFS indeed

Again, you are not going to win this one. I gave a peaceful option ending this between us where no one wins and we can get on about other things, all it takes is to not tell me it's fine when it's not fine and we can move on.
View Quote

It works the same for a lefty as the M1s charging handle works for a righty.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dont bother. He argues with everyone.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Piston driven - DI is lighter, more accurate, and more reliable
CNC - Marketing gimmick, practically everything is CNC nowadays
MPI - Almost meaningless unless you know the rejection criteria and detection rate
Billet - Actually inferior to forgings but cost more so must be betta!
Spiral fluting - Rigidity of a pencil barrel with 2x the weight.  Benefits of head dissipation is practically worthless and pushed for idiots to eat up
Carbon fiber barrels - If you think they dissipate heat better, you are a gullible idiot.  Also prone to stringing due to differences in coefficient of thermal expansion between CF and steel.  Delamination is an issue at higher temps
View Quote

Good list.

I was going to say pistons in weapons specifically designed for Direct Impingement. In my experience gas exiting the bolt carrier will often blow any debris off of the bolt and bolt carrier before the chamber is exposed. Adding a piston removes that benefit, and doesn't offer anything appreciable in return.

CNC, MPI, and billet vs. forged- Yes.

Spiral fluting looks cool and supposedly dissipates heat better, but adds weight that does nothing for you, so that one is user specific.

I don't know enough about carbon fiber to agree one way or the other, so I'll tentatively agree based on the wisdom of the other points.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:47:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't like the M1 or M1A, nor the Mini 14. Not a fan of side chargers.

So no change from what I had said.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dont bother. He argues with everyone.
View Quote

Because they chose to argue with me first? You came to me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Bumpstocks
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Because they chose to argue with me first? You came to me.
View Quote

Discussion is only an argument if you turn it into one.

This is a discussion forum, i have as much of a right to post here as you do.

If you think any disagreement with your opinions is 'being argumentative', then thats on you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Discussion is only an argument if you turn it into one.

This is a discussion forum, i have as much of a right to post here as you do.

If you think any disagreement with your opinions is 'being argumentative', then thats on you.
View Quote

Well you turned it into one by not accepting that you were wrong.

You were not discussing, you were here to tell me that I was wrong and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Had you wanted to discuss, you would have asked why I had felt that way instead of arrogantly assuming things. Had you wanted to information share, you would have found out that it's not so simple and that there's more to it than your way or the highway of doing things. When someone does something different, I always ask why, even if I have no intention on doing it myself. I like hearing what others do that is different from me. What I don't like is being told ignorantly that their way is right and my way is wrong. The way I was taught to use a CH that is ambidextrous is not wrong and is function worth what I paid for. You know what I get with a $10 charging handle that's OEM and isn't ambidextrous? I get form and not function.

This kind of being cheap is not effective. In every CH thread in tech the same BS gets repeated: we don't need anything else other than cheap and effective OEM CH's and always from a right handed person's mouth. I called on it in a thread asking what features we thought were overrated. You were the one who wanted to argue this with along with the A2 MD who also use the same BS excuse of cheap and effective.

I think any person not accepting any answer and keeps doing so is the one being argumentative and is on them/you and not me. I defend meaning I get to have a say in this as well. If you want to be the only one having last words then you shouldn't have started this because that is not how this works and me defending is not being argumentative so again, that is on you and not me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does it take Glock mags?
View Quote

If you don't consolidate to a common platform, how can you outfit your rig with kit?
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am going with "controlled-round feed" like on a Mauser 98.  I think it's unnecessary and possibly dangerous if a round you need to feed gets in front of the extractor and the gun isn't set-up also to push feed.  Some of the most reliable guns ever made are not controlled-round feed.
View Quote

I have a push feed model 70 Winchester and a CRF Yugoslavian Mauser.

You are big wrong about this, based on my experience with these two guns.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Using electronic sights on a carry gun
View Quote

I thought I was alone

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You were not discussing, you were here to tell me that I was wrong and that I didn't know what I was talking about. Had you wanted to discuss, you would have asked why I had felt that way instead of arrogantly assuming things. Had you wanted to information share, you would have found out that it's not so simple and that there's more to it than your way or the highway of doing things. When someone does something different, I always ask why, even if I have no intention on doing it myself. I like hearing what others do that is different from me. What I don't like is being told ignorantly that their way is right and my way is wrong. The way I was taught to use a CH that is ambidextrous is not wrong and is function worth what I paid for. You know what I get with a $10 charging handle that's OEM and isn't ambidextrous? I get form and not function.

This kind of being cheap is not effective. In every CH thread in tech the same BS gets repeated: we don't need anything else other than cheap and effective OEM CH's and always from a right handed person's mouth. I called on it in a thread asking what features we thought were overrated. You were the one who wanted to argue this with along with the A2 MD who also use the same BS excuse of cheap and effective.

I think any person not accepting any answer and keeps doing so is the one being argumentative and is on them/you and not me. I defend meaning I get to have a say in this as well. If you want to be the only one having last words then you shouldn't have started this because that is not how this works and me defending is not being argumentative so again, that is on you and not me.
View Quote

Its pretty clear being right is a big deal to you, you go through all this effort over some parts that have a combined worth of $20.

It also explains the way you argue, and the fact you Argue with everyone. Oh but poor you. It's everyone else's fault, right? Go touch grass.

I pointed out some flaws in your logic, based on my experience using mil-spec charging handles, and being left handed. But you can't have that. Everyone has to bend to your iron will. Your ego literally cannot handle disagreement, which is why you have to cite lists of what you perceive to be logical fallacies over a fucking $10 charging handle and an $8 muzzle device, the ones i agreed are not as good as modern versions. Guess that wasn't enough for you.

I would call you petty, but that doesn't even begin to describe the way you are acting. Have a great day.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Forward cocking serrations.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Manual safety on pistols carried for self defense.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:53:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Its pretty clear being right is a big deal to you, you go through all this effort over some parts that have a combined worth of $20.

It also explains the way you argue, and the fact you Argue with everyone. Oh but poor you. It's everyone else's fault, right? Go touch grass.

I pointed out some flaws in your logic, based on my experience using mil-spec charging handles, and being left handed. But you can't have that. Everyone has to bend to your iron will. Your ego literally cannot handle disagreement, which is why you have to cite lists of what you perceive to be logical fallacies over a fucking $10 charging handle and an $8 muzzle device, the ones i agreed are not as good as modern versions. Guess that wasn't enough for you.

I would call you petty, but that doesn't even begin to describe the way you are acting. Have a great day.
View Quote
You do realize that being right is also a big deal for you as well, you refuse to give up when repelled each time. You seem to have a value on $20 of parts that I don't and this bothers you inexplicably.

You pointed out your own ignorance on said subject, my logic was and still is sound. You superimposed yourself into me, that is not experience that trumps my own, that is you trying to trump my own experience using yourself as an example without opening your eyes that this isn't black or white. What I can't have is your way or the highway of thinking. I am not trying to bend anyone's will, you are trying to bend my will to yours. Do I want to you to do things my way? No, I do not. But you seem keen on getting me to change POV's to yours without understanding the whole story. Your own ego is the issue for you keep pressing the issue while I have none and will continue to defend my position when another ego is attacking me. I can handle disagreements, what I can't handle is people like you who cannot handle anyone that is not liking what they like. My lists are not logical fallacies either, and you're making a mountain over a ten dollar fucking charging handle and an eight dollar MD that isn't effective for me.

You're the one who's being petty, you have no position to lecture me on anything when your own stance stinks to high heaven. And I'd have a better day if you would just grow up and agree to disagree and let me be.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:59:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Just want to say that as a lefty, the normal charging handle works fine for me, until there’s a scope over it. Which is likely the same problem for a righty.

Even then, I normally grab it off the side like the picture above. I’d actually prefer an “ambi” handle if I was righty. Kinda like a halfass side charger. Also has me using my weak hand up front to better support the weight of the rifle. Can’t use the CH and trigger at the same time anyway…

My aftermarket of choice is the PRI gasbuster with “combat latch”. Works great.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Loaded chamber indicator.

They're all loaded, WTF is the point?
View Quote

They're required by law in some places. Democrats don't know gun safety rules.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Sights.

Nobody needs sights in the hood.

Nobody needs sights in the Middle East.

Nobody needs sights in Africa.

Sights are easily the most overrated feature on a gun.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Gun locks that come with a new gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Red dot on a handgun. That’s just stupid.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:14:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Suppressors.

Cool with actual subs and sometimes worth it depending on the application, but way over-rated for most uses.

Good, but over-rated, just like the movie Tombstone.

Let the hate flow...
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Ambidextrous charging handles
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bolt hold open as a necessity.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

You are going to upset the Cult of the Holy Lever. In a rifle it might be of some use if the bolt catch is easier to access than the charging lever. But in a pistol? If you can't tell the pistol is out of ammo without one, you need more training. And if your instructor tells you to adjust your proper grip to avoid riding it, you need to change instructors. Also, if a proper grip causes it to be bumped to fail locked back, you need to get rid of it. Also get rid of it if it limits your bullet or COL selection (like in a 1911 and many other single stacks). Also ditch it if you can cram more rounds in your mag without it. So there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Suppressors.

Cool with actual subs and sometimes worth it depending on the application, but way over-rated for most uses.

Good, but over-rated, just like the movie Tombstone.

Let the hate flow...
View Quote

Just trying to understand your POV here, but you think hearing safe is overrated? I know that the sonic cracks are loud as hell but it certainly makes it not as traumatic when shooting indoors to defend house and home.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 6:27:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Loaded chamber indicator.

They're all loaded, WTF is the point?
View Quote

Probably the biggest reason the Ruger SR9 couldn’t make it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you feel about ambidextrous safeties on a 1911?

Disclaimer: I'm a lefty.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Pistol-mounted and shotgun-mounted suppressors. Nothing but range toys.

Single-action mode in non-cowboy revolvers. Huge crutch for guys who don't want to learn how to pull a double action trigger correctly.

Full-auto and faux-auto. It's fun, it should be legal, but the number of times I've ever thought to myself at a class or match "if only I could switch into happy mode to do this faster!" could be counted on one hand... less, even.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top