Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Why are you telling your mom?

Both my parents are pro-gun rights, though not into guns all that much themselves.  I still don't tell them much.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I purchase a pistol... I am of legal age and living on my own.. Her logic is that pistols are used only in the killing of people..
View Quote

They are used for that, and I'd suggest pointing that out.

If she has a problem with it, then tough shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#3]
In on this shit.

Can we get some pics of mom?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
My mot h error also threatened to disown me if I bought a handgun.

Bought one anyway. She got mad but needs me to take care of do to health issues so I live with and take care of her.

Solution was to take her to shoot the handgun. I created a monster.  She now has 5 handguns, chl and expects a gun related present on mother's day, birthday and Christmas. She now also has 4 bolt rifles and two ar's I built for her. She 80 getting revenge through my bank account.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#5]
what momma don't know won't hurt her

just don't bring the gun to her house when you visit

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:57:19 AM EDT
[#6]
lol

The trolling really has gone downhill around here.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The proper response is to get 2 hand guns that way if she asks if you got a hand gun "singular" you are not lieing when you tell her no.
View Quote

Years ago when I worked campus security I was called into the chief's office one day. Chief asked me: "Does Bob K carry a gun on duty ?"

(We both worked graveyard shift, and Bob K was a NFA collector who regularly carried 2 or 3 guns concealed on his person as did I even though it was against the rules.)

I responded, "No, he does not carry a gun on duty."
-Chief smiled and sent me on my way.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quit worrying about her money and go make some of your own. It's not like she is going to give it to you anytime soon anyway.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:24:21 AM EDT
[#9]
1. Keep mouth shut.

2. Buy arsenal.

3. Make millions off mom's business and inheritance.

4. Why is your screen name "cubby"?

Edit:

5. We have rules.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:25:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Do
eeettt
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:27:42 AM EDT
[#11]
The only reason you would be worrying about it, is if she can see your bank statement. Which means she pays for your shit. End of story.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:28:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Lol

Grow a pair.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Remind her that you'll be choosing her nursing home and medical care.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I purchase a pistol... I am of legal age and living on my own.. Her logic is that pistols are used only in the killing of people.. what would GD do? No pics of mother. Edit: She has been a sucessful business women who is in sole possession of a large fortune and more importantly, a company I have worked with for years and hope to return to when im older. I make my own money and live on my own, but I do not want to be cut out of the family business if I ever wanted to return to it.
View Quote

If she would truly disown you for exercising your 2A rights, then good riddance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
WowPro, is that you?
View Quote

WoWPro does what he wants.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:51:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Explain to her that we live in a dangerous world that has become increasingly more dangerous due to the policies of President Obama who has imported hundreds of thousands of military fighting age men from societies who do not value life. Then explain to her that a side arm is a defensive weapon to be employed as an exit strategy should you or a love one become a victim of one of President Obama's predictors.

Additionally, in a polite society there are three things that men don't talk about, your women, your money, and your guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:53:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

WowPro, is that you?
View Quote
Wowpro would of thrown her out of the car

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:57:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

lol'd
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Dad threatened to disown me once, if I bought a motorcycle.

guess what?  He's now dead.

I still don't have a motorcycle.

Fuck you Dad.

lol'd

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:07:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I purchase a pistol... I am of legal age and living on my own.. Her logic is that pistols are used only in the killing of people.. what would GD do? No pics of mother. Edit: She has been a sucessful business women who is in sole possession of a large fortune and more importantly, a company I have worked with for years and hope to return to when im older. I make my own money and live on my own, but I do not want to be cut out of the family business if I ever wanted to return to it.
View Quote

If this is a question you need to ask the internet about, then you already know the answer.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 4:18:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If you're not alive, you won't have to worry about the company.

Ask your mom how she would feel if you were robbed and murdered because you couldn't protect yourself.

Do you really want to work for a company that doesn't value the lives of its family, let alone employees?

Sounds like mama has no clue about what it means to be a responsible person when it comes to survival in the cement jungle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're not alive, you won't have to worry about the company.

Ask your mom how she would feel if you were robbed and murdered because you couldn't protect yourself.

Do you really want to work for a company that doesn't value the lives of its family, let alone employees?

Sounds like mama has no clue about what it means to be a responsible person when it comes to survival in the cement jungle.

Yep.

"Ma, if somebody broke in here and was trying to hurt us what would you do?"

"Call the police."

"Why?"

"Because they have gu..."  

"Exactly, Ma, I'll show it to you after I buy it.  Maybe we could go to some shooting classes together.  Love ya, bye."

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Keep mouth shut, buy gun and more like it.

Recently my Dad told me i needed to stop buying guns since i have no one to pass them on to, i said okay fine I will sell a few....Instead I bought 6 more over a 6 week time frame including a suppressor. Then 2 months later i bought him a Colt Comp 1911 and an Aero M5 that smashed his idea of selling more guns.  I presented the Colt for early Bday gift and then the M5 for his bday. About 4 weeks apart.

Moral here is, dont listen.  How is your mother gonna find out? Does she come over or do you go visit often? If not dont worry.  One thing ive learned is someone who doesnt like guns that much is the more you involve them in the sport the less they hate guns.  Except the devote libs.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Did anyone say move out and take care of yourself yet?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've got to be your own man OP. Nobody else can do that for you.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#24]
OP and his mom

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I purchase a pistol... I am of legal age and living on my own.. Her logic is that pistols are used only in the killing of people.. what would GD do? No pics of mother. Edit: She has been a successful business women who is in sole possession of a large fortune and more importantly, a company I have worked with for years and hope to return to when im older. I make my own money and live on my own, but I do not want to be cut out of the family business if I ever wanted to return to it.
View Quote

Why does she have to know?  Time to be an adult...make a choice, but realize that you will have to accept the consequences for whatever choice you make....not GD
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Tell her you will disown her and not help her in her old age.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yes, but im stuck between respecting my mother/elders and knowing whats best for myself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're a grown man correct?

Yes, but im stuck between respecting my mother/elders and knowing whats best for myself.

OP........you sound like you need to grow up, be a man, live your life.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Money or gun. You pick but pick right.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#29]
You don't need mama's money, you can EARN your own.
Whoever controls the purse strings, also controls you.

This thread is not about a new pistol purchase, it's about you and your mom's relationship.
Your call on whether or not to become a stand alone man or stay a mommas boy.
I mean no disrespect or harshness in any of those words.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#30]
You should respect your mother's wishes.

go full auto.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#31]
buy the gun and stfu about it around her
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#32]
so buy it and don't tell her?

Im not seeing the issue here
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#33]
See folks, it is possible to get older, without growing up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#34]

Bye, Mom. Been nice knowin' ya.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
See folks, it is possible to get older, without growing up.
View Quote

Possible?

Hell, I've made it my life's goal!!!

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#36]

Do you boo. You do you...

Go buy the friggin thing... shoot it once, and buy 50 more that you'll never shoot....

she'll Callous over after a while and will probably go get one of her own..... that she'll never shoot.... because she's too afraid of everyone else having a gun.

oh... and one more thing

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Dear Mom,

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#38]
What mama don't know wont hurt her.

Mama says guns are the debil
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Whether you buy the pistol or not you need to walk away from this relationship. She is seeking to control you, how you spend your money, and is defining the relationship. This is not a healthy relationship.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Buy a nice knife to cut the umbilical cord too.

Youre a grown ass man why does she even know?
View Quote

No need to even read any more posts than this.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Tell your mom that she's right, you're not going to buy a pistol, and you're getting into stamp collecting instead.

Or just buy it and keep your mouth shut, it's not like it's any of her business anyway.

ETA: My mom used to threaten me with disinheritance all the time over stupid shit like this.  She's dead now.  Guess what?  Not only was I not disinherited, I was the administrator of her estate.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:25:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

How will she know if you buy one if you're of legal age and living on your own...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even close to being true.
Needs to work on that.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I think is ridiculous is why be ashamed of it?

Its casual conversation to my family though...Talk to mom once every week or so.

"Hey whats up?"
"not much, putting the rifles away." - After an Epic photo shoot for Arfcom , of course
"Oh yea? Get any new ones in?"
Nah, Too much money spent on the bike."  - Guns AND a motorcycle? I'm the devil child, right?
"Ah, well I still need to figure out which gun I'd like to get."
"We'll be home for the holidays. We'll find something that you feel comfy with"
"kthxbye"

OP Wants a pistol? OP needs to go buy a pistol
And he needs to remember its easy to ask forgiveness than permission.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#45]

there are lots of folks who do not know I have guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Why do I have this sneaking suspicion that she's pro choice...
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Haven't read the entire thread but you tell your mama way to much about your personal life.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#48]

Sounds like you need to man up and find your own career path, and move a long way away from your controlling mother.

Phone calls, and visits home for holidays will be plenty of contact.  Time to cut the apron strings.

Then again if she would threaten to disown you for buying a pistol who know what other petty shit she is going to pull

while dangling that juicy inheritance over your head.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do you tell your mother everything and hope that she approves?

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#50]

My Father-In-Law once told me that he was writing us out of his will.

I told him that this was ok, because the fact that he would be dead would be enough for me.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top