Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/16/2023 7:16:05 PM EDT
I don't know a thing about bikes but this was parked outside the gym today.  Probably one of the longest bikes I've seen.  Just thought I would share.  Is this a good one?  Assume fast & expensive.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just some mild paint work on the outside and an extended swing arm. Galpher wave rotor in the rear but too cheap to put them upfront as well. Betting they cheaper out everywhere else as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Seagoing mammal
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep gay bolt on shit. Although those bedazzled motor mount covers would be good on my track bike, o and just noticed the speaker in the fairing
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If there was a dude in the gym that smelled like cotton candy vape and was pre-workout raging, that’s his bike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Double tap
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Op: everyone here in GD has at least a turbo busa.

Get out of here with that weak shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Guy (contractor for Textron) I knew in Bagram bought like 5 of those off eBay and had them drop shipped to his mechanic for race prep.  Different length swing arms, NOS injection, set up for different courses.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I bet it is obnoxiously loud with that exhaust and he loves riding around with the RPMs as high as possible so people can hear the sound of his awesomeness.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Chortle…
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Ugly fucking piece of ghetto shit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If there was a dude in the gym that smelled like cotton candy vape and was pre-workout raging, that’s his bike.
View Quote

This, that long swing arm on anything but a legit drag strip bike is stupid.

Also, parking on a sidewalk is a douche look at me move.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Stock versions actually make decent sport tourers.

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
That there is a straight line only missile. Sure it's stupid fast, but it's also 500 lbs, and the idiot who owns it put a extended swing arm on it further ruining it's handling. Hayabusas attract a certain demographic for sure.

If you've never rode before and are interested, stay as far away from a Busa as possible. Start on a Ninja 250, learn and advance as your skills grow.

A motorcycle is just like a firearm, the moment you don't respect it (regardless of CCs) it will hurt you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a popular model and configuration for the South Side hood rats around here.

They don't go to the drag strip, though. The extended swingarm is just a style thing.

It's funny watching them doing simple turns at an intersection with their hyper-extended wheelbase. They go really slow and paddle with their feet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bet it is obnoxiously loud with that exhaust and he loves riding around with the RPMs as high as possible so people can hear the sound of his awesomeness.
View Quote

You forgot "bouncing off the rev limitor"

They are a douchey as bro dozers  rolling coal
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:47:03 PM EDT
[#16]
"My cousin got dis Busa mayne!"
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know a thing about bikes but this was parked outside the gym today.  Probably one of the longest bikes I've seen.  Just thought I would share.  Is this a good one?  Assume fast & expensive.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25002/Bike_JPG-2674668.JPG
View Quote

Stretched busa. Ugly (and tacky) as hell, faster than dammit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You forgot "bouncing off the rev limitor"

They are a douchey as bro dozers  rolling coal
View Quote

That's standard operating procedure when ever you fire up anything with the Suzuki logo on it. Start it up, and rev it straight to the moon!!! Oil pressure be damned!
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If there was a dude in the gym that smelled like cotton candy vape and was pre-workout raging, that's his bike.
View Quote
I snort laughed.

I still like the bike lol. I would rather it be all flat black and no bedazzle stuff.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Homiebusa
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol  at extended swingarms.  (The exception being dedicated drag bikes)

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lol’ed

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ouch     Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Brocks and swing arm extensions means squid AF.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  I had an 03 that I actually raised an inch.  Put handlebar risers on it and lowered the foot pegs.  Great for 200 mile rides and soaked up the curves with ease.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I would take the bike if given to me. They are fast. I would rather it have the stock setup though. Also, i could care less if a bike is parked on a sidewalk or up against the building. It frees up parking spaces. The same people that bitch a bike is parked on a sidewalk or against the building also bitches if the bike is taking up a car spot in the lot. It takes a lot for someone in a car, truck, or bike to irritate me with the way they drive. I am more concerned with fucking idiots in stock vehicles that can not drive and merge without looking or intentionally cutting people off.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This, that long swing arm on anything but a legit drag strip bike is stupid.

View Quote

Ok, I understand your point but I disagree.

Had an ‘84 Honda Nighthawk 450T I turned into a cafe racer.
Drop bars, bikini fairing, new tank and saddle. Also punched the 450 out to over 500.

And yes, we lengthened the swing arm. It was re-geared for a 0-60 focus. Stoplight to stoplight cruising.
Topped out at about 95, but torquey as hell. Would stand up if you weren’t paying attention.

Longer swing arms are fashionable now, but they have a place on powerful bikes like Hayabusa’s. Which are beasts.
Liter+ sport bikes are more than most anyone needs.
Coming from a previous Katana 1100 owner.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is a popular model and configuration for the South Side hood rats around here.

They don't go to the drag strip, though. The extended swingarm is just a style thing.

It's funny watching them doing simple turns at an intersection with their hyper-extended wheelbase. They go really slow and paddle with their feet.
View Quote

I’ve seen that in California along with rap music blasting loud enough to be heard in Detroit on other bike styles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That there is a straight line only missile. Sure it's stupid fast, but it's also 500 lbs, and the idiot who owns it put a extended swing arm on it further ruining it's handling. Hayabusas attract a certain demographic for sure.

If you've never rode before and are interested, stay as far away from a Busa as possible. Start on a Ninja 250, learn and advance as your skills grow.

A motorcycle is just like a firearm, the moment you don't respect it (regardless of CCs) it will hurt you.
View Quote

These exports to Europe seem fun for beginners or in London or Paris traffic
2022 Yamaha XSR125 Legacy: Ride Through Time
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#30]
The pit bull of motorcycles.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I had a buddy use one as a police bike and it was his favorite and fastest.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I had a buddy use one as a police bike and it was his favorite and fastest.
View Quote

Was it fagged out like this one ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yup.  I had an 03 that I actually raised an inch.  Put handlebar risers on it and lowered the foot pegs.  Great for 200 mile rides and soaked up the curves with ease.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, people that say a busa can't corner can't ride.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/25002/Bike_JPG-2674668.JPG
View Quote

They were fast in their day, now you’ll need miles of clean pavement to catch a 1000cc superbike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I fucking loathe bolt on swingarm extensions. If you’re making power to need to extend it, it’ll have the power to mess those up. And I think someone vagazzled the clutch basket. Thank god he’s got the power for the extensions but won’t run the Busa hump. The only thing I can get down with is the brocks exhaust
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#37]
The Hayabusa is a terrific machine. But, just like Dodge Chargers, it seems to attract a certain demographic. Not a good one, either. This example is an abomination.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#38]
??.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#40]
In stock form it's a great bike. This one... Not so much. It looks stupid and probably handles like a school bus. Nobody ever said good decisions were made in the "hood" though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ok, I understand your point but I disagree.

Had an ‘84 Honda Nighthawk 450T I turned into a cafe racer.
Drop bars, bikini fairing, new tank and saddle. Also punched the 450 out to over 500.

And yes, we lengthened the swing arm. It was re-geared for a 0-60 focus. Stoplight to stoplight cruising.
Topped out at about 95, but torquey as hell. Would stand up if you weren’t paying attention.

Longer swing arms are fashionable now, but they have a place on powerful bikes like Hayabusa’s. Which are beasts.
Liter+ sport bikes are more than most anyone needs.
View Quote

Extended swingarm on a "cafe racer"? That term must not mean what is used to.

Longer swingarms are pointless on anything other than a dedicated drag bike. A lot of engineering goes into the OEM wheelbase.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#43]
motorcycle
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#44]
A stock 'busa is actually a pretty comfortable, easy to control ride, if you aren't a retard.

That isn't stock, and it's likely owned by a retard.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Midcap bike.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Was he wearing an American Fighter or BRC shirt?
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I see them as the Escalade on 24" rims of the sport bike world.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep, people that say a busa can't corner can't ride.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

My first street bike was an ‘88 Katana 1100 - it was fun on Mulhullond & Angeles Crest but it was not a great handling bike. My ‘02 VFR800 handled much better but didn’t have the electric motor off the line torque like the Katana.
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#50]
How did I not notice the speaker under the handlebars facing vertically?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top