[#1]
3.5 with a gainer...impressive
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Loud pipes save lives.
View Quote

Loud pipes can't be heard from the front especially when you are doing 100+.  They might alert someone if you were beside them not to change lanes on you.  Other than that they just deafen the people behind you.  

I suppose it's possible to be behind a bike an not know he's there...
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So that won't buff out?
View Quote

Should hose off though
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Peter Pan on a crotch rocket.

"I can fly!, I can fly"!

(Spectators) "He Flewed"!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
There’s an appealing fellow.....
In fact, they’re a-pealing him from the road.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
10/10.  stuck the landing
View Quote

Quadruple flip?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
That car driver made a questionable turn from the middle lane. Two stupids and the biker loses the fight.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#8]
A couple words of wisdom from my MSF course

" If you ride fast enough the ride will last you the rest of your life"

" Only you get to decide how fast you are going when you crash"

" Remember you are the squishy part"

Between cell phones, drunk drivers, illegals and teens it just isnt fun any more.
Only time you ll see me on two wheels on pavement is between trails or getting gas.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In before resident squids still somehow find a way to blame cagers for this.
View Quote

Well, he DID hit someone turning left in front of him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two feet to the right and that driver would’ve probably been killed too. The difference between life and death that day was milliseconds in acceleration for the car.
View Quote

Sometime that happens.  I had a work van make a left in front of me when I had a green light.  There were people working on the lights in bucket trucks and some stopped traffic so I slowed down to 40-45 in a 50 zone.  I caught his trailer hitch.  No injuries, both vehicles drive-able.  Had I slowed down a little less or had he accelerated a little slower it would have been bad.  Of course had he accelerated a little faster or had I slowed down a little more it would have been OK.  

As far as the OP goes, you only get one mistake being that stupid on a bike.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That car driver made a questionable turn from the middle lane. Two stupids and the biker loses the fight.
View Quote

Intersections are the great mixing bowl. One should never speed, change lanes, or enter the intersection without some careful examination of what is going on. You might not ever see a 100 mph motor cycle, but you will see cars changing lanes, which will make the best intentions of someone entering the intersection become null and void instantaneously. A person can't trust traffic rules to be "in effect" at all times.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it only looks like the car was in the middle lane from that perspective, but I believe he was in the left turn lane...and the right turn lane was just empty, as pictured here:

https://goo.gl/maps/f5aZoif1XYzrULo5A

Regardless, on a bike, every intersection you are approaching is a potential life-ending event.  Assuming otherwise may be your last assumption.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh? They had a left green arrow.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Me and the wife saw an accident like that one. It was near Countryside Mall in Clearwater , FL. Dumbass on a crotch rocket was hauling ass weaving through traffic. Old lady in a land yacht was going slower than the rest of traffic. Crotch rocket slams into the rear of land yacht.
Biker goes flying over the car and hits pavement. He was only wearing shorts and flip flops. His head had that " watermelon dropped on concrete from 20' " look.
We stopped as the wife is a nurse. She walked up to the biker then came back.  She said there was nothing to be done except get the mop and bucket.
Lady in land yacht was fine.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think it only looks like the car was in the middle lane from that perspective, but I believe he was in the left turn lane...and the right turn lane was just empty, as pictured here:

Regardless, on a bike, every intersection you are approaching is a potential life-ending event.  Assuming otherwise may be your last assumption.
View Quote

Yeah, one of the biggest mistakes I see MC riders making is thinking that "right of way" means a damn thing.

A life ending / altering accident for a bike is a new bumper and an insurance claim for Karen.

ride accordingly
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So uTube and ARFcom don't allow COVID discussions or female nipples but snuff videos are A OK.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah, one of the biggest mistakes I see MC riders making is thinking that "right of way" means a damn thing.

A life ending / altering accident for a bike is a new bumper and an insurance claim for Karen.

ride accordingly
View Quote

Yep.  You ride defensively or die.  There are not many fender benders when a bike is involved

And intersections are typically where fatal bike accidents happen.  Other driver doesn't see the oncoming bike...or if they do, they misjudge the bike's speed or distance.

When you are on a bike and approaching an intersection with a stopped or approaching oncoming vehicle, you should assume it is going to turn left in front of you...and approach the intersection ready to react to it.  Or be comfortable with the fact that the parts of you that are too small to get picked up are going to get washed down a storm drain.  That is literally the dispatch call - wash down.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you look through the back window of the car in front of the police car, you can see a glint of light moving towards the right (the police car's right) at about 0:15. Then when the cop pulls out you can see that there are only two lanes of cars waiting and the blue car appeared to come from the left most one. So it looks like the blue car was making a left hand turn from the left hand turn lane. Presumably they had the left green arrow since usually both sides get the left turn arrow at the same time.

ETA: The blue car only went to their right because 1,000 lbs of motorcycle traveling at 120 mph (guess) has as much momentum as a 4,000 lb truck at 30 mph.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep.  You ride defensively or die.  There are not many fender benders when a bike is involved

And intersections are typically where fatal bike accidents happen.  Other driver doesn't see the oncoming bike...or if they do, they misjudge the bike's speed or distance.

When you are on a bike and approaching an intersection with a stopped or approaching oncoming vehicle, you should assume it is going to turn left in front of you...and approach the intersection ready to react to it.  Or be comfortable with the fact that the parts of you that are too small to get picked up are going to get washed down a storm drain.  That is literally the dispatch call - wash down.
View Quote

I was always taught to ride like your invisible....just assume that the cars on the road can't see you and ride accordingly.

I also didn't ride double the speed limit and blow red lights
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:39:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Interesting comments on YouTube.  

One guy is claiming the rider was his dad, who "was an addict that did throw a lot of his life away but he wanted to have fun doing it."  I'm highly skeptical, but who knows.  

A couple people in the comments section claim they were there.  Another guy claims his BIL was driving the blue Tahoe that the flying body hit with that *BANG*...and that his BIL was stuck there for hours, being questioned and blood tested.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Suitable ending for red light runners...except for the car damage and possible injury of that driver.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I assume that was the sound of him hitting the car.  Either a delay in the sound reaching the camera, or the audio was out of sync just a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can't tell where the 'thud' came from.  A delayed sound from the impact of the car or that dude striking the tahoe mid-flight.

I assume that was the sound of him hitting the car.  Either a delay in the sound reaching the camera, or the audio was out of sync just a bit.

It was apparently the sound of the body hitting the side of the Tahoe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So uTube and ARFcom don't allow COVID discussions or female nipples but snuff videos are A OK.
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When you blow a red light at a heavily traveled intersection going 120mph bad shit is going to happen.

He also ricocheted off that black SUV in front of him making the left turn.
View Quote
Looks like his head impacted the rear quarter, hard to tell for certain but it looks like maybe some pink mist.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Looks like his head impacted the rear quarter, hard to tell for certain but it looks like maybe some pink mist.
View Quote

Guy's BIL said there was some passenger-side damage but not bad...and that it was drivable.  Personally, I'd want it decon-ed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Those were some impressive high altitude cartwheels. Actually, I think you can see as he spins away like a giant ninja throwing star, it looks like one of his shoes went straight up into the air about 20 feet.

I live about a half a mile from a freeway. It’s California, you’re never more than a half a mile from a freeway. We never hear any noise from it EXCEPT for the occasional rice rocket attempting to break orbit. Following the Doppler effect, those bikers have to be going over a hundred miles an hour. These assholes aren’t just a danger to themselves, they’re like cruise missiles without any guidance. Anything they hit is going to pay a terrible price. Assholes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#27]
That white truck un-assed himself from the area quick!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#28]
What was tragic about that? Maybe for the folks in the blue car. Good thing they were cagers.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Just watched at .25 speed.  Fuck that dude was moving...
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

No sympathy. Miserable crotch rocket jockies.
Fuck him.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's red signage from the building in the background, look close it's there before the vehicle obscures it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#33]
"I can see my house from heeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeee................."
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Brutal.  Some one's son....and it could have been avoided.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tragic for the people who loved him and the people who witnessed it and might not enjoy seeing another human get killed in front of their own eyes, just a guess though.
View Quote

You're much more sensitive than I am.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's what it looked like to me, guy was making a left turn on a green arrow. Going by where I live and ride, usually the left turn arrows go green at the same time. Bottom line is if the guy was paying attention accident never would have happened.

Quoted:
That white truck un-assed himself from the area quick!

Same thing I would have done, no reason for me to be there
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#37]
God damn it!

One more Democratic voter in the next election!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

ride accordingly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ride accordingly

I like to tell people that concepts like "right of way" and "fault" only matter to the lawyers when you're the one laying bleeding in the street.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Applies to most vehicles.   ALWAYS clear traffic in all directions before entering and while in an intersection.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Interesting comments on YouTube.  

One guy is claiming the rider was his dad, who "was an addict that did throw a lot of his life away but he wanted to have fun doing it."  I'm highly skeptical, but who knows.  

A couple people in the comments section claim they were there.  Another guy claims his BIL was driving the blue Tahoe that the flying body hit with that *BANG*...and that his BIL was stuck there for hours, being questioned and blood tested.

View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm a local Jacksonville motorcycle rider and that accident actually happened at the intersection of my old neighborhood on Atlantic Blvd and Hodges Blvd. It's a very dangerous intersection and speeding on Atlantic Blvd is just stupid.

There are a ton of riders around here that ride with a death wish. Not only do they ride dangerous, but they ride drunk/high and almost none of them maintain their machines, especially the sport bike riders!

In the local community riding groups there are accident's all the time. Heck, this wasn't even the only accident that happened yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#41]
He did the airborne roll
Several, just blew the landing
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He did a number on that car.  
View Quote

I came up on an accident where they were just putting a sheet over the bike rider.

A semi turned left in front of him and he hit that passenger side front tire of the semi and rolled it up under the truck almost exactly like the front tire on the car did except the bike was all up in there in pieces too.

His body was laying right beside where the bike hit, so he came to a dead stop from hauling ass. I still remember he had a black helmet still on and they didn't even appear to try to remove it before covering him up.

The biker had to be hauling ass for his motorcycle to tear a semi up and almost disappear into the engine compartment.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#44]
And just like that someone got a new organ to live a better life.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#45]
The lesson today kids is, Dont ride stupid and you wont be a feature on an internet board.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#46]
stupid is as stupid does, he wont be stupid anymore.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Kind of looks like the top came off.  Maybe it was the helmet.  Or maybe it was the helmet with the head still in it
View Quote

This happened in San Francisco back in the 1990s, iirc.  A pedestrian found a helmet near a curb.  It had the decapitated head of a motorcyclist still in it.  Identical type collision when the biker exited the Broadway tunnel at terminal speed.  The helmet was found 2 blocks away from the collision.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And just like that someone got a new organ to live a better life.
View Quote

I bet not. They were probably all goo and if not, certainly bruised and damaged past the point of worth the risk.

But that is a guess.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#49]
A happy ending would be, no injuries to the car driver and passengers if any, car driver sued biker's insurance and got enough money for a new car.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#50]
That one front brake rotor gives a new meaning to "Wave" rotor.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top