Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
if you lose page 3 you lose your car
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:01:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Loved the movie. Even watched a bad Chinese screen grab version with bad voiceovers recently to get my fix.

This was great too. The lead guy (Dean Stockman or something?) always got the best cars in movies. The gorgeous GTO in this one, and his Charger in Christine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Loved the movie. Even watched a bad Chinese screen grab version with bad voiceovers recently to get my fix.

This was great too. The lead guy (Dean Stockman or something?) always got the best cars in movies. The gorgeous GTO in this one, and his Charger in Christine.

Dean Stockwell.  Always got the jock roles, but he was never a jock.  Theater kid, didn't know shit about cars...but ended up being known as "That 80's car movie guy".
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dean Stockwell.  Always got the jock roles, but he was never a jock.  Theater kid, didn't know shit about cars...but ended up being known as "That 80's car movie guy".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
John Stockwell--my bad!  Dean Stockwell was his Dad--I always get them confused.  Not a Hollywood guy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like this movie is on Amazon Prime Video in the free section if you want to take a look.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That Turbo car was amazing in that movie. They used a Dodge M4S Turbo concept. Here's my proof.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/wraith-M4S.html
View Quote

I thought using an actual concept vehicle rather than a common production vehicle was a brilliant move.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
John Stockwell--my bad!  Dean Stockwell was his Dad--I always get them confused.  Not a Hollywood guy.

Yep, that's him.

I don't get the reference.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's on Netflix now if anybody is interested.  
]
View Quote

Has it been there for a while and just removed? Couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else notice how, early in the movie, the car is completely unmarked, later it has a Chrysler emblem on the front bumper, and when he gived it to Billy at the end it says DODGE across the bottom of the back window?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Anyone else notice how, early in the movie, the car is completely unmarked, later it has a Chrysler emblem on the front bumper, and when he gived it to Billy at the end it says DODGE across the bottom of the back window?
View Quote

I think they used a couple cars for the filming.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cheesy but fun.  Lot's of cheese in the 80s, but what glorious and righteous cheese it was.

80s cheese was best cheese.

Like Hot Dog, the ,movie.

Also see Red Sonja, and The Beast Master.

And the ultimate cheese for action, Commando.
View Quote

Here here
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My first job off the farm was working in a video store in 1985.

What an amazing experience.  Tons of movies made every year.  Good ones, bad ones, blockbusters.  Many production companies willing to make a few bucks.  Whenever I see a title from a movie in the '80's I instantly see the posters and the box covers.  

And I made $5 an hour.  I was rich, not gonna lie.
View Quote

That would have been a dream job for me. I think if I could like go back in time and live out a few years and peace at the end of my life I would go back to the to the $0.80 working a little independent VHS rental place
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well aware of that, but the timing of the differences are funny-Car shows up, NO markings, "What the hell is that", next race you see the Chrysler emblem, and at the end the big DODGE. Dammit, now I need to watch it again.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Theatrical genius. There are few movies ever committed to film that are so skillfully executed.

It is the standard by which all '80s car racing movies are judged. In this respect, it is to its genre what "Rad" was to BMX racing, or "Gleaming the Cube" to skateboarding.
View Quote

What was the martial arts movie where the villain took LeRoy's girl?  The henchman and LeRoy fight and their hands glow red and yellow.  Used to watch those 2 on HBO before school.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I watched it on Amazon Prime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it on Netflix?

I watched it on Amazon Prime.

Yep, came to say it was still on Prime.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What was the martial arts movie where the villain took LeRoy's girl?  The henchman and LeRoy fight and their hands glow red and yellow.  Used to watch those 2 on HBO before school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Theatrical genius. There are few movies ever committed to film that are so skillfully executed.

It is the standard by which all '80s car racing movies are judged. In this respect, it is to its genre what "Rad" was to BMX racing, or "Gleaming the Cube" to skateboarding.

The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Check out what my wife bought last weekend...

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff

Jesus I loved that movie growing up.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Awesomely bad movie.The Trans AM makes me all tingly.
http://i68.tinypic.com/4v37ns.jpg
View Quote

Full throttle and closed butterflies.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff

Hell yeah!  That's been bugging me.  I'm going to find that today and make my wife watch it.  She won't get it.  Just like the greatest movie ever, Big Trouble in Little China.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Forced my GF to watch The Wraith last weekend since it's on Amazon Prime.  She generally hates cheesy movies, but she ended up liking it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The last Dragon 1985.

Bruce Leroy vs. Sho Nuff
Who's the master

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I just watched it the other day.  Probably the ugliest corvette ever.  even worse that the one in Corvette Summer
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Forced my GF to watch The Wraith last weekend since it's on Amazon Prime.  She generally hates cheesy movies, but she ended up liking it.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

My wife will have to watch it this weekend.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top