Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-10/fbi-plans-task-force-to-expose-russian-social-media-manipulation

The FBI plans to alert U.S. companies and the public about efforts by Russia or other nations to use disinformation and social media manipulation to interfere in upcoming elections, while being careful not to upset free speech and constitutional rights, a top law enforcement official said.

The direction that the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “foreign influence" task force is heading could dramatically reshape the relationship between government and social media companies in order to address vulnerabilities that enabled Russia to meddle in the 2016 election.

“We’ve been reluctant in some instances to share the amount of information of what we know about what’s happening," said Jeffrey Tricoli, a top FBI official heading the task force. “You can’t stay with the same strategy if you think there needs to be changes. So going forward there’s going to be opportunities for us to share information in better ways.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-10/fbi-plans-task-force-to-expose-russian-social-media-manipulation

The FBI plans to alert U.S. companies and the public about efforts by Russia or other nations to use disinformation and social media manipulation to interfere in upcoming elections, while being careful not to upset free speech and constitutional rights, a top law enforcement official said.

The direction that the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s “foreign influence" task force is heading could dramatically reshape the relationship between government and social media companies in order to address vulnerabilities that enabled Russia to meddle in the 2016 election.

“We’ve been reluctant in some instances to share the amount of information of what we know about what’s happening," said Jeffrey Tricoli, a top FBI official heading the task force. “You can’t stay with the same strategy if you think there needs to be changes. So going forward there’s going to be opportunities for us to share information in better ways.”
View Quote
View Quote
Judging by the way both Google and Facebook have already fucked up with their "Fake News" tools - I'm not too optimistic about private industry doing anything useful.  And I'm even less optimistic that the government can doing anything useful, either.  The problem with fake news is the idiots spreading it (and believing it) - there's no software solution for that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This fucking thing is never gonna end is it .....
View Quote
It'll run through 2020 to sway the election.  That's the whole purpose of the thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You're saying the Office of National Intelligence "walked back" their report "Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in
Recent US Elections"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume this cyber security special prosecutor will be analyzing the DNC servers to determine if Russia really did "hack" them? or if it was an inside leak by Seth Rich or others?

Because unless he does...the narrative of "Russia hacked the election" has zero evidence.
A prosecutor doesn't normally "analyze the servers".  Some underpaid/underappreciated CART guys would do that...

Besides the FBI (along with the rest of the IC) has already publicly attributed the DNC data breach to the Russian government.
Actually, BS, they've already walked that back and admitted they have no idea if there even was a breach. The internal discussions (according to family) are quite interesting.
You're saying the Office of National Intelligence "walked back" their report "Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in
Recent US Elections"?
Russian activities in recent elections? Try Democrat, DOJ, Intelligence, MSM, and Executive branch activities in recent elections. The treasonous commie shit bags are in our own country.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He doesn't.  It's part of his shtick.  If you saw his posts in the other thread that he's trying to reincarnate here he makes innuendo like he's "in the know" on how complex investigations work.  The only problem with that is there are plenty of people on here that actually DO work complex investigations.  And to those of us its obvious he doesn't know shit.  Sometimes we have an analyst or intern at my agency get in trouble for pretending to be an agent. They usually insinuate just like BS does.  It's works on the chick at the bar or guy who's never worked LE, but to anyone else the charade is obvious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A prosecutor doesn't normally "analyze the servers".  Some underpaid/underappreciated CART guys would do that...

Besides the FBI (along with the rest of the IC) has already publicly attributed the DNC data breach to the Russian government.
How would you know?
He doesn't.  It's part of his shtick.  If you saw his posts in the other thread that he's trying to reincarnate here he makes innuendo like he's "in the know" on how complex investigations work.  The only problem with that is there are plenty of people on here that actually DO work complex investigations.  And to those of us its obvious he doesn't know shit.  Sometimes we have an analyst or intern at my agency get in trouble for pretending to be an agent. They usually insinuate just like BS does.  It's works on the chick at the bar or guy who's never worked LE, but to anyone else the charade is obvious.
Why the hell would ANYONE want to either pretend to be or admit to actually being in LE? Jeeze, whenever I go out, I always have a computer salesman schtick ready.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why the hell would ANYONE want to either pretend to be or admit to actually being in LE? Jeeze, whenever I go out, I always have a computer salesman schtick ready.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you know?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you know?
FWIW there was a pit thread calling him out over this.  He apparently sent a .gov email to a mod that satisfied them that he was somehow legitimate.  Information wasn't provided that indicated his actual role in that unknown agency.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seems a bit knee jerk to me.  Even though he questioned it, he stopped once he reached DKs ultimatum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was told to stop spamming and continued to do so. When a mod or staff member tells you to stop violating the CoC you should probably do it.

If you don't like the OP then don't go into his threads. It really is a simple concept. The OP is not required to respond to you or answer your questions.
Seems a bit knee jerk to me.  Even though he questioned it, he stopped once he reached DKs ultimatum.
Pretty ironic coming from the guy who liked to spam threads with the smiley too. lol
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It'll run through 2020 to sway the election.  That's the whole purpose of the thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can hear it already.

"Trump, who has been under investigation since the day he took office, blah blah blah"
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote
yeah I am sure they are real worried about it
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Judging by the way both Google and Facebook have already fucked up with their "Fake News" tools - I'm not too optimistic about private industry doing anything useful.  And I'm even less optimistic that the government can doing anything useful, either.  The problem with fake news is the idiots spreading it (and believing it) - there's no software solution for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Everyday spreading news of a fake investigation hatched from the basement of the FBI working with the DNC and Clinton in cooperation with Fusion GPS as the fall guy.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you still upset that I laugh at people's dumb comments?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was told to stop spamming and continued to do so. When a mod or staff member tells you to stop violating the CoC you should probably do it.

If you don't like the OP then don't go into his threads. It really is a simple concept. The OP is not required to respond to you or answer your questions.
Pretty ironic coming from the guy who liked to spam threads with the smiley too. lol
Are you still upset that I laugh at people's dumb comments?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Including you right?

Everyday spreading news of a fake investigation hatched from the basement of the FBI working with the DNC and Clinton in cooperation with Fusion GPS as the fall guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

I'm sure Flynn, Papadopoulos, Manafort and Gates will be relieved to hear that the investigation and charges they are facing are fake.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#16]
You must have a pretty severe case of blue balls or whatever condition your gender gets from masturbating over this investigation for the past year and yet never being able to finish.

That's happened to me a couple times when I was really drunk. Fortunately, I knew when to throw in the towel. You just look like the retarded kid in the corner sticking his dick into the vacuum cleaner. Thank you for the laughs!
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm sure Flynn, Papadopoulos, Manafort and Gates will be relieved to hear that the investigation and charges they are facing are fake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Please remind everyone how those charges relate to Trump colluding with Russia? kthx
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Yet........this is the reality you will have to face until probably 2024......................

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You must have a pretty severe case of blue balls or whatever condition your gender gets from masturbating over this investigation for the past year and yet never being able to finish.

That's happened to me a couple times when I was really drunk. Fortunately, I knew when to throw in the towel. You just look like the retarded kid in the corner sticking his dick into the vacuum cleaner. Thank you for the laughs!
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yet........this is the reality you will have to face until probably 2024......................

https://i.imgur.com/qVfyGBX.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Terrible memes and gifs from <Edited -40xb>? Probably.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:54:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Recent US Elections"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I assume this cyber security special prosecutor will be analyzing the DNC servers to determine if Russia really did "hack" them? or if it was an inside leak by Seth Rich or others?

Because unless he does...the narrative of "Russia hacked the election" has zero evidence.

Actually, BS, they've already walked that back and admitted they have no idea if there even was a breach. The internal discussions (according to family) are quite interesting.
Recent US Elections"?
I was referencing the FBI stating the servers were hacked by russians, then admitting they had no actual evidence to support that. Not one single "intelligence agency" examined those servers, and thus none can definitively state the servers were even hacked. I wouldn't place high value on ODNI's report, since it was based on opinion rather than fact.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FWIW there was a pit thread calling him out over this.  He apparently sent a .gov email to a mod that satisfied them that he was somehow legitimate.  Information wasn't provided that indicated his actual role in that unknown agency.
View Quote
And he was pretty gracious to the originator of that pit thread, actually.

But I do wish he would provide more substantive answers to more substantive questions that are asked.  His failure to do so, in my opinion, is the best argument that these are carefully set up troll/bait threads.

"I don't know" should not count as an answer to logical questions raised in the face of the similar, repeated assertions about the investigation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unless you unleash holy hell upon the CIA, FBI and DOJ jackals, this will last until someone bows to one another's demands. I'm afraid they intend to frame Trump and his administration with a crime and even the President cannot contain the propaganda coming out of our "most respected" agencies.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was referencing the FBI stating the servers were hacked by russians, then admitting they had no actual evidence to support that. Not one single "intelligence agency" examined those servers, and thus none can definitively state the servers were even hacked. I wouldn't place high value on ODNI's report, since it was based on opinion rather than fact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recent US Elections"?
17 INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES MUH RUSSIA!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Recent US Elections"?
The FBI stated that they have no evidence to support the ONI report?  Got a cite for that claim?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

They are fake coming from a group of anti trump ass holes in those departments that have been demoted, reassigned and dismissed.
Gaslighting the american people is their (and yours) MO to contain Trump, while also covering up the last administration's mistakes.

Flynn, Papadopoulos, Manafort and Gates got caught up with the Mafia inside of the FBI and DOJ.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#27]
This is quite literally, an obvious example of not being able to find anything one way, so we're going to hire some people to see if we can find something a different way, because we must justify our existence and this investigation, otherwise the $10M farce that our Democrat overlords used to get us to this place becomes wasted money.

I could still be wrong, but this strongly reeks of we couldn't find anything through one avenue, so we're going to try a different one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Terrible memes and gifs from cultists? Probably.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

In addition to Trump being president for years to come?

Heck yes!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:03:17 AM EDT
[#29]
If this guy had this many team members and spent the amount of money he's spent and had nothing to show for it, he'd be fired.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing but a witch hunt and a colossal waste of money
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Heck yes!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
I wouldn't get your hopes up on that one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nothing but a witch hunt and a colossal waste of money
View Quote
Revel in the fact that the Hillary lovers will get all excited over the most ridiculous bullshit but............in the end...........they will abysmally fail.

Like they did in November, 2016.

Oh well...................
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
I'll bet you $1K right now that Trump will not be impeached...........are you in?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll bet you $1K right now that Trump will not be impeached...........are you in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
I consider it rather unethical to take advantage of people like that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is quite literally, an obvious example of not being able to find anything one way, so we're going to hire some people to see if we can find something a different way, because we must justify our existence and this investigation, otherwise the $10M farce that our Democrat overlords used to get us to this place becomes wasted money.

I could still be wrong, but this strongly reeks of we couldn't find anything through one avenue, so we're going to try a different one.
View Quote
The entire democrat plantation depends on them keeping the uranium one, Obama and Hillary screw up, as welll as Hezbollah and other SCANDALS as quiet as possible in order to save the democrat party and keep the FBI's "honesty, integrity and bravery" slogan afloat.

If they have to assassinate Trump, I think they would.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
Well if you know the results why are you so excited about all this Russia/Mueller et.al., stuff?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well if you know the results why are you so excited about all this Russia/Mueller et.al., stuff?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
That's because I know the results.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
No balls. Typical never trumper

He is dropping out any day though
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Without ever examining the servers.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Haven't had enough yet? Do you intend to keep getting butt fucked by a lack of any evidence until your farts sound like a cough?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
So like I said...........I'll bet you 1K right now that Trump will not be impeached..........you in?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
What T_S is trying to say, without giving their intentions away in the FBI, is that they are going to continue to leak out "intelligence" and gaslight the american people with propaganda until Trump either A.) Goes ballistic or B.) Bows to their feet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What T_S is trying to say, without giving their intentions away in the FBI, is that they are going to continue to leak out "intelligence" and gaslight the american people with propaganda until Trump either A.) Goes ballistic or B.) Bows to their feet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Including you right?

Heck yes!!!
No, what he is trying to say is this is a slam dunk and Trump will be impeached but is unwilling to take advantage of me offering to bet him $1K on it.

He is such a nice man.

And, as I am sure you KNOW, I am NOT buying that answer from him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#44]
That's it OP's convinced me to start voting democrat.  They are clearly way less crooked than republicans and definitely have my best interests at heart.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Trump can erase all those charges with the stroke of a pen - they all know this...
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:37:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#47]
<h3 class="r" style="overflow: hidden; text-overflow: ellipsis;">https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgregory/2017/06/19/is-russiagate-really-hillarygate/#41197c195cf6

</h3><h1 _ngcontent-c20="" class="fs-headline speakable-headline" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 40.76px; margin-top: 1rem; margin-bottom: 1rem; -webkit-margin-before: 0px; -webkit-margin-after: 0px; line-height: 1.25; font-family: Georgia, Cambria, " times="" new="" roman",="" times,="" serif;="" position:="" relative;="" -webkit-font-smoothing:="" antialiased;="" color:="" rgb(0,="" 0,="" 0);="" font-variant-ligatures:="" common-ligatures;"="">Is Russiagate Really Hillarygate?</h1>
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Trump can erase all those charges with the stroke of a pen - they all know this...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does Trump having the power to pardon people have to do with the investigation being "fake"?
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Ah, now T_S is back to claiming inside information again. That's my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What does Trump having the power to pardon people have to do with the investigation being "fake"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/fusion-gps-fake-investigation-and-hillary-clintons-real-russian-collusion/

Fusion GPS' 'Fake Investigation'  And Hillary Clinton's Real Russian Collusion

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455267/christopher-steele-dossier-obama-administration-hillary-clinton-campaign-congress-fisa-court
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top