Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't been able to keep up with all the pages since last night, but just saw a story with shooters sister in law claiming mental health issues and that the hearing voices started when he received new hearing aids due to his hearing loss. Claims with the new hearing aids he said he could hear voices in his head including other people talking bad about him at both the locations that he targeted last night.
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If hes captured alive and is genuinely schizophrenic, he will be put into a mental hospital for a LONG time and likely wont see a prison cell.
View Quote

They have mental prisons for such people
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
the David Hogg of Maine?
View Quote
He looks like a young John Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know.  A good friend of mine worked at one.  The stories he had of some of those people... YIKES
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would think a dual sport would be an excellent getaway vehicle.  Park in woods and hit all the seasonal roads and single track, could easily be a 100 miles into the woods, Maine would be similar to rural michigan, nothing out there.  Lot less people in Maine.  He could have even have a camp set up, if he planned ahead.
View Quote

Never been to Maine, are there lots of dual sport type trails in that area?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I be that guy and ask for an update?

Left off around page 39 last night and haven't been able to catch up while at work
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Suzuki DRZ400 Dual Sport. White/Blue. Extremely common bike and color scheme
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be a good idea to post what your bike looks like so others can keep an eye out.

Suzuki DRZ400 Dual Sport. White/Blue. Extremely common bike and color scheme

And an excellent bike for tote roads, goat trails, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He is the cliche’ American femboy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also its not bullets ricocheting in the valley...its the echo of gun fire.  Two different things.  What a tard he is.

He is the cliche’ American femboy.

He is out of the closet

https://www.tiktok.com/@liam___kent?lang=en
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just imagine if this prick had made any attempt to conceal his identity or vehicle at the scenes…
View Quote
Like a balaclava.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Left off around page 39 last night and haven't been able to catch up while at work
View Quote
OP has the latest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Guy would have to migrate south somehow before winter to avoid freezing to death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no cellphone through which he may be tracked?

Once done with the phone (Videoing the carnage), drop it in place.  He seems to have E&E so I would not be surprised if had setup caches ahead of time for his escape.   A phone is not needed at that point.

Guy would have to migrate south somehow before winter to avoid freezing to death.

Not at all
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Guy is still on the loose and GD is debating SSRI meds.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:13:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haven't been able to keep up with all the pages since last night, but just saw a story with shooters sister in law claiming mental health issues and that the hearing voices started when he received new hearing aids due to his hearing loss. Claims with the new hearing aids he said he could hear voices in his head including other people talking bad about him at both the locations that he targeted last night.
View Quote

Eddie Ray Routh type
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think a dual sport would be an excellent getaway vehicle.  Park in woods and hit all the seasonal roads and single track, could easily be a 100 miles into the woods, Maine would be similar to rural michigan, nothing out there.  Lot less people in Maine.  He could have even have a camp set up, if he planned ahead.

There's places I go up in northern Maine where I can spend a week on snow mobile trails and not see a person before the snow falls.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not in that area. Some backroads, but that's about it. A couple of trails that might take you a mile or so.

What intrigues me is the timing:

6:56, calls come in at the bowling alley
7:08, calls come in from the pool hall.

I know both these places well, I was born and raised in Lewiston (family still lives there, they are safe). With no traffic it's a 11-14 minute drive between the two. Google maps says that at that time of day it's closer to a 16 minute drive.
I haven't read all pages, but has a "multiple shooter" been discussed?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not at all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's no cellphone through which he may be tracked?

Once done with the phone (Videoing the carnage), drop it in place.  He seems to have E&E so I would not be surprised if had setup caches ahead of time for his escape.   A phone is not needed at that point.

Not at all

I know of several cabins up north with wood stoves owned by the paper companies that are free use and I've never seen anyone in them after September.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Literally everywhere
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are more miles of logging roads, skidder trails, snowmobile trails, etc. than miles of paved road.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Literally everywhere
View Quote

I haven't seen an update from you, but I may have missed it so I'm sorry if I did, but do you have any news of your friend and his son?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

He is out of the closet

https://www.tiktok.com/@liam___kent?lang=en
View Quote

spouts reddit talking points, looks like a redditor, is gay

le right wing militia

shocker
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are more miles of logging roads, skidder trails, snowmobile trails, etc. than miles of paved road.
View Quote

Not so much in Southern Maine (which Lewiston is part of)
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I know damn well how the BA-52 works, having written more of them than I can count.

Florida LE is almost completely unaware of the coresponder model of policing. Per capita, Florida is damn near the bottom of the barrel for implementing the concept.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worth noting that Lewiston PD does not appear to have any LE assets dedicated to overall mental health and crisis response...but they did dedicate an entire team to dealing with opioid addiction and overdoses.

Ideally, a coresponder team would have been able to take steps to connect different entities, get the guy put on a blue letter, and ensure he was stabilized then keep monitoring.

But if LE doesn't have a team for that...well, this is the outcome.

The way it works in FL for veterans admitted for mental health crisis is:
They are brought in by local LE under a Baker Act, by family members, or they can come in on their own.
They can be either voluntarily or involuntarily (Baker Acted) admitted based on the assessment of the ER doc/psychiatrist (if not already Baker Acted by LE).
The Baker Act can be extended by the psychiatrist petitioning the court.  In rare cases they are committed to a state mental health hospital.
They are stabilized on medications and a discharge plan is formulated.  
If they refuse continuing treatment at, or are rejected by, a residential treatment program after being stabilised (converted to voluntary status if Baker Acted), then a family member or friend is contacted to facilitate the veteran continuing safe behavior and attending follow up appointments after release.  This involves the family member/friend "securing" any firearms owned by the patient.
If they are flagged as High Risk on discharge and miss their follow up appointment, local LE is notified and a wellness check is conducted.

I know damn well how the BA-52 works, having written more of them than I can count.

Florida LE is almost completely unaware of the coresponder model of policing. Per capita, Florida is damn near the bottom of the barrel for implementing the concept.

Some people may not know how mental health issues are handled by LE without co-responder programs.  The police still play an important role, thankfully.
My post also addressed how firearms are generally handled surrounding a mental health admission.  Patients/veterans are largely discharged to their previous environment - firearms, drugs, alcohol, and all.  That's why we admit the same patients over, and over.
It sounds like the co-responder model would, at least partially, reduce some of the readmissions.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Dorner was shooting people throughout though.  

There’s been no more shootings, no more sightings, no release of manifesto.  Maybe this guy is dead somewhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or hide out in the basement or crawl space of an unoccupied vacation cabin.  Chris Dorner did something similar.

Dorner was shooting people throughout though.  

There’s been no more shootings, no more sightings, no release of manifesto.  Maybe this guy is dead somewhere.

If I were to go to the trouble of doing what he did, I would escape to another area, pick my targets (From a pre populated list), hit it and then move on again.   If this guy has staged cars, he can just as easily have staged weapons caches, supply caches, whatever.  He already has the tactics down, we just need to see how he is in logistics.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Can someone please provide a quick summary

I’m working a ton of overtime and haven’t had time for 48 pages

thanks

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Can someone please provide a quick summary

I’m working a ton of overtime and haven’t had time for 48 pages

thanks
View Quote
Psycho is still on the loose. No leads.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I haven't seen an update from you, but I may have missed it so I'm sorry if I did, but do you have any news of your friend and his son?
View Quote

Still nothing. I've seen some posts on Facebook from people looking for information but that's it.

His sister went to where they were bringing survivors but they couldn't/wouldn't give any information. That was several hours ago.

I haven't called his wife since this morning for an update. She's got her hands full I'm sure.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nope, sorry. I have more authority doing what I do, and have a much easier time with docs. I also train most of the new PMHs here. And I hate the DEA, lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh please. Bipolar, sure, if they are manic. Actual schizophrenia??

My study is being locked into work with 36 psych patients every work day going on 15 years.

You're a nurse? You should go to psych nurse practitioner school. I hear Maine is pretty friendly to them and you'd be a step in filling that mental health care gap you yourself were a victim of.

Inb4 "NPs and PAs are the devil but so are Psychiatrists"

Nope, sorry. I have more authority doing what I do, and have a much easier time with docs. I also train most of the new PMHs here. And I hate the DEA, lol.

My sister in law is a psych DNP in Maine (they're paying of her education loans).  I wouldn't do that job either.  The drug addicts alone will destroy your humanity.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#30]
msn is claiming he may have used a jet ski to escape?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I know.  A good friend of mine worked at one.  The stories he had of some of those people... YIKES
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The smell.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OP has the latest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP has the latest.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#33]

Punish the law abiding - Progressive leftist 101
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bet the guy is dead in the woods somewhere
View Quote

It would certainly be best for all if that was the case - and that he was found to give folks peace of mind - however in this case, I think this guy is different and on the run, hopefully not planning a next attack
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noticed that..  couldn't find any relevant info with all the doctors posting
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#36]
The fucking Q-tard conspiracy theories in this thread is fucking embarrassing for this site, some of y'all need to get help yourselves, ffs stop.   Your minds are broken, seriously.  Even when you are deep thinking and only have 3 active brain cells functioning doesn't mean you should type it out and post your opinions on why this happened.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:26:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nah, Maine is completely survivable for the prepared.  Dare I say it is downright hospitable to someone with some training.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a ton of trails around Lewiston, especially if you head North or West. The shooter is from Bowdoin which is 10 miles from me, there are even more trails around here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Been praying for them.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I freaking called it. Clinical nut. Medical and law enforcement authorities were already aware of him.

Once again, our society failed to protect him from harming others.

Bloody hell
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#41]

There's a Robert Card Sr. and Robert Card Jr. that live in the area.

Do we know if this guy has a son that's been accounted for?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I freaking called it. Clinical nut. Medical and law enforcement authorities were already aware of him.

Once again, our society failed to protect him from harming others.

Bloody hell
View Quote

It's early yet to take anything anyone says about this as fact, at least for me.  

These people reporting stuff or holding press conferences don't know anything yet, but the pressure to look like they have information is overwhelming.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Video at date.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#44]
He's probably already dead. They're just in the process now of editing his social media, writing a backstory painting him as a far right extremist, and writing his manifesto.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The fucking Q-tard conspiracy theories in this thread is fucking embarrassing for this site, some of y'all need to get help yourselves, ffs stop.   Your minds are broken, seriously.  Even when you are deep thinking and only have 3 active brain cells functioning doesn't mean you should type it out and post your opinions on why this happened. [/q

uote]Without arfcom I would have never known this guy was a Palestinian terrorist paid by the FBI and is now in a secret government location.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
If hes captured alive and is genuinely schizophrenic, he will be put into a mental hospital for a LONG time and likely wont see a prison cell.
View Quote

Not necessarily, this guy was a paranoid schizophrenic and went straight to prison.
Also a vet, Also on and off meds.

Local case
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Video at date.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Video at date.

Fuck that cunt and fuck anyone that has supported her to get where she is.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It would certainly be best for all if that was the case - and that he was found to give folks peace of mind - however in this case, I think this guy is different and on the run, hopefully not planning a next attack
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet the guy is dead in the woods somewhere

I am thinking 60% chance suicide in the woods, 30% on the run like Eric Rudolph or Eric Frein and will be caught or killed by police in the coming weeks or months, 10% chance resurface soon and hit more targets.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maine has a network of snowmobile/ATV trails and logging roads(ATV use) that is extensive, you can basically get anywhere in teh state except to down town in cities(50K plus people) areas. There are published maps at most gas stations on these trails and those gas stations frequently have cash to pump machines (you insert a 5,10,20 and get gas till you hit 20 bucks worth, then the machine clicks off, no change given). The trails arnt "rugged" usually and are usually maintained in a radius around a town by the local ATV riders club or Snowmobile club. Many areas the clubs are highly active some not so much, but you can in theory go from tip of north maine to southern on a ATV at about 25-40 MPH, though you would get gas  10 times, and likely spend 40 hours doing it(trails usualyl arnt straight and arnt direct between towns).   Some more remote ones(north west maine) are more run down but still easily passable on a dirt bike or ATV. A DRZ400 was on my short list of "go anywhere" bike for up here as it could do roads easily and the back roads, while being light, cheap, and able to go on I95 if needed.

Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top