Quoted:

Video at date.
View Quote
She's a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not in that area. Some backroads, but that's about it. A couple of trails that might take you a mile or so.

What intrigues me is the timing:

6:56, calls come in at the bowling alley
7:08, calls come in from the pool hall.

I know both these places well, I was born and raised in Lewiston (family still lives there, they are safe). With no traffic it's a 11-14 minute drive between the two. Google maps says that at that time of day it's closer to a 16 minute drive.
I haven't read all pages, but has a "multiple shooter" been discussed?
View Quote

Glad to hear they are safe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I didn't read the overnight posts.  How may predicted the guy would be a Middle Eastern terrorist or part of a Mexican cartel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fucking Q-tard conspiracy theories in this thread is fucking embarrassing for this site, some of y'all need to get help yourselves, ffs stop.   Your minds are broken, seriously.  Even when you are deep thinking and only have 3 active brain cells functioning doesn't mean you should type it out and post your opinions on why this happened.

I didn't read the overnight posts.  How may predicted the guy would be a Middle Eastern terrorist or part of a Mexican cartel?

Even after the blurry photos, lots of, "That nose looks Afghan/Persian/Middle Eastern" etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Could he not have been active duty at some point before he went into the reserves?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of text here so sorry if I missed it.

But from the sounds of some news he was a fueler in the reserves. And the reserves aren't in combat roles so I don't see any hard-core deployments under his belt but this is just speculation.

Could he not have been active duty at some point before he went into the reserves?

He apparently was at 304th Infantry Reserve in West Point NY and that was where he was hospitalized. In a local news release attributed to military officials. Unsure what, if any AD time he had.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fuck that cunt and fuck anyone that has supported her to get where she is.
View Quote

mills is  good friends with Harris
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Even after the blurry photos, lots of, "That nose looks Afghan/Persian/Middle Eastern" etc.
View Quote

Lots of people in here want and need it to be a Middle East shooter.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I mean the police scanner did start out by saying the cops were possibly looking for two middle eastern men.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

WTF? Good on the condo complex employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpVMWj5NGo
View Quote
That nut was smiling in court afterward.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Per Maine law he was legally required to surrender his firearms after being involuntarily committed in July

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/34-B/title34-Bsec3862-A.html

This leaves 3 options:

1. He had his rights restored by the hearing within 14 days as provided for in the law above

2. The state either didn't follow up to enforce the law in his case requiring surrender of weapons already owned, and/or didn't register him as a prohibited person allowing him to later acquire a new weapon

3. He stole it from the NG armory (which he should no longer have had access to)

Barring evidence of #1 surfacing, the best case scenario here is government incompetence on at least 2 points of failure.
View Quote

When they took my 2a rights nobody ever showed up to my house to make sure I didn’t have access to my guns.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Video at date.
View Quote

Australia rounded people up and put them in camps during Covid.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Whenever a shooting like this occurs I always wonder what the government is trying to distract us from....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how different our trip to Maine next year is gonna be... We've already booked the campsite just outside of Bangor.  I haven't been up in that area since 1992.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There’s no way in HELL I wouldn’t have anchored that autistic weirdo right then and there.

Good shooting by the guard
View Quote

Did you watch to the end? They released the guy on bond!
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When they took my 2a rights nobody ever showed up to my house to make sure I didn’t have access to my guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Per Maine law he was legally required to surrender his firearms after being involuntarily committed in July

https://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/34-B/title34-Bsec3862-A.html

This leaves 3 options:

1. He had his rights restored by the hearing within 14 days as provided for in the law above

2. The state either didn't follow up to enforce the law in his case requiring surrender of weapons already owned, and/or didn't register him as a prohibited person allowing him to later acquire a new weapon

3. He stole it from the NG armory (which he should no longer have had access to)

Barring evidence of #1 surfacing, the best case scenario here is government incompetence on at least 2 points of failure.

Not to mention his hospital stay appears to be in NY. Probably no notification to Maine at all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Australia rounded people up and put them in camps during Covid.
View Quote
Leftists watching that...

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not to mention his hospital stay appears to be in NY. Probably no notification to Maine at all.
View Quote
NY loves making your private info public.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

But but but Trump banned bump stocks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you watch to the end? They released the guy on bond!
View Quote
No way!
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think a lot of it was speculation related to the Travis Haley/96 hours thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The government is going to have their narrative, the media will have the same narrative as the government, we are allowed our own as well.

None will be right, but I prefer my delusions over someone else's spoonfed to me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Snow is water, with a hard on.
View Quote

That's ice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Video at date.
View Quote
So pack your shit and move to Australia you vapid cunt.  Take the potato, schumer, and that witch pelosi with you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#24]
If he was a Fueler, he probably has a lot of anger built up about drivers not having ground guides.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's ice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Snow is water, with a hard on.

That's ice.

Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I think a lot of it was speculation related to the Travis Haley/96 hours thread.
View Quote

I think it’s just people hoping it will be a special demographic so there’s less pressure on gun rights.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In before the anchor shots are bad snowflakes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF? Good on the condo complex employee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpVMWj5NGo

There’s no way in HELL I wouldn’t have anchored that autistic weirdo right then and there.

Good shooting by the guard

In before the anchor shots are bad snowflakes.

In my latest active shooter training we were actually taught to do anchor shots.  We were told it is now state policy, put out by our Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, that any son of a bitch that tries to kill kids in a school in Florida is not going to survive the attempt.

The thinking is we will be by ourselves until law enforcement arrives so we have to make sure the attacker is dead in case there is a second attacker we have to go deal with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#28]
If you are not triple tapping, you are doing it really wrong.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wonder how different our trip to Maine next year is gonna be... We've already booked the campsite just outside of Bangor.  I haven't been up in that area since 1992.
View Quote

A lot different from 93. It’s more crowded and more liberal as transplants move here. There are lots of homeless being bused in from other parts of New England and southern Maine.  Drug dealers from other states have taken up residence. It’s a shame.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In my latest active shooter training we were actually taught to do anchor shots.  We were told it is now state policy, put out by our Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, that any son of a bitch that tries to kill kids in a school in Florida is not going to survive the attempt.

The thinking is we will be by ourselves until law enforcement arrives so we have to make sure the attacker is dead in case there is a second attacker we have to go deal with.
View Quote

I had same training
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A lot different from 93. It’s more crowded and more liberal as transplants move here. There are lots of homeless being bused in from other parts of New England and southern Maine.  Drug dealers from other states have taken up residence. It’s a shame.
View Quote

The Ramada was a happening place in the 70s and 80s.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the whole country bud. Population growth is insane but not helped with another 250k Mexicans and others crossing the border every month.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Maine shooting suspect Robert Card was struggling with his mental health and claimed to family he overheard people talking about him at the bowling alley and bar where he is accused of opening fire Wednesday, according to his sister-in-law.

“He truly believed he was hearing people say things. This all just happened within the last few months,” Katie O’Neill, who is married to Card’s brother, told the Daily Beast Thursday.

“I have known Rob my whole life. He is quiet but the most loving, hardworking, and kind person that I know. But in the past year, he had an acute episode of mental health,” she added.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/26/news/maine-shooting-suspect-robert-card-may-have-targeted-places-where-he-claimed-people-insulted-him/
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The government is going to have their narrative, the media will have the same narrative as the government, we are allowed our own as well.

None will be right, but I prefer my delusions over someone else's spoonfed to me.
View Quote

While I think it is beyond gross to have people hoping it’s muzzies or urban yutes but it’s a sick sad world that we’re forced into thinking it since the left is going to do the same to spin the narrative to suit their gun grabbing agenda. Every time these things happen we have to deal with the onslaught of bullshit and stress from the anti’s. Lightens the load emotionally. Fucked up, but I understand the tendency.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
There's no where to go there on a jetski he couldn't drive to faster then unload. There's dams in a mile in both directions.
There is a bridge there though he could have jumped off.
View Quote

Exactly, I suspect he swapped vehicles or maybe the dirt bike thing. Jet ski makes no sense in that area.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
What do you think is going to be different?
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That’s some Sedgwick Great Escape shit right there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, the population that a) carries a firearm b) trains with said firearm and c) has same firearm with them the majority of time in public is *maybe* 3% of all firearms owners. Let's talk about this exact scenario, a good Samaritan in a bowling alley. I can talk about this as I've been *that* guy carrying a gun in a bowling alley but if I'm there to bowl off comes the gun (put in the wife's purse, my bowling bag or left in the car's glove compartment.) If the GS type has the gun inn his wife's purse or his bowling bag, he's got a good chance and picking off the bad guy with a surprised shot but lets be honest, realistically the GM would leave the gun secured in his vehicle.

In light of this I think all of us need to reevaluate when/where we're carrying if we're carrying, I'll admit to being a bit lax at times or because of inconvenience. Not every one of us is at Condition White 100% of the time, that's simply not possible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the first shot was 15 feet away from him.  

That is an absurdly easy pistol shot.  Even beginners can hit a man sized target from the 5 yard line.

I think hanging out with folks who carry and then reading sites like this makes me think everybody is carrying and ready to battle.

My wife reminded me this morning that I vastly overestimate how much of the public is similar to me.

Of course, had this guy been carrying, turned, and shot the guy dead, this would not even be a national news item.  Stories where a bystander drops the shooter are not news.

Yes, the population that a) carries a firearm b) trains with said firearm and c) has same firearm with them the majority of time in public is *maybe* 3% of all firearms owners. Let's talk about this exact scenario, a good Samaritan in a bowling alley. I can talk about this as I've been *that* guy carrying a gun in a bowling alley but if I'm there to bowl off comes the gun (put in the wife's purse, my bowling bag or left in the car's glove compartment.) If the GS type has the gun inn his wife's purse or his bowling bag, he's got a good chance and picking off the bad guy with a surprised shot but lets be honest, realistically the GM would leave the gun secured in his vehicle.

In light of this I think all of us need to reevaluate when/where we're carrying if we're carrying, I'll admit to being a bit lax at times or because of inconvenience. Not every one of us is at Condition White 100% of the time, that's simply not possible.

Why take the gun off to bowl? I wouldn't and haven't. Outside of places where I don't really have a choice legally, the only time I take it off is to go in the water.

You're correct you can't be paying complete attention all the time and you can always get distracted but at least have the tools on you. That way when you hear the first shots you can snap back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why take the gun off to bowl?
View Quote

Probably to avoid being arrested.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Just speculation but what are the publicly known capabilities of a CASA CN-235? Been checking ADSB exchange here and there and this aircraft C2304 seems to be flying up and down the waterways near Bath. Maybe they think he did make it out on a boat.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Ramada was a happening place in the 70s and 80s.
View Quote

It’s a homeless shelter now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That’s some Sedgwick Great Escape shit right there.
View Quote

I imagine that the only reason they would be searching for him on his boat is because hit boat isn't sitting next to his house.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:42:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Card's boat, a 15-ft Bayliner is also missing, according to reports.

Marine records seen by DailyMail.com show that Card registered a 2019 Sea Doo jet ski in his name in June, sparking fears that he could have used the watercraft to flee investigators after opening fire.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've paddled the Kennebec. There are some seriously sketchy Class V parts of that river (rapids). I'm sure he knows that area well, but without the right equipment, you are in big trouble if you get to Big Momma.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the first shot was 15 feet away from him.  

That is an absurdly easy pistol shot.  Even beginners can hit a man sized target from the 5 yard line.

I think hanging out with folks who carry and then reading sites like this makes me think everybody is carrying and ready to battle.

My wife reminded me this morning that I vastly overestimate how much of the public is similar to me.

Of course, had this guy been carrying, turned, and shot the guy dead, this would not even be a national news item.  Stories where a bystander drops the shooter are not news.

I know I’m the exception not the rule but it’s not hard to carry while doing things like that. A quality holster and belt with some thought at wardrobe selection it’s fairly easy to not be seen carrying while also not looking like Gecko45
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Amazing! She took the cocks out of her mouth for a moment and actually spoke!

Fuck Harris, fuck Biden, fuck this administration, fuck the MSM.
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

The administration's Palestinian friends are licking their chops in anticipation.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He could have easily withheld some of them. Most likely they wouldn't know how many he had.
View Quote

The "state" has no clue what firearms are out there and who has them. "New" felons or those committed, etc., don't turn them in.  Even in a state like California where they are supposed to be registered, the underpaid/underfunded task force trying to play catch-up with known new felons/firearms can't.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let's hope all these people dieing doesn't cause you any inconvenience.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did this embarrassing shit for the Boston bombers too.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top