Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’d use a big magnet from below,where it sticks to the ceiling the gun or box is above. 1/2” Sheetrock is no problem for a big retrieval magnet
View Quote
go to unitednuclear.com and get a neodymium magnet. Glue it to a broomstick and scan the ceilings. When you hit the mauser you'll be able to do a pullup.

my brother told his son and nephew there was gold buried by a former owner of the farm. 120 acres. He gave them a metal detector and kept them busy one summer.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A drug addicted family member would find it in about 10 minutes. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Made a few tools, I don't  have much to work with and everything is closed today.

But these should do...

Attachment Attached File

Here is the area of operation

Attachment Attached File

I'm going in...
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Made a few tools, I don't  have much to work with and everything is closed today.

But these should do...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20191225_152956_jpg-1208841.JPG

Here is the area of operation

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20191225_150522_jpg-1208843.JPG

I'm going in...
View Quote
IBTE.

In Before The Electrocution.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, here goes something...

No dibs yet... you guys are slipping.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#6]
People of the older generation always hide things annoying. Money, guns, valuables, etc... Check behind or in the pictures or a secret compartment in the bottom of a cabinet. That's where I have seen things hidden by relatives.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, here goes something...

No dibs yet... you guys are slipping.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439353/20191225_154202_jpg-1208848.JPG
View Quote
Ok. I'm fuckin in.

dis gun be gud
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Leaf blow all the crap out of the way then rake it back once done.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Jesus.... do you want to feel like a pin cushion for weeks.... because that's how you feel like a pin cushion for weeks
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jesus.... do you want to feel like a pin cushion for weeks.... because that's how you feel like a pin cushion for weeks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What, you have a problem with a room full of flying glass shards?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#12]
All I have to add is that my dad hid a single shot shotgun at his place in Maine, and never told us where.

Years later when my sister was cleaning out an unused upstairs bedroom, she lifted the mattress and there it was, with a round in the chamber.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No guts no glory
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]
In! Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My parents have a house in AZ where they go for the winters. My Dad brought a 1914 Mauser with him one year. Before they came back North for the spring he hid the damn thing somewhere... my brother recalls it may have been in the attic under the insulation. My Dad was weird about stuff like this, he hid money and guns all over his house in ND... it took me nearly a year after he died but I found every single gun accept this one.

He died a year and a half ago, I haven't been to AZ myself for a while but I am here for the week of Christmas. I have already looked in the attic above the garage and crawled around digging through the blown in insulation with no luck. I looked in the cold air returns, behind furniture, under the bottom file cabinet drawers, behing access panels for shower valves... all his usual stashing places with no luck.

I think it is still in the attic, in a soft zip up case buried under 14" of insulation....

Thought of looking a for a metal detector, but the rafter clips would probably set it off all over the place. Same problem with a large magent.

Anyone got an idea on how to find it?

Need a Christams miracle.
View Quote
Best not ot look for it op. That may have been his murderin gun
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Happy hunting!

My dad confiscated a switchblade from me years 30 years ago and "hid" it.

He didn't remember where, and has since passed.  I will find it someday.

Either that, or he threw it in the trash.

Nothing lost of any value really.  Now you, on the other hand, you have a real hunt!

Good luck!
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Great grandfather had some civil war era pistol hidden according to family lore.  He couldn't talk well and grandma was sick with a head cold and couldn't understand where he told her it was shortly before he died.  We looked through the house, top to bottom, but never did find it.  Apparently neither did the guy who bought the place and remodeled everything.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
In!

I like the idea of a strong magnet from below, move it around the ceiling beneath the attic. When it starts moving something, you'll know.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In!

I like the idea of a strong magnet from below, move it around the ceiling beneath the attic. When it starts moving something, you'll know.
View Quote
This would be the first thing I'd try, before crawling around in the attic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#20]
In before the op finds a snek and shoots at it!!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In before the op finds a snek and shoots at it!!!!
View Quote
In before the OP falls through the ceiling
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Gahhh... No Dice.

The T handle thing worked beautifully, I don't think it is over the Garage.

So next step is to crawl in the access  in the hallway where the furnace is and start exploring up there.

Talked to my brother again in ND and he is pretty confident it is still up there. Sent him some pictures and he said it's not far from the opening and try the hatch above the hall.

I am gonna get cleaned up for dinner no more tonight.

So the saga of the Christmas Mauser continues...
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#23]
How about in/on the attic ladder? Any strange looking boxes?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I did not read all 5 pages. But I would get a strong magnet , and rub that on the Sheetrock. If you find something, investigate further. Like a magnetic stud finder.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I have been in many attics here in AZ

sometimes there will be a "DROP" ceiling, whitch will have a lower part to the attic.  Yet from the attic you cant see it.

look at the insulation to see if its been disturbed.  a house built in 2003 should have lots of AZ dust in it.

If you were in Gilbert or any east valley city id grad my mask and go digging with you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
People of the older generation always hide things annoying. Money, guns, valuables, etc... Check behind or in the pictures or a secret compartment in the bottom of a cabinet. That's where I have seen things hidden by relatives.
View Quote
They hide stuff because they know what's up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Opened paint cans.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
DAY 1
View Quote
DAY 2
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Our couch has a small zippered compartment on the underside for the legs I think. When we put it in the house I had the idea that it would be a good spot for a pistol and some mags.

Impractical for immediate need but it tucks away nicely.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#30]
One has to ask why would your dead dad go to so much trouble to his a pistol.  He had to know it was worth something, so maybe he sold it, or gave it to someone he liked.

My dad passed away last year and had a pistol I wanted, but it wasn't with any of his other guns and it couldn't be located.  I finally found it in his bedroom fully loaded and stashed where he could get to it.  I suspect the same is true of your dad's gun.  It's somewhere where he could get to it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Any luck OP?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#32]
OP can’t reply right now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Befriend a K9 handler and run the dog through the house
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Thermal imaging camera.  Buddy of mine has a business where he goes to homes to look for hidden water leaks, drafts, areas where builders skimped on insulation etc.  You’d be surprised what he finds and you can tell instantly.  He’s found guns, cash, coins, ammo, jewelry etc hidden in walls.
View Quote
He find any hidden nudie mags?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Recon of the North Side tonight...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Good luck hope you locate the pistol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
Good luck!  

Keep us updated!
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No it is here. Dad never sold ANYTHING and I did find a box of 32 Auto. It is here.... somewhere.
View Quote
Look in a book. In the room he spends most of his time.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Like to know if it works too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

If serious. I’d like to know more.
Like to know if it works too.
Stargate Project (Remote Viewing)

Psychic Warrior: The True Story of America's Foremost Psychic Spy and the Cover-Up of the CIA's Top-Secret Stargate Program (Book Available at Amazon)

Personally, I'd say a prayer to Saint Anthony.

The Holy Spirit knows exactly where that pistol is.  Ask for some help finding it.

Say:

"Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints"
O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Encouraged by this thought, I implore you to obtain for me (make your request: ...that bitchin' 1914 Mauser hand-cannon my dad hid someplace). O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#42]
RATS.... nothing.

I will keep looking around the house but we leave tomorrow afternoon.

The legend of the Christmas Mauser lives on.

I am pissed because my Dad refused to keep anything of real value on his safes. He was afraid that would be the first thing thieves would go for.

He hid things everywhere... his house in ND had 6 guns, two boxes silver coins, 3 German Daggers, and about 3 grand in hash stashed in various places.
And tools hidden everwhere...  there was hollow spot under the fireplace mantle stashed full of tools.

My Mom tried to keep him from hoarding stuff in the house here in AZ... but we have found a few things, mostly tools, a box of ammo, and a Banjo... he didn't even play the Banjo... and no there was nothing in the Banjo or the case.

He has had this 1914 Mauser for longer than I have been alive. It was a very nice one and it is the last of the guns, the only one missing.

Thanks Dad, hope you got a laugh out of this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:32:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
RATS.... nothing.

I will keep looking around the house but we leave tomorrow afternoon.

The legend of the Christmas Mauser lives on.

I am pissed because my Dad refused to keep anything of real value on his safes. He was afraid that would be the first thing thieves would go for.

He hid things everywhere... his house in ND had 6 guns, two boxes silver coins, 3 German Daggers, and about 3 grand in hash stashed in various places.
And tools hidden everwhere...  there was hollow spot under the fireplace mantle stashed full of tools.

My Mom tried to keep him from hoarding stuff in the house here in AZ... but we have found a few things, mostly tools, a box of ammo, and a Banjo... he didn't even play the Banjo... and no there was nothing in the Banjo or the case.

He has had this 1914 Mauser for longer than I have been alive. It was a very nice one and it is the last of the guns, the only one missing.

Thanks Dad, hope you got a laugh out of this.
View Quote
So did you say the prayer to St. Anthony?

Don't blame me if you didn't and you can't find that pistol, because I told you to say the prayer to St. Anthony.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:02:27 AM EDT
[#44]
3 grand in hash, or cash?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Befriend a K9 handler and run the dog through the house
View Quote
Sheetrock doesn't consistently hold K9's.  (Luckily neither of the two I saw it happen to were hurt when they fell thru.). And while I have seen them find guns and clothing, not sure how well they would do years later like this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Keep looking- a 1914 Mauser is not something to lose!  On my list to purchase someday.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Did you turn over couches or upholstered sitting chairs in the living room?

Under the fabric on the bottom of the chair.

I don't know why I'm thinking that--but hey.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn!  If you were here longer I'd grab some dowsing rods and head over!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Depending on the construction perhaps pull the medicine cabinets from the bathrooms and see if it’s in a void behind them. That’s an often overlooked hiding spot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
3 grand in hash, or cash?
View Quote
Lol saw that too
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top