BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So how do you use it? Chew the leaves, smoke it, make tea, rub it on your butt?
View Quote
I guess you could rub it on your butt, some people probably do

But I just chew the leaves. Probably chewed the leaves about 2-3 times (they were alright,) I'm waiting for the tree to grow and mature before I judge it's potency. Most of my Kratom is dried leaf material that comes from Southeast Asia, the same way everyone else orders their Kratom. It's the difference between me spending my days in bed and me working 60-80hrs a week, spending time with my son and enjoying some quality of life without being a drugged out zombie that pops pills every couple hours. I feel human...with prescription narcotics, I felt something else- don't ever want to go back there. Some people really do need the pills, I don't judge them- but I manage well with Kratom. Would rather feel functional than high or tweaked out, any day of the week.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Go troll somewhere else, we love freedom in here and especially freedom from prescription opioid narcotics.

If opium poppies are your thing, have at it- be be advised there is a long sad history with their use. I dis-advise.
View Quote
You say you love freedom but you agree with another plant being outlawed because your plant is superior?  Kratom doesn't even have beautiful flowers

Brown man plant bad, white man plant good

Ok got it
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You say you love freedom but you agree with another plant being outlawed because your plant is superior?  Kratom doesn't even have beautiful flowers

Ok got it
View Quote
Dude, some of you guys don't understand the difference between looking at pretty flowers and developing a morphine tolerance because of them.

Go see if Walmart has any Poppy Seeds. Nobody is trying to outlaw them- and yet simple extraction from them yields morphine for druggies. My advice is not to do that- and to go a step further, if I wanted to legislate them, maybe you'd have a legitimate complaint. I don't want to legislate anything, but I think that some things are a really bad idea. I could be talking endless shit about prescription narcotics in this thread- but I don't- because some people can't have any quality of life without them and the addiction/tolerance/withdrawal is a lesser evil than their excruciating pain driving them to suicide.

Not sure what you've got against Kratom, but whatever it is...someone has really misled you.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've chewed a couple of leaves from it, they were decent.

Red/Green/White depends on the stage of maturity. So far from what I've observed, the red vein leaves are early and immature...they turn green as they approach maturity...and then white as they reach the final stage of maturity. I think it has more to do with the stage of growth than the genetic diversity of the species- although there ARE some very well known variants like Red Thai and White Horned that seem to offer more potent mature leaves in relation to the vein color. I can think of a lot of ways that I'd rather die, but slowly turning in to a skeleton and going in to respiratory arrest on the same streets that I used to patrol is not one of them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Red, green or white?...
I've chewed a couple of leaves from it, they were decent.

Red/Green/White depends on the stage of maturity. So far from what I've observed, the red vein leaves are early and immature...they turn green as they approach maturity...and then white as they reach the final stage of maturity. I think it has more to do with the stage of growth than the genetic diversity of the species- although there ARE some very well known variants like Red Thai and White Horned that seem to offer more potent mature leaves in relation to the vein color. I can think of a lot of ways that I'd rather die, but slowly turning in to a skeleton and going in to respiratory arrest on the same streets that I used to patrol is not one of them.
A-ha! Didn't know that. I thought it was a strain-specific trait. Neat info...
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A-ha! Didn't know that. I thought it was a strain-specific trait. Neat info...
View Quote
I still think there is something to it...some strains probably yield a stronger alkaloid profile specific to their genetic traits. I'd love to collect samples from every known variant/cultivar and have them tested. There are a few subspecies of Mitragyna that deserve some investigation.

It drives me crazy that people don't realize Mitragyna is a relative of the plants their coffee comes from. Seriously- you've got someone right now, somewhere, who is sipping coffee and simultaneously thinking "We must ban this Kratom bullshit for the good of all mankind!" @cochraneap
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok got it
View Quote
When and where did I ever advocate for anything to be outlawed?

You do realize that (Southeast Asian) Thai people aren't white- right?? Are you late for a BLM demonstration somewhere?

And really, bro? What's this mess about how Kratom doesn't have beautiful flowers? Why you trollin' though? It seems pretty fuckin' symmetrical to me.

Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:52:23 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread has now devolved to arguing the merits of and government responsibility to regulate a plant based on how pretty it's flowers are
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]
What is a common/standard dose? How often?...
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dunno, but I use a handy free phone app called PlantNet.  You take a photo of the plant (leaf, flower, whatever), geolocation is noted and used in the database lookup, and voila!
View Quote
NOT HOT DOG
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This thread has now devolved to arguing the merits of and government responsibility to regulate a plant based on how pretty it's flowers are
View Quote
I self identify as a venus flytrap
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's damn hard to find here in the PI.

I'd be an interested customer if it was readily available here. I hear good things about Kratom and pain relief.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not weed, but it was almost banned by los federales.

Another hint: It's native to Southeast Asia.
It's damn hard to find here in the PI.

I'd be an interested customer if it was readily available here. I hear good things about Kratom and pain relief.
Would the natives cut off your balls for that ?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I still think there is something to it...some strains probably yield a stronger alkaloid profile specific to their genetic traits. I'd love to collect samples from every known variant/cultivar and have them tested. There are a few subspecies of Mitragyna that deserve some investigation.

It drives me crazy that people don't realize Mitragyna is a relative of the plants their coffee comes from. Seriously- you've got someone right now, somewhere, who is sipping coffee and simultaneously thinking "We must ban this Kratom bullshit for the good of all mankind!" @cochraneap
View Quote

Nice pic, I used Kratom and the other natural medicine when I finally jumped off the Methadone train. It was not easy but it was a blessing during the w/d process. I have been on opiates for 20 yrs and Methadone 10 yrs. I am happy to report I am clean now and no longer in pain due to natural meds that  I have a legit Rx for. Many times my wife would have to give me a sternum rub in the middle of the night due to I quit breathing from the Methadone.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, how about a cliffs version synopsis of that shit?

I can google it, but I'd rather hear your take.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So how do you use it? Chew the leaves, smoke it, make tea, rub it on your butt?
View Quote
The possibilities are endless.

If you are brave enough.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey OP, where did you get seeds from? I've been buying red bali capsules and im amazed at how well it works for pain relief and i am considering trying to grow a few plants. I just dont know where to get seeds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#18]
You can grow them in temperate areas?  I thought they were strictly tropical.

I love kratom threads.  People who have no idea what they're talking about hate it and are extremely confident in their ignorance, whereas people who have tried it say, "Are you stupid?  Why would you want to ban this highly beneficial and totally harmless plant?"

I use it quite often.  I don't have chronic pain or anything, but it does help with anxiety.  But unlike other drugs, it is not mind-altering or stupor-inducing at all.  The strongest physical effect I've ever had from it is being slightly dizzy.  Then just for curiousity's sake I took about 8 grams instead of the normal 2-3 grams, and all that happened was that I felt very uncomfortable and felt like I had had WAY too much coffee.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top