Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/20/2012 4:18:39 PM EDT
I only own 2 AR's and usually keep one at my apartment and one at my mom's house. I do this because apartments often burn-down and my mom has a nice alarm system and a black german shepherd. I was at my mom's the other night and I got-out my AR. She believes in "total gun control" and began questioning me why I "need" an AR. I didn't feel like arguing so I said "If you don't support my having a gun that's fine. I will honor your feelings; in the unlikely event there is ever an emergency I will NOT use my gun to protect you. If someone breaks-in I will point to you and say "you can take her." If there is ever another holocaust-like event I will not protect you; I'll wave and smile as you are loaded into the box cars on your way to the ovens."  She said "you wouldn't protect your mother?!? You are a horrible son!"  To which I responded "hey, you admonish me for having guns... that's fine, but if you don't support my choice they I won't use my investments to protect you."

She was horrified. I laughed my ass off. and I was serious; I wouldn't use a gun to protect her, or anybody else I knew to be anti-2nd amendment.

Just wanted to share : )
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Regardless of politics, that's a really fucked up attitude on your part.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I only own 2 AR's and usually keep one at my apartment and one at my mom's house. I do this because apartments often burn-down and my mom has a nice alarm system and a black german shepherd. I was at my mom's the other night and I got-out my AR. She believes in "total gun control" and began questioning me why I "need" an AR. I didn't feel like arguing so I said "If you don't support my having a gun that's fine. I will honor your feelings; in the unlikely event there is ever an emergency I will NOT use my gun to protect you. If someone breaks-in I will point to you and say "you can take her." If there is ever another holocaust-like event I will not protect you; I'll wave and smile as you are loaded into the box cars on your way to the ovens."  She said "you wouldn't protect your mother?!? You are a horrible son!"  To which I responded "hey, you admonish me for having guns... that's fine, but if you don't support my choice they I won't use my investments to protect you."

She was horrified. I laughed my ass off. and I was serious; I wouldn't use a gun to protect her, or anybody else I knew to be anti-2nd amendment.

Quoted for posterity.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Gonna take more than that to troll this board.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hahaha nice
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell her to buy you ammo and mags then.

And you promise to do your duty if she turns
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was serious; I wouldn't use a gun to protect her, or anybody else I knew to be anti-2nd amendment.

Wow. Besides the clear disregard for human life, maybe being protected with a gun would change someone attitudes about guns.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL.   Good for you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:24:37 PM EDT
[#9]
You sound like a nice guy... Lol

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Your mom is correct in her assessment.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#11]
(In for train wreck)

Pics of mom?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
In before, my mom turned my AR at the no questions asked Guns for toys drive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Good for you.  I feel the exact same way.

I'm sure some think our POV is hard-hearted or heartless.  But I have no patience for people who want other to do their dirty jobs for them--and to do them without getting their hands dirty.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:27:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Do you know what's even more fucked up? His mother's attitude on disarming her son, so that if she was going to the ovens, that she would want her son to be disarmed so that he could accompany her, instead of surviving as her progeny.  ETA: what kind of mother would, knowing that she was certainly going to die unless her son saved her, instead wish that both her and her son would most certainly die?

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
If my mom ever talked to me like that she would be getting butt stroked and making me some pizza rolls.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I understand your feelings.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yep.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Defend yourself lady, your finger ain't broke.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In before, my mom turned my AR at the no questions asked Guns for toys drive.

He's right.

Get your shit out yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Well God forbid someone broke into your mom's house and tried to harm her, maybe you or someone using a gun to protect her would change her mind......
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

More fucked up than hers?

I don't think so.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If my mom ever talked to me like that she would be getting butt stroked and making me some pizza rolls.

I'm not sure which is worse.  OP's comments or this.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Um...I'll protect your mom.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking the pizza rolls are more fucked up. I mean come on man! She just has to warm that shit up, make her actually COOK something for goodness sakes!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure which is worse. OP's comments or this.

I'm gonna go with the mother for selling out her own son's ability to protect both of them.  I've always thought that mothers would give their own lives to save their children... or at least good mothers.  This one seems to say that if she dies, she wants to make sure her son dies as well.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#27]
mom pics

or gun pics
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm sure some think our POV is hard-hearted or heartless.  But I have no patience for people who want other to do their dirty jobs for them--and to do them without getting their hands dirty.

This x1000
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you did that to shock her into thinking, I'm fine with it.  Since you meant it all and would not protect a family member, that is totally reprehensible.  You would do the quislings proud.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Um...I'll protect your mom.

BLOODY VIKINGS!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#32]
People who have security and peace without guns, only enjoy said security because people with guns are protecting it - including down to the personal level.

Eventually they forget the critical second part of that formula.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I agree.

Better response would have been: What are you going to do if I can't get there in time?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x1000

She's your FUCKING MOM  
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking the pizza rolls are more fucked up. I mean come on man! She just has to warm that shit up, make her actually COOK something for goodness sakes!

Mom the meatloaf!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x1000

We're not talking about 'people', we're talking about your mother.
If you're capable of standing idle while your own mother is victimized, you're a seriously damaged individual.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

People who have security and peace without guns, only enjoy said security because people with guns are protecting it - including down to the personal level.

Eventually they forget the critical second part of that formula.

Yup.  Your avatar is especially appropriate.  I'd liken this to them walking up to a dam with a hammer and chisel, and exclaiming "This has just got to go, it's blocking my view!".

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good for you. I feel the exact same way.

I'm sure some think our POV is hard-hearted or heartless. But I have no patience for people who want other to do their dirty jobs for them--and to do them without getting their hands dirty.
This x1000

If you're capable of standing idle while your own mother is victimized, you're a seriously damaged individual.

No, this is like being in danger because there is a bear charging at you and you just put your mother in a one-person steel capsule.  On doing that, you jumped into the other capsule and shut the door.  What this mother would do is akin to leaving the safety of her capsule and attempting to open and keep open the door to your capsule... so that you'll both die.  Again, what mother thinks like that?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#40]
No ass, no gas , no grass.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know what's even more fucked up? His mother's attitude on disarming her son, so that if she was going to the ovens, that she would want her son to be disarmed so that he could accompany her, instead of surviving as her progeny.  ETA: what kind of mother would, knowing that she was certainly going to die unless her son saved her, instead wish that both her and her son would most certainly die?

If the OPs mother knew she was certainly going to die, you might have a point. What does that have to do with the topic at hand, IE a nieve mom whos simply uninformed?

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:01:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for you. I feel the exact same way.

I'm sure some think our POV is hard-hearted or heartless. But I have no patience for people who want other to do their dirty jobs for them--and to do them without getting their hands dirty.
This x1000

No, this is like being in danger because there is a bear charging at you and you just put your mother in a one-person steel capsule.  On doing that, you jumped into the other capsule and shut the door.  What this mother would do is akin to leaving the safety of her capsule and attempting to open and keep open the door to your capsule... so that you'll both die.  Again, what mother thinks like that?

Wow. Umm... OK then.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd be in for pics of mom.
OP states he lives in an apartment, and has the fucked up views of a 21 yo.
So, that may put his mom at 42 or so.
Very fuckable.

OP, grow up.
You had a CSB going until the last part.
That's fucked up.
She is still your mother.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Wow!  She is your Mom!  Your post makes you sound like a soulless donkey dongle.  Don't act all proud of yourself.  I'd have kicked your ass out of the house so fast, you would be bouncing on your ass all the way to the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
(In for train wreck)

Pics of mom?

LOL.... that would be un-cool to post people's photo without their knowledge..... good one though.

For those that see my logic; thank you; you rock! I like the capsule and bear analogy! For those who say "she's still your mother" or something like that, beyond the hypocrasy (spelling) of her outrage, she's put her own interests ahead of mine many times. She's made her choices; let her live with them. That's the basis of the American system. If someone wants to criticize you that's fine; she can disapprove of my guns. But the idea of using a tool that someone thinks is "evil" to protect them is offensive to all logic and reason.

And I'm 33 by the way.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Correct.

That woman took care of you when you were a sniveling, snotnose baby crapping on yourself.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#48]
wow well i don`t blame you,she still is family though...
NOW back to your Xbox kiddo

and no supper go to bed....
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:08:30 PM EDT
[#49]
did you father that kid on the doomsday prepper show?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

What are you, 12 years old?

Sheesh.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top