Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/8/2020 11:21:48 AM EDT
Eight years in and this is the first time the upper echelon is writing anything like this .  They're getting bolder.

Email below with this attachment: https://hbr.org/2020/06/u-s-businesses-must-take-meaningful-action-against-racism

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Second email from different HWhiteIC:

Attachment Attached File

The emails say this all starts with dialogue, and you are all my friends and people of the community, so I take that to mean it can be posted here for discussion. Please share your opinions with me so I can learn about racisms.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like the creation of a Hostile Work Environment should one choose to disagree with their assessment.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quick. Apologize for being white and relinquish your privilege.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#3]
It is not possible to have a conversation with those who will shut down or ignore facts introduced into the equation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#4]
A family member’s employer sent out similar crap, including a quote by American Communist Party VP candidate Angela Davis.

Honk honk.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:32:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Not surprising in the least.  It is happening everywhere.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:33:33 AM EDT
[#6]
from out health insurance company this morning:

Today, we announced commitments to drive national change with a $50 million pledge over the next five years focused on directly impacting racial injustice issues, strengthening our communities and addressing health inequities. With our 75-year history in local communities, we are compelled by our values to improve the lives and the health of communities and help build a better, more equitable and healthier America.
View Quote

Guess who gets to fund that $50M?  Certainly won't be the CEO-level people!
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Complete Douches. Same here with my so called employer. Knee taking coms to associates.
Can't even shop in peace. Got a damn email from Petsmart this morning for Christs sake! Much the same as above. Total virtue signalling bs! Its everwhere. The lefties are determined to give the wacko europeans a run  for their money I reckon. But hey I guess anythings possible after all we are the country that banned alcohol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A family member’s employer sent out similar crap, including a quote by American Communist Party VP candidate Angela Davis.

Honk honk.
View Quote

The whole this a big communist Trojan horse.

I'd figure out a way to troll them on the call.

"I'd like to take a minute to recognize some more victims of police violence, Daniel Shaver and Kelly Thomas." Then maybe screen share their pictures after everyone says how terrible two more black men were killed that they didn't even know about.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

"I'd like to take a minute to recognize some more victims of police violence, Daniel Shaver and Kelly Thomas." Then maybe screen share their pictures after everyone says how terrible two more black men were killed that they didn't even know about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honk honk.

Don't forget Andrew Finch.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honk honk.

Something's fucky.  These are senior people at a large investment bank, which means they are extremely intelligent, sociopathic, and opportunistic.  They would never write anything that would jeopardize their careers, and there aren't too many levels above them.

Something is changing in the high levels of banking and government.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]
If I received that, I would expect to have a short stay at the company, so I would fire back and make life as miserable and difficult as I could.

"I consider this a hostile work environment and I don't appreciate being called a racist, just because I'm white. Your assumption is offensive and hurts my feelings. I demand to know what steps you will take to address this institutional bias, in both the near term and the long term, to make this a safer place to work."

Or something like that, all of which is garbage but designed to piss in their cheerios.

Annnnd... this is why I have been my own boss for almost three decades.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Something's fucky.  These are senior people at a large investment bank, which means they are extremely intelligent, sociopathic, and opportunistic.  They would never write anything that would jeopardize their careers, and there aren't too many levels above them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honk honk.

they are preparing for a post-election world in which the Democrats have the WH, House, and Senate.  If that doesn't happen, nothing is lost.  If that does happen, they can say "We Did SOMETHING, so leave us alone."  ETA: read or listen to Secret Empires by Peter Schweizer to hear how "friends of the president" shake down private industry behind the scenes, especially in the Obama regime.

So I'm quite interested to see what these two initiatives are.  I sincerely hope they intend to get rid of the slavery and random murders of black people in their workplace.

But in all seriousness, keep quiet unless you already have a new job lined up and want to get fired in spectacular fashion.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m waiting to hear what my water company has to say on this.

Also my electric company.

Are utilities the last bastion of kkk members?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Do you know how hard they are laughing at us?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m waiting to hear what my water company has to say on this.

Also my electric company.

Are utilities the last bastion of kkk members?
View Quote

I'm so glad that one member's water company isn't racist.  I'm so glad he wasn't drinking Racist Water!
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:58:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Suggest that at least half the big wig jobs go to minorities .

Suggest that at least half the money you invest goes to minority owned bidness, maybe Soulglo

Suggest all employees have chains Friday , where they have to wear chains around their necks to learn what it's like to be black.

8f you have another job all lined up, suggest all white women employees start blowing any black guy that walks by 5he building.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still waiting for proof that this was a racial motivated killing...
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#19]
"We await your resignation so the company can fill your spot with a person of color."
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Ask them how they believe George was killed due to racism. He was being arrested for trying to pass counterfeit money not for being black. And in reality if the democrats in Minnesota hadn't pulled the lockdown on the citizens George would probably be alive today as he wouldn't have had to resort to faking money.
The autopsy by the coroner showed he didn't die from oxygen deprivation. The officer didn't shout out the N word or tell George he was going to be murdered because he's black. Where is the racism? Being arrested isn't a color issue it's legal issue due to one's own actions.
Then if you want to get into trouble with work suggest that in order to help with the "racism" problem the entire management team should sell their homes in the suburbs and move into the inner city and send their own kids to schools there.
It'll help the tax base and they can shed their white supremacy at the same time. Explain that they will learn how their new black American neighbors in the inner city cope with racism and they can then offer suggestions to help.
Of course that's if they don't flee the inner city within the first month after having gunshots hit their new homes or their kids get beaten up every day at their new school for being white.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one wants their business burned down, literally or figuratively.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ask them how they believe George was killed due to racism. He was being arrested for trying to pass counterfeit money not for being black. And in reality if the democrats in Minnesota hadn't pulled the lockdown on the citizens George would probably be alive today as he wouldn't have had to resort to faking money.
The autopsy by the coroner showed he didn't die from oxygen deprivation. The officer didn't shout out the N word or tell George he was going to be murdered because he's black. Where is the racism? Being arrested isn't a color issue it's legal issue due to one's own actions.
Then if you want to get into trouble with work suggest that in order to help with the "racism" problem the entire management team should sell their homes in the suburbs and move into the inner city and send their own kids to schools there.
It'll help the tax base and they can shed their white supremacy at the same time. Explain that they will learn how their new black American neighbors in the inner city cope with racism and they can then offer suggestions to help.
Of course that's if they don't flee the inner city within the first month after having gunshots hit their new homes or their kids get beaten up every day at their new school for being white.
View Quote

they don't give a shit about facts, it's all about pacifying the mob, keeping the govt off their back, and virtue-signaling to customers.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:12:33 PM EDT
[#23]
When your c-suite tells you to follow Shaun King on instagram... surely there are greener pastures.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Bend the knee.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's just virtue signaling.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bookend them with Breonna Taylor and someone else who's non-white.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#27]
You need them to up the ante

Suggested at least half of the managers should be black people to make things equal and to make up for the injustice they have suffered.  

I bet that email gets buried.  

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]
I’m so glad I don’t work in a corporate environment
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't ask me, man. According to my training at work, I am only halfway up their "Diversity Spectrum."

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

My knees are shot, I need a hip replacement.
I've never filed for unemployment.
I've volunteered in my community for over 30yrs.
We support the local food pantry and help the poor on a per instance basis.

I'm good.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#31]
your company wants  a trick
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s ally camouflage. No no don’t come for XYZ inc. We are an ally. Big corporations used to pay off Jackson, Sharpton et al for racism protection. Since Sharpton and Jackson weren’t communists it worked. They got a payday and went away. The change is Ellison, Tahlib, & Cortez are communists and won’t stop with a paycheck. They’ll take the paycheck and keep coming. The establishment thinks that it can co-opt them and be safe. They’re wrong.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:26:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Virtual reeducation camp.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:26:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm so glad that one member's water company isn't racist.  I'm so glad he wasn't drinking Racist Water!
View Quote

It’s here
It’s clear
Get used to it
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Seems to me there's been a lot of black people that have died because they were shit bags but what ever.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Don't ask me, man. According to my training at work, I am only halfway up their "Diversity Spectrum."

View Quote

Could u identify as a POC preop transsexual? Maybe have a picture of yourself photoshopped into a pride parade.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Just FYI, you can identify as transgender at any time and any request for you to prove your trans identity is discriminatory.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Just say you are gay and because seeing discrimination is so upsetting to you that you do not think you can emotionally handle the training and dont show. Then go shooting at the range while your white cucks virtue signal their day away trying to one-up each other in how pathetic they are.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm still waiting for proof that this was a racial motivated killing...
View Quote

There's no evidence that it was. Just an automatic assumption based on the cop's skin color and Floyd's. Which is of course not bigoted at all.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#41]
They always say they want dialog, but if any white person speaks any truth at all, they would be jeprodisring their career.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Claim you are trans-racial.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Reply All, "Sorry for being white!"

Then when you get pulled into the HR department to see if you were being sarcastic and either writing you up or firing you you turn it up a notch.  Immediately go full SJW offensive and DEMAND that the email be re-sent with that exact phrase as post script from the bank president because it should have been there to begin with.  Anything less is being racist.  And you actually believe that this is a half-hearted attempt at race pandering.  If they were serious there would be paid time off for black people, more sensitivity training for white people, and senior leaders would relinquish their positions to a POC.  Directly call out the writer of the email to be removed and replaced with a POC.  Make a suggestion for a town hall where the writer of this email can explain his half-assed position and come up with a REAL PLAN to tackle the system racial inequality in the organization.

Have the guy either fired for stepping on his crank when he speaks or voluntarily steps down in fear.

Either way you win and can enjoy your manipulation of the situation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#44]
You should send out a mass email stating that, in an effort to be more inclusive and sensitive, you are running all business/purchasing decisions past BLM before you take action.  You would become an untouchable god.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
They see an agenda coming that people can either get behind and be allowed to prosper or refuse and be shown the door.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is not good enough.  If you aren't actively working to fix the wealth, education, and crime differences between whites and blacks then you are still the problem.  Also reparations on are the way.  A local company sent out their virtue signaling email today and they are giving away free memberships to blacks in order to atone for the terrible life their ancestors had.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#47]
I’m being serious.

Start a campaign to have the upper managements/CEO/etc salaries slashed in half for social justice.

Post some garbage gobbly-goop propaganda about black Americans earning so little and ways that leadership can lead by example lol.

Post some of the crazy shit their recommended authors have tweeted and try to get the big wigs to follow along lol.

Master troll.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#48]
You should suggest an anonymous open forum where people can share there "experiences".

Like LinkedIn did.
CEO condemns apalling statements. Issues apology.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Find a new IB for your funds - yesterday.

After you do, inform them that you’re moving to a different agency that’s more focused on growing your investment who hires the absolute best employees they can regardless of race or gender instead of an institution that is posturing themselves to play politics, divert focus to sensitivity training, and virtue signaling.

Give them an opportunity to retain your business by explaining how their new socially conscientious policies will improve their service TO YOU and how it improve the performance of YOUR portfolio.

Wish them luck and sign it:

“Get woke; Go Broke,
Mr. RINO_Hunter”

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Demand that they give up their cushy positions for people of color. Or ask how many of them have volunteered at black community centers or homeless shelters. You will get a long winded explanation of how they can't really help people of color if they did any of that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top