Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I always thought the Shock wave would be good for back pack carry in bear country .

I've seen some pretty decent pack holsters made for it but I don't think it would be pleasant to fire with 3"slugs
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who would choose a pump 12g for hiking over a semi auto 9mm pistol?

Even in Alaska, I'll take a Glock 17 with a +5 extension for 23 rounds of 9mm over a pump shotgun with 5 rds of 12g.
View Quote

I have never hiked in Alaska just in black bear country where I never felt  under gunned with my H&K USP 9mm with hard cast ammo
but big bears like a grizzly ?  No I would rather have a larger caliber handgun or shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
So after taking it apart with him and fiddling with it I would say if you buy one of these ask to take the barrel off in the store.
It seems they missed a spot of parking on the barrel inside the ring that goes over the magazine,  and a spot of finish just in side the mag cap.
Not a huge deal for a sub $200 gun, but bare metal is bs in a wet environment
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So after taking it apart with him and fiddling with it I would say if you buy one of these ask to take the barrel off in the store.
It seems they missed a spot of parking on the barrel inside the ring that goes over the magazine,  and a spot of finish just in side the mag cap.
Not a huge deal for a sub $200 gun, but bare metal is bs in a wet environment
View Quote

It should be Rust-Oleumed anyways for an AK gun
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#5]
First gun is best gun. Now reach him the importance of quality.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You would be an absolute idiot to carry a full size shotgun on a long distance hike.

I guess OP meant to say "nature walk".
View Quote

You are aware of this thing called a fucking sling, right?  It allows you to carry things on your shoulder, their kind of the new hotness though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First gun is best gun. Now reach him the importance of quality.
View Quote

It's not his first gun. Just the first he bought on his own.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Who would choose a pump 12g for hiking over a semi auto 9mm pistol?

Even in Alaska, I'll take a Glock 17 with a +5 extension for 23 rounds of 9mm over a pump shotgun with 5 rds of 12g.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
18" shotgun with mag extension and these for my week long hike in unit 29 of Denali.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215811/BE56B2C7-5CBF-47F6-8DFB-A347998CCFE1-2058845.jpg
View Quote
Hey that's what I have loaded up for bears in my Mossy!
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I won't lie my usual hiking gun is a .22lr.
Than again I only hike with people I don't like.
View Quote

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top