Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/29/2023 3:45:06 PM EDT
Apparently, MIL had COVID symptoms for a few days prior to cooking Christmas dinner for everyone but didn't want to cancel the get together. She calls my wife the day after saying she tested positive for COVID.

Sure enough, over the past few days family members that were in attendance have been texting the group saying they felt horrible and were testing positive for COVID. We started feeling pretty bad Wednesday morning and all three of us popped positive for COVID today. Great way to spend the holidays.

Maybe we will go to Key West for Christmas next year. Who needs family.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

PUREBLOOD MASTER RACE CHECKING IN!

It's amazing that people are still testing for this shit. Bbaaaahhhh...
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Gather a large enough collection of humans and someone is going to be sick.

Its the human condition.

I'd rather get sick spending time with family than from a trip to the grocery store.

Stop putting stuff up your nose, it doesn't help anything to put stuff up your nose.  Everyday, I pick every single one of these fucking boogers out of my nose, then I wake up the next day...there they are again.

You all probably have the flu.  The tests can't tell the difference, our family found this out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
But did they die?

Hopefully not!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
My 6 year old has the flu after a Christmas dinner at my brother in laws. Their middle kid was running fever all day but brought her anyways because they didn’t want her to miss out on anything. They left in the middle of the GTG to take her to the doc and tested positive for the flu. They then brought her back to the house and sat her in the corner and told everyone to stay away from her.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it. Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?
View Quote

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Could be worse...

Food posioning or gastro bug and spending two days spewing from both ends.

Nephew got the whole family 4 ThxGvn's ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Why take a covid test?
What did you do different knowing it's covid?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
News at 11... People get sick from other people!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
View Quote

So he knows that he's sick and he made a thread to announce to the world he's sick.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Time for a trip to Tractor Supply!  
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why take a covid test?
View Quote
Lol, I asked that a month or 2 ago, and was dog-piled.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Horsepaste sammich spread for five days for y'all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#14]
In before the people that say they don't care about covid, that show up in every covid thread, post about how they don't care about covid.

Too late

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont-even-care-687.gif
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/amazing-gun-middle-finger-gif-351.gif

View Quote

Seriously. It's a fucking cold at this point, unless you are going to be around someone who is already near death, who cares.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In before the people that say they don't care about covid, that show up in every covid thread, post about how they don't care about covid.

Too late

View Quote
It needs to be met with resistance.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#18]

yeah it's kinda crazy

instead of lockdowns, vaccines, boosters, masks, etc

how about -- if you feel sick -- stay home ?

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#19]
IBTM
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:01:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't want to get sick before covid and I don't want to now either. The whole thing as polarized people both ways. Your MIL ia an asshole just like the mask nazi and the pure bloods. When you're sick stay away from people. I had three different people ask me to come help them with something that could have waited. When I got there all three just casually announced they had the flu.

People are assholes I miss my dog.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#21]
My in-laws have been spreading around that bacterial pneumonia that’s going around. I skipped family festivities and still got sick somehow even thought the wife and kids are fine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I love how covid turns people against one another. It's an infectious disease, it doesn't spread because people chose to spread it.

Welp, you’re wrong. A symptomatic person chose to expose their family to an infectious disease. That didn’t have to happen.

.Also, when are you going to stop testing for covid?  

Here’s a head scratcher for me. Why would they stop testing for it? Generally people and doctors want to know what the root cause of an illness is so they can treat them. Doctors try not to, you know, wild ass guess what’s wrong with people. People get tested for strep and other ailments. Why would Covid be different? Damn
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
why are yall still fucking testing for covid? what does knowing you have it get you? there's not otc meds a dr will rx u, so there's no reason to test for and diagnose it other than to just keep it alive.

You all still testing for no fucking reason are why it's still a thing
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#24]
We had several family members meet at a new Chinese buffet that opened up near by.  My cousin who is all about that vaccine life sends a text the next day saying she tested positive for Covid and we should be testing ourselves just in case.   My wife and I looked at each other and the pure blood master race smirk was recognized,  we both laughed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#25]
OP I just had one of my customers have covid and pneumonia at the same time and he got through it.

Oh by the way....HE'S 85.

If he can get through it I believe you'll be ok.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#26]
It is so sad, my family contracts the flu instead of COVID.  It doesn’t make as good of a story at Book Club.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm sorry you caught a cold. If your MIL can put her big girl pants on to make the whole family Christmas dinner, I'm sure you could pop a couple cold pills and go about your life.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It truly is bizarre. No one freaks out when someone has the cold, or the flu. People don't rush out to get tested, get pissed off when they get the flu or cold. But someone has the rabies and holy shit, "ZOMGWTFBBQ!! I HAVE TO QUARANTINE! I HAVE TO GET TESTED! I HAVE TO TELL ERRYBODY!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:03:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's common courtesy to not invite people over to get sick. Regardless of disease.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My 6 year old has the flu after a Christmas dinner at my brother in laws. Their middle kid was running fever all day but brought her anyways because they didn’t want her to miss out on anything. They left in the middle of the GTG to take her to the doc and tested positive for the flu. They then brought her back to the house and sat her in the corner and told everyone to stay away from her.
View Quote

That is common as shit

Seriously. People suck.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Could be worse...

View Quote

My first Thanksgiving with my wife's family (weren't even engaged at the time) about 15 people got the bug and destroyed toilets all weekend. I was the only one that didn't get it...until the drive home. Had to stop 3x between Conroe and downtown Houston.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:06:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

yeah it's kinda crazy

instead of lockdowns, vaccines, boosters, masks, etc

how abo7ut -- if you feel sick -- stay home ?

View Quote

This is really the main use I see for testing.  If someone won't just stay home when they feel sick, let them test so they can visually see that they don't just have the sniffles.  Covid or flu, stay home. People should be considerate enough to just stay home on their own, but whatever.  Otherwise, unless work makes you test and stay home if positive, I'm not the biggest fan of gratuitous testing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Lol at getting tested for a flu.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I didn't want to get sick before covid and I don't want to now either. The whole thing as polarized people both ways. Your MIL ia an asshole just like the mask nazi and the pure bloods. When you're sick stay away from people. I had three different people ask me to come help them with something that could have waited. When I got there all three just casually announced they had the flu.

People are assholes I miss my dog.
View Quote

Pretty much all I ask, if you know you are sick, just cancel the dinner and focus on getting better. We treat COVID like we treat the flu, when we have either we stay home and get better. We don't go around spreading either to those we supposedly care about.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Don’t forget your mask while you’re driving alone op
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI.

Why are people even buying into this still?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A symptomatic person chose to expose their family to an infectious disease. That didn’t have to happen.

View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I hope you all pull through.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Who gives a shit…be glad it wasn’t something more severe like a COLD
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:11:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The OP is a pretty good reason to test but ok.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Time for a trip to Tractor Supply!  
View Quote

No it’s ok, ivermectin is main stream now.  

I miss the days when I was a baddie for daring to research treatments for the Shanghai fevers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Too late

View Quote

You mean everyone?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I tested positive for the flu I wouldn’t go to a family dinner either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:12:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Generally it is considered poor etiquette to be around large groups of people in a social setting when you have a cold or flu.  Covid isn't exempt from this as well.  

Let me ask, would you want a restaurant worker that had the flu making your food?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Could be worse...

View Quote

Deviled Eggs, it is always the Deviled Eggs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#47]
So you all have a cold?

Sorry, that sucks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Maybe we will go to Key West for Christmas next year. Who needs family.
View Quote

Go cave diving instead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Had it again earlier this week. I was down bad for a couple days, my fever was up to 104 at one point. Still tired, but feeling better. My wife is a few days behind me and she’s sick as hell. Luckily the kids seem fine. This is just part of life now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Shut Everything Down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top