Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#1]
meh, i've taken a number of these over the years with all the same results: INTJ. even though people say it fits my personality, INTJs make up about 4% of the population so i doubt i'm that special. and it seems like we have more than  a few INTJs here as well, so either masterminds favor gun forums or the damn test is a joke. IMO its accuracy ranks just above palm reading and astrology...
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I took one of these stupid tests at work, corporate team building exercise.
I was telling my sister about it and I told her it was a giant piece of shit test.

She said that was a very ENTJ thing to say.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
INTJ 67 38 75 44
I'm an engineer and i agee with the accusation that I show Aspergers/autistic traits.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
INTJs: Most likely to brag about being INTJ or have self-diagnosed Aspergers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm an ISTJ, whatever that is. If it means that I consider most psychological profile tests to be useless bullshit, then it's probably pretty accurate.

Actually, it does.  lol

Means you're an introvert that prefers definitive, concrete, analytical answers and bitching when you don't get them.

I = Introvert
S = Preferring sensory input to intuition
T = Preferring analytical thought to emotional guidance
J = Preferring externalizing your conclusions to internalizing them

INTJ's and peripherally related types like ISTJ and INTP are very common in these threads.  Partly because those are the types drawn to the internet, partly because they're the type drawn specifically to anonymous message boards, partly because they're the type drawn to these threads in particular, partly because they have the patience to take a long test like that, and partly because they like bragging about the results (or criticizing them).

It's ridiculously dominant, like 95% of results in here will only vary from INTJ by one letter.

I'm more of an outlier, but I have my own reasons.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Personality thread:  Everyone claims to have asperger syndrome
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#7]
infj
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The internet is a curious place.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like something an Aspie would say.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like something an Aspie would say.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#11]
INTJ
65-75-50-78
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#14]
INTP

Rodin's Thinker is introverted. Here these thinkers ponder the apparent chaos of the world in order to extract from it the universal truths and principles that can be counted on. These principles, once extracted, will provide the logical structure on which to build strategies.

Introverted Thinking personality types have a finely nuanced ability to analyse situations, find root causes and foresee consequences. They distrust action taken too quickly without the necessary investigation. They are usually levelheaded, objective, impersonal yet intensely involved in problem solving. They are fiercely independent, seeking input and comments from a chosen few. When reporting to others, they need to establish credibility first: their own and that of the person they are reporting to. If the gap in knowledge and expertise is too great and their own proficiency dismissed, belittled or ignored, they will lose interest and motivation.

They are less interested in running the world as they are in understanding it. They are curious and capable of explaining complex political, economic or technological problems, taking great pleasure in explaining all the factors and intricacies. They are rigorous with their thoughts and analysis, choosing the exact words that convey precisely what is meant. They may spend a lot of time defining words, concepts and systems in order to define a problematic solution.

They are armchair detectives, scientists and philosophers, spending most of their time in quiet reflection to ponder truth, and solve mysteries. They may tend to neglect social requirements and responsibilities, finding many relationships to be too superficial to be of much interest.

Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Myers-Briggs is not a good personality test/measure.  Its accuracy and validity is somewhere between astrology and a fortune cookie.

I knew you would be in here sooner or later.

I'm drawn to threads about the M-B, and filled with righteous anger and professional indignation.  

Didn't like your results huh?
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#16]
INTJ: 100 38 50 67

[and I didn't even have to take the test tonight to find out; I already had it listed in a spreadsheet, along with many of my coworkers' rankings for M-B as well as some other personality tests we've taken; data, I like it.]
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:33:05 PM EDT
[#17]
INTJ

33 88 12 33  

whatever that means
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Myers-Briggs is not a good personality test/measure.  Its accuracy and validity is somewhere between astrology and a fortune cookie.

I knew you would be in here sooner or later.

I'm drawn to threads about the M-B, and filled with righteous anger and professional indignation.  

Didn't like your results huh?

Everybody likes their results.

I mean, the entire test is you picking what you think the right answer is.

It really says more about what any one person thinks is how they SHOULD be, then how they really are.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#19]
ESTP checking in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#20]
18 years ago I was an ISTJ.

Now, who knows. However, I think the Gallup one is much better.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#21]
The subtleties are in the sub-indexes. While I'm an INTJ my empathy component is way over on the opposite side from a normal INTJ. So even though I typically run roughshod over my co-workers, screaming, "Get the fuck out of the way you moron and let someone who knows how to fix this do it." I feel bad about the wasteland of crushed emotions I leave behind me. Really, I even tear up a bit sometimes while I'm telling a co-worker that my dog is more competent than they are.

Any woman who would volunteer to take the MB to allow you to date them will also give you wild, uninhibited, anything goes sex the instant you arrive to pick her up for the date. In other words, it ain't going to happen or its certainly not going to turn out well for you.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:28:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I always found boob size to be a better indication of longterm compatibility.

Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll give a girl the Sonny LoSpecchio test after three dates.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I've wasted time on this several times over the year.

pure metal Field Marshal, but you can call me ENTJ.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm an ISTP or ISTJ depending on which day I take the online test
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#26]
ENTJ here.

All these "I's" need to get outta momma's basement and get some sun.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
meh, i've taken a number of these over the years with all the same results: INTJ. even though people say it fits my personality, INTJs make up about 4% of the population so i doubt i'm that special. and it seems like we have more than  a few INTJs here as well, so either masterminds favor gun forums or the damn test is a joke. IMO its accuracy ranks just above palm reading and astrology...

Thank you.

M-B says the INTJ is one of the rarest types to encounter but everybody is an INTJ it seems.

Took the big long one once for some corporate job interview. Afterward they handed me a big folder with it opened to 'my' description. Having already taken it a few times before I didn't really care and started flipping through the book reading the other descriptions. I noticed two things. One, every 'type' was listed as 'rare, comprising 5% of the population or less'. The other thing was either the other descriptions fit me to a T or weren't even close, but it was pretty much down the middle. Half were me, half weren't.  I gave up on it then.

Plays on the part that everybody wants to be that special flower.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I took it myself.

INTJ

Mastermind.

Rational portrait of the mastermind.

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency –– any waste of human and material resources –– they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Famous INTJs

Isaac Newton
Stephen Hawking
Ben Bernanke
Lise Meitner
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Ulysses S. Grant
Ayn Rand
Bill Gates
Niels Bohr

For being so rare one would think that the whole damned internet was comprised of them.

MB is hocus pocus and is entirey based on a persons perception of themself.

Why would someone admit to themself that they suck?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top