Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So you wont be signing up when the time comes, providing your eligible?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have long held the belief they understate the actual inflation rate by a small amount and have been doing so since at least the 80's.  .3-.5 is easy enough for the numbers to look plausible, but over time it adds up.

Also, it is welfare for old people.
He will be.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

He will be.
View Quote
Of course he will, just like everyone else that is eligible. ( i know some RR workers and some other jobs dont have it taken out and wont be part of SS)
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Sure you would.
View Quote
I would opt out no questions asked. I paid six digits into it annually for years and could easily put that money to better use.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have long held the belief they understate the actual inflation rate by a small amount and have been doing so since at least the 80's.  .3-.5 is easy enough for the numbers to look plausible, but over time it adds up.

Also, it is welfare for old people.
Is that intended to refute his statement?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The SS trust fund isn't real. It's an accounting fiction, same as if I took my money and 'invested' it into bonds I issued myself, and used those bonds to buy hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I dont know the facts on inflation, but disagree its welfare for the old, they paid into it, i dont know why that fact is dismissed.

Someone never working a day in their life getting it and never paid into it, that is welfare.

Yes, i was robbed, they took my money to pay current participants, so fuck yea, the next group can pay me. Dont like it, dont particulate when the time comes, i plan to sign up first chance. If its not there when time comes, ive planned accordingly
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:28:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I dont know the facts on inflation, but disagree its welfare for the old, they paid into it, i dont know why that fact is dismissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Nobody paid into anything. There is nothing to pay into. It isn't a bank account, nor a retirement plan. Taxes are collected, and revenues are used to make payments to beneficiaries.

Quoted:
Yes, i was robbed, they took my money to pay current participants, so fuck yea, the next group can pay me. Dont like it, dont particulate when the time comes, i plan to sign up first chance
You even admit it yourself here. Nothing was paid into - your money was taken, as taxes, and then paid out to others. You now want to take from yet others, as some form of reparations.

Do you believe it morally permissible to steal from others just because somebody unrelated previously stole from you in all cases, or does this one specifically get a special pass for some reason?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Someone never working a day in their life getting it and never paid into it, that is welfare.

Yes, i was robbed, they took my money to pay current participants, so fuck yea, the next group can pay me. Dont like it, dont particulate when the time comes, i plan to sign up first chance. If its not there when time comes, ive planned accordingly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you understand that there it was a tax that paid the current beneficiaries but still think you “paid into it”?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nobody paid into anything. There is nothing to pay into. It isn't a bank account, nor a retirement plan. Taxes are collected, and revenues are used to make payments to beneficiaries.

You even admit it yourself here. Nothing was paid into - your money was taken, as taxes, and then paid out to others. You now want to take from yet others, as some form of reparations.

Do you believe it morally permissible to steal from others just because somebody unrelated previously stole from you in all cases, or does this one specifically get a special pass for some reason?
View Quote
Ask the current crop if they feel any “morals” about taking SS, i  bet 100% will say they dont feel a thing. No one is goin to say, “oh those poor ppl working so i can get SS, ill spare them and not participate” lol never gonna happen

So, if your eligible, your going to forego signing up for SS ?

they took a part of my pay called SOCIAL SECURITY TAX. They tax me, take that money and do what they do with it and pay current participant , how is that not paying into the system?. I didn’t choose to participate but certainly gonna sign up first chance, no moral dilemmas there.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#10]
SSI isn't Social Security.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ask the current crop if they feel any “morals” about taking SS, i  bet 100% will say they dont feel a thing.

they took a part of my pay called SOCIAL SECURITY TAX. They tax me, take that money and do what they do with it and pay current participant , how is that not paying into the system?. I didn’t choose to participate but certainly gonna sign up first chance, more moral dilemmas there.
View Quote
When they're of age, every single swinging dick in here will sign up for any available social security benefit available to them as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
SS disability is a whole’nother animal. Many ppl do treat that as welfare as they never worked and just collect , some may be legit but many arent
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Get rid of B, C and D classes of social security beneficiaries and also get rid of SSI for anyone under 65.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, if your eligible, your going to forego signing up for SS ?
View Quote
As I already answered earlier, there is no way I will ever accept SS.

I understand that I am in the vast minority, but that is the truth. (As another exception to a commonly stated "universal truth" regarding taxes, I am one of the few that actually pays their use tax every year, albeit using an approximation.)
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#15]
So you have SS taken out of your check ? Would you be eligible?

Why wouldnt you sign up? I dont know all the disqualifying factors, maybe you got millions and arent eligible.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So you understand that there it was a tax that paid the current beneficiaries but still think you “paid into it”?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Purely semantics.  It's irrelevant.

I pay my insurance premium.  If my house burns down, I expect my insurance company to pay to rebuild it.  I don't really care whether they fund my house rebuild with "savings" from the dollars I have "paid in" or from dollars they are currently earning from other customers' premium payments.

The obligation for them to rebuild my house is the same.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sure you would.
View Quote
I'd opt out of it in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yes.

Quoted:
Why wouldnt you sign up? I dont know all the disqualifying factors, maybe you got millions and arent eligible.
Because stealing is immoral. Just because somebody stole from me does not make it right for me to steal from somebody else.

SS, being a Ponzi scheme (though compulsory and "transparent", so it's not LUL), is effectively stealing from current taxpayers in order to redistribute their wealth to the current beneficiaries.

I believe this practice is immoral and will have no part in perpetuating it by becoming a beneficiary.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes.

Because stealing is immoral. Just because somebody stole from me does not make it right for me to steal from somebody else.

SS, being a Ponzi scheme (though compulsory and "transparent", so it's not LUL), is effectively stealing from current taxpayers in order to redistribute their wealth to the current beneficiaries.

I believe this practice is immoral and will have no part in perpetuating it by becoming a beneficiary.
View Quote
Fair enough.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I actually believe that people want out.
Unfortunately for them - they are never going to get out.....
View Quote
Hotel California...?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Where's the part about the government selling bonds (IOUs) to the SS fund so the government can spend that SS money on anything else? Essentially another way for the government to borrow more money against itself that it then has to pay interest on.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
SS disability is a whole’nother animal. Many ppl do treat that as welfare as they never worked and just collect , some may be legit but many arent
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not only for the disabled, it's paid to "poor" old people and others who have never paid any FICA.

The government states it's funded by "general tax revenue" rather than social security payments deducted from paychecks.

"Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes):

?It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and

? It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter."

https://www.ssa.gov/ssi/
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I pay my insurance premium.  If my house burns down, I expect my insurance company to pay to rebuild it.  I don't really care whether they fund my house rebuild with "savings" from the dollars I have "paid in" or from dollars they are currently earning from other customers' premium payments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The obligation for your insurance company to pay is contractual.  In 1960 the Supreme Court in Flemming v. Nestor ruled that you have no contractual relationship with the government for Social Security.

Your argument is invalid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Way to avoid the question
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably won't have to even make that decision.
Way to avoid the question
It's a stupid question. If I say no, you will say I toldya so. If I say yes, you'll dismiss it as internet chest beating. I won't swing purses with you no matter how much you want my Louis Vuitton.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm 47, same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am 42 and have been working and paying in since I was 15. I would gladly forfeit any benefits I might get if they would just let me quit paying anything more going forward.
I'm 47, same.
Me too...they can keep what I put in already if I can opt out right now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The obligation for your insurance company to pay is contractual.  In 1960 the Supreme Court in Flemming v. Nestor ruled that you have no contractual relationship with the government for Social Security.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

I would hate to hear your opinion on the validity of the NFA....  because muh Supreme Court rulings.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Lol, no

I would hate to hear your opinion on the validity of the NFA....  because muh Supreme Court rulings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

The NFA is currently law and valid as much as I personally disagree with it.  The fact that Social Security was found constitutional in the first place is abhorrent to me, yet I accept it the same as the tides.

In short your argument is that you disbelieve the factual evidence that doesn't suit your position.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The NFA is currently law and valid as much as I personally disagree with it.  The fact that Social Security was found constitutional in the first place is abhorrent to me, yet I accept it the same as the tides.

In short your argument is that you disbelieve the factual evidence that doesn't suit your position.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

You are confused.  I don't disbelieve that the Supreme Court has ruled that there is no contractual relationship (i.e. the factual evidence).  Nor do I disbelieve that the Supreme Court has upheld the NFA.

I reject that the Supreme Court is correct in their rulings.  This is a matter of opinion, not fact.  Your opinion may differ.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#29]
If I could opt out and NOT get a cent paid in I would.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You are confused.  I don't disbelieve that the Supreme Court has ruled that there is no contractual relationship (i.e. the factual evidence).  Nor do I disbelieve that the Supreme Court has upheld the NFA.

I reject that the Supreme Court is correct.  This is a matter of opinion, not fact.  Your opinion may differ.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

I reject that the Supreme Court is correct.  This is a matter of opinion, not fact.  Your opinion may differ.  
Can you please post the text of your contract with the Social Security Administration?

As for whether you disagree with the Supreme Court or not is irrelevant.  Just as I don't believe the NFA is constitutional, it's irreverent.  The legal fact is that you have no contractual relationship with regard to Social Security.  Your feeling is that you do.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:34:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, these are entirely different systems. SS is not a form of insurance.

Insurance works like this:

You agree to pay $X to somebody on the condition that if (bad thing) happens, they will provide restitution of an agreed upon amount.
They, meanwhile, are betting on it being the case that (bad thing) happens with a calculated, low frequency. A frequency such that, when having received $X from Y people, the total amount to be paid will be, on average, less than $X*Y for the period of the premium. Because they are in it to make money. Note that no payouts are guaranteed - if (bad thing) never happens to anybody who is paying the premiums, then the insurance doesn't pay anybody and keeps all of the premiums. Also note that payouts need not occur in the same timeframe of premium collection - that is, they may need to accumulate many premiums, not just from many people, but across multiple periods of time, in order to pay out just one claim. Again, they are betting that their statistical calculations are correct, and that (bad thing) indeed occurs at a rate that requires them to pay claims out at a rate of less than $X*Y per time period.

Contrast that with SS:

Taxes are collected and immediately used to make payments to the beneficiaries. Payouts are guaranteed to be made - there is no unlikely (bad thing) that has to occur, people automatically become eligible simply by virtue of existing and having previously paid taxes. It is basic redistribution of wealth, plain and simple. Take from those that are currently working, and give to those that are no longer working. In no way does that resemble insurance. Nobody is hedging their bets one way or another, which is really what insurance is all about (you have decided the cost is better than taking the risk of , and the insurance company is betting that (bad thing) doesn't happen very often).
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My favorite is: It's my money!

Flemming v. Nestor
View Quote
This, in spades. 1960 Supreme Court Case, proves it is a TAX and you aren't entitled to a single red cent you paid in, period. Amazing how many people argue this point when it was settled before I was born.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This, in spades. 1960 Supreme Court Case, proves it is a TAX and you aren't entitled to a single red cent you paid in, period. Amazing how many people argue this point when it was settled before I was born.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My favorite is: It's my money!

Flemming v. Nestor
But they get a letter from the Social Security Administration and everything.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Old people need to die
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can you please post the text of your contract with the Social Security Administration?

As for whether you disagree with the Supreme Court or not is irrelevant.  Just as I don't believe the NFA is constitutional, it's irreverent.  The legal fact is that you have no contractual relationship with regard to Social Security.  Your feeling is that you do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

Can you point me to the text where I claim to have a legal contract with the Social Security Administration.  My insurance example wasn't to illustrate contractual law, but rather the irrelevance of where the payments came from.  I could have illustrated this same concept numerous other ways.

I'll reiterate, it is irrelevant that the Social Security Administration doesn't put your contribution in a savings account to later be returned with interest and instead pays out of current contributions.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You agree to pay $X to somebody on the condition that if (bad thing) happens, they will provide restitution of an agreed upon amount.
They, meanwhile, are betting on it being the case that (bad thing) happens with a calculated, low frequency. A frequency such that, when having received $X from Y people, the total amount to be paid will be, on average, less than $X*Y for the period of the premium. Because they are in it to make money. Note that no payouts are guaranteed - if (bad thing) never happens to anybody who is paying the premiums, then the insurance doesn't pay anybody and keeps all of the premiums. Also note that payouts need not occur in the same timeframe of premium collection - that is, they may need to accumulate many premiums, not just from many people, but across multiple periods of time, in order to pay out just one claim. Again, they are betting that their statistical calculations are correct, and that (bad thing) indeed occurs at a rate that requires them to pay claims out at a rate of less than $X*Y per time period.

Contrast that with SS:

Taxes are collected and immediately used to make payments to the beneficiaries. Payouts are guaranteed to be made - there is no unlikely (bad thing) that has to occur, people automatically become eligible simply by virtue of existing and having previously paid taxes. It is basic redistribution of wealth, plain and simple. Take from those that are currently working, and give to those that are no longer working. In no way does that resemble insurance. Nobody is hedging their bets one way or another, which is really what insurance is all about (you have decided the cost is better than taking the risk of , and the insurance company is betting that (bad thing) doesn't happen very often).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Contrast that with SS:

Use another example if you wish.  The source of the payments is irrelevant.

Edit:  I'm not a big fan of Social Security, but it at least loosely ties benefits to contributions (note the word loosely).  Most programs of this nature mean that tax payers foot the bill and that those who receive benefits pay in nothing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can you point me to the text where I claim to have a legal contract with the Social Security Administration.  My insurance example wasn't to illustrate contractual law, but rather the irrelevance of where the payments came from.  I could have illustrated this same concept numerous other ways.

I'll reiterate, it is irrelevant that the Social Security Administration doesn't put your contribution in a savings account to later be returned with interest and instead pays out of current contributions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

So what did you "pay into" then?  A tax?  Do you say that you "paid into" foreign aid to Guatemala or does the phrase only get used with this not an insurance, not a contract relationship, just an intergenerational welfare program?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sure you would.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not reading all that.

All I know is that if there was a box where I could opt out of it and get back everything I've put in so far I'd check it in an instant.
Sure you would.
Are you fucking serious?

I'd goddamned forfeit everything I have put in to far if I got to opt out now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So what did you "pay into" then?  A tax?  Do you say that you "paid into" foreign aid to Guatemala or does the phrase only get used with this not an insurance, not a contract relationship, just an intergenerational welfare program?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

As I said, the word "pay into" is semantics.

Here, I'll quote myself: "Purely semantics.  It's irrelevant."  It's also in the thread above.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Here, I'll quote myself: "Purely semantics.  It's irrelevant."  It's also in the thread above.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, no

I'm just having a hell of a time understanding what your position to support it continuing is then.  Because you hand wave everything under the guise of semantics when they don't fit your assertions.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm just having a hell of a time understanding what your position to support it continuing is then.  Because you hand wave everything under the guise of semantics when they don't fit your assertions.
View Quote
Happy to explain further.

I could colloquially say "I've paid into social security, so I expect to receive it when I retire"

OR

I could say "With the understanding that I will one day in turn receive social security retirement benefits, I have contributed a portion of my salary to fund the prior generations' social security retirement benefits".

The difference is semantics.  The difference does not provide a basis for discontinuing social security.

A separate question is "what [my] position to support it continuing it", which you have asked above.

It is not a perfect system and could certainly stand to be improved.  But it loosely attempts to match payments with contributions (note the word "loosely").  Most programs of this nature allow a person to contribute nothing to the system, and yet still receive benefits.  They are in effect free riders.  The current system, flawed that it is, ensures that there is not complete free ridership by making contributions mandatory.

As I stated before, we will never be a society that does not provide some measure of support for its elderly.  I've visited countries like that; it's not pretty.  So, that leaves us with a choice:

1) a program like social security, that requires some level of contribution, to decrease free ridership; or
2) a program like "the dole", that does not require contribution, and yet we (being taxpayers) still fund.

Out of those two choices, I opt for one that at least loosely ties contribution to benefit.  I'm happy for it to be an improved system and not social security.  I'm unhappy to end it completely and still end up supporting people.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I could colloquially say "I've paid into social security, so I expect to receive it when I retire"

OR

I could say "With the understanding that I will one day in turn receive social security retirement benefits, I have contributed a portion of my salary to fund the prior generations' social security retirement benefits".

The difference is semantics.  The difference does not provide a basis for discontinuing social security.

A separate question is "what [my] position to support it continuing it", which you have asked above.

It is not a perfect system and could certainly stand to be improved.  But it loosely attempts to match payments with contributions (note the word "loosely").  Most programs of this nature allow a person to contribute nothing to the system, and yet still receive benefits.  They are in effect free riders.  The current system, flawed that it is, ensures that there is not complete free ridership by making contributions mandatory.

As I stated before, we will never be a society that does not provide some measure of support for its elderly.  I've visited countries like that; it's not pretty.  So, that leaves us with a choice:

1) a program like social security, that requires some level of contribution, to decrease free ridership; or
2) a program like "the dole", that does not require contribution, and yet we (being taxpayers) still fund.

Out of those two choices, I opt for one that at least loosely ties contribution to benefit.  I'm happy for it to be an improved system and not social security.  I'm unhappy to end it completely and still end up supporting people.  
View Quote
If your stated goal is "To take care of the elderly" then why tie it to previous contributions?  That doesn't seem logical.

Why are you okay with some elderly people dying on the streets but not all?  (Or, you know family or faith groups taking care of them)
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If your stated goal is "To take care of the elderly" then why tie it to previous contributions?  That doesn't seem logical.

Why are you okay with some elderly people dying on the streets but not all?  (Or, you know family or faith groups taking care of them)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

My goal is to take care of the elderly while minimizing free ridership.  Social security does this by requiring contributions (it is effectively a "pay it forward" model).

What makes you think I am ok with some elderly people dying in the streets?  No one dies in the streets in America.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My goal is to take care of the elderly while minimizing free ridership.  Social security does this by requiring contributions (it is effectively a "pay it forward" model).

What makes you think I am ok with some elderly people dying in the streets?  No one dies in the streets in America.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

Even those not eligable for Social Security don't die on the streets?

ETA:  And I made the logical leap since you are down with SS as the safety net, but it doesn't apply to everyone.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA:  And I made the logical leap since you are down with SS as the safety net, but it doesn't apply to everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

Those not eligible for Social Security (and in poverty) typically receive other forms of welfare.  They don't often die in the streets (in America).

They cost taxpayers more on a net basis than those who contribute to social security do.

For simplicity, imagine:

Benefits received
-contributions paid in
= Net cost to taxpayers

Social security payments are "funded" by future beneficiaries, unlike other welfare systems where the beneficiaries pay nothing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, i was robbed, they took my money to pay current participants, so fuck yea, the next group can pay me. Dont like it, dont particulate when the time comes, i plan to sign up first chance

Odd I have an account number and can even log in to my account.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Those not eligible for Social Security (and in poverty) typically receive other forms of welfare.  They don't often die in the streets (in America).

They cost taxpayers more on a net basis than those who contribute to social security do.

For simplicity, imagine:

Benefits received
-contributions paid in
= Net cost to taxpayers

Social security payments are "funded" by future beneficiaries, unlike other welfare systems where the beneficiaries pay nothing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

For simplicity, imagine:

Benefits received
-contributions paid in
= Net cost to taxpayers

Who the fuck cares if they are "funded" by future folks stuck in the cycle?

All that (and the fake account information bullshit) does is saddle us with the "fuck you, pay me" mentality that exists.

It's all just taxes that go in and welfare that goes out.  The rest is just advertising.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

All that (and the fake account information bullshit) does is saddle us with the "fuck you, pay me" mentality that exists.

It's all just taxes that go in and welfare that goes out.  The rest is just advertising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OR

For simplicity, imagine:

Benefits received
-contributions paid in
= Net cost to taxpayers

From a purely practical standpoint, you should care because it costs you less as a taxpayer.

The delta between what you fund and eventually receive is smaller than the cost of funding welfare payments sans the existence of a SS-like system.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top