Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/4/2023 4:12:54 PM EDT
I think it's happening.

NASA holds top secret conferences to discuss what the space agency should do if its $10B James Webb telescope finds ALIENS, scientist reveals

A NASA scientist has revealed the space agency has discussed what they should do if the James Webb telescope finds evidence of aliens. Dr Michelle Thaller, NASA's assistant director of science communication, said they were open to the possibility the powerful telescope may discover new forms of life. 'We actually work with SETI - the search for extraterrestrial intelligence,' said Thaller. 'There are extra scientists that are searching the sky for signs of alien civilizations.

'We've had conferences about what happens if the James Webb Space Telescope observes an atmosphere of a planet around another star and we see things that don't look natural.' She said suspicious signs could be pollution coming from a planet, and said that she felt it was only a matter of time before alien life was detected - perhaps microbial life on Venus, Mars, or Saturn's largest moon, Titan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12477453/nasa-james-webb-telescope-alien-life.html

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
so when do we get to fight the aliens and will maggie be there?

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Kill all they send
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#3]
"Uh, attention citizens... they are coming and will and soon across our planet. We are powerless to stop them. We at NASA wish you to remain calm, form orderly lines for anal probing, lube will be released from FEMA stockpiles, that is all. Good night, and pepper your angus."
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
They need to justify the money and how to get more of it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Government distraction from all the egregious acts of government.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Ancient Chinese Secret, huh?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Just tell Gen X. I don't think its going to change our lives much.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#8]
"If."

It's a mighty big word.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
They also hold meetings on how to handle world ending asteroid strikes even though like aliens, there is no chance of an asteroid strike happening any time soon.

It's just wishful thinking and wastefulness on their part. Nasa is amazingly good as wasting money on stuff that does not matter and has no value to any one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
They are already avoiding the poles of Mars because that is the most likely place for life. Don't want to risk contaminating it with Earth life.
So it seems like they have a plan.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
how is it top secret if the Daily Mail is reporting on it?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Send the Marines.. breed the crunchy fuckers out of existence
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kill all they send
View Quote

Eventually they'll stop sending?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
We were talking about this last night. I don't see it ending well.

If they are a hostile race that has the ability for deep space travel... we're fucked.

If they are an advanced, decent race, they'll likely see what a shitshow we are and likely an eventual danger, so... again we're fucked.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#16]
If the 4chan "leaker" was to be believed, they should spin that sucker around if they want to find aliens.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
And who’s never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They are already avoiding the poles of Mars because that is the most likely place for life. Don't want to risk contaminating it with Earth life.
So it seems like they have a plan.
View Quote

Could you imagine having to hear about "diversity, equity, and inclusion" problems on ANOTHER FUCKING PLANET WE HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING ON? And we will be expected to care.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#19]
If the meetings are so top secret how come we are hearing they are having them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#20]

As it turns out aliens do have weed, ask any border town and see.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

The tabloid headline is the only place claiming the meetings were Top Secret.  Probably not a bad thing to plan for.  Imagine if aliens arrive and they are atheists or followers of Islam.  The world (and GD) would go nuts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#22]
If they really want to find aliens just look for day labor at the Home depot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:42:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure they'll just decide to do what they always do. Lie.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
"Uh, attention citizens... they are coming and will and soon across our planet. We are powerless to stop them. We at NASA wish you to remain calm, form orderly lines for anal probing, lube will be released from FEMA stockpiles, that is all. Good night, and pepper your angus."
View Quote

You mean it’s going to be free? That always costs extra.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:47:14 PM EDT
[#25]
There's already written and established DoD policies on that subject.

Poor NASA might find themselves in disagreement with a young sergeant from Iowa driving an M1A1 tank someday.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
they're already south of the border, why do they need a telescope for that?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Government distraction from all the egregious acts of government.
View Quote

I think so.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

My DoD agency had zero to do with combat.

Every year when we would have a World Wide assembly there was an on-going joke it was to plan the invasion of Mexico. It was a joke based on the directors LOVE for fresh Mexican food he would get in Los Angeles while visiting from DC. The joke went on for years and years. It got put into the official agenda a couple of times, there was even a slide up on the screen between meetings with the DMA's Planning for the Invasion of Mexico (Codename: Taco Tuesday).
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Space aliens 100% exist, how’s this even controversial? Math proves they exist, I don’t need the government to tell me. It’s like being a tribe on a remote is
And who’s never seen anyone else assuming they are the only people .
View Quote

No it doesn't, unless you make several as yet unsupported assumptions.

There's no reason to make any of those assumptions with a sample size of one solar system with one planet with any detectable life.

Find life on Mars or Venus or one of Jupiter's or Saturn's moons (or even in the atmosphere of one of the gas giants for that matter) and I'll grant you that there's a good reason to think life exists elsewhere.  At least in some form.

But even then, what kind of life?  Remember... most of the history of life on earth is microbial.   Its possible that life is abundant throughout the universe but the conditions for anything more complicated than microbes are rarer than hens teeth.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#31]
How is it even possible that the webb telescope could even remotely have the technological capability of seeing alien life? This isn't a Nikon camera watching your mom through the bedroom windows. With her hefty supple breasts and bodacious body...

Errm.. I'll be in my bunk looking for lifeforms.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#32]
The meetings aren't secret at all.

The assistant science communications director announced them to a media outlet on the internet.

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:11:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I do this in the name of barfcom, for all humanity

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#34]
We can ill afford another Klendathu!
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
so when do we get to fight the aliens and will maggie be there?

https://americanprofile.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/sarah-sanguine-carter-2013.jpg
View Quote

Who is she?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:13:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m sure the government isn’t lying this time
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Now we can send them and the Pentagon trillions more to defend us from them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Must not be too secret.

Why don’t they just ask the government?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Talk with butt cheeks like Ace Ventura
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Alien life certainly exists.   Distance is the problem.

18Z50
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Discovering it is no problem.
Finding it on earth would be.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
We can ill afford another Klendathu!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#45]
This shit is nothing more than a distraction. Hell, unfortunately NASA is barely even relevant anymore due to cuts.

Odd how this shit always comes out when a new revelation or event happens around the governing class or the DOJ...

DoJ rejects congressional sunpoena? "ALIENS! LOOK ALIENS!!"

I'm over this shit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Bullshit.

This is just another distraction from some Joe Briben or Hunter Briben scandal.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#47]
they already in anartica
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think it's happening.

NASA holds top secret conferences to discuss what the space agency should do if its $10B James Webb telescope finds ALIENS, scientist reveals

A NASA scientist has revealed the space agency has discussed what they should do if the James Webb telescope finds evidence of aliens. Dr Michelle Thaller, NASA's assistant director of science communication, said they were open to the possibility the powerful telescope may discover new forms of life. 'We actually work with SETI - the search for extraterrestrial intelligence,' said Thaller. 'There are extra scientists that are searching the sky for signs of alien civilizations.

'We've had conferences about what happens if the James Webb Space Telescope observes an atmosphere of a planet around another star and we see things that don't look natural.' She said suspicious signs could be pollution coming from a planet, and said that she felt it was only a matter of time before alien life was detected - perhaps microbial life on Venus, Mars, or Saturn's largest moon, Titan.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12477453/nasa-james-webb-telescope-alien-life.html

View Quote
They wont tell a soul.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Bullshit.

This is just another distraction from some Joe Briben or Hunter Briben scandal.
View Quote
Oh ffs.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Send the Marines.. breed the crunchy fuckers out of existence
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top