Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Bad call by the refs and HORRIBLE DUMBASS rebounding by Smith.

How can you NOT know the score and time left on the clock in a NBA finals game!!??
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Click on the date on this tweet to watch this retard trying to mock LeBron

View Quote
But it was ok for CP3 to mock Curry.

Cherry picking facts like the rest at the DU.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
6 pages on ARF????

I am proud of OP and posters

The game of basketball is physical poetry

51 points and the Warriors won

In spite of the King

This is history being made, whether you love or hate him

Arguing all night about who is the GOAT

It’s an argument if I win or lose I am still happy
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Arfcom likes to rant about special snowflakes...

But can’t handle smack talk in sports.
View Quote
Part of the game, I will talk about your mother, your sister, you dog, I will push you into the fence, I will question your manhood in front of your gf, mostly I will tell you that you or no one on your team cant defend me. I actually thought growing up my middle name was “you ain’t shit”

Anything goes on the court, but after the game it’s a handshake, a hug, and now with some alpha females playing a kiss on the cheek
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I play with guys that have to light up a spliff or they don’t play well, I know JR is one of them
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Lebron's foot was moving, that is a foul on him all day long.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I fucking hate golden state. That reversing the charge call was bullshit. NBA is rigged.
Lebron's foot was moving, that is a foul on him all day long.  
Good one

ROFL
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Only Lebron could have a game like this and lose on some bullshit by the refs and his teammates.

Wow
View Quote
The guy gets help from the refs every game he plays. If you’re anywhere near him when he goes to the basket the refs send him to the line. How many points does he get from bullshit free throws every game? A lot
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s like some of you didn’t watch the same game last night. Absolutely delusional.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:14:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The guy gets help from the refs every game he plays. If you’re anywhere near him when he goes to the basket the refs send him to the line. How many points does he get from bullshit free throws every game? A lot
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only Lebron could have a game like this and lose on some bullshit by the refs and his teammates.

Wow
Somebody didn't watch the game.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Its sad the better team didn't win last night. Nba is so rigged no wonder nobody like it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its sad the better team didn't win last night. Nba is so rigged no wonder nobody like it.
View Quote
The Cavs aren’t the better team. Lol
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the real Atlas Shrugged

Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow
I did not agree on the call with 30 seconds left. Was Lebron in the restricted zone, he clearly was not. Did they reverse the decision? Yep
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correct.
They have the best player and that’s it.
If Kyrie wasn’t run out of town, they win last night.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I did not agree on the call with 30 seconds left. Was Lebron in the restricted zone, he clearly was not. Did they reverse the decision? Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow
This morning on the radio they said because there was another player with LeBron, the refs saw a foot on the restricted line.
Because of this, they took a look at the play and called it a block...

No dog in the fight and I think it was the right call....a block.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow
I did. LeBron leaned in to initiate contact (he was also in motion, but that’s a 50/50 call these days). Blocking foul. Not a charge.

JR Smith not calling time out or taking it to the rack? LOL... classic. Cleveland gotta Cleveland.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It’s like some of you didn’t watch the same game last night. Absolutely delusional.
View Quote
If you wanna see something really funny, in the Jordan thread there are guys who have never watched lebron play and yet they're absolutely sure that Jordan was better
They then go on to use arguments that are just patently false and the opposite is true.

People wanna say Phil Jackson isn't that good, but he has rings,  Which is the Jordan argument, therefore....
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you wanna see something really funny, in the Jordan thread there are guys who have never watched lebron play and yet they're absolutely sure that Jordan was better
They then go on to use arguments that are just patently false and the opposite is true.

People wanna say Phil Jackson isn't that good, but he has rings,  Which is the Jordan argument, therefore....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jordan was incredible and the guy I’d want in the final play but Lebron absolutely carries his teams like nobody has ever done before.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#19]
LeBron charged.
George Hill choked.
JR is a moron.
Tristan Thompson is a punk.
Draymond is a clown.

And also, despite scoring 51 points, LeBron didn't close out. He hit 13 of his first 16 shots for 36 points through the first 2.5 quarters. Then went 6-16 for 15 points down the stretch. And why the hell was he passing it to George Hill at the end of the game anyway? Take it to the basket.

He had a great game, but even he can't will such a sorry ass team to victory.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:27:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jordan was incredible and the guy I’d want in the final play but Lebron absolutely carries his teams like nobody has ever done before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the above is true.
It's so hard to compare because they are different eras.
Here's a fun one, would 6'8 freight train Lebron James have been better during Jordan's era, and would Jordan who is a lights out shooter have been better during this 3 ball era?
And what would this translate to in the current day with more homogenized talent.
Would lebron benefit from having a Hall of fame coach who can control him? Would Jordan be able to succeed to the same exact degree without one, in a league with GSW 73 win team adding an MVP?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:29:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
1. Cavs aren’t the “better team”, though they have the best individual player. Even if the Cavs didn’t choke, it’s a 7 game series- the better team always wins.
2. NBA fan base is growing not shrinking
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s hard to juggle the continuous stream of (occasionally contradictory) excuses to justify the old guy being better than the new guy (ironically, the same kind of thing that we saw when MJ was the new guy, vs Magic/Bird/DrJ/Walton).
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here's a fun one, would 6'8 freight train Lebron James have been better during Jordan's era, and would Jordan who is a lights out shooter have been better during this 3 ball era?
And what would this translate to in the current day with more homogenized talent.
Would lebron benefit from having a Hall of fame coach who can control him? Would Jordan be able to succeed to the same exact degree without one, in a league with GSW 73 win team adding an MVP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’ll never know but if I was building an all time team they’d both be on it. I’d likely rather hang out with Jordan than Lebron but I’ll never meet either.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
6 pages on ARF????

I am proud of OP and posters

The game of basketball is physical poetry

51 points and the Warriors won

In spite of the King

This is history being made, whether you love or hate him

Arguing all night about who is the GOAT

It’s an argument if I win or lose I am still happy
View Quote
It’s been a great era if you’re old !
Gretzky
Jordan
Pick Ten baseball players steroids or knot
Walter Payton, Tom Brady, the GB Packers of the 60s, the list goes on.

I’ve been fortunate and old enough to see all my teams win championships:
NY Knicks
NY Mets
NY Gints
NY Rangers

Don’t get me going on the incredible soccer players we have seen.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll try to stay out of the referee talk

My take: Clarkson was playing like garbage and got too many minutes
Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA.
Would still like hood to see some playing time

Game 2 on Sunday. Cavs will either come out hungry after getting screwed or come with spirits totally defeated and this series is over
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'll try to stay out of the referee talk

My take: Clarkson was playing like garbage and got too many minutes
Lebron is clearly the best player in the NBA.
Would still like hood to see some playing time

Game 2 on Sunday. Cavs will either come out hungry after getting screwed or come with spirits totally defeated and this series is over
View Quote
No kid gloves, the rest of the Cavs are really feeling slighted. The King does not even words, the rest of the team has to look inwards and reflect on the game. Every body has to look in the mirror
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The game was way more physical in Jordan’s day with better rim protectors; due to the style of today’s game, with the floor spread by better perimeter shooting, and the refs more aggressive to calling fouls, Lebron gets an advantage in getting to the rim and getting to the line. Lebron wouldn’t have been nearly as good in Jordan’s era, even though there is arguably more talent now in the current league. It is just a different kind of talent. Today’s league doesn’t center around guarding the paint, or getting to the paint.

If Jordan had played in today’s league, with Curry and Thompson able to spread the floor for him, his stats would have been untouchable. We would be saying, “Lebron who? Better than Jordan? Bwahahaha.”
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I wouldn't blame him
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23673501/tristan-thompson-cleveland-cavaliers-fined-25000-flagrant-reduced

Can anyone explain why Tristan Thompson isn't suspended for one game? His foul was downgraded to a Flagrant 1. I was slightly surprised by Kevin Love getting off the hook but I'm absolutely shocked that Thompson isn't being suspended for one game.

This is kind of why I'm growing tired of the NBA. Just so many wishy-washy inconsistent rulings that are more about "let's base all of our rulings on how we can make the most money."

Part of me feels like it's more NBA meddling to make sure the Cavs don't get humiliated.

I just imagine if Draymond shoved a ball in Lebron's face, Draymond would instantly be suspended and it wouldn't be up for debate. So tired of this bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23673501/tristan-thompson-cleveland-cavaliers-fined-25000-flagrant-reduced

Can anyone explain why Tristan Thompson isn't suspended for one game? His foul was downgraded to a Flagrant 1. I was slightly surprised by Kevin Love getting off the hook but I'm absolutely shocked that Thompson isn't being suspended for one game.

This is kind of why I'm growing tired of the NBA. Just so many wishy-washy inconsistent rulings that are more about "let's base all of our rulings on how we can make the most money."

Part of me feels like it's more NBA meddling to make sure the Cavs don't get humiliated.

I just imagine if Draymond shoved a ball in Lebron's face, Draymond would instantly be suspended and it wouldn't be up for debate. So tired of this bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did Tristan even hit him in the face like the ref thought? I don't believe he did and that's why it was downgraded.

"From the angle that I had on the floor, as he is coming toward [Livingston], his elbow is up high and it appears he hits him in the head when he is coming toward him," Brothers said. "So that's why I called the foul and ejected him."
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778934-referees-explain-lebron-james-charge-reversal-tristan-thompson-flagrant

Vid of foul
https://streamable.com/zoe9p
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#32]
LeMartyr
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:29:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow
lebron's game leads to him getting foul calls when he charges to the rim. honeslty, with how big and strong he is, he should get more free throws b/c a lot of fouls don't get called on him.

Ty Lue said it best on why the reversed call was bullshit. the review is supposed to be for finding out if someone is in the restricted zone or not. lebron was clearly out of the restricted zone, so the replay shouldn't have happened. and the rule isn't to reverse a call like that. seems like the board is split on whether it was a charge or a defensive foul.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 3:38:49 AM EDT
[#34]
LeBronze
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
The NBA did the right thing by down grading Thompson’s foul. He didn’t make contact up high like they thought on the court.
Therefore, it was only a flagrant one and wouldn’t be ejected. Thompson said he didn’t know he had been ejected, that’s why he didn’t leave and the altercation started.

The complaint should be since he was ejected on the call ,the altercation should never had happened if he had left immediately.  Not knowing shouldn’t be a defense, as we all know.

Yes, KL was on the court but he showed no intent. He was just standing there and never made a move to show he wanted to get involved.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Bad call by the refs and HORRIBLE DUMBASS rebounding by Smith.

How can you NOT know the score and time left on the clock in a NBA finals game!!??
View Quote
I hate every team in Ohio, so I laugh my ass off when they have bad luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:04:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jordan was not a "lights out shooter." Jordan's career three-point percentage is 32.7, James's is 34.4. Jordan's career two-point percentage is 51, James's is 54.7. For 2018, 32.7% on threes would rank 125th in the league. In 1998, Jordan didn't even attempt enough threes to be ranked. You Jordan guys should stop making stuff up. It detracts from his greatness.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The game was way more physical in Jordan’s day with better rim protectors; due to the style of today’s game, with the floor spread by better perimeter shooting, and the refs more aggressive to calling fouls, Lebron gets an advantage in getting to the rim and getting to the line. Lebron wouldn’t have been nearly as good in Jordan’s era, even though there is arguably more talent now in the current league. It is just a different kind of talent. Today’s league doesn’t center around guarding the paint, or getting to the paint.

If Jordan had played in today’s league, with Curry and Thompson able to spread the floor for him, his stats would have been untouchable. We would be saying, “Lebron who? Better than Jordan? Bwahahaha.”
View Quote
Way fewer fouls are called today than in Jordan's era. Go look up free throw attempts over time. That's just a fact. It's not an opinion.

Jackson always kept a knock-down three point shooter on Jordan's teams.  The bulls played tons of iso with Jordan, just like the Cavs do witn LeBron.

LeBron's detractors are apparently stuck with 1998's internet.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Jordan was not a "lights out shooter." Jordan's career three-point percentage is 32.7, James's is 34.4. Jordan's career two-point percentage is 51, James's is 54.7. For 2018, 32.7% on threes would rank 125th in the league. In 1998, Jordan didn't even attempt enough threes to be ranked. You Jordan guys should stop making stuff up. It detracts from his greatness.
View Quote
Not sure why Fox called Jordan a lights out shooter, yesterday he was arguing against Jordan (in that Lebron is GOAT thread that you yourself posted in cttb, so you should know he's not a Jordan guy)
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cavs should have acquired Deandre Jordan.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The NBA did the right thing by down grading Thompson’s foul. He didn’t make contact up high like they thought on the court.
Therefore, it was only a flagrant one and wouldn’t be ejected. Thompson said he didn’t know he had been ejected, that’s why he didn’t leave and the altercation started.

The complaint should be since he was ejected on the call ,the altercation should never had happened if he had left immediately.  Not knowing shouldn’t be a defense, as we all know.

Yes, KL was on the court but he showed no intent. He was just standing there and never made a move to show he wanted to get involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to deny that if it had been Draymond, it wouldn’t have been downgraded. Nick Young comes on the court, “hey, that’s the rule.”

But we all know the rules are applied differently for different folks...

In the end, it won’t make any difference.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Hard to deny that if it had been Draymond, it wouldn’t have been downgraded.

View Quote
Has an extensive history of dirty plays earning multiple suspensions or fines and racks up technicals like it's a worthy accomplishment, and is a all around poor model of sportsmanship which is a bad look for the NBA. He got away with an intentional eye gouge on the worlds best player.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Has an extensive history of dirty plays earning multiple suspensions or fines and racks up technicals like it's a worthy accomplishment, and is a all around poor model of sportsmanship which is a bad look for the NBA. He got away with an intentional eye gouge on the worlds best player.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard to deny that if it had been Draymond, it wouldn’t have been downgraded.

Funny, the old time NBA fans tell me how that was just normal play back in the day.

“Hey, that’s the letter of the rules - our hands are tied.” Unless Cleveland needs a chance to avoid humiliation, that is.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Funny, the old time NBA fans tell me how that was just normal play back in the day.

“Hey, that’s the letter of the rules - our hands are tied.” Unless Cleveland needs a chance to avoid humiliation, that is.
View Quote
To avoid humiliation?

Dude the NBA already admitted to a missed call that could have hanged the outcome of the game (lane violation)

Not to mention the numerous other debated fouls called
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
To avoid humiliation?

Dude the NBA already admitted to a missed call that could have hanged the outcome of the game (lane violation)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To avoid humiliation?

The lane violation is a poor excuse for a “do over”....

It didn’t affect the outcome of the play as the Cavs still got the rebound and it didn’t make George Hill miss the shot.
I understand they “said” it was a lane violation but that is miscalled all the time....as in “they don’t call it”.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It didn’t affect the outcome of the play as the Cavs still got the rebound and it didn’t make George Hill miss the shot.
I understand they “said” it was a lane violation but that is miscalled all the time....as in “they don’t call it”.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To avoid humiliation?

The rules state he would have been entitled to another free throw if they called th lane violation, though, and right? But no one ever calls lane violations in the NBA. That would have been chicken shit.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The rules state he would have been entitled to another free throw if they called th lane violation, though, and right? But no one ever calls lane violations in the NBA. That would have been chicken shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To avoid humiliation?

I understand the rule that GH would be a “entitled” to another shot (some people’s favorite word) but it didn’t cause him to miss and the Cavs got the rebound so play on.

To me that is a no harm no call type of play.

Almost like in baseball if there is obstruction by a fielder. The umpire holds his arm out and if it affects the play, then they call it.
If not, the play stands...only call the violation if Green gets the rebound or boxes out for another GSW to get it.
The Cavs got it so no call.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:27:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I understand the rule that GH would be a “entitled” to another shot (some people’s favorite word) but it didn’t cause him to miss and the Cavs got the rebound so play on.

Almost like in baseball if there is obstruction by a fielder. The umpire holds his arm out and if it affects the play, then they call it.
If not, the play stands...only call the violation if Green gets the rebound or boxes out for another GSW to get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To avoid humiliation?

I agree with you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:42:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Any sort of movement into the lane affects the shooters vision
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just like no one has ever reviewed a players position then changed the call to a block?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top