Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/3/2021 12:53:26 PM EDT
There are not many women’s sports I enjoy but this is at the top of the list. Blazing speed for infield players. Incredible pitching. This is worth the watch.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Go Dukes
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I always kind of brushed off woman’s softball, until one day my 40yr old neighbor tossed a few pitches past me.

She was a pitcher in college (D1) and even at 40yr, that  fucking ball had HEAT.

I was immediately humbled.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#3]
@EDDIECRUM  the wife got me hooked on watching it; I'd rather watch this than men's baseball.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you certain they're women?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't typically watch any sports but I remember in 2008 enjoying the women's softball games in the Olympics. I think that was the last year they had softball as a sport, which seemed bizarre considering some of the stupid sports that are played in the Olympics.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go Dikes
View Quote

Fixt
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Must be a tic fan.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't typically watch any sports but I remember in 2008 enjoying the women's softball games in the Olympics. I think that was the last year they had softball as a sport, which seemed bizarre considering some of the stupid sports that are played in the Olympics.
View Quote

Like this summer... skateboarding and bmx. Those are x-games activities, not fucking Olympic sports.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree, it's a great tournament. It's also a great showcase on why Women's sports need to stay tranny free. Watch how they interact with each other, it's different than a college baseball game for instance. The woman partake in scripted chants, hugs, along with other minor minutiae to help manage in game anxiety and to encourage teammates. The games are very similar but the whole experience is different and in a good way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:05:45 PM EDT
[#10]
What network is broadcasting it?

Primetime? Day games?

I'm guessing ESPN.

FESPN. I cancelled those fucks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Americans and territories of the British empire are the only countries that can compete, so they yanked it for more inclusive sports.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#12]
ESPN, 4 games today. Losers play tomorrow. James Madison tied with OU top of 7th.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I always kind of brushed off woman’s softball, until one day my 40yr old neighbor tossed a few pitches past me.

She was a pitcher in college (D1) and even at 40yr, that  fucking ball had HEAT.

View Quote

Pics of 40yr old Heat thrower plz
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#14]
The only thing I can't stand about women's softball on TV is the constant cheerleader type yelling and screaming from the dug outs. Wish there was a way for the audio to be focused on the batter or fans, not the dug outs.

It's like watching a little league game on tv and having a microphone in the middle of the parent's section. It drives me crazy.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Go Dukes
View Quote

Yes. I’m always for the underdogs against a juggernaut like Oklahoma. I’m watching right now in the bottom of the 8th. JMU up by 1.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:49:10 PM EDT
[#16]
What an upset!

Not sure it is an upset. Dukes have only lost 2 games this year.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Women's College Lacrosse/Field Hockey

Absolutely legendary
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#18]
In my 30s I dated a girl that pitched in the pan am games .she gave private pitching lessons .when I had nothing to do Id tag along and catch for herIt hurt to catch what she was throwing.kinda scary too to be on the receiving end of those pitches
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Women's college gymnastics
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I always kind of brushed off woman's softball, until one day my 40yr old neighbor tossed a few pitches past me.

View Quote
Our highschool girls team won state championships led by a D1 recruit pitcher. She would routinely mow down the entire baseball team. Was a sight to see.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#21]
My niece is up there this year, first year at Alabama on a full ride. She is a beast but being a freshman she hasn't had much playing time this year. Her first hit as a pinch hitter was a home run, that was cool.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:00:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Tight polyester clad asses and bouncing titties.  Whats not to like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:00:16 PM EDT
[#23]
The stadium is about 3 miles from my house. It kinda screws up some traffic, but it's great for the local businesses.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Like this summer... skateboarding and bmx. Those are x-games activities, not fucking Olympic sports.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Olympics became illegitimate when the committee voted to drop wrestling from the program, which had been contested in one form or another for thousands of years. It is a Brave New World we're living in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to watch some of that when I was younger just because there were some good looking young ladies who played, even if some of them had probably done more muff diving than me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Are they wearing their rainbow pride pins and 'stop climate change' patches??  Do they kneel at the playing of the anthem in protest of all those naughty police mans?  My guess is something like this so no thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Roll Tide
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#28]
More of a women’s pole vault fan myselfAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I used to play coed softball with coworkers. All the women of course sucked. They couldn't throw, catch, hit, or run. But all the teams were the same, so no big deal.

One team's women were all college softball players. We got our asses handed to us.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What an upset!

View Quote

One of the biggest upsets in college softball World Series history.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Go Dukes
View Quote

@baldmonk

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#32]
We have all session tickets every year.

Really fun to go to.

On the other hand the way the ticketing works is pretty fuck up.

My daughter currently is a freshman pitcher for a NAIA school.
It’s a fast game on all levels.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
In my 30s I dated a girl that pitched in the pan am games .she gave private pitching lessons .when I had nothing to do Id tag along and catch for herIt hurt to catch what she was throwing.kinda scary too to be on the receiving end of those pitches
View Quote

Admitting you’re a catcher in GD

Bold move, let’s see how it works out for you.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What an upset!

Yup.  wow.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are they wearing their rainbow pride pins and 'stop climate change' patches??  Do they kneel at the playing of the anthem in protest of all those naughty police mans?  My guess is something like this so no thanks
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#36]
I was watching it last weekend at my in-laws since they are Virginia Tech fans.  There were some good games over the weekend.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Oklahoma State Pitcher Logan Simulek

your welcome
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I've been playing baseball my whole life. I fully expect that a softball pitcher could mow me down and even at the age of 40 I can still hit 80+. The fact is though they're obviously related, women's softball and men's baseball are completely different games. Softball is much, much faster, and the batting approach is very different. Right-handed hitters are "pure" in a baseball sense, while left-handed hitters tend to be bail/slap hitters. It's a fun game.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I liked it best when the 6' goddess was playing.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#40]
I will be in serious withdrawal after the final out.
Them Gals can play serious ball.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Women are just as good as men at everything.

Move it back to 60ft pitchers mound and 90-foot bases.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Women are just as good as men at everything.

Move it back to 60ft pitchers mound and 90-foot bases.
View Quote

Why? You want to make softball less challenging?
The short distance is what makes it such a fast, intense game.
There was a movie called "Fast Ball" that did a nice job of describing the history of throwing truly fast pitches. As it so happens, the ability to interpret and react to a 100mph fast ball from 60' is right at the theoretical limit of how fast the human brain can operate.
If one were to throw a ball at 100mph from 45' it's beyond the ability of a human to see the ball come off the hand, determine if it's a ball or strike, swing and hit it. You'd have to begin your swing at the same time the pitching arm is coming down and commit to the swing before the ball leaves the pitchers hand.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't even watch it and yet want to smash a "like" button for the OP.  Whenever I see a 2-second local news clip of these games for even high school or college girls/women... I'm always very impressed. NO... my 53 year old ass isn't creeping on stocky teenage females (I'd go with 20-something volleyball players if I was gonna indulge my inner creeper).

The "ludicrous" speed that these girls throw that shot-put sized ball around (especially the underhand pitch) is awesome to me. I realize that MLB guys throw far faster... but the visual of those girls throwing that ball around just blows me away. I tend to be a chauvenist when it comes to sports. Actual females can't compete with males, no matter what the fiction that the mentally-ill leftists delude themselves into believing. But what these girls/women/females/ATHELETES do is amazing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I like it too.  They are studletts just watch them go. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fixt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go Dykes

Fixt

Fixt fixt
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nope
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope

Ok, maybe I'll try it.. looks like the next game is  ESPN at 7pm EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Some nice asses on a few of the girls.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oklahoma State Pitcher Logan Simulek

your welcome
View Quote

Dirty inky

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 5:52:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope

I think you will enjoy. No BS, just great amateur athletics. Arizona vs Alabama should be entertaining. Wildcats have won it 8 times and I think Alabama won once. Both teams highly ranked.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top