User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stadium is about 3 miles from my house. It kinda screws up some traffic, but it's great for the local businesses.
View Quote

Yeah, wife and I tried ordering takeout, lot of places in the area stopped taking to go orders till the teams are out of town.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Throw a high riseball to a baseball player and they will never touch it.

View Quote

I don't doubt that at all because a baseball player will almost never see a baseball travel in such an arc. I only say almost because it's theoretically possible that a high fastball thrown from a submariner will exhibit a similar trajectory, though I will state that the common softball lore around the ball "rising" is physically impossible. But what I said earlier is true - baseball players do not face pitchers at that distance with that timing with that arm angle and release point. The swing angle does not match and it won't.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I don't doubt that at all because a baseball player will almost never see a baseball travel in such an arc. I only say almost because it's theoretically possible that a high fastball thrown from a submariner will exhibit a similar trajectory, though I will state that the common softball lore around the ball "rising" is physically impossible. But what I said earlier is true - baseball players do not face pitchers at that distance with that timing with that arm angle and release point. The swing angle does not match and it won't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Throw a high riseball to a baseball player and they will never touch it.

Bonds had no trouble getting to one chest high in the video I posted.  

I remember a time when people said if you have a 95mph+ fastball you would be almost untouchable.  Now I see pitchers throwing 97 on the black and hitters are squaring it up.  Point being a major league hitter (with practice) can hit nearly anything if they know its coming.  

I would love to see the best fast pitch girls go up against someone like Jacob DeGrom or even Corey Kluber (less velocity but moves).  Since the fast pitch players have so little time to react and their pitchers often throw "the equivalent of a 100mph+ fastball at 60'6".  They could even keep their oversized barreled bats with the 10"+ sweetspot (compared to MLB ~3").  Although, if one did manage to put their composite trampoline on a baseball traveling upper 90's it probably would be the last pitch that bat saw.

ETA:
Sean Doolittle when he was with the Nationals tried to make a living as a closer with a 95mph "rising" fastball that he liked to throw at the top of the zone.  He didn't last before people either stopped swinging at it or hit it hard.  And that was a closer who should be throwing less than 30 pitches a game, meaning few hitters got to see him from the box.  They still figured him out fast.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I remember a time when people said if you have a 95mph+ fastball you would be almost untouchable.  Now I see pitchers throwing 97 on the black and hitters are squaring it up.  Point being a major league hitter (with practice) can hit nearly anything if they know its coming.  

I would love to see the best fast pitch girls go up against someone like Jacob DeGrom or even Corey Kluber (less velocity but moves).  Since the fast pitch players have so little time to react and their pitchers often throw "the equivalent of a 100mph+ fastball at 60'6".  They could even keep their oversized barreled bats with the 10"+ sweetspot (compared to MLB ~3").  Although, if one did manage to put their composite trampoline on a baseball traveling upper 90's it probably would be the last pitch that bat saw.
View Quote
I agree in general, but MLB batters are having collectively a bad year.

I'm ready for this pitcher cheating deal to be addressed.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah, it's a great sport... a few years ago my uncle was telling me I have to watch the UW team(University of Washington), they had this pitcher that was incredible... they ended up winning the championship and that pitcher went something like 20,22-0.

the speed and junk they can put on the ball is amazing... and I think something that's really attractive about it is that it is a true women's sport, they are the best in the world at what they do, they are not competing against men in an identical sport and as a result a sort of second class... college sports by nature is a bit more enthusiastic and something about it that just has a fun competitive edge that is lost in the pros.

anyhow, agree OP it's a great sport to watch, I really enjoy it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, but I do think the hitters would eventually adapt.  Maybe not to the .300+ avg w/ 45 HR's and 100 RBI's that we got used to seeing in the roid era.
And the time it would take probably wouldn't be good for MLB's bottom line ($$$).

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy women's college softball and think they are amazing athletes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Oklahoma is stroking it now,, woooohooooooooooooooo
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So which has a higher percentage of lesbians?  Women's Softball or Women's Hockey?

My wife (former Softball player) says it's Hockey.  I say it's Softball.
View Quote

Pics of wife's girlfriend?
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oklahoma is stroking it now,, woooohooooooooooooooo
View Quote

Sad that Odicci Alexander couldn't finish it off.  That young lady has been a beast throughout the playoffs.  But I think Oklahoma is the better team and has a better chance of winning it all.  JMU's run has been amazing.  Gotta love an under dog.  I do enjoy Oklahoma's we will not lose mentality.  They will themselves into rallies.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Oklahoma #1 and tough but watch out for Florida state. I think they can beat #2 Alabama tonight and will give the sooners everything they can handle
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:02:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Not if Montana Fouts pitches anything like the previous two outings...
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Boomer Sooner!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#14]
FSU getting out front early.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#15]

thread has been saved!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
UofA coach Mike Candrea announced his retirement today.

36 years, 24 WCWS appearances and 8 national titles
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I knew the sooners would blow Odicci up if they pitched her again. You can’t throw someone three times in that short of a span the sooners figured her out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Montana Fouts got lit up. Pulled in the 3rd inning.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:47:54 PM EDT
[#19]
NOLES!!!!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Oklahoma vs Florida State for the National Title.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Excellent play by the OU left fielder in top of the 1st.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:19:08 PM EDT
[#22]
2 run shot. Go 'Noles !
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:22:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Looking forward to tonight's game. Incredible athletes putting on a great show. The wife is really interested in these games. They move along pretty fast compared to baseball and she does not get bored.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:31:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looking forward to tonight's game. Incredible athletes putting on a great show. The wife is really interested in these games. They move along pretty fast compared to baseball and she does not get bored.
View Quote

I noticed that last night, it doesn't drag on like a full 9inning game.   Tonight's ball game starts at 6pm Oklahoma time.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Gonna be a tough night. Humidity is about 95% today.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh dang, didn't realize the Final started already and that FSU won, dayum.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Florida State consistently has the best looking players.   Hottie to dyke ration is very high.
View Quote

Heck yeah they do, some nice little feisty spinners
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#30]
My mom was a fast pitch pitcher and then pitching coach.

Let’s just say when I started baseball I had NO problems hitting the ball...

Damn that woman could throw a softball.

Miss you Mom.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Ump can't make up their mind on balls and strikes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Sooners win! Alo is unstoppable.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Love it, my daughter played at a high level, I played men’s fast pitch in the 80’s - it was an extremely competitive sport around here

Used to play a tournament every year at Offut, they’d bring a ringer pitcher in from McConnell- bastards.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ump can't make up their mind on balls and strikes.
View Quote
They've made a few bad calls in the field too.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Fixt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go Dikes

Fixt

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats to Oklahoma for winning the series!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Congrats to Oklahoma for winning the series!
View Quote

They sure are one hell of a team.

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So which has a higher percentage of lesbians?  Women's Softball or Women's Hockey?

My wife (former Softball player) says it's Hockey.  I say it's Softball.
View Quote

In the numerous years that my daughter was on travel ball teams, she said that she only remembers two girls that were openly lesbians.

It is lot less than people think.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#39]
3 National Titles in 5 Years. Natty Patty has it rolling. With the players coming back and another #1 recruiting class coming in OU should be heavy favorites to win it again next year.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#40]
BOOMER
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
BOOMER
View Quote

SOONER
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#44]
It's funny about G. Juarez the winning pitcher for OU. She played with my oldest girl in HS their Freshman year. She was a horrible pitcher. 1-2 record with a 2.67 ERA. But, she worked her tail off and got better every year. She did move to another school her sophomore year in HS to get more pitching time. Now she's at the top winning the WCWS.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top