Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Already in the Glock 10mm family and I don’t shoot .45 ACP but good for them for coming out with new models.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Shot the 509, it sucks.  Bore height.. bad.  This will be worse.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup...

Barracuda dead
HP-DA dead
BDM dead
Forty-Nine dead
Five-seveN life support
FNP dead
FNX dying
FNS dying
509/510/545
High-Power
HiPer

FN Herstal has a new striker fired design already out in Europe, the HiPer.

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/archive/contents/pistols/news/fn-hiper-9mm-semiautomatic-service-pistol/FN-HiPer-2.jpg
View Quote

That looks like the Steyr M series.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Are hammer fired guns more reliable then striker?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No hammer, no care. Just another striker fired POS with a long mag.

Are hammer fired guns more reliable then striker?

Hammer fired suppresses better
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#5]
SOLD  
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup...

Barracuda dead
HP-DA dead
BDM dead
Forty-Nine dead
Five-seveN life support
FNP dead
FNX dying
FNS dying
509/510/545
High-Power
HiPer

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/archive/contents/pistols/news/fn-hiper-9mm-semiautomatic-service-pistol/FN-HiPer-2.jpg
View Quote

High bore centerline over grip reminds me of the SIG 220/226 series.
Short slide make it look choppy and snappy for recoil......................................no thanks.

It will also be discontinued in a year or two like other modern FN designs.

The only FN pistol I trust to carry.

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#7]
My FN509T is an amazing gun and easy to shoot comfortably. It is among my favorites. The da/sa guns are nice but everyone wants striker fired guns now.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And just like that, the FNX is pretty much dead. (It already had one foot in the grave.)
View Quote

But isn't that typical of FN pistols?

I mean, the FNX-T has been around probably longer than any of the rest but still, just another line kill off?

I'm not digging the extendo look at all. Seems bulky and awkward.

Guess I need to go buy that 45 FNX-T now on buy now pay later plan.

I think I'd rather go with the S&W MP 10 for the 10mm.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup...

Barracuda dead
HP-DA dead
BDM dead
Forty-Nine dead
Five-seveN life support
FNP dead
FNX dying
FNS dying
509/510/545
High-Power
HiPer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The FNP was a POS and replaced by the FNX.
The FNX had its own issues.

Modern FN has a history of short runs and model changes on their handgun designs.

Yup...

Barracuda dead
HP-DA dead
BDM dead
Forty-Nine dead
Five-seveN life support
FNP dead
FNX dying
FNS dying
509/510/545
High-Power
HiPer

Looks sorta Ruger Americanish.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]
How fucking hard is it to remake the original Hi Power with a few minimal improvements that help modernize it? People running some of these companies have shit for brains.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Meh.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Sweetbaby Jesus. And I live in California.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How fucking hard is it to remake the original Hi Power with a few minimal improvements that help modernize it? People running some of these companies have shit for brains.
View Quote
I'd love a Hipower with a rail. Or a P210 Carry with a rail for that matter while i'm bitching about things I want but won't buy because they don't have rails.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't worry, Girsan has you covered.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve been reading a lot of positive stuff in them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amd that's why FN dumped the Hi-Power. They can't compete against Girsan and their labor.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Once I put an Apex trigger in my 509T, it quickly became my favorite striker fired handgun.

I’ll be getting both of these.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yup...

Barracuda dead
HP-DA dead
BDM dead
Forty-Nine dead
Five-seveN life support
FNP dead
FNX dying
FNS dying
509/510/545
High-Power
HiPer

View Quote

What optic is that? Looks open at the top.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And just like that, the FNX is pretty much dead. (It already had one foot in the grave.)
View Quote

I think you’re correct.

Does FN still support older products? If a Forty Nine shit the bed, would they fix it or is the owner screwed?

I’m guessing these will run in the $1200 range at dealers. Maybe more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think you're correct.

Does FN still support older products? If a Forty Nine shit the bed, would they fix it or is the owner screwed?

I'm guessing these will run in the $1200 range at dealers. Maybe more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you're correct.

I'm guessing these will run in the $1200 range at dealers. Maybe more.
FN hasn't supported thr Forty-Nine since the early 00s. Of that gun shits the bed, it is dead. That gun is a fancier Sigma.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#21]
FN makes great looking pistols that perform terribly (trigger) and have zero aftermarket support.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Now with more Squishy
View Quote

LMAO. Yeah there’s that too
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:04:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
My FNX is fantastic. And I'm in the market for a 10millie. But no hammer kills the deal.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My FNX is fantastic. And I'm in the market for a 10millie. But no hammer kills the deal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I wanted a hammer fired 9mm tactical.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Mags appear to be priced typically for FN:

Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I wanted a hammer fired 9mm tactical.
View Quote

Wait for the High Power Tactical variant
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm definitely buying one of the 510s.  I have a 509 Tactical and I love it.  Those trashing it must suck at shooting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Interested for sure. Large capacity in big calibers and also compacts are gay.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The striker market is saturated, and the demand for hammer fired guns, particularly SAO, is exploding.

The problem with the FNX-45T isn't that it's a hammer fired gun. The problem is that it's a ~$800 gun that costs $1,400.

Unless these 510s and 545s have amazing triggers or something, they're going to flop hard competing against Glocks, Sigs, and M&Ps while costing several hundred dollars more.

If anything, I'd say the FNX-45T is a more viable product on the market than the striker fired 545 because it actually has traits to differentiate it from the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
O.K.m I'll say it;

Unless they also release a 10mm based on the FNX, like people have been asking for for years, their marketing/research team should be fired.

The majority of shooters want striker fired guns.

The striker market is saturated, and the demand for hammer fired guns, particularly SAO, is exploding.

The problem with the FNX-45T isn't that it's a hammer fired gun. The problem is that it's a ~$800 gun that costs $1,400.

Unless these 510s and 545s have amazing triggers or something, they're going to flop hard competing against Glocks, Sigs, and M&Ps while costing several hundred dollars more.

If anything, I'd say the FNX-45T is a more viable product on the market than the striker fired 545 because it actually has traits to differentiate it from the market.

Those mags in SAO means credit card time. I'm already good with 9mm but in 10mm and 45 I'm in
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Can’t lie… I’ve always liked those FNs. These are cool looking.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
FN makes great looking pistols that perform terribly (trigger) and have zero aftermarket support.
View Quote

Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really don't care about the market.  I just want that 510.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#37]
This right here, FN and Walther are horrible about bringing new models out. aFN tends to drop support for the old ones. At least when Walther replaced the PPQ they kept mag compatibility.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:35:54 PM EDT
[#38]
What does this do that a Glock 20/21 won’t?

(You can get extendos for .45 and 10mm Glock mags)

And the current gen5 Glock 20/21 all have MOS so optics are covered
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What does this do that a Glock 20/21 won’t?
View Quote

Fit my hand?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s FN. it will be discontinued by SHOT Show 2025 with no support from FN.

ETA: Beat to the punch by multiple people. FN warranty is also the bare minimum allowed by law in the United States. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:50:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It’s FN. it will be discontinued by SHOT Show 2025 with no support from FN.
View Quote

Who cares?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 11:51:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Who cares?
View Quote

You obviously.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You obviously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares?

You obviously.

No, I don't.  I'll buy the gun and put it through its paces within the first year.  If I plan on shooting it regularly, like really putting serious rounds through it, I'll buy spare parts.  If it breaks, I'll have it serviced during that early period.  After that...why would I care if they discontinue it?  I had a pre-89 Steyr AUG back in the late 90s and early 2000s that they very definitely didn't import or service anymore, but that didn't make any difference to me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#44]
meh
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Maybe I'll finally get the FNX 45 Tactical I've wanted. Someone is bound to sell theirs to get a new model.

If not, I like the 10mm option.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:21:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Phooey, another trigger safety, and no doubt plastic.  Ick.

View Quote

Yeah, this design is totally new and hasn't been around for years and years in FN's other striker-fired pistols....  
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No, I don't.  I'll buy the gun and put it through its paces within the first year.  If I plan on shooting it regularly, like really putting serious rounds through it, I'll buy spare parts.  If it breaks, I'll have it serviced during that early period.  After that...why would I care if they discontinue it?  I had a pre-89 Steyr AUG back in the late 90s and early 2000s that they very definitely didn't import or service anymore, but that didn't make any difference to me.
View Quote
FN has a history of dumping support for their commercial products fairly quickly. Overall, this gun is nothing that amazing. Another polymer frame striker fired pistols that you can put a RDS and light on plus coming with a threaded barrel.

I get where you're coming from. I have plenty of guns that don't have factory support. The difference is, a good chunk of those guns are over 80 years old. More modern, post war designs that I have that don't have factory support are because the company went out of business altogether (MSAR AUG) or the design has been retired after a few decades of support and there are no major markets for it anymore (S&W 3rd Gens).

But FN is known for simply dropping support within a few years and just outright abandoning it and their owners.

Overall, I'm not that impressed by this pistol or most modern designs hitting the market. They all shoot the same cartridge and the wheel can only be invented so many times. Another polymer frame striker fired pistols that you can put a RDS and light on plus coming with a threaded barrel in an ocean of such pistols doesn't stand out.

GLOCK, HS, SIG, Walther, HK, S&W, Beretta, etc... they all have them. Now, .45 ACP and 10mm is a slightly smaller market space and there is less competition in that market since companies like HK and Beretta have stated they aren't going to make a large frame pistol. But still.... it is just kinda boring.

Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
FN has a history of dumping support for their commercial products fairly quickly. Overall, this gun is nothing that amazing. Another polymer frame striker fired pistols that you can put a RDS and light on plus coming with a threaded barrel.

I get where you're coming from. I have plenty of guns that don't have factory support. The difference is, a good chunk of those guns are over 80 years old. More modern, post war designs that I have that don't have factory support are because the company went out of business altogether (MSAR AUG) or the design has been retired after a few decades of support and there are no major markets for it anymore (S&W 3rd Gens).

But FN is known for simply dropping support within a few years and just outright abandoning it and their owners.

Overall, I'm not that impressed by this pistol or most modern designs hitting the market. They all shoot the same cartridge and the wheel can only be invented so many times. Another polymer frame striker fired pistols that you can put a RDS and light on plus coming with a threaded barrel in an ocean of such pistols doesn't stand out.

GLOCK, HS, SIG, Walther, HK, S&W, Beretta, etc... they all have them. Now, .45 ACP and 10mm is a slightly smaller market space and there is less competition in that market since companies like HK and Beretta have stated they aren't going to make a large frame pistol. But still.... it is just kinda boring.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose it's boring if you LIKE all the other polymer 10mm offerings, but I don't.  I love my FNX Tactical 45 and I really like my FN 509 Tactical as well.  I don't particularly care for the Glock 10mm's or the SIG polymer 10mm.  
As for support, I stand by what I said.  I have owned many guns that didn't offer warranty support.  In fact, there've only been two guns I've ever owned that I actually GOT warranty support for.  Ironically, one of them was a SIG 10mm.  But neither of those guns was something I'd had lying around for years.  If a gun breaks right after I buy it and I'm not satisfied with the factory response, it's gone.  Sold or traded.  If it doesn't break in the initial period, I've always considered repair my own responsibility.  It's a non-issue.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Right?

I mean don't get me wrong, I think they're great, but does it really hold 22+1 rounds?

Why not make it hold 30+1 if you're just going to run a ridiculous length mag?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Neat, but the 'stendos need to go.

Right?

I mean don't get me wrong, I think they're great, but does it really hold 22+1 rounds?

Why not make it hold 30+1 if you're just going to run a ridiculous length mag?

You can still sit in a car with a holstered 22rd mag.

Not with a 30rd I’d bet.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top