Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Auto adjust won't work with NODS. Hard pass.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
We sold steel and oil to Japan prior to WWII.

In irony, the Japanese used the oil to propel the ships and steel for bomb casings and attacked us at Pearl Harbor.

Would it be ironic to use Holosun products to fight the Chinese?

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
https://www.sigtalk.com/cdn-cgi/image/format=auto,onerror=redirect,width=1920,height=1920,fit=scale-down/https://www.sigtalk.com/attachments/f8976a7e-98b3-471b-b48c-4acad8ddc092-jpeg.433841/

Today, Holosun pushes the envelope of red dot technology!
We would like to introduce the SCS (Solar Charging Sight). This product brings the next level of our Solar Failsafe system to the red dot user. Being an auto-adjusting only system, it uses multiple sensors to be able to accurately adjust the brightness level of the reticle to the correct setting, even when using flashlights! Furthermore, the system does not require the user to replace batteries. It uses the ambient light not only to power itself, but maintains charge to an internal battery for when low-light situations arise. All this is uniquely fitted in an ultra low system that is not only compatible with standard height BUIS, but is uniquely shaped to direct fit to an exisiting manufacturer's slide profile and still offer features you expect from Holosun such as M.R.S. (Multi Reticle System) in a Grade 5 titanium housing.
As pictured, this model was made specific to interface with the Glock MOS slide profile.
View Quote

Trijicon?

https://i.gifer.com/7VE.gif
View Quote

YES!!!!

I wanted this capacitor powered sight to become a reality soo fucking bad..!

Guys, you are watching legacy companies like Aimpoint and Trijicon die in real time, there are hungry companies like Holosun out there that want your business bad enough to go after it with innovative product worth having.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

YES!!!!

Guys, you are watching legacy companies like Aimpoint and Trijicon die in real time, there are hungry companies like Holosun out there that want your business bad enough to go after it with innovative product worth having.
View Quote

lol

There will always be a market for non-chinese premium optics.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don’t care if Trijicon takes 5 years. I just want them to start making SRO’s. It’s ridiculous production is so far behind that every single retailer is out of stock of them. I read the lead time for SRO’s is at 20 weeks.
View Quote

I don't want any of Trijicon's current MRDS's until they fix the zero loss problem I have on both of my SRO's and enclose the emitter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:28:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice. A lot of tech in there. I will be watching for updates. I have aimpoints and holosun. China or not they are producing good products.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Partner with Primary Arms and make one with the ACSS reticle like my HS507C-X2 and I'd be right on that.  
Maybe after another year or so of red dot shooting I'd consider it.
View Quote

Maybe... There was enough interest for them to make the 509T with the ACSS reticle now...
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
How will it charge in a Duty holster? Or on the Night shift? Or in a bedside safe?

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm grateful the chinese just love us tenderly.
View Quote

Let the optics virtue signaling begin.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How will it charge in a Duty holster? Or on the Night shift? Or in a bedside safe?

View Quote

Or concealed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:38:54 PM EDT
[#13]
If this is as durable as the 407/507... I’m afraid I might have to get one.

I don’t want to, but at this point I’d almost rather send money to a chyna company that innovates than a US company price gouging.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chinese capitalism beats American MBAs and lawyers, news at 11.
View Quote

Chinese industrial espionage beats American R&D
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

It still bothers me that American companies are so willing to give markets they create away. Trijicon for example isn't just another brand to me, they are a 5 minute drive from where I am typing this. I've shot matches with their people, shop at the same grocery stores, probably have them in my neighborhood. I just shake my head that more of the profits from those fat .gov contracts could have gone to their future.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Seen that a few times and have wondered if the woman in the top pic has seen herself portrayed as the "obese woman"
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It still bothers me that American companies are so willing to give markets they create away. Trijicon for example isn't just another brand to me, they are a 5 minute drive from where I am typing this. I've shot matches with their people, shop at the same grocery stores, probably have them in my neighborhood. I just shake my head that more of the profits from those fat .gov contracts could have gone to their future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Ask them why they can't or don't develop a budge option to compete against ChiComm based competitors. I bet it has less to do with .gov contracts and more to do with profit margins being not there for them to do so. That American company has to pay more in taxes/benefits than their Chinese competitor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Chinese industrial espionage beats American R&D
View Quote

What US company is making forged Titanium housings (sealed or unsealed) with solar power, shake awake power switching, or mutliple reticles that are better for people with astigmatism?

Sure, Trijicon sued them over button placement. Whatever. Holosun is beating other companies at their own game. The RMR, SRO, and Deltapoint were cool when they came out, but 2009 was a Long Time Ago.

Innovate or Die.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Like it or not Holosun is innovating while Trijicon plays golf and lites cigars with 100 dollar bills provided by the sucker know as the American tax payer.

So patriotic, much brave.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Like it or not Holosun is innovating while Trijicon plays golf and lites cigars with 100 dollar bills provided by the sucker know as the American tax payer.

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:59:53 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a damn shame these guys are more innovative than the high-end legacy optic manufacturers..but I still ain't mounting a single fucking thing that's made in China on my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ask them why they can't or don't develop a budge option to compete against ChiComm based competitors. I bet it has less to do with .gov contracts and more to do with profit margins being not there for them to do so. That American company has to pay more in taxes/benefits than their Chinese competitor.
View Quote

Dude, an RMR streets in the $450 to $500 range right now. I'm in Manufacturing and have a pretty good idea what it costs to make things and how few hands have to touch an RMR going from raw material to finished product. If a company like Trijicon can't make money on a red dot at $500, more with mount, then they don't deserve to be in business. We are talking about a forged aluminum housing with some electronics, lenses, and sealants...... it's not an  Antikythera Mechanism. Yes, you need trained, skilled labor and specialized machinery to make these, but it isn't Rocket Science.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Red dots I’ve had to send back because they broke…

Aimpoint - 2
Holosun - 0

View Quote

I’ll do ya one better…optics I’ve had to send back for repair.

Trijicon- 3
Eotech -3
Aimpoint -1
Vortex -1
Holosun -0
Khales -0
NF-0
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It's a damn shame these guys are more innovative than the high-end legacy optic manufacturers..but I still ain't mounting a single fucking thing that's made in China on my rifle.
View Quote

Where do you want to bet the power supply and diode on your American Made red dot came from?

How about the lenses?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dude, an RMR streets in the $450 to $500 range right now. I'm in Manufacturing and have a pretty good idea what it costs to make things and how few hands have to touch an RMR going from raw material to finished product. If a company like Trijicon can't make money on a red dot at $500, more with mount, then they don't deserve to be in business. We are talking about a forged aluminum housing with some electronics, lenses, and sealants...... it's not an  Antikythera Mechanism. Yes, you need trained, skilled labor and specialized machinery to make these, but it isn't Rocket Science.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll agree with you on the innovation side of things, but you're still not taking into account access to cheap raw materials, regulations, taxes, etc. Holosun's highest costs are probably its American R&D team and marketing department.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:06:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Need a Sage Dynamics test
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We sold steel and oil to Japan prior to WWII.

In irony, the Japanese used the oil to propel the ships and steel for bomb casings and attacked us at Pearl Harbor.

Would it be ironic to use Holosun products to fight the Chinese?

View Quote

No, because you won't be able to use the warranty during wartime. That isn't irony.

What is ironic is getting shot by a CCP thug in a PLA uniform carrying a gun, equipped with a Holosun that you paid for the development of by buying their slave made garbage.

I bet his warranty will still be active too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Need a Sage Dynamics test
View Quote

Yeah, let's see him use it as a framing hammer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Note that they will in your neighborhood and shop at the same store.

Ling-ling gets to shop at the company store and live in her provided apartment with legally allowed one child.

Bet your house is way more than her provided apt.

Do you see the difference in where the money goes?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Honestly, American manufacturing should be embarrassed. China is producing better shit with more advanced materials in many, many industries, clothing being one of them.

I had the money for an RMR, and chose a Holosun because it just had such better features. It’s sad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#31]
So how long does battery last and how long does it take to fully charge it? If I want to carry at night do I have to leave Glock sitting out in the sun all day?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#32]
not only compatible with standard height BUIS, but is uniquely shaped to direct fit to an existing manufacturer's slide profile
View Quote
I'm amused that they're not directly referencing GLock's MOS.

Which leads to another question.... when can we expect to see an RMR version for the 'small portion' of the shooting world that doesn't have MOS slides?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Based
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based

It is a sad reality.  The holosun product is better. Period. Forget about price.  I'm sure many of us would pay a reasonable premium for an equal product.  Here is a news flash: They are not equal.  The holosun has man many more features.  Side tray battery loading. Solar option.  Circle dot. Multiple colors.  Clearer glass.  There is no logical reason to buy the American made product even if the price was similar.  Add in the fact the holosun is significantly cheaper, it is a no brainer. It is pretty sad it has come to this, but it is reality.  

Aimpoint is teetering in the same direction.  They still have durability in their favor at least.  But the holosun, PA, Sig are all very close behind, and again significantly cheaper.  I can see putting an aimpoint on your go to rifle. But outfitting multiple guns doesn't make sense unless you have deep pockets,  where you get nearly the exact same performance at 1/3 the price.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Leaving aside that the Country of Origin is China, and only looking at reliability, look at the poll on this thread I started:
Holosun Issues? Vote Here

377 "No Issues" vs. 57 "Issues" = 87% "No Issues" (really!)

Now I'm thinking I need to put up another thread entitled "Trijicon RMR / RMRcc Issue?  Vote Here!"

I have an RMRcc on a Hellcat OSP and <---- this P80 G26 has a Holosun HS507C-X2 ACSS on it.  Until I have a few hundred rounds through the P80, I won't trust it for CCW, but based on the poll results, I'm thinking it's pretty good odds I'll be carrying it this summer.  Would I prefer to buy American?  Hell, yes!  If I could find an Trijicon / Aimpoint made RDS with the same level of innovations as the 507C even at $400, I'd likely buy it over the Chinese optic.  Unfortunately... I can't.  Yet.

ETA: weapon lights... Note that my avatar is wearing an Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie.  I have multiple Surefires on my ARs.  I have a Streamlight TLR-1 HL on my G19.5.  And three Olight PL-Minis on other handguns.  When Surefire provides a handgun weapon light for less than $150 I'll buy it.  Until then, I'll keep buying Olights and Streamlights and being perfectly happy.
Why is it that light manufacturers with lucrative .gov and/or .le contacts seem to be slow to innovate and really, REALLY proud of their lights in regards to price?  (That's a rhetorical question btw... and, yes, I'm looking at you guys: Surefire, Trijicon, and Aimpoint.)
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don’t care if Trijicon takes 5 years. I just want them to start making SRO’s. It’s ridiculous production is so far behind that every single retailer is out of stock of them. I read the lead time for SRO’s is at 20 weeks.
View Quote

My local shop has a couple on the shelf every time i go in there ..
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YES!!!!

lol

Trijicon isn’t dying. But they are losing
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Or concealed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or concealed.

With a capacitor and internal battery. Like it says
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I want more window, not less.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#40]
The CCP thanks you for your purchase
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:09:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I want more window, not less.
View Quote

This doesn’t seem to have a smaller window compared to their other pistol optics, it’s just lower to the slide
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#42]
I've never used a RDS on a handgun. What happens if it's raining or snowing? How do you keep it from filling up?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:19:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Neat
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:20:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's easy to innovate when you use cheap low risk chinese labor.
View Quote
Its also super hard when you only have 80+MILLION in revenue every year.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:38:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:48:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've never used a RDS on a handgun. What happens if it's raining or snowing? How do you keep it from filling up?
View Quote

Don’t leave your handgun somewhere that will allow rain or snow to collect in the optic
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:51:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There is no doubt in the innovation.  Be interesting to see how this unit pans out.  For some reason the solar stuff just doesn’t seem to have as strong a draw as they keep trying for.  Top loading or side loading battery, and no solar I’d be throwing money at them.   If that internal battery can legit stay charged and the auto adjust feature works like they say I’ll probably get one.
View Quote

I’ll be very interested to see Aaron Cowan review this unit. I have little doubt it’ll be durable enough with the titanium body, but as you say the real question will be how the electronics pan out.

I don’t even own a MOS Glock or a pistol with a milled slide, and I’m still excited to see this for the ingenuity and innovation aspect
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Your money will fund Chinese virus attack. Oh wait...
View Quote

I get what you’re saying, but that was funded by our tax dollars, not Holosun

https://reschenthaler.house.gov/media/press-releases/reschenthaler-uncovers-11-million-taxpayer-funding-sent-wuhan-institute
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#49]
I was gifted a holosun about a year ago. Put it on an 80% P80. It's had around 2000 or a little more on it since mounting.  All of it my reloads. It has been 100%.
Would I have bought it? No. But being gifted by the missus made it a good deal.

Makes you wonder if Trijicon has been working on one and the Chinese do as they normally do and industrial espionage their way to market before Trijicon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Seen that a few times and have wondered if the woman in the top pic has seen herself portrayed as the "obese woman"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, she is morbidly obese.

Fatties need to be shamed.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top